Chapter 2

- Alia -

Alia beamed as she wandered up the path to Hogwarts looking up at the great castle before her. She hadn't been back here since she had left school and it was very strange but bittersweet at the same time. She had had some of the best memories of her life within these castle walls and it was great to be home. 

"Ah! Alia! Welcome back." Dumbledore nodded once with a small smile on his face as Alia beamed with happiness.

"Thank you Albus, it seems strange to be back." Alia smiled, nodding her head once and following him inside. 

"I'm sure it does, now, you've arrived just before the students so you'll have a little time to settle in to your room. It's just down the corridor from Remus' classroom so you won't be far away." Dumbledore told her as they walked slowly through the castle.

"That's great, thank you." Alia smiled. 

"And what shall we be calling you whilst you're here, I presume it won't be Professor Black?" Dumbledore asked, a solemn look on his face. 

"Professor Lupin, I can just say that I'm Remus' sister." Alia sighed, she would've loved to have used her married name but it was too dangerous. Besides, even Elenie didn't know their actual surname.

"Of course, that's very wise. Right here's your room. I think that the students will be here shortly so make your way to the Great Hall in around thirty minutes if you will?" Dumbledore opened the door to a homely looking room with an open fire sitting in the centre of the living area.

"Of course Albus, thank you for this." Alia gave him a warm smile and stepped inside the room, setting her bag down. 

"It's my pleasure Alia." Dumbledore nodded once and walked off silently, closing the door behind him. 

Alia smiled and walked further into the room, heading back to the bedroom where a simple double bed lay in the middle of the room with a bathroom door to the side. It was very simple but she loved it. It would be her home for the year. 

Around half an hour later Alia made her way to the Great Hall where the other teachers were sat at the head table. Remus gave her a small wave and she smiled, quickly making her way over to the seat that he had saved for her. 

"Alia, it's so lovely to have you back." Minerva McGonagall smiled at her as she took her seat. 

"Thank you Minerva, it's great to be back." Alia smiled. She looked down the table and gave a small wave of hello to everyone until she came to Snape. He quickly turned away once he knew she was looking in his direction. He had been the same since they left Hogwarts. 

"You would've thought he'd be past it all." Alia whispered to Remus. 

"You'd be surprised by the grudges that people can hold Lia." Remus shrugged. Alia only had a moment to think about what he'd said when the double doors burst open and students rushed inside, taking their seats at their house tables. 

Harry, Ron, Hermione and Elenie could immediately be spotted taking their seats at the Gryffindor table, they hadn't spotted Alia yet. 

"We had some trouble on the train Alia." Remus muttered as the first year students started to be sorted into their houses. 

"What kind of trouble?" Alia asked, turning to face him quickly. 

"Dementor trouble. I'll explain later." He told her as he watched Dumbledore stand up to address everyone

"Welcome! Students new and old to a new year at Hogwarts! As you may have noticed, we have a few differences to the staff this year. May I introduce our very own Mr Rubeus Hagrid, who will be teaching Care of Magical Creatures this year, after Professor Kettleburn resigned to spend time with his few remaining limbs. Also Mr Remus Lupin, who will be teaching Defence Against the Dark Arts this year along with Miss Alia Lupin, who will be teaching alongside Professor Lupin. Good luck to our new Professors." Alia smiled a little as Elenie and Harry looked up at her, shock evident on their faces'.