Something About Summer

Από whiteflags330

-Formally Known As Summer, Summer- Lanny is almost a senior in high school and he is totally excited for this... Περισσότερα

Cast
Crash
The Ice Cream Shop
Ice Cream Sucks
Amusement Park
Sharp
Day Off
The Party
Felix's
The Birthday Suprise
Happy Birthday
Birthday Hangover
Investigation
Hospital
Remembering
The Dream
Wait It Out
The Ride
Winning Her Back & Other Things
Virgin Stories
The Storm
After the Storm
What If
Confrontation
Prepping

Girlfriend

10 1 0
Από whiteflags330

I fell asleep next to my phone last night with Sadie on the other line. It looks like we fell asleep talking on the phone together. I picked it up and started to talk.

"Sadie, you awake?"

"5 more minutes." She replied, it sounds like I woke her up.

" I have to go to work, so I'll let you sleep and talk to you later."

"Okay, babe. I'll stop by later." She said and hung up.

I smiled and got out of bed, I was wearing exactly what I was when I got home last night. Oh memories, that's definitely a story I'm telling to my kids one day. I looked at my digital clock and realized that I have to be at work in about 20 minutes. I quickly got changed into  grey skinny jeans with an American flag tank top, black converse and a gold skull bracelet I found laying around. Seriously, I don't remember buying this bracelet or even getting it as a gift. I just found in the attic one day when I was searching for something else. I thought it was really cool. Anyways, I brushed my teeth and was about to leave,  but I was stopped by my mom. I rolled my eyes.

"Where are yo-"

"Work, remember that thing that you made me get."

She didn't say anything and just walked into the kitchen. My dad got off the couch and walked up to me. He looked a little nervous.

"I need to talk to you later. Are you closing tonight?"

"Yeah, I'll talk to my boss and let you know." I said and left.

That was weird, why does he want to talk to me? I shrugged it off and walked into work. I saw a new girl behind the counter. She had short black hair with dark brown eyes. She was wearing a black dress with a collar, black polka dot flats, a gold bracelet and a moon and star earring. I walked around the counter and put on my apron and just looked at her with one eyebrow raised.

"I'm Lexi, filling in for Jeff. He's my brother."

"Oh, uh does he have to take care of someone?" I'm dying to know if Jeff has a kid or not.

She shrugged, "Mallory won't be in either today."

"Okay, I'm locking up today, if you don't mind."

"It's no problem. I was going to ask you to anyways." She smiled.

I smiled back and we got to work. For a Sunday, today was pretty busy. Eventually Sadie showed up. She was wearing pink shorts with a black t-shirt that has a knitted collar. white low cut converse and a black cat bag. We both smiled as she walked up to the counter.

"Hey, so everyone else is coming in a bit, are we going to tell them?"

"Of course, I don't want a secret relationship." I shrugged.

"Seriously? You want to be seen in public with me?" She questioned.

I nodded, "You're not the worse girl I've ever dated."

"Shut up." She said trying to hide her smile.

"Oh! You two are dating?" Lexi questioned.

We nodded.

"Well, you guys make a lovely couple." She smiled.

We smiled back. Before I could kiss Sadie, the rest showed up and kind of ruined it.  Ash walked up to the counter and put his hands up against the glass. I noticed he was wearing that silver watch.

"I thought you gave the watch back." I looked at him.

"It's a $9,000 watch and he hurt one of our friends, what you think I'm gonna do with it?"

"I thought you would've pawned it by now."

"Nah, later today. I want to make that kid sees it."

I shook my head, "So, what do you guys want?"

They all gave me their orders and Lexi and I got to work. Ash was wearing maroon skinny jeans, a multi-color tank top, black boots and a silver guitar necklace. Wyatt was wearing tan pants with a light blue shirt, a gold cross necklace and Donald Duck Vans. It's weird how he's wearing a cross, he's not at all religious. Kit was wearing blue ripped skinny jeans with a floral, flowy top, black sandals and a gold bracelet that says, "I can and I will." CC was wearing greenish, grey ripped shorts with a white skeleton tank top, blue floral print boots and a silver dragon ear cuff.

"So-"

"Oh, Lanny for your birthday, it's going to be at my place. Just the six of us hanging out." CC said with a smile.

"Okay, I act-"

"And tomorrow we're going to that shop Laura owns. We're going to buy you something." Wyatt added.

"Great, I wa-"

"What time do you get off work tomorrow?" Wyatt questioned.

" don't work until later in the afternoon, but I did-"

"Great! So all day we're going to hang out!" Ash said with a stupid smile.

I sighed and looked at Sadie who just shrugged. I knew I wasn't going to be able to mention Sadie and I are dating at any point. So, we just decided to let it go for later. Too be honest, I could probably bring it up, however, I'm nervous about how they're going to react. I know Wyatt will be pissed, he already warned me about dating her and CC and I kissed. Although that kiss didn't really mean anything important, especially if she didn't remember it. Plus, t didn't feel anything like how Sadie and mine felt. Lexi snapped her fingers in front of my face.

"You paying attention?" She looked at me.

I nodded, "Yup, totally."

"No, no you're not. Get back to work." She insisted.

I shrugged and did just that.

"Oh, hey, Wyatt. Where'd you get that necklace?" I asked.

"My most recent ex."

"What was her name?" I'm going to trap him.

"It started with a V I think."

"Or did it start with a S and her name is Samantha?" I jokingly said, but I wasn't really joking.

He just gave me a death glare.

"I over heard your conversation with her last night." I shrugged.

He didn't say anything and my friends left, Sadie said that she forgot something and came back to kiss me. I told  would see her after closing. She smiled and left. So, Lexi and I were working our butts off. She had to leave an hour before closing and I was fine with that. No one usually comes in around this time anyways. All I really do I just clean. After Lexi left, my dad walked in. He still had that nervous look on his face. I'm so curious. I made us both a cup of mint chocolate chip ice cream, put up the close sign and sat down with him.

"So, what do you want to talk about?" I questioned.

"I thought a lot about what you said."

"What'd I say?" I think I know where this is going.

"Getting a divorce."

"You're getting a divorce?" I got so excited.

He nodded, "Well, I didn't exactly mention anything yet. You know how scared I am of her."

"Yeah, you know how you're going to do it?"

"Well, I already started packing and got my own apartment."

"You have to tell her." I added.

"What if I just stop coming home?"

"You gotta say something to Adam at least."

"I know and I'll be mailing her the divorce papers. I just have to finish packing." He looked at me.

"You want me to help you pack and keep mom distracted, don't you?" I questioned.

He nodded, "I get to move in with you."

"Lanny, you can't, yet."

"Why not now? She's going to kill me when you stop coming home."

"It's a one bedroom apartment, it's all  can afford right now." He added.

"Fine, I just sneak in through my window every night," I shrugged, "Or sneak nto my girlfriend's house."

He looked at me with a smile, "You have a girlfriend?"

I nodded, "Guess who."

"CC?"

I shook my head.

"Kit?"

"Nope."

"Sadie?" He was really shocked by that, "No way, you hate her."

"I still do." I shrugged.

Someone knocked on the door. I got up, threw my cup away and opened it. It was Sadie. I told her to knock on the door. My dad got up with a smile on her face and shook her hand.

"I never thought this would happen."

She smiled, "Lanny is actually really sweet."

"I know he is," My dad winked at me, "Did you get paid today?"

"Nah, tomorrow."

"Well, here's $60. Treat her right." He smiled and left.

I locked up and we left.

"$60, what do you want?" I questioned.

"Win me something at the arcade." She replied.

I shrugged, "Thank god, I don't have to wear a suit."

"I want one of those cool lamps or something." She added grabbing my arm.

I smiled, "Sounds good to me."

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

3.4K 392 26
When Leah first hooked up with Landon, she thought it would be a one time thing. Once turned into twice, turned into countless times. Now, she's wond...
Summer Rain Από Vixie Rose

Εφηβική Φαντασία

660K 19.5K 49
"Together we were like summer rain. Rare and indescribable until you feel it for yourself..." When Avalina Bennett and her family spent the summer...
3.2K 608 16
On steamy, hot summer days, the parched soil cracks like ice into jagged lines resembling lightning blowing up the midnight sky. Summer craves to be...
3.7M 97.1K 70
[Includes Something about Summer & After Rain] Raine Evans had everything. Okay, maybe not. So she avoided her problems a bit too much and didn't hav...