Destined || Luke Hemmings

Bởi taylorms4

Summer has finally arrived and Taylor can't wait to leave her boring town and go to her beach house. She's be... Xem Thêm

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
The Party (Part 1)
The Party (Part 2)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
*NOT AN UPDATE*
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Author's Note
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
*Another Author's Note*
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Epilogue
TRAILER!!!

Chapter 5

25.7K 471 147
Bởi taylorms4

(Taylor's POV)

By the time I wake up the movie is over and the ending credits are rolling on the screen.

"Did I sleep through the entire movie?" I pick my head up from Luke's shoulder.

"You fell asleep about halfway through" Luke informs me and I nod.

"Well, today has been awesome but Amanda and I should go, its getting pretty late" I look over at Amanda and we both start to rise from our spots

"Wait! Put your number in so we can meet up tomorrow!" Ashton hands me his phone and I plug in my number. Soon after that everyone's phones are circling the group and everyone is exchanging numbers. After all phone numbers have been exchanged, Amanda and I say our goodbyes and leave the 5sos house.

"Sleepover at mine?" Amanda asks me.

"Definitely!" I text my mom and tell her I'm spending the night at Amanda's.

__~__

"So, you and Luke got pretty cozy today" Amanda looks at me and winks.

I roll my eyes "I fell asleep. It might as well have been your shoulder." She laughs and continues to play on her phone

"Today was great" Amanda reminisces and I nod

"So great. What do you think of the boys?"

"They're all crazy. But really nice and funny. And cute, especially Ashton" Amanda gushes

"Ooo does someone have a crush on Ashton?" I wink at her and she throws a pillow at me

"No! Well, I don't know. I only met him today. Maybe if I got to know him better. He is really sweet though. Don't say anything!" Amanda confesses

"Your secret is safe with me" I smile at her and we dive into the ever-popular conversation on why boys suck. After hours of girl talk and online shopping (without actually purchasing anything, so it was more of an online clothes admiring) we decide to go to sleep. Right before I was about to drift off, I was woken by my phone vibrating

*Bzz*

From: Ashton

Hey Taylor. I was wondering if maybe if you weren't busy tomorrow you could give me a tour of the island? One of us needs to know our way around so we don't get lost haha xx

To: Ashton

You're in luck! You're texting the world's best tour guide. I know this place like the back of my hand. I'll pick you up tomorrow at 12! Goodnight Ash :)

From: Ashton

Perfect, can't wait! See you tomorrow. Goodnight :)

"Psst. Amanda, are you awake?" I hear moaning from the other side of the bed. I woke her up, oops.

"I am now. What do you want?" Amanda mumbles through her pillow

"Ashton just texted me. He wants me to give him a tour of the island at noon. I'll put in a good word for you" I tease her. She moans again and I laugh.

"You're so annoying, my god. I swear if you say anything you better not make it too obvious or I'll kill you. Good night" I laugh again and lie back down.

I turn off my phone, close my eyes and fall asleep.

(Luke's POV)

"What are you so smiley about, Ash?" Michaels asks Ashton who's grinning at his phone

"I'm hanging out with Taylor tomorrow. She's giving me a tour of the island." Ashton grins and my stomach drops. Am I jealous? Why would I be jealous? She's just a girl I met today.

"Aw shit, Ashton. Get it in!" Calum yells

"Fuck off, Cal" Ashton laughs and I sit there in silence.

Ashton and Taylor hanging out. So what? Who said its gonna lead to something? A guy and a girl can hang out as friends. How do I know that Ashton wants anything more than friendship from her? Or vice versa.

"Do you like her?" I blurt out. Ashton looks at me.

"What? I only met her today, mate. I don't know. She is really pretty. But hey, so is Amanda. I'm still testing the waters." He winks at me and I sigh in relief. Why am I getting so worked up over a girl I barely know?

I shut the dumb thoughts out of my head and focus on my friends' conversation. Eventually, I stop listening and fall asleep.

_~_

(Taylor's POV)

I wake up around 10 am, which gives me the perfect amount of time to get ready and eat breakfast. Amanda is still sleeping so I leave a note on her bathroom mirror and walk back to my house.

Its 11:45am when I'm dressed, fed, and ready to walk out the door. I walk out the house, get on my bike and ride to the 5sos house.

I get there at 12:05 and I'm proud of my being on time. I knock on the door and it opens to a sleepy looking Luke. He yawns and I giggle.

"Did you just wake up?" I look up at him and he nods, rubbing his eyes.

"Yeah. Ashton is... well I don't know where Ashton is. He's probably in his room. You can wait in the living room." He steps aside to let me in and I follow him into the living room.

We sit on the couch and I take a moment to appreciate morning Luke. His voice is raspy and his blonde hair is a floppy mess. It's absolutely adorable. I realize I'm staring and avert my eyes to my phone.

"I'll get him for you." Luke rises from the couch and I nod.

"ASHTON. TAYLOR'S HERE. GET YOUR LATE ASS DOWNSTAIRS. Done." Luke looks over at me and I laugh with my fingers plugging my ears. He smiles at me and walks upstairs.

Five minutes Ashton comes downstairs and I stand up.

"Hello. Sorry about being late." Ashton jogs over to me and embraces me in a hug.

"It's ok. Let's get this show on the road, eh?" I let go of Ashton and he leads me to the door.

"BYE GUYS. WE'RE LEAVING." Ashton yells and I wince.

"You boys are so loud." I complain before yelling "BYE BOYS SEE YOU LATER."

Ashton laughs and says "Yeah, but you're louder." I wink and we exit.

"Got a bike?" I look at Ashton and he shakes his head.

"Nope"

"Well, can you ride one?"

"Yup"

"Perfect, you can rent one. There's a bike shop on the side of this street." I hop on my bike and I ride and he walks to the bike shop.

Ashton pays for the bike rental and the tour officially begins.

"This place has the best ice cream." I point to the ice cream shop on our left.

"Sweet, we'll definitely be hitting that place up."

I show him around the main part of the island, where all the shops and restaurants are. After about an hour and a half we park our bikes in front of a pizzeria.

"I'm starving. Lunch?" Ashton asks and I nod hungrily.

Ashton and I each buy a slice and sit at a table outside the pizzeria.

"So." Ashton says and I giggle at his lame attempt to start a conversation.

"So." I mimic him and he chuckles

"Do you come here every summer?" Ashton asks me.

"Yup, ever since I was 7. I come here with Amanda every summer." I inform him and smirk at my opportunity to talk about Amanda.

"Wow, that's awesome. How long have you known her?"

"Literally my entire life. Our moms are childhood friends. We live in separate states and that upset our moms and us. So, we decided on staying here every summer and yeah. She's my best friend." I slowly inch the conversation towards her, hoping I can get Ashton to say something about her.

"Aw that's so cute! Amanda seems really cool." Ashton says. Bingo.

"Yeah she's great. She's one of my favorite people ever. I'm sure you guys are going to get along really, really well when you start hanging out more." That's far as I'm going to go because I'm pretty sure the second "really" was started to push it.

"Well, I'm looking forward to it." He grins at me and I grin back. We throw away our trash and are about to leave when my phone vibrates.

*Bzz*

From: Amanda

Hey, don't mean to be a buzzkill but it's supposed to rain in like 15 minutes. Idk where you are but you might want to find shelter before you get rained on. I'm at the 5sos house so head over there with Ashton!!

To: Amanda

Shit, we're like 30 minutes away. Gonna come over as fast and as dry as we can. Have towels ready and wish us luck.

"Bad news, it's supposed to rain any minute and we're half an hour away from your house." I say, getting on my bike, preparing for the long ride home.

"I guess we better hurry then!" Ashton laughs and we both pedal as fast as we can. But my stubby legs can only pump so much. It's times like this where I wish I didn't have such short legs. Damn my height.

About 10 minutes into the trip back, the skies open up and its starts to pour.

"Holy shit, it's raining so hard!" Ashton yells and we pedal faster.

We make it back to the 5sos house in record time. Ashton and I lock our bikes and run inside the house. We enter the living room dripping wet.

"Hi everyone" I say and they all turn around. Their eyes widen when they see Ashton and me. We're soaking wet; it must look hilarious. I start to laugh and walk over to the chair with a pile of towels on it. I grab one and wrap it around myself.

"We got a little rained on" Ashton laughs and grabs a towel for himself.

"You guys look like you just went for a swim" Calum jokes

"Feels like it" I say.

"I'm gonna go change, be right back" Ashton announces to the group and runs upstairs.

"So, who has clothes for me." I stand in front of Michael, Luke and Calum, waiting for someone to offer up an outfit.

"You can borrow some of Luke's" Michael volunteers and I look at Luke

"Yeah, what Michael said" Luke elbows Michael and I follow Luke to his room.

I walk into Luke's room and the first thing I do is look in his mirror.

"Wow, I look horrible" I gawk. My hair is curling awkwardly at the top and my make up is everywhere. "I look like a rabid raccoon."

"Cutest rabid raccoon I've ever seen" Luke says and I turn around to look at him. We're both blushing like mad and I feel so awkward.

"I'm guessing that was a compliment, so thank you." I blush and grab a tissue, wiping off the mascara from my cheeks

"It was...well I was supposed to. You're welcome" he blushes and turns back to his closet. "Here. Change into this. I'll give you some privacy. I'll be outside the door."

"Thank you, Luke" he nods and walks out the room.

I walk over to Luke's bed and look at his clothes that he picked out: a smiley face t-shirt and sweatpants. Right as I start to undress a daunting thought comes to mind. What do I do for a bra and underwear? If they're soaked I can't wear them.

"Uh, Luke? Do you have a hairdryer?" I say shyly

"Yeah, its in the top drawer of the dresser. But you don't need to dry your hair, its only us" Luke replies and I laugh

"It's uh not for my hair" I answer, hoping he would get the hint.

"Oh uh well just dry your stuff and get dressed" I can picture him blushing as he said that. I roll my eyes at him saying "stuff" as if underwear is a swear word.

I dry my bra and underwear, get dressed, braid my hair and walk out of Luke's room. He's leaning on the wall next to the door and looks up at me when he sees me walk out.

"I love your outfit!" He winks at me

"So do I!" I smile at him and we return to the living room

I take a seat next to Amanda and whisper to her "Good news, Ashton thinks you're really cool and wants to get to know you better." I look at her and she blushes

"So what do you guys wanna do?" Ashton asks as he plops down on a chair.

"Truth or dare!" Michael practically screams. We all agree.

These boys don't take their truth or dare lightly. This has been one hell of a game. Ashton had to run down the block in only a garbage bag, Calum had to describe his weirdest sex dream, Amanda had to put ice cubes in her bra for 5 minutes and Michael had to give Luke a lap dance. Luke and I were the only ones who haven't been victimized.

"Taylor, truth or dare?" Shit.

"Dare" I say and brace myself.

Michael looked at me with a devilish grin. "I dare you to ask the neighbors to borrow two eggs." I look at him in disbelief. That's it? "In your bra and underwear." He adds. My eyes widen. At least the rain cleared up.

I sigh and begin to strip down. I stand in the middle of the circle feeling the four boys' eyes staring, fixated on my half naked body. I tried not to blush when deep down I'm extremely embarrassed.

"Show me the house." I say to Michael and he stands up, motioning me and everyone else to follow him.

"There. The blue house." Michael points and I make my way over. I look back and see everyone is hidden behind the fence in front of the 5sos house. They all give me thumbs up and I turn and knock on the door.

"Hello, how can I help you" A man in his 30's opens the door and his eyes instantly scan my body. He's checking me out, oh my god.

"Hello, can I uh borrow two eggs?" I try to avoid eye contact, which is proving to be easy since the man is looking at every part of my body but my eyes.

"Sure thing, one moment." He replies, taking one more glance at my body before turning to the kitchen to retrieve the eggs.

He returns with the eggs and hands me them. "Here you go, have a wonderful day."

I mumble a thank you and speed walk back to the house.

Everyone follows me back into the house. I set the eggs on the table and turn to them. "I gave him a fucking boner."

They all look at me in shock, and then erupt in laughter. I laugh along with them. I had to admit, it was pretty funny.

We all circled back up to resume the game.

"Luke, truth or dare?" I hear Amanda say

"Dare" Luke replies.

"I dare you to eat a piece of a Hershey's bar from Taylor's mouth" Amanda smirks and everyone's eyes are on me, waiting for approval.

I don't say anything; I just break off a piece of chocolate and place it between my teeth.

"Perfect, now lie down Taylor" Amanda instructs me and I lie down.

I look up and see Luke lowering himself to me. As he grabs the chocolate our lips brush. My stomach ties in knots and I feel myself start to blush. I sit up and see Luke eating the chocolate, but also blushing. Why does he keep making blush?

The game ends after that and we turn the TV on. Ashton is channel surfing when I see a flash of How I Met Your Mother.

"STOP!" Luke and I yell at the same time. I look at him and laugh

"Find something?" Ashton asks

"Yeah, channel 35. How I Met Your Mother is on" I tell Ashton and he goes back to the channel.

"Is that what you were yelling stop for too?" I ask Luke

"Yeah, its my favorite show"

"Mine too" We smile at each other and turn to the TV.

____________________________________________________________

Hello! Super long chapter bc you all deserve it. A lot happened in this one, more to come oooo

I hope you enjoyed!! Please comment feedback, suggesstions, anything! say hi idk

this is probably my last update until school starts. i still have to finish my summer work lol

hopefully i can update this week! it might be hectic bc first week of school and whatever

its 3am so im sorry if there's grammatical errors or typos, ill fix it tomorrow

follow me on twitter- @snowmanluke

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

72K 2.2K 31
"Maybe one day we can, lie together, quietly in peace, without a care in the world." I only smile softly at that, knowing the long journey ahead of...
373 2 38
Michael Clifford is part of a very successful band called 5 Seconds of Summer. What will happen when his life and career are at stake. Will he sign a...
1.7M 65.1K 36
Michael is looking for a new start and a way to manage his anger issues when he moves back to Sydney, leaving his mum behind, and moves in with his f...
161K 5.6K 30
Angeli and her family move to a new city due to her dad's job. Her parents are very reluctant to take the new house due to rumors about the murders m...