Crazy,Awkward,Sweet

By RE_BellBooks

"I missed having a little cas in my life." He smirked, letting his eyes show a little life. It was a sight to... More

Crazy,Awkward,Sweet
CASTING CALL
We Meet Again Cruella And Fatso
The Worst New Kid
Rumor Has It
Sadie The Illusion
Revealing Paisley Jayne
Only Child Syndrome
Screwing With Fate
Date Night, Pick A Fight
Betrayal Is A Bitch
Heads Will Roll
Dancing Queen
That's Not My Name
But Did You Die?
Liquid Courage
Playing Cupid or Playing Stupid?
A Lesson In Lying
Aussie Sauce
Hang In There
That Homewrecker Look
Corrupted Company
Sarcasm And Ice
Awkward Encounters
Revenge Is Bitter Sweet
I'm Too Cool For Emotions
Call Me Nightlock
Burning Rooms
Matey's Mom Has Got It Going On
Skip The Drama, Stick With Mama
A Sacred Bloodline Of Chewy's
Cop Out Coward
Porcelain Problems
Deliver Us From Matey
Womb Raider
Silent Sirens
Drowning Shadow
Mending Maniacs
Chasing Hans
The Trouble With Matey
Be Your Own Oprah
Untapped Emotions
Teen Spirit
Guilt Trip
The Beginning of the End Pt.1
The Beginning of the End Pt.2
Kiss Me, Miss Me
When It Drops, It Shatters
Life After Disaster
Break Me Softly
Naked Marching Band
Highland Hopes
When Goodbye is Good
Author's Note

Kirb Your Temper

54.9K 2.8K 505
By RE_BellBooks

"Fucking hell!" Ezra cried out crashing onto my bedroom floor. I stepped out of the way the nic of time.

"What the hell were you doing in my closet!" I growled throwing down my sneakers on Ezra's body. He groaned and flopped on his back.

"Whaaat?" he drawled out looking around my room in bewilderment. "This isn't my house? Damn closets, always transporting me into different houses and shit." he chuckled nervously. Ezra attempted to get up, but I pushed him back down with my foot, placing it right on his throat.

"Why are you in my closet?" I narrowed my eyes at him. Ezra looked lost before he turned his head to glare at Hans and Laurel.

"Thanks a heap you guys. She wasn't supposed know I was in there!" he hissed. Hans threw his hands up in defeat.

"Dude, I work for Matey, not against her." Hans defended himself. Ezra rolled his eyes and looked to Laurel who was now playing a game on her phone. She briefly looked up then went back to her phone.

"I saw this coming, thought it was far more entertaining." she shrugged.

"If this is about my mother again, I will grab your balls and rip them off." I warned Ezra, before grabbing the air and pulling to illustrate what I meant. "Just rip it off Ryder. Not kidding--i'll just rip it. I'll pick em' off like grapes on a vine. It's that easy."

"Okay I get it!" he cried out, terrified. "I won't try to go after her anymore-"

"Good." I sighed in relief, letting Ezra run free.

"I can't promise she won't go after me though." he smirked before literally ripping his shirt off like the hulk. "Oh Miss.G!" he called out before dashing out of my room.

"You get back here you fucking jail bait!" I growled, chasing after him.

***
I handed Ezra the pair of sunglasses I gifted him. It was an olive branch gift after I gave him a black eye.

We kinda took things too far. And by we, I mean him. It was completely his fault that I had to use the big guns. It wasn't my intention to hurt Ezra, it just happened.

"Thanks." he mumbled, sliding the glasses on before we entered the school.

"No problem." I shrugged. Together, we walked to his locker. I felt guilty for attacking Ezra, but in all fairness I did warn him. So really, who's fault is it that he has a bloody black eye?

Not I sir, not I.

"Whoa bro, who brought the terminator to school?" Reese teased, Ezra upon seeing him. Ezra growled and slammed his locker on Reese's hand.

Reese jumped back and screamed. My eyes widened at how fast things were escalating. Ezra cracked a small smile and walked away with his gifted sunglasses and black eye.

"Why the hell did he do that for!" Reese cried out rubbing his hand.

"He's a bad boy who got a black eye from a girl who likes to wear sundresses. He had to claim his manhood one way or another. You just happened to say the wrong thing at the wrong time." I explained grabbing Reese's hand and examining it. "Come on, let's go to the nurse. He'll bandage you up, you big baby."

"You try getting your hand slammed in a locker!" he cried out.

I laughed at him because it was the only thing I could do. There were no words that could comfort Reese. But he'll spring back once the nurse clears him.

We arrived at the nurses station a little bit before first period began. I didn't mind being late--it was algebra II. The first algebra course I took was a nightmare, this one was torture. So I found no fault in skipping that class to tend to my ailing step brother.

"Nurse Kirby! Quick, we have an emergency, I don't think he'll make it!" I cried out hysterically shoving Reese into Nurse Kirby's arm.

Reese stumbled and balanced himself with the help of the nurse. "Dude, seriously!" Reese cried out.

"Will he live? Is he going to pull through?" I cried dramatically, placing my hand over my head like a southern bell. "Sign this, saying I was here please." I added quickly shoving a paper in front of the nurses face.

"She's your sister?" The nurse asked Reese, pointing at me.

"Through marriage, unfortunately." Reese sighed.

"So you're the one behind the great buttered hall?" he raised his eyebrow.

"I see you've heard of my work." I grinned proudly. However, Kirby did not look impressed.

"You caused a major back-up in my nurses station!" he growled narrowing his eyes at me.

"Major back-up or just an opportunity for more cash?" I smirked.

"No. You obviously don't know how nurses are paid." the big man grumbled. I thought about it, then shrugged because it was true. I honestly had no idea how he got paid.

Was it cash per body? Did he get paid extra for more bodies. If Kirby was paid twenty bucks per body but for every ten bodies he received an additional fifteen bucks. Then how much money did he have after ninety eight bodies?

The answer is- not going to answer because I skipped math class for a reason and that reason was to not do math.

"What is she doing?" Nurse Kirby asked Reese.

"Oh that-" Reese raised his eyebrow, "Oh yeah, we lost her. She's off doing one of her inner monologues. Don't worry, she'll get one of those stupid looks on her face and she'll snap back." he assured Kirby.

"Does that happen often?" Kirby asked, furrowing his eyebrows.

"More than you can imagine. Sometimes these little trips are turned into schemes that usually result in disastrous outcomes." Reese explained gesturing to his injured hand.

Kirby took that as his cue to do his job. He grabbed an icepack and handed it to Reese as he examined his hand. Kirby tsked and wrapped his hand in gauze and did his nurse thing.

"Your hand will be swollen for a few days and bruised for about two weeks." Kirby informed Reese.

"Two weeks? I have a game this friday, what is coach going to say?" Reese cried out dramatically.

"He'll obviously be fine, I've seen you play, buddy. You're not all that good." I sighed, comforting him. Reese narrowed his eyes at me.

"Shut up Matey!" he snapped.

"All right kiddos, you're all clear for class now." Kirby cut in before Reese and I could retort.

"No wait!" I cried out, "Please don't make me go to class! I hate the maths with all its numbers and equations. Who was the monster that decided to add letters into math equations! Satan, that's who!"

"Go." Kirby narrowed his eyes at me,pointing towards the door. I glared at him and refused to break eye contact.

"Kirby is a stupid name." I challenged him.

"So is Matey." he retorted, raising his eyebrow. I plucked the excuse slip out of his hand and rolled my eyes. He dealt a good hand--bastard.

"Touché man, touché." I nodded in mild respect. "We'll see each other again, Kirby the male nurse." I swore solemnly.

"That we will, Matey the student." he nodded in agreement. I grabbed Reese and started towards the door when I stopped.

"Oh....and thank you for breaking the nurse stereotype. A man has every right to be a school nurse too. Kudos big man, kudos." I added, leaving the room with theatrical slow clap.

When we were on our own, Reese shook his head. "You're so awkward and weird, it physically pains me." he winced.

"There's a nice locker door over there!" I said pointing at one, "Shall we let history repeat itself?" I raised my eyebrow.

"No thanks." Reese raised his hands in defeat.

Thought so.

***

"Why are you wearing knee pads to gym class?" I raised my eyebrow at Hans.

"The question isn't why? It's, where the fuck is the bubble wrap when I need it!" he cried out, desperately seeking out for any extra padding.

"Okay...." I drawled out, "I'll play along Hansy. Why are you decked out in safety gear?"

Hans simply pointed at me. As if that was all the explanation he needed. I narrowed my eyes at him, a little offended. Was he insinuating that I was the problem?

"I watched you give Ezra a black eye and Reese told me what you did to his hand." Hans explained putting some distance between us.

"You can't possibly think that I could seriously hurt you?" I scoffed.

"One of them is a tough, motorcycle riding, bad boy. The other is huge football player with the strength of an ox. They both managed to be injured by a girl who isn't 5"5' and dresses like a pastel aesthetic." Hans cried out, "I'm just a boy who still has trouble with puberty! When will I be run over by the sex train that makes people ridiculously hot? I can't lift shit! My girlfriend is stronger than I am. I'm not equipped to defend myself against a girl who can take on two tough guys! I'm the scrawny pale jewish kid with self esteem issues, Matey!" he ranted, going off the rails.

"Whoa....bro you really have to see a therapist. I'm not going to hurt you. Scouts honor." I swore holding up my hand in oath.

"Your honor means nothing to me!"

"How about this. If I hurt you physically at all, Laurel will punch me in the face. Fair right?" I offered raising my hands in peace.

Hans narrowed his dark brown eyes at me. He was skeptical and I totally understood. My word wasn't exactly solid.

"My girlfriend gets to punch you if I'm hurt?" I nodded and smiled. "Oh look, there goes my masculinity." he retorted sarcastically.

"You're funny, you think your masculinity actually existed." I smirked.

"Fine but-" Hans began to protest when he stopped short. "Never mind, lets just go now....away from this exact spot. Now." Hans emphasised, acting stranger than usual.

"What are you talking about?" I furrowed my brows when he began to push me towards the gym.

"You'll thank me later for-"

"Matey!" A familiar voice called down from the hall. My body froze instantly. Was it too late to go see Nurse Kirby? I think I was coming down with a case of chronic humiliation flashback.

"Am I hallucinating?" I asked Hans, hopeful. From the crestfallen expression he wore, I figured that wasn't the case.

"Sorry cupcake." he whispered as Nate approached us. I had managed to avoid him since Friday. The weekend and Monday was easy. But today, I had actively avoided him every chance I got.

"Hey." he breathed out as he stood in front of Hans and I. Nate was decked out in his football uniform and beads of sweat coated his head. "I've been looking for you."

"I've been doing the opposite." I mumbled to myself, "Really? What for?" I smiled broadly.

"I just wanted to see how you are. I haven't seen you since Friday and things are...." he trailed off awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck.

"Great." I nodded, "Things are great Nate. You and I are friends again. We're fine, okay?" I chuckled easily, not letting the utter embarrassment cut at me like a dagger.

Nate met my gaze and I felt like a goner. My awkward chuckle halted and the rest of world sort of melted away. His deep brown eyes were like headlights in the night. You couldn't help but look at them. They were big and bright, but I was a deer....and I had already been run over. I couldn't let it happen again.

"Wow this is like an episode of Degrassi or something....awkward." Hans cut through silence. We both snapped our gazes away from each other, and towards the oaf I called my friend.

"We're friends." Nate nodded with a faint smile. However it wasn't his genuine, god worthy smile. This one seemed out of place and not at all real.

Maybe I had ruined that.

····························································
New chapter for all you lovely patient readers. I'm sorry I was absent last week. I have a lot going on in the real world.

I want to thank you guys for being patient with me. This chapter is a bridge chapter to the next one where a lot will be happening.

I can't wait for you guys to read it! Please vote and comment and I'll see you guys soon :)

Song Shark Attack by, Grouplove. Love this band so much!

-R H E A

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 882 16
First love is hard enough. It's new and exciting and absolutely terrifying and maybe even unrequited. When it's difficult for Skyler to move on from...
658K 15.2K 51
After an unpleasant two years away from her hometown, Chloe Woods is excited to return. She's looking forward to rekindling her friendship with John...
178K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...
573K 20.7K 29
I think that sometimes the universe likes to play sick jokes on people. Like sometimes you drop the ice cream you've been craving on the floor before...