Bubblegum Bitch » Payne

بواسطة noroke

[COMPLETED] Nobody really knows why Tessa Kade is such a, to be blunt, bitch. She's stunning physically, drop... المزيد

Prologue
I. Vanilla
II. Cookies & Cream
III. Mint
IV. Rocky Road
V. Strawberry
VI. S'mores
VII. Oreo Cheese Cake
VIII. Caramel
IX. Cotton Candy
X. Cookie Dough
XI. Butterfinger
XIII. Blueberry
XIV. Gingerbread
Authors Note
XV. Cinnamon
XVI. Sugar Cookie
XVII. Pinacolada
XVIII. Sherbert
XIX. Pumpkin
-Contest-
XX. Pralines & Cream
XXI. Coffee
XXI. Peanut Butter
XXII. Coconut
XXIII. Bubblegum
XXIV. Marshmellow
XXV. Peppermint
XXVI. Honeysuckle
XXVII. Chocolate
Epilogue

XII. Fudge Brownie

12K 297 13
بواسطة noroke

Tessa Kade

Chapter 12: Fudge Brownie

There was no greater freedom than when I woke up five days after I'd hung out with Liam, finding myself feeling exceptionally better. My mind was free, my body felt alive and boy, was I craving to stir up some mischief in compensation for the dull week that was my life. Considering I'd made it out of last weeks hotel without another run in with Jase I knew that I'd have to stir up something.

Sitting up in bed I stared across the room at the blank wall ahead of me, hand combing through the ends of my hair as I thought of what to do. I had the morning off since sound check wouldn't be until later tonight around six or seven. Honestly the possibilities were endless but I found my eyes peering over to my phone on the bed side table, plugged into the wall as it charged. Almost in an obsessive manor I snatched the thing into my hand, unlocking the screen and noticing I had three new text messages.

Not so surprisingly, two were from Liam. It was weird how after the day we spent together we started texting more, not every single day but enough that we kept up with each other. I specifically told myself I couldn't get angry at him for dumb shit but now that I'm back to my normal self, who knows what'll happen.

Liam: Hello America, Mr. Payne is back~

Liam: A fan just tried to take my plaid shirt, there's a hole in it now

It's bad that these are typical texts from him, I mean really bad 'cause it means he's comfortable literally telling me anything. What's worse is that I find myself caring, well not really but these kinds of things are amusing. He's so different from what I'm used to in people since most of my acquaintances are scared of me or hate me. Instead he just walked right in past my hard surface and decided that he was going to stay. I mean that in a friendly way though.

Me: I don't think they want you there, especially if they're ripping your clothes off ;)

The second after I sent it I realized how it sounded but rolled my eyes at my impulsive message, instead looking at the third message I had. Not so surprisingly it was from Yasmin, reminding me that I had the morning off but needed to be on stage by six. Ever since our little spat in the car she'd been less clingy but more professional towards me. I still had yet to decide if that's a good thing or a bad thing since it could mean many things.

With my sudden acknowledgement that I couldn't stay in bed all day again, I threw my covers off of me and stood up. My arms stretched towards the ceiling, hiking up my shirt as I strode towards the bathroom. Nothing says good morning like standing under the wonderful spray of hot water from the shower head. The time spent in the bathroom wasn't as long as I thought it was though as before I knew it I was digging through my suitcase for clothes.

If I could I'd stay in the shower all day simply because it's the most relaxing thing in the world to me. I'd once attempted to go to a spa but the poking and prodding of other people fixing me up was uncomfortable. Sure the massage was nice but then I was covered in oils afterwards and had to wash off in the shower, which topped off that day.

After fulfilling my morning routine of washing my body, brushing my teeth and hair I decided on eating in the dining room over ordering room service. It's my day, why not treat myself right? So just like that I slid into my sandals and threw my damp hair into a pony tail before heading downstairs. There weren't many people around, which I was grateful for, so I easily filled up my plate and took a seat at a lone table.

I was just about to put a sizable piece of waffle in my mouth when my butt vibrated with my phone going off. Figuring it as a text message I continued through with my action before pulling the dumb thing out of my pocket.

Liam: oh on the contrary Ms. Kade, I believe they /are/ trying to get in my pants ;)

"I knew it," I frowned at the message. This was exactly what I was expecting from him as a response since I basically set him up for a smooth comeback.

Me: Let's not get cocky now. Not everyone likes you.

A grin tore at my lips as I locked the screen and placed my phone down beside me, continuing on with the warm meal in front of me. I usually had cereal in the morning but considering I'm not crippled anymore and this breakfast is free, why not? If I remember correctly the last time that I had an actual breakfast was Christmas morning when I returned home for the holiday.

It sucked being away from my family, a lot, but they always encouraged me and told me not to worry since I was living my dream. Despite their argument I still checked up on everyone at least once a week, getting chills whenever I spoke with my youngest sibling, Isabella. She kept on sounding older and older since she didn't usually speak to me for reasons she wouldn't say.

The more I thought about my family the closer my hand inched towards my phone until it was unlocked and showing my contacts. I didn't call them this week yet but the time difference would mean waking them up. As much as I wanted to ring them anyways I set my phone down and sighed. I'll have to wait out the next two weeks until the UK leg of my tour is over so I can go home and spend time with my family.

I inhaled the rest of my breakfast and set my plate off to the side before standing up. My phone rested in my hand as I made my way back towards my room. For a reason unbeknownst to me I ended up passing by the gym, stepping inside and glancing around.

It's not unusual to have days purely for working out but after thinking about it, I've literally done nothing of the sort since landing here. My lips swished back and forth on my face before I left and sped back to my room, intent on working out. When I reached the door though I wasn't expecting to see Yasmin banging on my door.

"Can I help you?" I sighed, arms folding over my chest. Her entire body jumped, eyes wide as she stared at me with her fists balled up at the hem of her shirt.

"What did I tell you about scaring me like that?" She huffed back.

My own brows furrowed as I stared at my manager with confusion, "Um, you haven't 'cos I don't typically scare you. That'd take too much planning on my part."

She stared at me smugly, gesturing towards the door and stepping aside for me. I rolled my eyes at her unvocalized pushy behavior but complied anyways. The same cool air hit me as I nudged the door open and stepped inside, Yasmin trailing behind.

"Did you get my text from an hour ago?" She started from behind me.

"Yup," I popped and laid down across the length of my bed, "That said, why are you here? Don't you have some manager shit to be doing?"

Her sigh was exasperated and drawn out, pulling a smile onto my lips, "That 'manager shit' I do is the only thing that ensures you get on stage. But that aside, I'm here to see that you're not wasting your day like I'm guessing you were planning to do."

"Actually, Yasmin, I was planning on going to the gym," I smiled sweetly at her, "but alas, you're standing here talking to me!"

She said nothing back to me though, instead settling on sending me a tight lipped smile and leaving. The second I heard the lock click I sat up on the edge of the bed and scowled at the ground. It was as if she seriously doesn't give a shit about what I say anymore. As dumb as it may sound, I miss having meaningless spats with the woman.

Shaking my head off from her unusual behavior, I began to search around for any form of workout clothes. Eventually I found some gym shorts and a regular T-Shirt, tossing them on and pocketing my phone and key card before leaving. The walk was shorter than I remembered it being, the musky smelling room bringing a smile to my face as I knew this morning would be filled with lots of sweat. I'm my own personal trainer today and that's its own reward since I can literally do anything unlike the schedule I'm given when I work out with a trainer.

I started on the treadmill as a warm up, doing about five miles then stepping off to have some water from the provided machine in the corner. As I looked around whilst drinking I spotted only one other person in the room but he looked to be way too into lifting weights to notice me. Figuring this is a good thing I jumped back onto the treadmill, did another three miles then pulled out a mat to do crunches on.

It was when I was in the middle of my twenty third crunch that I got a good look at the man's face, going wide eyed then grinning. I'd only ever met him once so it's no surprise that his lean body never added up in my head but now it all makes sense. In a rather awkward way I stared for a minute or so until he finally turned and looked at me, his own shock evident.

"Tessa? Holy shit, what are the odds you'd be here!" He laughed, setting down his weight and turning towards me fully.

"Well I am touring in this area although I must say it's more peculiar that you're here, Warren," I pointed out to the sandy blond. He shrugged, strolling up and getting into a crunching position beside me.

"How is touring going anyway? I heard there was some rumors sprouting between you and Liam Payne," He commented, starting a round of crunches.

A smile teased on my lips at the mention of the idiotic brunette and the drama that surrounded us. It's funny to think of how rude I was to him considering he's almost a friend to me, not quite there but definitely in consideration. There's like a hidden coolness behind him that makes me want to stick around and see if he'll sprout into something worth spending time on. It sound better when in my head, when I don't have to use words to lay out my evil plan.

"Yeah," I lifted upwards into myself, "We sorted it out though."

"So basically you yelled at him?" Warren smirked.

"Duh," I snorted, taking a silence to finish up another fifteen crunches before breaking, "but why are you here?"

He finished up his own round then let his body sprawl out over the ground, head turned my way with a quirked brow, "Pushy now aren't you?"

"Hey, I last saw you almost four weeks ago about a hundred miles away. It's weird that you just happen to be here," I drawled out and tucked my hands behind my head. My eyes wandered on the white ceiling above me as my chest heaved up and down, in dire need of some water.

"Well if you must know, I work as a choreographer and I have some business out here," He said with nonchalance. I turned my lips down in an approving frown then stood up, offering him a hand before heading towards the water machine. We each took turns filling and then refilling the tiny triangular paper cups provided for guests.

"That's cool though," I commented between sips, "Maybe you can show me your moves some day."

"Really?" He sputtered as if he couldn't believe it. 

I looked at him in amusement as he wiped away the water spilling down his chin, "Yeah, I like to learn new things and I'd like to see what you've got."

"Wow, that'd be awesome," He beamed back, "like I've only done amateur classes but working with a big name... wow."

"Nobody said I couldn't be nice," I deadpanned to adjust his shock on the idea.

A grin graced his face as he lent his head to the side a bit, "According to a few articles-"

"Hey!" I shouted, punching at his arm and laughing, "You can't believe those!"

"Calm down! I was just teasing you," He shook his head and turned to toss his cup away.

I rolled my eyes, mimicking his actions then headed towards a leg work out with him taking the machine beside mine, "Jerk."

"It happens," He shrugged. Again I scoffed at him but directed my eyes away from him so I could slip my feet under the cushion of the bar. My legs heaved upwards, sending the weights behind up the wire then back down as I released my hold on the bar. 

Having a conversation with someone without having a spat with them before was a first but I welcomed it. Warren had a certain attitude in him that made it easy to joke around and not worry about literally hurting his ego. That's probably what Marina liked in him most since she knew how to push buttons and joke around more than the next girl. Then again that's why I liked her 'cause we could fight and never have any issues with it.

"Well as fun as this has been, I've got to get going," I spoke after a long drag of silence. The clock hanging above the wall-to-wall mirror showed that I had a little more than four hours left of my free half of the day. 

"You have a show tonight I take it?" He questioned, lifting himself from his own machine.

"Yup and a bossy manager doesn't help it," I grinned as I stretched out and grabbed my things.

"Oh the struggle, I can really see it," He chimed with sarcasm, earning the finger from me when I turned back towards him.

"I'll see you around," My head shook as I waved to him as I passed by, "and tell Marina I said hi!"

"Sure thing," He saluted right before I left.

A smile played on my lips for the following few hours, enjoying reminiscing on the casual and fun conversation I had with Warren. He's a chill dude, makes me wonder if Liam could ever be like that with me although he sort of was but then his ego got in the way. There really is a struggle though, not the manager one, but purely out of being famous and not being able to do what you want.

Hanging out with Liam is fun and all but it's proven to cause a lot of uproar in the media, something that I really don't need. I'm still in the news with something new everyday but that doesn't mean I don't care about who I hang out with and how they get viewed. I've seen my fans go at his fans and vice versa, it's not a pretty thing to see since they think we're trying to get in each other pants.

Apparently, two extremely famous people can't hang out with each other without being deemed a 'couple'. This world is so dumb and materialistic, just how I like it... not.

~*~

Can I just say I love Warren? He's just so damn adorable that it's hard to resist not liking him :) Plus he's like head over heels for Marina so there's no way that he has anything for Tessa, which is always wonderful.

Tell me what you thought about this chapter? And guys! 115 in fan fiction?! I swear I made the most awkward noise when I saw that when I woke up, ah! Can we get it higher though? Let's show all of Wattpad how bad ass Tessa Kade is ;)

Tessa being weird ~l>

See you soon ( hopefully )

-Trinity xo

P.S. - Purdy please go check out my new Niall fan-fic "Falling" it's gonna be intense.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

532K 32.6K 97
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
297K 6.7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
1M 40.9K 49
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...