Whispers Under the Moonlight...

By bookie032

[Sequel to Scent of Blood]: "Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own." Born i... More

Fiery Blue
Grey Eyes
Concurrent
Repression
The Sun and Sky
A Ballad for the Moon
Talking to The Moon
Burden
Wisps
Room-schooled
Bad Air, Bad Vibes
Hunger Pangs
Enkindled
Numb Belligerence
Reparable
Precautions
Indecisions
Exordium
Shattered
Escape
Day of Souls
Silent Prophecy
Not Worth the Candle
Sliver of Grey
Tremble
Fight the Sky
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 1]
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 2]
Lies in Her eyes
Knave turned Knight
Repentance Unforgiven
What Belonged to Her
Violinist's Doctor
Hopeless
At the End of a Long Escape
Hexed in Sleep
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 3]
Love & Sacrifice
Whispers Under the Moonlight

Heart | Body

1.1K 66 8
By bookie032

"This is insulting."

"I find it quite amusing, in all honesty."

"How can she boast this in front of my child?"

"Don't flatter yourself, she done no wrong against her."

"Done nothing wrong you say?" Zander finally snapped and raised his voice at her; his eyes seethed rage as Vivian merely find his emotion quite entertaining. "Flirting so openly and dare I say, flaunting it in front of Hailey? This is truly preposterous!"

"Hush you old scab and let them be," Vivian replied in scoff, "What can you do anyway when you've no power over them nor have you any limbs to actually punch them – or him more specifically."

"She only met the man three days ago and look how close they are," Zander fumed as he pointed at them from the roof, where Katherine and Deckard were running around the backyard; Katherine was chasing Deckard for running the hose at her and nearly drenching her. "Yet they act as though they're a couple in front of us!"

"You are being too dramatic for a ghost," Vivian rolled her eyes as she phased down into the house and looked at Hailey, who was sitting in front porch with her eyes looking away at the ground. There was a distinct look of irritancy in her eyes that almost looked as though there was nothing else in her mind but sheer vex.

Vivian hummed to herself before she phased past the house, to the backyard where Katherine had finally caught Deckard and had strung his hands over him. There was a rage of vex in her eyes that spoke playfully yet not at the same time, whilst Deckard only returned her gaze a much more obvious playfulness; there was not a speck of dishonesty in him.

"Well," Deckard spoke as he tried to break free from the hose knot that Katherine made, "At least you can't get me wet."

Katherine smirked as she strung the rest of the hose's line over a branch and pulled, enough for Deckard to hover above ground like poultry ready to be skinned. She fastened the other end and left him there to hang as she went inside the house; she was still dripping from what he had done and would rather change her shirt.

Walking up the stairs, she bumped into Jesslyn in the hallway, who wore nothing but a bath towel around her body whilst drying her hair with another. She smiled at Katherine and merely walked past her to Athena's former room, only to throw Art out of her the room, which made Katherine look over her shoulder.

"Damn, feisty woman," Art chuckled as he stood up and looked at Katherine, "Well aren't you soaking too."

Katherine sighed, "Stop trying to bed her already Art."

"I'm honestly not," Art chuckled, "She's trying to bed me!" then rolled his eyes before winking at her, "That, I'm sure of."

He went off with a snicker as Katherine entered her room, rolling her eyes playfully. She threw off her shirt and walked over to the dresser. As she approached it the walls began to shake that made her hold onto the dresser quickly and waited for the tremors to subside. After a good minute, the trembling had ceased; the ground had been shaking for a few days now and not even the news could explain why.

Why are these happening? she questioned herself as she took a clean dry shirt from her dresser and put it on, then took the wet shirt before she approached the window. Raising the sill, she threw the shirt at Deckard's face and heard him groan, only making her laugh in the process before shutting the window and hear him shout at her.

Draping on her bed, Katherine sighed out loud and placed an arm over her eyes. There was silence in the room as she heard quiet footsteps approach her door; the scent almost inviting her to come out. She could hear her heartbeat from the other side of the door and could feel her own heart imitate the rhythm; she could hear her hesitation for her heartbeat spoke the truth.

"Hailey," Katherine spoke before the fae could even knock, "Just come in."

Knob turning, Hailey opened the door and kept her cool, "You look exhausted," she spoke as she walked over and sat next to her, but did not look at her, "But you look like you hardly broke a sweat from all that running."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Katherine replied as snuck a peek at Hailey and immediately noticed the distant look in her eyes, but cannot seem to smell what she felt. It bothered her a little, but tried to mask her feelings, aware that the fae can sense it. "Or did you want to see me sweat?"

Hailey snickered, then smiled, "Maybe I did," then looked over at Katherine, only to remove her arm over her eyes. They looked into each other and she could sense her passion for her riding her cheeks, colouring them in a pale shade of pink. "Or maybe, I wanted to be the one to make you sweat."

"If you can that is," Katherine scoffed playfully as she gave her a warm smile, "I highly doubt you could make me sweat," she challenged as she watched Hailey caress her cheek with the back of her fingers, that almost sent shivers down her spine which somehow made her want to take back her words, but did not.

Hailey tilted her head to the side and allowed her hair to cascade down her shoulders, "I might take you up on that," she giggled lightly as her fingers trailed over Katherine's lips. "But before I do," she spoke as she gently traced her lips with her thumb that seemed to elicit a soft purr from her, "There's something I need to know."

"What is it?" Katherine asked.

Leaning down, Hailey slowly closed the gap between them as Katherine steadily looked her in the eyes, patiently waiting for an answer. There was a part of her that wanted to know and another that did not; she wanted to know because Hailey was her business, but there was a bigger business at hand that she knew not where the boundary lie.

For a moment, the two of them stared at each other right in the eye as though examining its hue. Katherine's former dull grey had softened as much as Hailey's gentle dark ambers have somehow hardened; both of them wondered how so much change within them has happened and the next full moon had yet to come.

Closer, Hailey moved in; her heart unable to hold back any longer. It has been days since she last felt those lips on her and she could no longer stand the distance – no matter how short the distance had been for the past three days. She knew better that something troubled Katherine, but it was well past the prime of admission that she too had her own problems.

A problem named Katherine Wilson.

Heartbeat rising, tensions softening; the room felt hotter than their colliding breaths. Hailey closed her eyes as she pressed further, hoping to feel the lips she so longed. She could feel the anxiety in her build up as much as she could feel Katherine's, aware that both of them had been wanting this for a long time.

"Time for payback!"

The door slammed open and stood behind it was Deckard, his torso showing as much as his six-packs were; his sweat almost glistening. Sighing internally, their lips almost grazed each other, but stopped just an inch apart; Hailey gritted her teeth silently as she pulled back and looked at Deckard over her shoulder without hiding her vex.

"Oh," he muttered as he realised the situation, making him look away but not after shooting Hailey a brief leer, "I didn't know you were here, Hailey," he rubbed his nape in embarrassment before he turned around and held the door knob, "I'll come back later."

With that, he pulled the door to a close and both of them heard his footsteps away. Hailey turned to Katherine and noticed the same embarrassment on her face. It made Hailey wonder why she felt so ashamed, but in front of Jesslyn or Art or anyone else, she did not care about them lip locking before. She can even name several moments where they knew that they were just nearby and did not seem to care; only their feelings were enough to banish the others around them. Yet there she lay looking away sheepishly.

So, why did she suddenly change?

Unable to fathom her thoughts, Hailey got up without saying a word and walked over to the door. There was a lot in her head and there was one particular question that bothered her, unable to bear the thoughts for she knew that Katherine would notice even when she did not wish for her to. As she reached for the door, she felt arms snake around her waist and prevented her from even grasping the knob.

"What's wrong?" Katherine asked as she pulled her close, listening to the anxious beat of her heart. "If it's Deckard, just ignore him."

Hailey sighed mentally, "I doubt I can."

"He meant no harm," Katherine spoke as she spun her to face her and saw the vex in her eyes that could almost kill somebody, "He didn't know, so don't blame him."

Hailey rolled her eyes, "He didn't know I was here sure," she almost seethed, but held back, "But he knows that I have feelings for you."

"Fae," she tried to calm her down by cupping her cheeks and meeting her eyes, "Just don't mind him," then kissed her forehead, "I've no feelings for him."

Hailey nearly pouted, "Do you swear?"

"Yeah," Katherine replied with a smile as she pulled her into a hug to further calm her anxious heart. She held her close as she felt her own heartbeat lie, but do not know if Hailey felt her emotions; at times she has noticed that the young fae's emotions rise above the emotions of others, but not so often to prove it. "So, don't be angry anymore."

Hailey sighed and nodded which removed a little bit of doubt in her, but not entirely an assurance. Katherine hugged her once more and planted a quick kiss on her head, whilst rubbing her back to further comfort her; she could sense it work as Hailey's scent no longer held hostility.

A knock came at the door and both of them faced it, the knob turned and the door opened; a familiar face snuck through the crack of the door and looked at them with a deep frown on her face. Irritancy spoke for her as Katherine and Hailey merely tilted their head at her, aware what was going on.

"Kathie," Jesslyn spoke with slight irritance in her tone, "Please drag both idiots out of my house," she told her through gritted teeth with a warm smile plastered above as she heard laughing downstairs as much as there were loud bangs on the floorboards, "Before I lose my bearing and murder them in the kitchen sink."

"I'll handle it," Katherine nodded with a soft sigh then pecked Hailey's cheek before she walked out the door that Jesslyn held open for her. Jesslyn watched her walk down the hallway as Hailey walked past her, but she barred the doorway from letting her out.

Hailey looked up at her with a raised brow as though asking her why she would not let her through. Jesslyn gave her serious look and lowered her hand to rest on Hailey's stomach then walked inside the room with the fae in tow, then closed the door behind her with one foot.

Hailey followed Jesslyn with her eyes and watched her walk to the window, then closed the curtains. It made Hailey curious as to why she did that, but when she spun around and procured a paper that had 'is there anyone here?' written on it, to which she shook her head in response.

"So, how are the both of you?" Jesslyn asked as she took another piece of paper from her rear pocket, then handed it over to her. A note slipped down that had 'don't read this out loud and respond to what I say' that made Hailey nod and began to flip the page silently.

"What do you mean?" Hailey replied as she tried to read the contents as fast as she could. There was information there that she knew not existed; it seems the renegades have done a lot in more than just look for them in the past ten days.

"You know what I mean," Jesslyn chuckled as she leant against the door, "With that heart rob roaming for three days," then closed her eyes, "You haven't had some alone time and he walks Katherine home from camp, not to mention he doesn't leave her side or us until she goes to bed."

"We're fine," Hailey replied begrudgingly as she held back the urge to sigh. Flipping through another page, she noticed the dozen images of dead bodies inside that looked as though their souls had been sucked out of them – pale, lifeless and black tainted eyes. "I don't really mind him and besides, she said so herself that I should ignore him."

"Well it really isn't my business," Jesslyn nodded as she looked up at her, "But I have to warn you though."

"Warn me?" Hailey questioned as she raised her eyes from the documents that she had already seen thoroughly; she did not need to know more about what was happening and what was the outcome of being taken by renegades. The thought alone daunted her, but she did not wish for it to be shown, aware that a certain wolf would come running.

Jesslyn approached her with a sad, but understanding look in her eyes. She knew well enough what they were going through after having gone through her own love triangle. Shaking her head, she took the papers from her hand and entered the bathroom, then opened the faucet at the bathroom sink before procuring a lighter.

"Sometimes," she spoke as she lit it up, then raised the documents over it, "The fire would run out of flare," she explained as they both watched the fire eat the paper and its ashes drop into the sink, then out the hole, "Then dive in a river of tears."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"What is this disgrace I've been hearing about?"

"It's nothing, sir."

"Nothing?" he scoffed through gritted teeth, "Headquarters has been talking all about it and you know how I feel about being talked about."

"Yes, sir," Alexis replied as she kept her head down, unable to face him. The others around her did not bother to acknowledge their argument – not when it's their leader talking. Strict and harsh are his words, but his methods have always been effective. "I will make sure to finish the job."

"You have better!" He raised his voice as much as his hand as Alexis flinched, but felt no hand clash with her cheek and instead felt a soft pat on her hear that almost felt comforting if only she did not know of his tendencies. "And make me proud."

With that, he removed his hand over her with haste as he walked away just as his squad had finished their preparation. Off into the night, her father's squad vanished like mages that teleported, but she knew better that this squad was elite. Their skills compare to Athena that she was certain that as a squad, they may be able to take her down – even Thesalia.

Clenching her fist, she spun around and began pacing away into the busy streets. Thunder broils in the distance and the sky began to drizzle. She pulled her hood up and allowed the rain to cancel her footsteps and mask her scent, certain that she was being followed. Taking deep breaths, she calmed her heartbeat as she rolled her yoyo in the rain to calm herself down.

Walking in the rain, she entered an alley just as the rain finally came pouring; she heard footsteps trail her just as she took a turn. Her anxiety built as much as her adrenaline, the time between her yoyo slings lessened and hastened, almost twenty loops by the third step; she halted just before the other street and observed its silent downpour.

In the dark of the night, two hands pulled her back into the alley as she feigned struggle in his hands. She wanted to break his neck right that minute but wanted to waste some time and he was the perfect distraction for her. Struggling back halfway, she felt herself being dragged round the corner then thrown into a van.

"I got another one," said the man who captured her, "Now we can get a high price for these virgins."

"Two kittens should be worth four grand for us," another voice mentioned as the van drove off, "Plus another two grand for old men who prefer young, fresh kids."

"We hit jackpot tonight," the man who took her chuckled as she tried to identify him through the passing streetlights. He looked right back at her whilst she stared back at him, almost killing him with her look, but he only found it more amusing.

As the van drove on, she tried to define their location, but the soft cries beside her made it a little difficult to identify. Looking at her, her hair was a mess and dishevelled across her face as much as tear strains were evident on both of her chubby cheeks. She was quaking in her white, muddied dress as much as her feet were bare.

"We're here," the driver spoke as the car halted where there are several lights outside that blinded them. Alexis could discern the interior that could easily be noted as a warehouse somewhere in the outskirts of the town she was just in. "Show them to the buyer."

Buyer, huh?

"Follow after alright," the kidnapper spoke as he pulled the weeping one onto his shoulder as much as he pulled Alexis onto the other shoulder. He then walked out the van and just as Alexis had suspected, the place was indeed an abandoned warehouse with a few hanging lights overhead.

There was nothing inside and there was nothing she could use to assault them. As much as she wanted to end that then and there, she was curious as to how this would end. The weeping child beside her only infuriated her as she began wailing enough for the guy holding them to drop them at the same time.

"Quiet you little brat!" he hissed as he raised his hand to hit her. The sight of it boiled Alexis blood almost as if making time slow for her; she was about to reach out for her knife, but a lone clap prevented the man from landing a blow on the other girl, which made all of them look at who done the clap. "Sir."

"Now, now," an old man spoke as he approached them with a huge grin on his face, whilst Alexis rolled her yoyo, "Don't damage my toys before I can even play with them."

"Yes sir," the man nodded and took a few steps back for the old man to examine them thoroughly, "Sorry, sir."

"Now," he cleared his throat as he stooped down to their level and reached out to the weeping child; his fingers grazed her bare thighs that almost showed her underwear. He giggled like a school girl as the young weeping child tried to slap his hand away only for him to grab it, then sniff her skin from her wrist to her palm. "How old are they you suppose?"

"This one is twelve, sir," the man replied as he looked at Alexis, who seemed to be gritting her teeth silently as she watched the old man reach out to the other kid's face, then brushed her hair from her face. "The other, I assume is the same."

The old man barely heard his response as he tried cup the other's face. The other kid flinched and backed her head, but the old man caught her by both cheeks then furrowed his brows at her. The kidnapper next to Alexis took a few steps back as though he knew what came next; the look on his eyes seemed afraid, reluctant, but emphatic at the same time.

"Now, now," the old spoke then threw a slap across the girl's face that made the young girl cry even louder, tears streamed down her face. Another tear streamed as she tried to pull back his head from his pincher tight grip, but only earned her a backhand across her other cheek; it made her cry even more, but he only whispered; "Don't be afraid.

But the girl did not heed his advise and only struggled in his hold, even going as far as trying to pull his hand away with her scrawny arms that made Alexis's eyes widen. Her jaw tightened as her fist clenched tight, ready to hit the old man across his face if he hit her one more time.

"Sir," the kidnapper spoke, "O-our pay, sir."

The old man looked away from the girl, his devilish eyes softened as a grin once again emerged from his face. He let go of the girl and stood up to pocket his hand, then procured an envelope from his deep pocket, then handed it over to the kidnapper, who greedily opened it and began counting their pay.

Whilst they were busy, Alexis went over to girl and examined her face; her cheeks were dampened by her tears as much as they were tarnished red from the hard slaps she took just now. The sight of it sent Alexis's eyes ablaze as pulled the girl close, then took her own jacket off to cover her shivering body.

"Shh," she tried to comfort her quietly, "Don't worry," she assured her, "Can you do something for me?" she asked and the girl nodded, "Close your eyes and your ears then count to sixty, okay?"

Confused, the quivering girl nodded nonetheless and closed her eyes. Alexis made her look away as she heard her say 'one' and then procured two yoyos on each hand, then slipped them both down. The two in front of her turned around and saw her slipping the yoyo like she was not in a bad situation; it amused the old man as he turned to face her whilst the kidnapper began to walk away.

"Well," the old man chuckled, "Aren't you lively than the other?"

Scoffing, Alexis grinned wide and spun the yoyo forward and hit the old man in between his eyes that made him stumble back. He groaned as he stumbled that made the other man turned over, only to see a yoyo flying towards him; it flew past him and spun around his neck as Alexis pulled the string back, which made the yoyo string tighten around his neck and choked him.

"You little shit!" the old man hissed as he gained his footing, then drew a gun from his rear belt and aimed it straight at her, "I'm gonna kill you!"

Smirking at his threat, Alexis pulled up her other yoyo on her left then threw it at his gun that threw his aim off balance just as he pulled the trigger. The bullet grazed her cheek just as she zoomed forward and pulled a knife from her thigh holster, then stabbed it onto his elbow joint that made him scream.

"Fuck!" the old man screamed in agony as he knelt down from the pain. Alex pulled her yoyo back on left then slipped its thin string along the old man's neck that made him choke; his fingers tried to remove the string around as his throat gagged, his eyes bulged out of his sockets as much as the kidnapper.

Alexis pulled both of her yoyos that tightened the strings around the two. She dragged their bodies across the floor then tied them to a tall piece of metal foundation; the thin string tightened around their bodies that tore through their clothes, even their skin that blood oozed out of their forearms. She secured them there and made sure to take back her knife and cut the old man's hand front wrist above which made him scream even louder, but his voice would not echo.

"Sixty..."

She heard the last count and turned around to find the other girl about to open her eyes; she let out a soft sigh and walked over to her, hoping that she would not see the abominations she just laid out. At the third step, she heard a loud gasp echo from her left, which made her look and find the driver from earlier walk in.

"Holy shit!" he shouted, his eyes locked at the tied up squirming corpses behind her. Adrenaline shot up her veins as she quickly drew her knife from her thigh and threw it at him just as he panned his eyes at her. The knife flew straight at him and dug in between his eyes; blood gushed out of his skull as he fell face front onto the cemented floor.

Soft sobs echoed in her ears as turned to the girl, who looked at her with horror. Alexis took a deep breath then approached her, but she was frightened of her – enough for her to clumsily crawl backwards, but her back hit a metal foundation that made cower behind her arms.

"Hey," Alexis spoke softly, but the girl just was lost in her fear that she could not hear her, "Calm down, I won't hurt you."

The girl looked up from her arms as Alexis gave her enough space; she held a hand out for her to take, hoping she would accept. It took her a minute or two to have the girl holding her hand, then pulled her up; she brushed her hair away from her face and caught her brown eyes that seemed to have gone a little red from all the crying she had done.

"Come on," Alexis told her as she held the young blonde's hand, then led her to the exit. The rain somehow subsided from the silence outside; she stopped just by the entrance before the blonde can even see the other corpse. "One second."

Alexis ran back to the fallen envelope of money, then picked it up; she closed it back then rushed back to her side. She held her hand again then pulled her to her shoulder, then guided her out so she does not have to see any other corpses on the way out. She led her back to the van they were in, scooped her up so her feet would not get any dirtier, then placed her in the passenger seat.

Taking a deep breath, Alexis rounded to the driver's seat then took the spare key from the visor, then started the engine. She reversed the car and returned to the road, hoping to find the nearest town to drop off the blonde; she took glances of her from time to time on the road, noticing the glow of gold in her eyes whenever the moonlight hit them.

"Hmm," she mumbled as she entered a town, then pulled her phone just as she saw a familiar motel sign. Parking the car, she dialled a number and turned the engine off, waiting for the other end to pick up; at the third ring, the other end greeted her and made her look at the girl. "I need a favour."

"What kind?"

"I need a camp that would take a puppy in. What's the nearest?"

"Locating. One moment."

Alexis stared at the girl, who seemed to be shivering in her jacket. Unlocking her door, she pulled her Bluetooth speaker to her ear and linked her call before she went over to the other side, then opened the door to carry the blonde. She did not resist her at all – not even earlier – as she walked to the back of the building, then opened a door.

She walked up the stairs that stood in front of her whilst feeling the heartbeat in front of her; it was slow for fear still resided in her body. As she got to the second story, she opened the first door to the left then left the lights off as she gently placed the blonde on the single king bed in the room.

"You'll be safe here," Alexis assured her as she offered her a small smile and caressed her cheek, wiping away the strains of tears. The operator on the other end returned that made her stand and turn to take her shirt off. "Have you found one?"

"Yes, sending to your device."

"Thanks," Alexis replied as she dropped the call as much as she dropped her holsters. It took the girl by surprise at the amount of knives she had hidden, but did not say a word about it; she merely looked away. "Don't worry, I won't do anything to you."

"Why," she spoke softly, "Are you helping me?"

Alexis did not respond as she walked towards the bathroom, the turned the lights out without entering. The light illuminated her body that caught the young blonde's stare, almost making her gawk but only felt pity; scars covered her body from her torso, down to her thighs that could make anyone think of the monstrous things she gone through.

"Because," Alexis spoke as she offered her a sheepish smile, "I despise those who assault the weak."

The young blonde nodded as she felt a sense of pity on her; the marks on her skin were thick as though she did not bother to heal them. Long streaks of cuts and former bruises ran for miles around her body that she was uncertain where it began and where it ended. She wanted to comfort her, but it looked as though she need none; her eyes bore strength, confidence, but above all, a fighter.

"By the why," Alexis spoke as she removed her skirt, "I didn't catch your name."

The young blonde gasp silently as she realised her manners. She stood up and approached her, careful not to thread on the knives; she stretched her hand out and offered her a warm smile as if to tell her that she no longer feared her, feigning everything that happened a while ago ever happened.

"I'm Brandy," she spoke with a warm smile across her lips, "Brandy Foster."

~

~

A/N: Thanks for reading. This chapter is kind of a background to Alexis, but a same time,  a glimpse of a possible future for her. IF and ONLY IF you want to see more of Alexis's future, go read YoloKindaGirl12 's book entitled 'Decisions' (:

She has a story dedicated only to Alexis and I am to admit that she owns the character, I'm just borrowing her younger self xD She agreed, if anyone thinks I stole her character, because I didn't okay? 

Thanks for your support, Vote, Comment and Follow if you haven't (: All your love is well appreciated (: It really helps me when I'm sad or depressed and other things in life ^-^

~

~

©bookie032 2015-2016

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 29.5K 30
"What are you doing here?" I ask, feeling annoyed. He smirks and says, "I know your secret." "What secret?" I ask innocently. "You're Killer Kat. I...
71.7K 2.4K 57
"Do you normally make-out with the people you're hired to kill? It doesn't strike me as very professional." "Put the gun down," Gabriel panted, not...
1.8K 191 36
Who knew that teen wolfs dead pool isn't over! Jessica a normal teenage girl good friends with Lydia is now stuck between good and evil! What will ha...
95.1K 3.1K 83
"This is the story of Hazel..a tale I tell to others...a tale not many know of.. Such a loving child with her brother. So bright and full of life. Y...