Remember Me

By partygirl121

More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Remember Me

307 5 1
By partygirl121

"Mom Jamie stole my binoculars to look at the girls next door", Alex called.

"James stop looking and give your brother his binoculars back", I called loudly.

"But mom", he complained.

"You heard me mister", I said louder. He knew better than to complain anymore when I used that tone.

"Fine", he sighed then added, "tattletale".

"I heard that both of you in here it's the first day of school you need to eat breakfast", I said while I made lunches.

"Do we have Special K", Alex asked running in. He was so adorable I wish they didn’t have t grow up so fast. I couldn’t imagine growing up without being able to see your reflection then again I was a girl.

"Nerd", James coughed.

"Oh James it's your turn to unload the dishwasher", I said with a polite smile. Alex smiled and he was practically skipping over to the cereal cabinet. He should know better than to try and rub it in.

"And you're going to help him", I said leaning against the island.

I dropped them off at school kissing them both on the cheek. They were nine right now both geniuses at their own craft. Alexander was smart and got great grades in school while James got poor grades but had a hell of an imagination. James had light brown hair like mine and deep brown eyes like his father while Alex had light brown hair and my smoky blue eyes. Any dummy would know they were mine especially since I was at every meeting and at most of their activities. I went to work at the local Wal-mart and immersed myself in putting price tags on and helping customers. I was going down one of the back aisles when I ran into someone.

"Excuse me miss can you pop a vein", the man said spinning a strand of my hair.

"Boy that one’s getting old who are you?" I laughed.

"I know your boyfriend he killed my boss", he hissed.

"You know who?" I said raising an eyebrow, "I don't have a boyfriend".

"Oliver Tanner I know you know him", he said seriously. I felt like he’d staked me already hearing his name was like drinking poison.

"I have no idea what you're talking about but I suggest you get out of this town", I said seriously.

"Are you going to make me?" he said touching my butt.

"Okay lesson one", I said twisting his wrist back and bent it behind his back, "never touch your assailant in that spit unless you have a death wish".

"You're human", he said confused. Oh he was a newbie that was almost sweet but he was still a problem.

"How long have you been looking for me?" I said with a laugh.

"Nine and a half years", the man said as I pulled his fingers back painfully.

"Well no wonder you have the wrong information I'm no longer involved with either brother and oh yeah I'm a vampire", I said pulling his wrist out painfully.

"How?" he said confused.

"Well mister that's none of your business night, night", I laughed then stabbed him in the heart. I hid his body out in the back alley where no human could reach and lit him up with my lighter. This hadn't been the first time I'd been attack nor would it likely be the last. None of these guys had enough guts to face Luke or Oliver head on so they tried attacking me but they always failed. It still hurt though hearing Oliver's name after all these years he was still all I could think about. Last month I was caught out my guard when one attacked while I walking with the boys. That night I had told them everything from start to finish. They had believed it especially after seeing it and their fangs were further proof. Now we all had an understanding and life was good well as good as it could be under the circumstances. I meet the kids at home and found a letter in the mail box from Houston.

Dear S,

I'm sorry I took so long to write life is great here Oliver and I are engaged and Sage is getting bigger and more beautiful everyday. I miss you and I hope your boys and you are I'm good health. Thank you Sam without you I never would have found my happy ending good luck and write me back please.

                              Josie.

I looked it over again and again concentrating on the second line specifically.

"Mom what's wrong did you get audited or something why are you crying?" James asked anxiously.

"Huh no sorry it was from an old friend hey look your grandma sent your birthday cards early", I said changing the subject.

"Alright", they both said grabbing them and running off to open them. We lived in Brooklyn now it was my tenth home but only their seventh. I liked it here I mean it was no Houston not but it was nice and usually quiet. I had taken martial arts and ballet classes to improve my balance and fighting skills two things that came in handy when I was fighting. I was making a living and doing work where I lifted heavy objects practice for handling vampires and I was reasonably happy. I couldn't believe Oliver and Josie were engaged though it was shocking but I should have seen it coming. I put the letter down on my desk and started a reply.

Hey girl,

I miss you too Alex and Jamie are nine now and the scary thing is they're as tall as me how's is everyone? I wish I could see you if you get the chance send me a wedding invite but don't bother telling Oliver. Good luck and my best wishes for both of you and send Sage my love!

                                SH

I sent it that day and then went back to raising James and Alex forgetting it. School had them both in good mood in fact one day I came home and James actually had done the dishes without being asked it was a miracle. Alex had a lot of friends that came over all the time for dinner and sleepovers and James's friends came over a lot too. They had fights and stuff but nothing major and we dealt. There were next to no attacks and I was beginning to love Brooklyn it was peaceful and uncomplicated it was the perfect place for me. I could freely walking the streets drinking having reckless fun but I was responsible for my boys so I was careful and I waited until they were asleep. The guy always left early and I had time to sober up before the boys woke up. I still missed my friends and Oliver like crazy but I could deal I had to. I checked my email like I always did once a week. It had been over a year now and the boys were ten now in fact today was their birthday. I saw an email from unknown and it was not exact what I was expecting.

Hey S,

Guess what I'm tying the knot at last I begged Oliver and he agreed stubborn ass. It's on the 27th bring the twins I really want to meet them I hope you come. The others might not be too friendly though so watch out see ya.

                                Josie.

This was followed by an official looking invitation and I printed it out.

"What's that?" James said grabbing it.

"An old friend is getting married hey you guys want to see where I grew up", I said uncertainly.

"Yeah", they both said excitedly. We ate the cake then cleaned up and got packed. It was the 17th today so we had ten days to get there. The next morning I promised the boys they could open presents in the car on the way there. We played music and they watched movies on the portable DVD player while I drove. We stopped at midnight and stayed in a hotel then started up again in the morning. It took us a week to get to my hometown and we stayed with my mom that night and the boys finally opened their presents. My mom loved them and we got along well enough. The next morning we drove to Houston and I drove to the cafe where Josephine told me to meet her.

Comment

Read

Vote

Fan

Please!!!!!!!!!!

Part two of the Bleeding Diamond series. What happens when your prince charming falls for someone else? What do you do with your life? Can you ever love again? This is Sam's story.

Continue Reading