Someone's Forever

Od NeelamMenghani

*Long Listed for Wattys 2018* E-Awards 2017 Winner *Best Hooked Story * *COMPLETED* Life, love, hate and b... Více

Someone's Forever
Prologue
1. Goodbye Normal, Hello Miracle
2. Let The Mystery Begins
3. Past, Present and Future
5. Questions, Confusions and Amusements
6. Test of Patience
7. Deal that sealed Our Destiny
8. Consequences of Negligence
9. A Night of Dilemma
10. Faith and Myth
11. Enlightening Darkness
12. Breeze of Change
13. His Pain, His Relief
14. Old Pain, New Wounds
15. Shock One After the Other
16. Morning Mayhem
17. Stepping in the Arena
18. Calling out the Soul
19. Chaotic Afternoon
20. Just a Glimpse
21. An Evening Maze
22. A Little Further
23. A Spark in the Dark
24. And He Found Her
25. Conflicting Deception
26. Do Not Speak
27. Ancient Legends
28. Arrival of the Grey Sky
29. Closer to Appraisal
30. Meeting Mr. Mycroft
31. To Save the King
32. Check'Mate'
33. Defiance in Acceptance
34. Losing Her Chance
35. A Call from 'Treasure of Heart'
36. A Walk Unexpected
37. A Meet to Remember
38. Curve of Guidance
39. Conceptual Claws
40. Instinctive Step
41. Healing Wound
42. Webbing Deep
43. Reiterating History
44. Turned Table
45. Expectations Unexpected
46. You are Not Alone
47. Assurance from Guardian
48. Reaching the Surface
49. 'V' for A V
50. Lost and Found
51. 'Queen of Hearts'
52. Marvelous Majestic Meet
53. Old Rust but Gold
54. The Will of Time
55. Two Purposes, One Arrow
56. Apart from You
57. Mystery and Miracle
58. A Celebration so Special
59. Hide and Steal
60. You and Us
61. The Night Falls
62. Trust is Essential
63. Tussle to Throne
64. A Word with Divergent
The Slave
65. Your Answer awaits You
66. Privilege of Acceptance
67. Two Names in One Breath
68. Fire: A Lethal Game
69. Peace and Storm
70. Sweat in Smirk
71. The Mate Bond
72. Shield Defends, Sword Attacks
73. Heard Unsaid
74. Rational Rage
75. BitterSweet Sky
76. Defeated Victory
77. Knows More than Told
78. Desperate Diversion
79. Fragile Trust
80. Gust of Rush
81. Howling Heart, Quiet Eyes
82. Damsel in Despair
83.1 Dark of Light: Alicia
83.2 The Rising Dawn: Alicia
83.3 Balance of Nature: Alicia
84.1 The Preface of Pain
84.2 This Finally Concludes
85.1 Sparks & Pains
85.2 Is Pain an end?
86.1 Always Behind of You
86.2 Behind the Maze
87.1 Sealed Secret
87.2 A Fate Sealed
88. The Rise of New Dawn
89. Closer and Far Away
Whispers of Forever
Someone's Forever
Sacrifices of Sapphire

4. A Vow to Protect

13.3K 622 107
Od NeelamMenghani

The worst part of holding the memories is not the pain. It's the loneliness of it. Memories need to be shared.

—Lois Lowry

***

Henry Cavill as Gideon Royce Valentine

Gideon's POV

  Loneliness is never more cruel than when it is felt in close propinquity with someone who has ceased to communicate.  

I climb out of bed and find some newly laundered sweats in my walk-in closet. Outside, a leaden sky promises rain, and I'm not in the mood to be rained on during my run today. I head upstairs to my gym, switch on the TV for the morning business news, and step onto the treadmill.

My thoughts stray to the day. I've nothing but meetings, We have to go Vostok – Antarctica at evening. The council meet is going to organize there.

I stop the treadmill, breathless, and head down to the shower to start another monotonous day.

As I stare out the window at the skyline, the familiar ennui seeps unwelcome into my consciousness. My mood is as flat and gray as the weather. My days are blending together with no distinction, and I need some kind of diversion. I've worked all weekend, and now, in the continued confines of my home, I'm restless.

I frown. The sobering truth is that the only thing to capture my interest recently has been my decision to send seven freighters of cargo to Germany. This reminds me— Theodore is supposed to come back to me with numbers and logistics. What the hell is keeping him?

My Overseas business is in control of my Beta Theodore. He is in command of all my business and do all the managing and controlling. Only A V industries is in under my direct control. 

A V  recalling these letters always make my heart swell with happiness. A V My family, dream and legacy.

The name for whose sake I am here, the one who is the most important part of my life yet I am far away from. The identity of our world, our entire existence. The face of this place. My only family yet a stranger to me.  My princess, my heart, my family.

 A V  "Alicia Valentine" 

The brightness of supernatural world, but Lost in her own world. Away from the world, away from life.

 Away from ME and my Darkness.

A commotion at the door bring me back to present. Gerard was standing there all dressed up in his elegant formal attire.

"Good morning Your Highness." Gerard greeted as he entered the gym.

Always punctual Gerard.

"Morning." I answered in monotonous tone.

Taking a seat in one of the comforter I asked,  "Is Theodore back?" 

"No Majesty, he informed he still needs time. Things with Michael are, you know his condition." 

Sighing I know at this matter I can't interface. Being a Beta he has responsibilities and he is totally dedicated to them but he has some responsibilities as a Brother.

 "When he'll be back?"

"He is trying his best. Majesty..." 

Taking a deep breath he continued, "Beta wants to talk you last night, he wanted your permission to keep Micheal here with us. He is not in the condition to be kept alone."

I frown, "Fine. He can stay in Kingdom. As long as he doesn't create a disaster here. But keep a close eye on him, after his arrival."

"Yes, your Majesty. I'll inform Beta Theodore."

 "Anything else."

"You have to fly this evening to Antarctica  for the Annual Vampire Council Meeting, which is a day after tomorrow."

"If the meeting is a day after tomorrow, why I'm going today?" raising a brow I asked. 

"You see, with all due respect majesty, the other council members will arrive tomorrow, or maybe the meeting day, using their powers, but for you—" 

"Fine I get it." I snapped. 

"You can go there and save fuel and your time if--" he said suggestively, but stopped arbitrary and continue in his mind. 

'If you use the super powers which are yours.'

Goddess, why this man is so Persistent.

"Do I need to give the reasons why I am not using them. You know what they are, how I am inherited them. I hate this part of me Gerard."

"Powers and Wealth are neutral, it's in the hands of the person who possess them. And I know you'll never let that part dominate you.

Being a demon or cherub, it's in our hand. You decide  you're doing."

I know Gerard is right. What I want to become is in my hand. But still I don't want to be that part of me.

"Let the pilot know to  ready the jet by nine at evening." I said tersely. 

slumping shoulders in defeat he nodded but the gleam in his eyes was still there.   

 "Ahem, Majesty I was thinking, how about we pay a visit in the office. It's a long time you have been there and Beta Theodore is not here."

"What is it?"

"Nothing special, just wanted to discuss about a dealing one of our subsidiary had which went wrong."

" It's Theodore's work not mine." I argued 

"But he is not here." he countered. "get ready, I'll meet you downstairs in sharp 15 minutes." saying this he left. 

***

As I made my way to the lobby, my beast was anxious. He was excited.. Restless..

I tried to ask him but whenever I try to talk to him, he simply block me off..

As I entered my building, a gust of wind pass through me, and strangely I felt the warmth in it. Like I am finally home. All my worries, my remorse all gone just for a few moments. I am in heaven..

I sniff the air, a faint smell of the most wonderful and sweetest scent in the world lingered in the air.

Smell of soil after the first rain mixed with Orchids. The sweet luscious aroma of soil was in the air. After sniffing, my beast was on all alert.

"Find her. Find her now."

"Find, but who?"

"I SAID FIND HER!"

"But who...?"

"YOU STUPID KING JUST FOLLOW THE SCENT AND FIND HER.. SHE NEEDS US!"

I knew Royce knew something I don't know. I just hold all the thing and tried to follow the source of the scent. I heightened my senses and tried to follow the source.

Gerard was following me behind, "King, what's the matter? You..."

I cut him off with my hand. The smell was in all the building. Everyone in the building sensed my aura  and step aside. I reached to the office of Revin.

Sensing me coming there, he automatically stood up from his chair and came out of his office and bowed, " May rise the King."

I looked at him and saw he was shivering with fear. Sweat was formed on his head. His eyes were low but his gaze was troubled.

"What was here a few minutes ago?"

Hearing my question, he raised his eyes to meet mine and gulped but quickly looked down.

"Majesty..... majesty nothing, nothing was her..... here.." his troubled form and stammering was enough for me to know, there was something suspicious.

"Revin I am asking you, what was here sometime ago? And remember I never give second chances."

Royce was getting agitated in me, he wanted control, claw and shed Revin into pieces for not telling the truth and fast.

Taking control, he asked in his Alpha King voice, "WHAT WAS HERE?"

Hearing Royce's command, he bowed his head in submission and answered hesitantly.

"Alpha a girl...a girl from this Greffy company, Our company had a deal with them and got...got some..."

Royce didn't let him finish and threw him into the glass table, scattering the pieces of glass all around the room.

Holding him from collar, he asked, "WHERE IS SHE? WHERE IS SHE NOW?"

Gerard tried to interfere but one look from Royce, silenced all his efforts.

"Al.. Alpha, she...She just left...the building through the fire exit a...a few minutes ago..."

Hearing his words, a sudden pain rush through us. An unbearable pain in our body.

Royce quickly threw Revin on the other side of his cabin and rushed through the door to the fire exit.

The majestic scent was getting stronger more dominant. I can feel her in the air. I was in halfway to the stairs and stilled, when I heard some whimper, followed with the harsh voice of Warrior Shane.

The scent and voices were coming from our interrogation room.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?"

"HOW DID YOU GET HERE?"

His screaming and her whimpers were enough. I quickly made my way to the interrogation room.

"I...I..."

As I stepped into the room, the whole room was bathed in the soft scent of soil and orchids mixed with blood.

Human blood????

But after what I saw in front of me, I saw only red.

My gaze met with the most angelic thing in the world. The most pure and enchanting blessing from heaven.

    Her hair was a rich shade of Licorice black. It flowed in waves to adorn her glowing, porcelain-like skin. A straight nose, full lips, pale flawless limbs. She seemed to be the picture of perfection. Had she smiled, the world would sigh with contentment. Had she laughed, the world would laugh with her. And had she wept, the whole world would want to comfort her.

What I was desperate to see was her eyes. But her eyes were closed. And it boiled my blood when I saw that Shane was holding her harshly by her arms and screaming. she looks so delicate, so soft like feature. And this disgusting creature was holding her harshly. 

How dare he? 

"TELL ME HOW..."

Royce was in control.

He quickly strode at our angel's direction and freed her from Shane's demonic hold. Royce was seeing all red, with one blow, he threw Shane harshly on the wooden table. Breaking the strong table into pieces. He was shocked and mostly feared.

I quickly  took control from him. 

As I turned my attention to the fairy in front of me. To my blessing, her eyes opened for a few moments. Her eyes, framed by long lashes, were a bright, dark brown and seemed to brighten the world. 

She looked into my eyes and the time stopped. The earth stilled.

At that moment I knew I found the last missing piece of my soul. My other half.

My Forever.

My Mate.

Royce was shocked too. Her eyes were closing again and she was losing her balance. But before she can fall I quickly hold her in my arms. Secured her from this world. All the evil and darkness.

I hold her tight to my chest, My world my everything.

Mine... she is mine and only mine..

A felt the electricity in my body. The tingling of sparks were where we touch our mate...

Mine..

Mine , this words seems so right with her. A few moments ago this word was nothing to me but now, I know the true and correct meaning of this word.

Mine and only mine. a small smile creep into my face. I am not alone I have my mate, a mate to hold, to love, to cherish, to spend my forever with.

A tucked a strand of hair behind her ear from her face. Her innocent face is so pure, so innocent. As my fingers linger to her cheeks she leaned into my touch and gave a soft smile. Even in unconscious state, she knows me. She identifies me. My heart blossomed at this thought. Our mate know us. She feels our touch.

She is a miracle from heaven. Miracle... My Miracle Mate...

My light. My life...

We want to see the reaction, her eyes. Her dark brown orbs. The shine and spark, the life in them.

The smell of blood in the air jerked me back to reality. She is hurt.

  Our mate is hurt, Miracle is hurt. 

Royce started to panic, what happened to her.

Gerard was standing behind me, "GERARD CALL BARON NOW AND ORDER HIM TO BE IN MY OFFICE IN 30 SECONDS." 

Gerard quickly mind linked Baron.

I quickly scooped her in my arms, her tiny figure looks so right in my arms. Her face secured on my chest, I can hear her soft heart beats. I quickly made  way to my office in  supernatural speed.

Once I reached my office. I carefully placed her on the comfortable couch. I bend down on my knees to caress her cheeks, her cheeks were flustered. Her nose was red, like she was crying.

He hurt her, he made my Miracle cry. he'll pay for this. I'll kill him.

Royce wanted to kill  and shed Chase into pieces. He was losing control. How can he do this? How can he hurt his Luna.

His Queen.

Gerard broke my thoughts. "King, Baron is here, if he has your permission,  he wants to check on the girl."

He said while folding his hands behind his back. Gerard has his signature smile on his face. An all knowing smile.

Nodding I turned my attention back to my Miracle. Taking her hand in mine I enjoyed the tingling of electricity, proving the reality that yes, I have been blessed with the precious blessing from heaven.

I am contained now. We both are. We have got her. we'll never let her go. 

We vow to protect her.

Baron and Gerard came back, "Rise the King", he bowed, "if I have your permission, can I check on her" . Nodding my head I stood and step aside. Taking her hand in mine I sat on the settee near my Miracle .

He checked on her, measured her blood pressure and tender her injuries on her head and arms.

"She is fine. Just unconscious due to shock. Her injuries are not serious. I am giving her a painkiller injection , she needs rest." 

Injection.... How dare he  puncture our mate with injection.

"King let him do his job, he is doing all this for her best. Please try to cooperate. For her." Gerard tried to reason through mind link.

"She'll be sleeping.  Call me, When she wakes." with that, he bowed and left.

"I guess we should shift her to another room, the smell of her blood is... I'll ask someone to shift her in other room..... "

"NO, she'll stay in my room. I'm fine with it."

"As you command , your Highness" Gerard had a small smile on his face. He never bowed to me apart from the royal function where the crown was passed to me. But today he bowed to me and then to my Miracle.

" I am really happy for you my Child, you deserve all the happiness." saying this he didn't wait for my reply and  just vanished in thin air with a genuine smile. Being vampire he has his own perquisites.

I glanced at my beautiful Miracle's direction.

Life is  bliss... with you!

But I am not worthy of this Bliss. My life is a Curse. The secret I am carrying in my heart will destroy me and the one with me. I won't let you get destroyed. I'll protect you from my World.

My darkness will never touch your purity.

Before that I have to find the reason, why my angel was in that room and why she is here.

Human in my Kingdom without my knowledge.

"Revin I want you in my conference room now.", I ordered through the mind link.

I want answers and I'll get them.

Glancing at her one last time , smiling I said, "My Miracle. I have reasons to leave you, I am not the right person for you, but I will never tell any harm to touch you. You are mine TO PROTECT."

We vow to protect You. 

***

April 30, 2016

This chapter reveals the mystery of A V.   A V is the name "Alicia Valentine",  the identity of Supernatural World and also have Gideon's Heart. If you have any confusions please pm me or comment. 

Thank You,

Neelam

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

12M 575K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...
3.8M 139K 56
Lauren is in trouble. BIG trouble. She found her mate - and he ISN'T her sweet, long-term, long-distance boyfriend. He's an Alpha. Can you blame a gi...
187K 9.2K 39
Sugar McKenzie and August Wakefield couldn't be more different - Sugar, a meticulous, caring, but lonely paramedic and August, a charming former real...
500K 6.3K 16
To read the full book please see the info below: What a wild ride this has been with almost half a million reads! However, It is now time for me to e...