Oh Look, Vampires Are Real (E...

By niteangels666

Finlay Roland is a 21 year old freak, well that's what she's always been called. She's not a freak-freak as s... More

Authors Note
New Beginnings.
We Are Going To Be The Best Of Friends
Does That Make Me A Freak?
I Think My Inner Voice Just Fainted
The More The Merrier
Waiting For You To Drop Dead
Chivalry Isn't Dead After All
I'm Not Niklaus Or Kol For That Matter
His Sleeping Beauty
Your Virtue Is Still Intact
Bacon Or Pancakes
Bite Me Sir
You Are So Old School Elijah
I Believe The Term You're Searching For Is OMG
Playing Tonsil Hockey
Maybe I Would Google It Later
I Swear Aliens Had Landed
Quoting Shakespeare
One Last Kiss
I Couldn't Protect Her
If I Sparkled I Would Have To Kill Myself
I Felt Like I Was In One Of Those Cheesy Romantic Films
You Know, Stalking Is Frowned Upon Nik
Crusty Potato Just Isn't The In Thing Anymore
Come On Romeo
Only You Can Make The Words Potato & Produce Sound Good
You Know This Means War
Who Are You & What Have You Done With My Niklaus?
It's Time
She Loved You Even In Her Final Moments
Stop The World, I Want To Get Off
That's My Signature Outfit
My House My Rules
I Could Paint Elizabeth Forever
You Don't Have To Vamp-out
I Could Never Hurt You - Ever
I Think I Created A Monster
No Secrets No Lies
Farewell Grandma
There's Nowhere I'd Rather Be
Oh Look, Vampires Are Real
Authors Note
Voting
2017 TVD Fanfic Awards
Please A Very Important A/N
Another Important message!
Award Winner!!!!

Who Sprinkled Glitter & Rainbows In Your Coffee This Morning?

2.5K 60 23
By niteangels666

*Finlay's POV*

                           After Elijah left, I decided that a hot shower would take off all of the now hardened food from my hair & try to washing the cold that had engulfed me as soon as I walked into my grandmother's house. The shower did in fact clean my hair & body but taking the coldness away was impossible. It was one of those coldness's that was more internal than external. I thought that perhaps by the time I was finished Rebekah would be home, but I was wrong. I thought the quickest way to make tomorrow come was to sleep the time away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

                             My eyes fluttered open & it was daylight so I must have had an unbroken sleep for the first time in the past few days. I knew I had been having nightmares but when I tried to remember them, I was just left foggy & confused, but I knew it was the exact same dream every night.

"Morning Fin," Rebekah chirped.

"Who sprinkled glitter & rainbows in your coffee this morning?" I was in more of a grumpier mood than I thought I would be.

"Wow, gee did the sandman shake sass over you during the night?" she replied staring at me.

I dragged myself out of bed & went to hug her, "I'm sorry Bekah. Those stupid dreams every night are driving me insane."

She stiffened for a second but I could've be wrong, "you still having that same dream?"

"Yeah & it's driving me nuts. I want to remember then maybe I won't have it again," I turned around & headed for the bathroom.

Once I was ready we both headed to the cafeteria for breakfast before class.

Clark was already sitting at our table eating his first meal of the day, "morning baby."

Rebekah bent over & kissed him, "good morning."

I stopped dead in my tracks, "oh my god seriously & you didn't tell me."

"Well Princess Aurora, you were sleeping peacefully when I got in last night & I didn't want to wake you. But you know now, so surprise," Rebekah sat at the table next to Clark as they held hands.

"Ok then Maleficent. Yay you two!" I laughed sitting down.

The three of us separated going off to our lectures.

                           The day went quicker & I was in a better mood by the end of it. Clark said he would drop his bag off at his dorm & be back to help taking stuff down to Rebekah's car.

"Elijah should be here shortly. He'll take your stuff because I can't fit anymore in mine. I forgot how much I actually had," she threw her arms around Clark's neck.

                            I was glad that these two got together. They would make the cutest couple on campus. We stood there talking for a while longer.

"Elijah, you're here," Rebekah looked toward the door.

"Afternoon ladies," he came into the room straight toward me, lifting my hand & kissing it.

"Clark, this is my eldest brother & Finlay's boyfriend Elijah. Elijah, this is my boyfriend Clark," Rebekah introduced the two males.

"It's nice to meet you," Clark did the honourable thing, offering his hand to his new girlfriend's brother.

"It's finally nice to meet the man who has stolen my sister's heart," Elijah returned the gesture.

                            The two males grabbed the bigger items while Rebekah & I took the smaller bags & boxes down to Elijah's car. Rebekah told us that she wanted to hang with Clark a little while longer & would catch up later. The two them waved goodbye as we left in Elijah's car.

"How are you feeling today?" he questioned.

"Nervous, excited, scared," I suddenly couldn't even look at him.

"That's to be expected my dear. This is a huge step for everyone. I too am also all that you've said," he surprised me with that answer.

I had to see if he was joking or not, "ok I can belief the excited bit, but what have you got to be nervous for or scared about?"

He took his eyes off the road & glanced at me, "I'm nervous that my choices for your bedroom won't be up to your standard & I haven't been playing close enough attention of things you like. I'm scared because I'm afraid that once you live with me I won't be the man that you have painted me to be."

"I'm a simple girl Elijah; it doesn't take much for me to love anything you have chosen for me because I know it has come from the heart. With how I've painted you in my heart will never falter or change no matter what the circumstances. I love the way you put me up on a pedestal, how old fashioned you are, the way you enjoy simple pleasures in life & are the most honourable man I have ever had the chance of meeting. I love you for you & nothing will ever make me see differently," I held his hand wondering if I had showed my full devotion for him too early in the relationship.

                           He pulled up in his allocated spot out the front of the house & went around the car to open the door for me. He offered his hand to me as we strolled to the door. He inserted the key, unlocking it & pushing the door open.

I took a step forward but Elijah tugged my hand so I went flying back into his awaiting arms, he cradled me off the ground, "I want to do this correctly."

"Hang on there big fella, I thought that this was only done after a wedding had taken place?" I wasn't exactly sure what had just happen.

"I thought I'd give it another meaning & spice things up a bit," he continued to carry me up & stood before the room that I now knew to be my new bedroom.

He freed an arm, opening the door & carefully placing me down on my feet, "this is just for you. I really do hope you like it."

                         It was like something out a romantic movie. I knew my eyes were bulging out & my mouth was catching flies but I couldn't help it. It was amazing & perfect. All these emotions flooded my body. He did this all just for me & it was everything that you could ever want in a bedroom. I needed to show him how much I treasured everything that he has done for me from day one. I spun around, launched myself into his arms & connected my lips with his. The kiss should demonstrate what I couldn't say at that very moment. His answering kiss was just as sweet.

"Elijah, I'm speechless. No one's ever showered me with such extravagance before," I broke the intimate moment.

"Well Niklaus helped with most of it but I'm hoping he won't receive the same punishment as you just gave me," he spoke as my eyes tried to take in everything.

"You have nothing to fear there. I will express my gratitude to him but with a little less enthusiasm," I had to take a closer look at everything.

                         The gigantic four poster bed was dressed with burgundy coloured sheets, a golden comforter cover & at least half dozen matching cushions. The incredible intricate hand-carved posts were framed with burgundy drapes which matched the window curtains. The cheval mirror that sat over next to the walk-in wardrobe had the exact same carvings as the bed posts. The bed sides & dresser also matched with their gold handles. At the foot of the bed sat a chaise lounge where the legs also had a similar handcrafted design alike the bed posts. Off to the opposite side to the mirror was a stunning roll down top desk with identical chair. Then my eyes came to rest on a pair of picturesque bookshelves that were positioned on either side of a deep set window that was made up into a reading nook. This made me smile like all my prayers had been answered. All the furniture was a golden red mahogany & I knew had cost a pretty penny.

"Thank you Elijah. I would never have expected this, it's amazing & I love it," I had to embrace him again.

"You're more than welcome. I want to give you the world & I will make it my challenge to do just that," he tightened his hold around me but I had never felt as safe as I did with him.

                       We held each other a little longer & soon he excused himself to go retrieve all my stuff from his car. I stood in the middle of the room – my room, I couldn't get over the fact that this is where I would be now living. I hadn't actually noticed before but there were beautiful roses scattered around the room in gorgeous crystal vases, each holding a dozen roses of three different colours – red, lavender & orange. I went over to smell them & each colour had a different scent. Elijah returned and arms were full of at least one load.

"The roses are beautiful. Thank you again Lijah," I took some things from his arms.

"They aren't as beautiful as you though," he carefully placed the other items on the bed & left the room again.

                        I would look up the meanings of them later, as I knew red was for love, but everyone knew that. But the other colours stumped me. After another two trips, Elijah had bought the last of it up.

"I will leave you to get more settled in. I have dinner to arrange," he came & kissed me before leaving.

                        I wanted to do this quickly so I could spend some time with him & help cook dinner. I unpacked the clothes I had to discover that in this wardrobe I hardly had anything. I put my laptop on the desk with my bag sitting just beside it. I put my music CD's on a shelf in the desk & what books I had in the bookshelf, which sadly only filled one shelf. Very pitiful indeed. I set my portable stereo on the dresser next to one of the vases.

                        I took a quick moment to do research on these roses. I quickly opened up a tab on Google typing in 'rose colour meanings'. I was taken aback from the meanings.

                        It read as this 'Red Roses convey deep emotions - be it love, longing or desire. Red Roses can also be used to convey respect, admiration or devotion. The number of roses has special romantic meanings associated with them. 12 red roses is the most popular of all which conveys "Be mine" & "I love you". Orange Roses can be used to express intense desire, pride & fervour. They also convey a sense of fascination. These flowers rival only the red roses as messengers of passion in romance. Lastly the Lavender Rose like its colour conveys enchantment. It also expresses "love at first sight". These roses are used to express fascination & adoration'.

                       Wow, now that I knew the meanings I was more aware of Elijah's feelings for me. The lavender meaning was the one that took me most by surprise – love at first sight. I wonder if that's the meaning he was going for? I quickly shut the laptop & ran downstairs. Elijah was just setting the table with three places & not four as I thought it should be.

"Who's not joining us?" I asked as I went over to see which culinary delight he had prepared for tonight.

"Niklaus, he has other matters that he's attending to. He may be missing from the house for the next couple of nights," Elijah handed me some cutlery to set at the table.

"Whatever you're cooking smells divine," I finished setting the table & went to wrap my arms around his waist.

Rebekah joined us, "can you two please not do that near the food if you expect me to eat it?"

I didn't even hear her come in the house, "how long have you been home for?"

"You were in your room & I didn't want to disturb you. By the way I'll be having dinner with Clark tomorrow night & don't wait up," she wiggled her eyebrows.

"I thought the date was on Friday night," I rolled my eyes at her.

"It is but he told me that he would cook me a meal back at his dorm. I need to see if the man can cook," she sat down at the table.

"Now go sit & I'll serve up," Elijah kissed my forehead.

He dished up & placed a plate in front of the two of us then returned back with his own meal, "bon appétit."

"You haven't made Chicken Cabonara in years," Rebekah tucked in to her meal instantaneously.

"I have people to cook for now," he smiled at me.

                          It was restaurant quality tasting. I was glad that he could cook because unfortunately I lucked out in that department. Maybe he could teach me? I would ask him later.

                         After I finished I got up & took the emptied plates from in front of the other two. I began to wash them up.

"What are you doing?" Elijah questioned me.

"I have to earn my keep some way," I paid no attention to him.

"I can think of many ways & that isn't one of them," he laughed & went into the lounge room.

I just shook my head & continued.

"You really know how to bring out the sass in my brother. It's nice to see him not so serious all the time," Rebekah wiped over the plates & put them away.

"All part of my allure & charm," I flicked soapy water at her.

She laughed, "Oh no you didn't!"

"Oh yes I did," flicking some more at her.

                         She stalked toward me, mischief clearly in her eyes. Before I knew it she had picked up an already washed up glass, filling it with the soapy dish water & threw it at me. I yelped & needed to retaliate. A small bowl was just off to my left, so I did what she had. There were screams & giggles filling the once almost silent kitchen.

"Do you two need a time out?" Elijah stood in the doorway, shaking his head but a smile had foiled his plan on looking cranky.

                          Rebekah & I had stopped to look at him. We both turned to look at each other & nodded. Both of us having the same idea. Elijah had made the mistake of entering the kitchen to assess the mess only to be showered in soapy dish water from the weapons that we two girls had in our hands.

He stared down at his normally immaculate suit then to us, "you know this means war."

"Oh no," Rebekah placed the glass down on the bench & ran from the room.

He had cornered me & had the glass that Rebekah abandoned, filled with the dish water and raised it, "you know, your actions have serious consequences Finlay."

I looked up into his deep brown eyes that hinted playfulness, "Elijah, I beg for mercy."

His smile widen, "I think it's a bit too late for that."

                           With that he poured the glass contents onto my head & I went to run to try to get away from getting soaked further but he grabbed me around the waist holding me against him. His chest shook from laughter as I screamed & laughed.

"You are a cruel man," I tried speaking inbetween fits of laughter.

                           In the next minute he threw me up over his shoulder & raced me upstairs to my ensuite dumping me into the bathtub. I was still squealing as he put me down. I guess I would have to have a bath now & get out of these clothes. I caught Elijah staring at me & I looked down to find my shirt was transparent. Thank god for bras I say. I could see the lust in his eyes as they met mine. He presented his hand to help me to step out of the tub. I accepted & carefully stepped out. Again he tugged me against him, holding my wet body to his. Those warm fuzzies were present, as they had been several times before when we were in close proximity of each other. I knew Elijah could feel it too as he looked lovingly into my eyes & moved in closer, I could feel his breath against my neck.

"I think I better go & allow you to have a bath before I do something that I may regret," he whispered as he kissed my neck.

By this stage I was breathless, "ok."

                           I really wanted him to stay, damn I wanted him, full stop, but maybe he was right. Was I ready to go to the next step with him? I wanted to believe so but the 'never take chances' side of me was winning once again.

With much unwillingness he pulled away but still was close, "we will know when the time is right."

"The thing I love about you the most is the way you know exactly the right things to say," I shied my face away & started to run a bath, putting some jasmine-scented bubble bath in.

                           Elijah still stood there & watched the bubbles rise. There was a heat that burned from inside me & I knew I needed release, even though I was far from experienced in that department. I wanted to experience the intimacy between man & woman. I went to invite Elijah to join me but I closed my mouth as the voice of unreasoning screamed at me. I had encountered so many firsts with the Mikaelsons' that I wondered why I had never experienced them earlier. I know this would be in a different class altogether.

My mind finally come across loud & clear making me stop from wanting that moment of intimacy with Elijah right then & there, 'you know once he sees your scars, he will no longer see you as who he has painted you to be'.

                            My inner voice had managed to steal & twist the beautiful words of Elijah. I felt my shoulders drop in defeat, my self-conscious had won out again for the millionth time throughout my life.

I heard the water turn off & Elijah stood behind me, "Your bath is awaiting you. I know your body is ready but your mind is not & I will wait forever for it to be."

"Thank you," was all that I could process as I felt emotionally drained from my internal debate.

                            He kissed my shoulder & left the room, shutting my bedroom door behind him. I grabbed the razor from the cabinet to shave my legs & placed it where I could reach it. I suddenly felt numb without the presence of Elijah there with me. I stripped off the clothes that still clung to my body & threw them into the hamper that sat beside the door. I didn't seem to feel that the water was too hot for my skin & just sunk myself in. I wanted to relax & enjoy what I had been given, but my cruel tormenting mind had other ideas.

'You know that sooner or later he will get sick of waiting & he'll either take it from you by force or dump your ass. Who's going to want you then? You're damaged goods. Nobody wants that now do they?'  my mind taunted me with something I had not thought about in a small while.

                          Tears spilt over as I pictured the man I had fallen for deeply, walk away from me with the look of disgust on his picture perfect face. Sobs took over, making my body shake. I just wanted the pain of everything in my past & what I was feeling now to go away. I eyed the razor knowing that since I was already broken, a few more would make no difference.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 24.9K 39
Sarafina was a normal high school student, she had great friends and a loving family. But what happens when the monsters in stories come to life? Vam...
66.8K 1.3K 23
After the twenty-one year old Arianna (Aria) Claire faced loss, monsters and her own death, how will she cope with her new bloodthirsty demons who t...
230K 7.1K 38
Despite knowing what she was in for, she made a choice to help the Crescent Wolf Pack, believing that it could bring the prosperity and peace they'd...
209K 6.1K 58
Ranked #23 in #klausmikaelson stories ☺️ *** "Did I make the great Klaus Mikaelson care for someone like me?" *** in which Rebekah returns to take ca...