VI. S'mores

Tessa Kade 

Chapter 6: S'mores 

I felt absolutely ridiculous standing in front of Cafe Rouge and there was not a single thing I could do about it. I'd already received multiple looks from people, most likely mistaking me for who I really am. My clothes were the real kick, the tattered knit sweater I swore I'd never wear was drowning my body with it's thickness. It was hot as hell to so I had no idea why I thought it'd be the perfect cover up. But what really made me feel like a complete idiot was the fact I'd been standing in the same spot for twenty minutes

Multiple times people had asked if I needed help or offered to get me a drink as if they thought I was homeless. Can you not see my black belted wedges and the designer jeans on my legs? It was all about the sweater though not that I can fault them since it was relatively out of season and awkward looking. The things I do to not get noticed, seriously. It wouldn't be like this though and I could take the damned thing off if the asshole showed up on time. I do recall saying 11 sharp. Hell, he even agreed!

My tongue poked out of my mouth and wet my lips as my arms fell to my sides in frustration. Perhaps he realized that this wasn't the best idea and decided on not showing up so he wouldn't have to face my wrath. It's not as if I planned to tackle him to the ground and rip his head off despite how appealing that sounded. Really I was hoping to clear things up and be at least on good terms with him so that at the next public event I could stand to be around him. Damn, I really know how to hold a grudge.

"Oh fuck this," I huffed, catching a glare from a middle aged woman as she walked past with a little girl, "Please, like you don't fight with your husband."

"Excuse me?" She stopped and pulled her daughter to her side.

"Don't play dumb, you heard me," I scoffed, turning my head the other way in hopes she would get the hint I wasn't in the mood to talk.

"You need to watch your mouth," The woman snapped at me. 

My head jolted back to stare at her, eyes running up and down her rather plain outfit before I gave her a smug stare, "Maybe you need to mind you're own damn business or would you rather that I gave the whole block a nice show?"

"I could careless about your life," She spat at me, "Just watch your words when there are kids around."

"Quite a judgment for someone who doesn't know a single thing about me," I stepped forwards into her personal space, smelling the tint of coffee on her breath.

"You're attitude and wardrobe speak for you," She ground out. It was obvious she was trying to hold back in spite of her child being at her side.

"Look lady," I started, poking at her shoulder to get her to step back, "Just mind your own fucking business, 'kay? Now don't make me tell you again."

"I don't know who you think you are but"

"Tessa! Sorry I'm late, how about that coffee?" A voice spoke up behind me, my elbow being grasped in a hand. As an instant reaction I tugged my arm away from them and spun around with blazing eyes only to become more irritated at the sight of Liam.