XIX. Pumpkin

Before I start this chapter there is one thing I'd like to clarify about last chapter since there seemed to be some confusion. 

-Liams Confession

Yes you were supposed to see this! What he was doing was recalling on the fact that Jase had poisioned his mind with things that Tessa supposedly did to him (Jase). So Jase had Liam pretend to be her friend so that she could be crushed when Liam dropped her. Obviously Liam saw the wrong that he'd done and realized that it wasn't Tessa who was the bad person, it was Jase. That's why he went to go and find Tessa so that he could explain himself and apologize.

If anything else is confusing you then just let me know :)

________________________________________________________________

Tessa Kade

Chapter 19: Pumpkin

Head pounding, sharp pained, punch-able light was what woke me up the day after I went clubbing with Marina. Sure, waking up in my room was nice but I didn't remember anything after the third Hurricane I drank. Or was it the fourth one? It's not like it really matters either way.

I buried my head further into the soft pillow that kept my head from literally pulsing. The sun was relentless though, even when I tucked my whole body under the covers. It was a known fact that I loved to drink but I don't believe I ever went this far. I typically had control, some memories but there was nothing to remind me of what exactly happened last night.

In some ways I guess I could be happy that I was in my bed and not a strangers whilst my clothes are spread on the floor. It'd never happened to me but it almost did, thank God for Adam and his quick thinking skills. Since then I haven't gone out without a body guard to watch me but considering I'm home it's not as big a deal as it seems.

The banter going on behind my door was what pulled me from my bed, feet wobbly as I walked on morning legs. Figures that the noise wasn't harsh words but instead yelping of a couple bickering over what to make for breakfast. Seeing the clock hanging on my dresser it was more like brunch, not that I'm complaining 'cause it's food and food always makes my day a little bit better.

Upon finally making it to the kitchen I find Warren holding a pan over the stove and away from Marina as she stretches to grab it. Her drooping eye lids prove to be a sign that she must've gotten smashed last night as well. An interrupted cough from my side of the counter brought the two to switch their eyes my way.

"Oh, hey Tessa," Warren grinned with a wave of the pan, "pancakes or waffles?"

"Say waffles! They'll be toasted to perfection," Marina pressed. Her arms were still stretching to get the pan but since she's relatively short it was pretty much a hopeless cause.

I rolled my eyes at the two of them and shuffled around into the small room, "Let's see, nice and fresh pancakes or premade frozen waffles." I pretended to ponder before sending the two a playful look and gesturing towards Warren.

"Told you!" He boasted, giving his girlfriend a gentle push away.

Her nose crinkled up at him and when his back was turned away she poked her tongue at his back before joining me at the counter. She easily jumped up onto the marble top, mouth opening in a yawn that I had no choice but to mimic. A smile slid on her lips at my matching movement, a scowl coating my own features.

"You look horrible," She commented after looking me over.

"Gee thanks," I replied sarcastically, "but you have no room to speak Ms. Raccoon eyes."

"I just woke up, I have no time to care," She shrugged.

"Then you see where I'm coming from," My mouth twitched in a smirk. Marina scoffed at me but nodded anyways, eyes turning on her boyfriend whom was stirring together various ingredients into a batter. "What a great guy you've got there."

"Seriously," She agreed with a nod, "I don't know how he saw past my rough exterior but I'm happy he did."

"Ew, it's too early for sappy." My nose scrunched up at the topic as I rest my head into my open palm atop the counter.

Warren glanced over his shoulder at me with a raised brow, "I wouldn't say you have much room to talk considering last night."

My own brows furrowed and I opened my mouth to question him but Marina quickly jumped in. "You've got a visitor coming over later so Warren and I are going to go out for the day."

"A visitor?" I questioned.

"Don't sound so surprised," She chuckled, "but yes a visitor and no, I'm not telling you who. They've got a lot of things to talk to you about, according to Warren."

"So you weren't there when they were talking?" My curiosity heightened as I went over people in my head.

"Actually we both were," She easily spoke before grinning, "but we were too smashed to know what was going on."

"Wonderful." A sigh slipped out as I shoved away from the cool counter top and into the living area. My mind was reeling with people that I knew, the headache pounding on my head making it difficult to remember who I'd met in my time in the UK.

There wasn't really that many celebrities that I recall meeting, obviously there were interviewers but I'm not sure I consider them as famous. Then again, Ida had people watching from in the lobby so perhaps she was. I'm not positive that she'd be wanting to come over to Warren and Marina's though and it's highly unlikely that she even knows them. What a wonderful woman though, not too pushy when it came to topics like Liam.

"Liam!" I burst. My own loud voice caused me to cringe but the looks that Warren and Marina gave me were enough to confirm my guess. Sometimes I can be a really big airhead and this headache plus the fact I just woke up, were not helping me. "You guys didn't have to hide it. Liam needed to tell me something last week but I was too busy to hear him out."

"So you don't know what he has to say then?" Warren concluded.

"That's exactly what I just said, are you deaf?" I sassed back. He raised his free hand in defense, turning his attention back to the pancakes splayed out in the pan.

"I think someone needs to go get some more sleep," Marina sang over the sizzle.

"I'm fine, just cranky and in a crazy need of pain relievers," I frowned with my hand rubbing at my temple.

"And maybe a pad," She murmured as she jumped from the counter. I sent her a glare but she winked back at me, scrambling away when I hardened my stare. Seconds later she returned with a white bottle, tossing it to me and collapsing onto the couch.

"What, no water?" I pouted.

"I'm no maid," She scoffed, digging for the remote in between the cushions.

"But I'm your guest," I taunted back.

"You're more like an unwanted hobo."

"Hey!"

"Is for horses."

"You're such a bitch," I muttered and turned to walk into the kitchen.

Just as I disappeared inside I heard Marina calling me back, "Does it look like I have a tail?"

My eyes instinctively rolled at her sassy come backs, hands busy searching for a cup to fill with water. It came to the point I'd gone through all of them but the one beside Warren, whom was smirking like a mad man as I maneuvered to open said cabinet. His head tilted as the wooden door opened to reveal the wonderful water containers called cups.

In a almost hasty manor I flitted to the sink and turned on the tap to the coldest setting while my cup was sat beneath the flow. The pills in my hand were placed in my mouth and swallowed instantly, the headache throbbing against the corner of my head subsiding fifteen minutes later. Idealy breakfast was done at the same time, it being carried in by Warren.

"I still think we should have made waffles," Marina sighed dramatically. I shoved my elbow into her side and took a bite of the fluffy food piled on my fork.

"Be gracious that you get cooked for," I scolded.

She made an inhumane grunt before lolling her head back, "Please, you've just been home for a full week and you're telling me you weren't cooked for. I'm sorry but I find that to be bull shit."

"I'm not an only child," I replied. She shrugged at me and took a loaded bite of pancakes.

The rest of the morning was pretty silent following breakfast. Before I knew it Marina was hunched over the mirror with her make up by her side. Warren was off heating up the car, leaving me to impatiently wait for Liam. I'd realized that he had horrible timing, the first time being back at the cafe. It shouldn't really be that big a deal but I'm pretty irritable as of recent.

"We're off," Marina hummed as she passed through the living room, "If you need anything then just text me. We should be back in a couple hours."

"Whatever," I shrugged. My eyes were trained on the horrible movie in front of me. Marina mumbled something under her breath right before I heard the front door open then close.