So Much For My Happy Ending

By desilisius

(Teen Fiction & Romance) Seventeen year old Michelle has been through hell, and still is. The only thing she... More

Chapter 1 {{~My Life~}}
Chapter 2 {{~One Hell Off A Day~}}
Chapter 3 {{~Fear~}}
Chapter 4 {{~Friends~}}
Chapter 5 {{~Is It Love?~}}
Chapter 6 {{~hell comes to get me~}}
Chapter 7 {{~Trust~}}
Chapter 8 {{~Betrayal~}}
Chapter 9 {{~Mr Grey Eyes~}}
Chapter 10 {{~I've Been Caught~}}
Chapter 11 {{~Golden Guide~}}
Chapter 12 {{~Awkward~}}
Chapter 13 {{~Back To The Beginning~}}
Chapter 14 {{~Lies Or No Lies~}}
Chapter 16 {{~Insecure~}}
Chapter 17 {{~Confidence~}}
Chapter 18 {{~Happy Day :) ~}}
Chapter 19 {{~A 'Mothers' Help~}}
Chapter 20 {{~James~}}
Chapter 21 {{~THE DATE!!~}}
Chapter 22 {{~Oh Shit o.o'!~}}
Chapter 23 {{~Evil Itself~}}
Chapter 24 {{~The Plan~}}
Chapter 25 {{~My Hell~}}
Chapter 26 {{~So Much For My Happy Ending~}} The Final~!
Chapter 27 {{~Unreachable Love~}} Extra~!

Chapter 15 {{~Bodyguard~}}

2.1K 41 10
By desilisius

~VOTE or I will kill RYAN! (joking~ ;3)

**~~**~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~**~~**

(MICHELLE'S POV)

What should I do? What should I do!? I started to panic.

Run? Stay here? No! They already know I’m here!

I saw her on her phone doing something, like she was typing a text.... to Cameron!?

Without thinking any further I abruptly stood up and made a run for it.

I bumped all the girls out of the way not caring if it was rude, I so didn’t wanted to die! 

Though stupid me didn’t think this plan through because I had to pass by Amber to get out of this crowd, and Amber being who she is wanted me to stay longer so she lunged to grab my wrist.

Bad luck for me since she her aim was accurate and grasp firm, and she jerked me back with so much force back that I lost my balance and fell backwards against one of the girls in the crowd.

She shot me a glare but that didn’t fear me, what feared me was that I was caught and that if I didn’t get away soon I would be busted and who knows what would happen.

I was now on the ground and looked at Amber who still had her hand around my wrist and was smiling at me evilly.

I looked around me in haste, making sure Cameron wasn’t here yet.

With all my strength, I jerked my hand back and stood up.

I was surprised it worked but Amber had these long sharp nails and left a cut in my wrists.

It stung for a second but I just ignored it and darted out of the crowd before she could react.

I was now running down the hall to the exit door of the building, I didn’t mind skipping anymore.

Though someone behind me caught me, causing me to stop in my tracks. I struggled desperately, but he had his arms firmly around my waist, breathing heavily.

Is it Cameron!?

I froze when I thought about it.

I’m so dead.

With a pang, a familiar smell entered my nose and my body went back to life again.

It was Josh.

I glanced up to look at him and he was panting, while scrutinizing my face with a worried look.

Mitch! Snap out of it! Josh isn’t on our side anymore!

Realizing I was right I started to struggle again trying to get out of his grip.

"Mitch, calm down...” Josh said having his breathing normal again.

"Let me go!" I yelled annoyed while struggling.

I could feel myself panic again thinking about Cameron who could come any moment now.

Suddenly I could feel Josh being pulled away from me and later heard a loud thud.

I quickly turned around only to see someone’s broad back there almost protectively.

I took in the tight black shirt and knew it was Ryan who I had ditched back there.

I peered around Ryan to see Josh on the ground glaring at Ryan.

.... Did Ryan just throw Josh away from me?

Josh quickly stood up again. "I don’t know who you are but get away from her!" Josh said angrily.

He sounded like I was still his girlfriend... but wasn’t that a lie?

"Shut up punk, don’t touch her." Ryan growled back, his voice even more imposing than Josh’s. He tilted his chin up and stared down at him in scorn.

Josh ignored him, and focused on me with guilt still evident in his eyes.

He started to walk my way but Ryan moved his body in front of my vision again.

"Dude fuck off!" Josh yelled angry.

"Make me!" Ryan said back in a low deadly voice.

Oh no. Most of the time, this is what happens just before a fight starts. 

And as I was right. Josh leaned forward, as if he was about to pounce on Ryan. Warily, I took a few steps back as Ryan sensed what he was doing and ducked, his fist connecting with Josh’s stomach when he ran at him. He groaned, and fell awkwardly on his back but soon he was back on his feet. My eyes were as wide as a deer in headlights, and a chill of apprehension ran down my spine. Their movements were so fast that it was like a blur, and the only thing I could register was Josh crying out in pain most of the time, but staggering back onto his feet to take on more blows.

I couldn’t help but cringe at every sound they made. Josh aimed for Ryan’s head. He bent backwards, just as his knuckles flew past his nose. Josh attempted a low kick at his shins, but Ryan jumped up and kicked at his weaker left leg before he could comprehend what was happening. That was when Ryan got the upper hand and became more of the offender, making little effort to defend himself here and there, and forced Josh tumbled back.

Josh had received so many blows all over his body, whereas Ryan was barely scathed. The way he fought looked like he had years of experience and practice; and just like any perfect fighter, he was light on his feet, but impossibly strong and lean.

"Stop...” I croaked but they didn’t hear me. They just continued to attack each other in fury.

I looked around me in hope I could find something to stop them with.

I saw a bucket filled with water, don’t ask me why it was there but it just was and without thinking any further as I always do I snatched it, and emptied its contests all over them.

They immediately stopped and turned to glare at me, their clothes drenched with water and sticking to their skin.

"Stop it!" I shouted this time they did hear me and Ryan released Josh from a headlock.

Inevitably, they had attracted attention. Some students had been watching the scene and others were coming this way to see what all the commotion was about.

Geeze, don’t they have class?

At the end, Josh looked pretty bashed up. He had acquired a large, black eye; his nose was bleeding and his bottom lip was cut open, there was a huge bump on his forehead, and his hair was sticking out everywhere. The colours of black and blue was dotted all over his arms, and top it all off, he had shifted his entire weight on one leg and water dripped all along his body.

Ryan looked completely fine in comparison to Josh, apart from the fact that he was wet too.

"What the fuck happened here?" My eyes widened as I heard Cameron’s voice from somewhere.

I quickly looked around and found him next to Amber looking confused.

I started to take steps back slowly not wanting to get noticed.

Amber noticed me (bitch) and I saw her say something to Cameron that made him snap his eyes my way.

I could see his eyes lighten up and a small smirk came onto his face.

He started to walk this way, completely ignoring his friend just lying there writhing in agony, and I froze again. Soon as he was almost near me Ryan came out of nowhere and was standing in front of me again, shielding me off from him.

I blinked a few times in surprise, is he helping me?

"Aaahhh, you again...” I heard Cameron say in a bored tone.

Ryan stayed silence and I saw out of the corner of my eyes Josh limping towards Cameron.

See... he is on Cameron's side.

"Run...” I suddenly heard Ryan say quietly so that only I could hear it.

I looked at the back of his head and looked dumbfounded. Huh?

"Now!" He suddenly said louder.

I jumped and started to sprint to the exit door where I was planning to go to from the start.

The cold wind met my face as I pushed through the door.

I only took one step outside and suddenly someone grabbed my hand and started to drag me into a fast run out of the schools playground.

I looked at the large, lean but still wet body of Ryan.

I glanced behind me and saw Josh standing by the door of the school. I couldn’t see his expression because I was already far away from him, but I was sure it was still that same fake guilt in his eyes. Soon he was out of vision, as I turned around a corner.

We slowed down and started to get our breath again, actually I tried to since Ryan wasn’t even tired of running so much and fast.

I noticed we were at the park where I once was with Benjy; I spotted a bench and sat on it, closing my eyes.

Hallelujah! Why does it always have to end like this?!

I slapped myself on the cheek and my eyes snapped open automatically.

Since when was I in such drama again?

I heard Ryan bump next to me, I glanced at him.

His hair was wet and stuck on his face covering his eyes, only his shirt was actually wet, his jeans were still a little bit dry.

"Sorry about that." I said dryly.

He shook his head, "Good thing you stopped me or I would have lost control, and beaten the crap outta him." He said bluntly like it was no big deal.

I looked at him in shock and surprise.

Well I think he might be right since Josh already looked like he was on the verge of passing out.

I stared down at my lap. There was an awkward silence now so I broke it by saying thanks.

He shrugged in response.

Then another awkward silence ensued. 

I sighed, I should really change schools, but sadly that will cost money and there isn’t any other school close by...

Maybe I can quit school and go find a job and make money so that I can move away and live on my own... though it will be hard to find a job that pays good if you haven’t finished your school yet. Though, this is the first time it happened. The first time, someone actually stood up for me. 

"Let’s go get your dog." Ryan suddenly said breaking the silence.

I looked at him confused.

"You want to sit here the whole time then? We could go to my mom right now to get it over with." He said while standing up.

I stayed silent and obeyed his request or order or whatever it was.

We started walking to the direction of my house.

I told him that he could go to his house already to get changed into dry clothes and that I would come when I got Benjy but he asked if Josh or Cameron knew where I lived, and I told him that Josh knew so he said that he would stay.

Does that mean I have a bodyguard now?

"And you know." Ryan suddenly said after another silence.

"I’m only helping you because my mom told me to and if I didn’t she would kill me." He said in a bored and annoyed tone.

I chuckled, is it just me or was that an excuse?

He shot me a glare when he heard me chuckle and I stopped right away.

This dude still scared me for some reason, but I guess he also has his nice sides?

I could see my house coming in vision and I could feel myself wanting to run to it and hug Benjy.

Yeah I really love that dog!

I could hear some loud laughter and noticed a few guys leaning against a wall next to my house.

As we came closer I noticed the blonde guy from last time who was flirting with me in the alley.

So that means these guys were Ryan his friends.

The Blondie who was laughing the loudest noticed us first and came running this way like happy little dog that was glad to see his owner.

"Rain!" He yelled in excitement while opening his arms ready to give him a big hug.

I glanced at Rain A.K.A Ryan and I could see an irritated expression.

A yelp left my lips as I suddenly got attacked into a big hug.

My eyes widened as I noticed that the Blondie wasn’t planning on hugging Ryan but me!

WTF!

I shot a panicked look at Ryan.

"James." He said low and deadly. I could feel a small shiver going through my body and I could feel Blondie A.K.A James freeze.

He quickly released me and put his hands up in defense, showing he meant no harm.

"Chill man! I just though I’ll give your sister a welcome hug!" He said with a big grin on his face while sending a wink at me.

I looked at him stupidly. Sister?

"Is your head even working? She’s not my freaking sister." Ryan snapped at James annoyed.

The other three guys had joined us now and were standing next to James.

They looked kind of like scary guys who could rob you.

Though James didn’t fit in the picture, he looked like a lost innocent little boy.

Though, he wasn’t actually little, they were all freaking tall and I looked like the midget in contrast to them... Okay maybe I’m overreacting but that’s just how I felt.

"Go get your dog, I’ll wait here." Ryan suddenly said to me making me snap out of my thoughts.

I nodded my head slowly and made my way to the door of my house.

The alcohol entered my nose right away as I made my way in.

I hope mom isn’t home, she’s going to get angry knowing I skipped school again.

A grin crept onto my face again as I head my little baby barking this way.

I crouched, seeing the happy little dog running to me.

He leapt into my arms, and licked my face with his tail wagging happily. I planted a kiss on his head, chuckling at his excitement and put him back on the floor.

Not wanting to find out if my mum was still home or not I quickly took the leash and attached it to his collar, and took some dog cookies and then made my way outside again where I could hear laughter.

Benjy barked at the guys when he saw them and started to growl at them.

They all looked at him, as if to say WTF.

I chuckled, even if the guys were tall and looked dangerous he still wasn’t scared to protect me.

"Ben, it’s okay." I said as I bended over and stroked him lovingly.

In no time James was next to Benjy, stroking him too.

"I LOVE Doggies!" He chirped excitedly.

I smiled; this guy really didn’t fit in here.

I glanced at Ryan who was almost completely dry and this other dude with dark brown hair that was cut short and who looked the scariest. He whispered something in Ryan's ear and it kind of made me nervous and uncomfortable.

Ryan glanced at me and I quickly looked at Benjy again.

I could hear him sigh deeply.

"Michelle," A shiver went through me as I heard him say my name, wasn’t this like the first time he actually said my name? It sounds weird but... also not.

I turned to look at Ryan.

He had this annoyed bored expression on his face, I’m wondering if it is just his normal way of looking...

He pointed at the brown haired scary guy who just whispered something in his ear.

"This is Duncan," then he pointed at the other guy with curly hazel hair, "That’s Brett," and then at the other guy with chestnut hair that stopped lower than his shoulders, kind of long for a guy but he didn’t look horrible with it though. "That’s Joey, guys this is Michelle."

They all mumbled a ‘hi’ or ‘what’s sup’.

"Hey~! You forgot me~!" James said with a fake hurt expression.

"And that’s our stray cat James." Duncan said with a smirk on his face.

"I rather be a dog!" James said back angry and offended.

I glanced at Brett who was looking right back at me; he wiggled his eyebrows at me.

I quickly stared down again, not wanting to look at any of them to have a repeat of that.

Benjy growled again when James and Duncan were wrestling... or I assume it was that.

"Stop being freaking kids already." Ryan snapped at them.

Duncan gave James a strong push that caused him to stumble and fall to the ground.

My eyes widened, "Are you okay?" I asked James worried; I mean tall people who fall seems so much more painful than short people.

He flashed me a big smile and nodded his head.

Benjy ran to James and started to lick his face.

"Yeah maybe he is a stray dog." Duncan said while smirking.

That guy is really rough; he caught me looking at me and gave me a wink.

I glanced quickly the other way, why are these guys doing this to me? I’m not even that attractive! I’m actually ugly if you ask me, that’s why I never had a boyfriend in my life.

My mood fell slightly, when I thought about the word boyfriend.

I’m afraid I won’t have a boyfriend anymore, I’m not sure if I can trust people that much to let them be my boyfriend.

Whoa I sound like I could get a boyfriend easily.

I gasped and snapped my head to the person who just poked my upper arm, I hate it when people touch me, makes me uncomfortable and nervous.

I looked at Ryan as he was the one who poked me.

"Let’s go." He said dryly.

I nodded, glancing at Benjy who was playing with James.

"Benjy, let’s go." With no more looking back at James Benjy started to run to me.

I snickered when I saw James, his face turning sulky and sullen at the realization that he had just been ditched.

I turned around ready to walk away as I heard James yell wait.

Then, I turned around again to face the tall blonde guy who was looking like he was a 6 year old who had just dropped his ice cream.

"No goodbye hug?" He whined, faking hurt.

I couldn’t help but grin at his childish acts, though I wasn’t going to hug him, I don’t even know him that well, my hugs aren’t free.

"She doesn’t want to be harassed by an ugly little kid like you so fuck off." Ryan sneered at him clearly irritated.

I’m wondering if these two really are friends.

"Awe!! Don’t say that Rain~! Now she thinks I’m a pedo!" James started to whine.

"Let’s just go." Ryan said turning around again and walked away.

I glanced behind me again and gave them a small wave of goodbye.

James face lightened up right away and he waved back over dramatically, the other guys only lifted their hands. Guessing too cool to wave like a normal person, huh?

"I LOVE YOU!" I heard James yell.

I could feel a blush coming but hell no, I was going to turn around. I just walked further, acting as if I didn’t know him at all.

~~♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥~~

VOTE! ~<3

COMMENT! ~<3 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

149K 5.2K 20
HIS Book Series #4: Don't have to read books in order!! :) Victoria is a 27 year old curvy girl who is more of a homebody than her best friend and ro...
1.2K 312 22
Problems of a teenage girl become far worse than zits or a perfect appearance when she experiences a tragic event at a very young age, which scars he...
280K 9.9K 31
Ally Heinz has just turned eighteen and has finally moved out from her parents' house and recently moved in with her brother. She doesn't have a job...
4.4M 100K 49
Dakota is just like every other 17 year old high school senior. Or that's what everyone thinks. Everyone sees Dakota as this funny, sarcastic, and...