Memory (Harry Styles)

By bookwormDS

He was almost at the end of the hill about to turn onto the sidewalk when time stood still. The loud screechi... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 (Bonus Chapter)
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 11

866 25 3
By bookwormDS

"Absolutely not, you're not wearing that." Harry vetoes the black baggy t-shirt and denim overalls that I pull out of my closet.

"Excuse me, but I don't think you really have a say in what I wear," I counter.

"We came here because your mom wanted you to change the ugly clothes your wearing into something more decent, not something uglier." Uglier? He's rude.

"These aren't ugly."

"Yes they are. Why are you even bothering looking for something to wear in your closet? We both know you have nothing in there that is decent. Just grab something from Allie's or El's, I'm sure they won't mind." Wow, he's really rude.

"Fine." There's no point in trying to prove to him that I have some decent clothes in my closet, it'll take too long. I shuffle through Allie's clothes.

I'm really surprised that her and Eleanor aren't in here. Well actually, I'm pleasantly surprised they aren't. They would be asking too many questions that I can neither deal with nor answer right now. I'm pretty sure they were here earlier though. There's a new set of books on Allie's desk. They probably went to pick up Allie's books for school, dropped it off here, then went out with Louis and Liam again or something.

After a lot of sifting through, I manage to find something that I would be comfortable wearing. I take out a pair of dark blue jeans and a grey crew neck light sweater.

"It's boiling outside! You're not in Toronto anymore. You can't just wear a sweater in the summer here." He walks over to the closet and pulls out a pair of black high-waisted shorts and a light minty blue cropped tank top. Is he serious? I stifle a laugh as he tries to hand me the outfit.

"I'm not wearing that."

"Why not? All the other girls here wear stuff like this," he says.

"Because I'm not a skank and I don't wear shorts."

"You should, you need some sun on those ghost legs of yours," he laughs and I sneer at him. "Fine then, just wear the top."

"That top is still skanky. If you make me wear it, I'm not going with you," I say matter-of-factly. Why is he giving me fashion advice anyways?

"Ugh your so difficult. Here then, just wear this." He grabs a loose pink chiffon short-sleeved button-up off the rack. The colour is a little too bright for my taste, but I guess it's better than the other top he picked. I take it from him and walk over to my bed. He stand there watching me.

"Well," I gesture towards the door, but he just continues to stare at me, not understanding what I' saying. "leave," I say clearly.

"Why? You were gonna change in front of me before." He smirks.

"That's because I forgot you were in the room."

"Sure you did," he says as I push him out the door. Once it's closed, and locked, I change quickly and we head over to registration to get my books.

"Your total is $197.27," the middle-aged balding lady states as she hands me my four school textbooks. My jaw nearly drops to the floor. It's four freaking books! Four books that I will have to return at the end of the semester anyways, and I don't get a refund when I do. I knew college was expensive, but this is just ridiculous. I'm still standing there shell-shocked when Harry interrupts.

"Hi.." He looks at her name tag. "..Agnes. I was wondering if your supervisor, John, is around? Could you maybe ask him to process her purchase?" He flashes her his prize winning smile. She blushes slightly.

"I'll go get him." She hurries off to the back.

"What are you doing? Your not paying for my books!" I snap. What's up with him always trying to use his money on me?

"Relax, I'm not going to. I know you would just fight with me over it again. I got this, I know the supervisor." That's true. I would probably declare war on him if he ended up paying for my books.

A tall white-haired man in a suit appears behind the desk. "Harry my boy! It's good to see you again! What can I help you with?" he booms. I guess Harry wasn't lying. He seems to know this guy really well.

"Likewise John! Well, my friend here is picking up her books for the semester, but she's a little short on money at the moment. I was wondering if you could give her the discount as well." Discount? Harry gets a discount on his books? How? Isn't he like rich? Why does he get a discount?

"Oh, I don't know.." He scratches the back of his neck. ".. the discount is only supposed to be fore the immediate family of the staff." Staff? Harry's an immediate family member of one of the staff here? I thought his parents worked in business?

"Oh come on John. Can't you just put the purchase under my name for her? It's her first year here and she's all the way from Toronto."

"Well, I guess since it's you, I can look the other way just this once," he says hesitantly.

"Thanks, John. I'll tell my father you send your regards," Harry tells him and the hesitation wipes off John's face.

"Thank you." He clicks a few buttons on the computer. "So your new total is $97.09." Wow, Harry is good! I pay the man happily and we leave the building with a bag full of books.

"How did you do that?" I ask him in awe once we're outside.

"He knows my dad. Plus, I usually get discounts for my school stuff because of him, so I just asked if they could do it for you too."

"Yeah but how do you get discounts? They said it's only for the family of the staff. You said your dad is in business."

"He is. He is also a major contributor to the school and is one of the head chairmen." Woah.

"Oh, I see." I mumble as we walk. He's more connected than I thought.

"So let's start the tour shall we?" He smiles and I follow him around campus. I will admit, he does make a pretty good tour guide. He explained everything to me in as much detail as he could and even introduced me to a couple of teachers on campus.

"Finally, this is Murphy's Sculpture Garden, he says as he gestures to the large beautiful walkways filled with art pieces, shrubbery, flowers and trees. The sight amazes me. I can't believe how absolutely wonderful it looks. And it's right in the middle of the the film and arts buildings! So my eyes will be able to behold this sight practically everyday! College life is good.

"It's so..wow." Is all I could manage to say as my eyes scan the extraordinary scene.

He chuckles. "Well, that's why I saved the best for last. To see your priceless reaction. It was worth it." We start to walk through the garden paths.

"I'm gonna get a coffee, you want one?" he says as we pass by a coffee cart.

"Sure, I'll just wait here," I tell him as he heads over to get our drinks. At least he didn't make me his waitress this time. I lean against a small cherry blossom tree and wait for him.

-Harry's POV-

After I finish paying for our double-double coffees, I turn around and see her leaning against a tree. In this moment, she kinda looks like a model. The way the wind blows her dark brown hair around her shoulders, the way her body leans and curves to fit mould of the tree and how her legs seem to look so long and elegant from this angle. Her nerd glasses kinda ruin it, but the rest of her looks sort of, stunning. I walk over, my eyes locked on her.

"Here you go." I pass one of the cups to her and lean my arm on one of the branches of the tree, standing in front of her.

"Thanks." She gives me a warm smile and takes a sip. Something brightens inside of me.

"So, how great was my tour? No need to thank me or anything," I say proudly.

"It was, okay," she shrugs. "And okay, I won't thank you then." She gives me her teasing smile.

"Okay? Just okay? I think it was pretty darn fantastic! And it's okay, I know you love me for it anyways." I smirk.

"Yeah, okay." Did she just agree to loving me? I didn't sense any sarcasm when she said it. Maybe she forgot to add the sarcasm in her voice when she said it? She seems to notice her mistake as she looks at me with a worried expression as she tries to decipher my reaction. I'm a little shocked at her reply but I try my best to keep a straight face.

Her eyes meet mine and the feeling I felt earlier in her room comes back.

The feeling I felt just after I creamed her in our pillow fight and I was hovering over her body of her bed. It was such a weird feeling. I don't think I've every felt it before today. It's like time was slowing down but my heart beat quickened and I had a weird tingly feeling on the tips of my fingers. The feeling made me feel like kissing her, hard. It made me feel like wrapping my arms around her and crushing myself against her body. The feeling is the same now. Just like before, I can't contain it. I need to kiss her.

I lean in slowly, trying not to scare her off. She doesn't seem to be as she continues to stare into my eyes. She leans in a bit also and in this moment, I can tell that we both want the same thing. I lean in a bit further, getting closer and closer to her lips.

"Bree?" a voice calls over, causing us to snap out of the feeling. She cocks her head to the side to find the owner of the voice. Her eyes widen and I turn around.

"Oh, hey Zayn," she says just as my eyes land on him.

What the fuck is he doing here?! The immense anger surfaces the moment I register his face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 57.7K 104
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
152K 5.4K 42
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
570K 8.7K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
69.4K 1.6K 31
!Uploads daily! Max starts his first year at college. Everything goes well for him and his friends PJ and Bobby until he meets Bradley Uppercrust the...