Broken

By hello_z

"When something is broken, you can't fix it. But you can make it better. All it needs is love, care and atten... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54

Chapter 3

6.3K 156 12
By hello_z

I was awoken by a knock on the door. When I said knock, I meant someone pounding at it. I looked at my phone and rubbed my eyes. It was 8.30, what on earth was going on? Whoever it was was going to wake up the other people on the hall and I opened it to see Harry standing there.

"What're you-"

I was cut off by him sweeping in and shutting the door, all whist shushing me with his glare. I looked at his cheek and frowned. 

"Why is your cheek-"

"Bruised?" He asked, his voice extra raspy.

I nodded and reached out to touch it but he pushed my hand away. "Stay out of my business," he said in a low tone. 

"But it's so..." I trailed off, at a loss for words as I reached up and touched his cheek. I expected him to show a hint of pain, he was bruised pretty bad. But no, his face stayed blank, his eyes still hard. 

"Don't touch me." He snapped. "Please," he added as an after thought.

I withdrew my hand quickly and looked away, my cheeks burning as I looked down. That's when I realised I was wearing nothing but a long sleeved shirt and my underwear. I hesitated and turned away, looking on the bed to find a pair of shorts, something, anything for me to cover up with.

Harry noticed I wasn't very well covered up and stepped behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "You're dressed as if you knew I was coming," he purred in my ear.

Disgusted, I pushed him off. "Don't touch me ike that!" I yelled, mortified as I pulled on a pair of jeans on. I shuddered as I grabbed a shirt and brushed past him, getting changed in the bathroom.

When I came back, Harry was sitting on my bed, waiting for me. His jaw was hard and his eyes were narrowed. His posture was tense. I had pissed him off. 

"Come on." He ordered.

"Where are we going?" I asked, my voice a whisper.

"Out. Bring history books. And your own money, I need some coffee and I'm not paying for you." He said harshly, already out of the door.

I couldn't help but get a little scared as I packed the books and looked for any change lying around the room. There was none and I knew it, I hadn't tutored anybody in ages.

"Guess I just won't get anything then." I muttured to myself, knowing that I wanted coffee because, really, who the fuck was awake at 8.30 on a Saturday morning? Harry was a man of his words and I was stuck.

I turned around, and saw Harry leaning against the wall, watching me closely. 

"Let's go..." I said, after about 30 seconds passed.

He nodded and walked out, and I strained to carry the bag that was full of books.

I dragged them down the hall and followed him to a black Nissan that was parked by the door. He had come with an intention of me to tutor him whilst he bought his coffee.

I got in without a word and held onto the books. He drove to a small coffee shop that I noticed was called La cafe, which seemed like a stupid name to me.

He got in and jerked his thumb towards a table at the end of the coffee shop, almost hidden from view. "Go sit."

I went and dropped the bag there, sighing in relief, and re-joined him in the  queue. "Why did you come this early, didn't you say ten?" I asked, eyeing him warily.

"I couldn't sleep," he murmured, his eyes on mine. 

I nodded, knowing he probably wouldn't go on about it and it was our turn to order. Well, his turn. He ordered a cappucino and I stood there, waiting for him. Without turning around, he asked me what I wanted.

"I don't want anything," I hesitated.

He turned his head and looked at me. "What do you want, Brenna?"

"I don't have any money," I whispered. 

He looked at me, irritated and turned around.  "And a hot chocolate for her."

The rather old woman behind the counter smiled. "Got a new missus, Harry? You haven't bought one here in a while."

I looked away in disgust. He bought his flings here? Harry leaned in, whispering something in her ear, taking a quick glance at me as he waited for the coffees.

"You didn't have to order and pay for me," I told him in a low voice.

"I know," he smirked. "I owe you. Go sit."

I frowned and sat down, obeying his orders.

He walked over, coffee and hot chocolate in hand as he sat beside me.

"Here you go," he said, handing me the coffee.

I smiled at him. "Thank you."

"Now let's get down to business, he told me, opening the books."

*~*

"Why did the women wear so much makeup if they knew what it did to them?" Harry asked, obviously not getting it.

"They wore it so that it would conceal their flaws and make them look pretty. It would be easier for them to find a husband."

"So they put themselves in a lot of pain so they could find a man?"

I nodded, and he frowned.

"All that trouble for a man, seems stupid."

"Women fall for a lot of things," I explained.

"All the girls I've gone out with have been hot."

"They're all sluts who wear too much makeup." 

I  looked up and saw his lips were curled into that infamous smirk. "You're jealous," he confirmed.

"I am not!" I protested.

He laughed, a genuine laugh. It was so cute that I laughed too, and he reached forward and pressed a hand to my cheek. "It's hot, you're jealous."

"It's your hand that's hot. not my face."

"Liar."

"I don't like you, I have no reason to be jealous."

His face suddenly dropped the happy look they had on him and he looked away, looking at the door. "I don't like you either." He declared, any traces of the grin gone from his face.

Everything was awkward now, and he shut the book. He got up and gathered the books, slinging them into the bag. I noticed that he kept two of the heaviest on the table, and he handed me the bag. It was a lot lighter, but the two books needed to be put in the back too. I reached for them and Harry slapped my arm away. It didn't hurt, but the gesture sure did.

He grabbed the two books and walked out, stopping for a moment to wave at the barista and I stumbled to catch up with him. It was raining and he was walking ahead, books in one hand and phone in the other. The car was about ten minutes away, it wasn't too long so he had no reason to be walking so quick.

"Can you stop walking so fast?" I asked, irratated at how quick his personality had switched.

He spun around and I was so surprised at his sudden stop I almost fell. I looked up at him. His hair was damp, stuck to his face and so was his phone screen.

"What do you want?" He practially spat at me.

"I want you to stop walking so fast!" I decided to be just as cruel as he was. 

"I'm not walking fast, you're too fucking slow!"

"Don't swear at me!" I gasped.

"Why not? You're acting like a baby."

"I'm acting like a baby? You're the one whose personality keeps changing!"

His voice was low, his eyes darker. "What do you mean by that?"

"I..." I brushed my hair out of my face, shaking my head. "What I mean is one minute you're all mean, the next you're all nice when we're studying, the next morning you show up and order me around, and then you're a horny little boy, then you're mean again. Then as soon as we start studying, you're nice?!" I threw my arms up in the air for emphasis.

Harry looked like he'd just been slapped on the face. His mouth opened, then it closed. 

He droped the books roughly, and they landed by my feet. "You know what," he said, his voice low, his jaw tense. "Fuck you."

And with that, he turned and walked off.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N; OOOH DRAMA. this isnt even that bad, there's more to come. what do you guys think? thank you to the people commenting on the chapters, they mean alot :)

soo i didn't want aggresive harry to leave so quickly, and i decided he wont. but i feel bad making him this aggressive like i cant imagine harry doing that. gah, must do it for the fictions 

please vote/comment/share i love you all soooooooooo much even though theres like 10 of you :D

school sucked by the way :(

xoxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 4.4K 39
𝑨𝑴𝑩𝑹𝑢𝑺𝑰𝑨 𝑬𝑷𝑯𝑬𝑴𝑰𝑨 𝑷𝑢𝑻𝑻𝑬𝑹; 𝑻𝒉𝒆 π’ˆπ’Šπ’“π’ π’˜π’‰π’ π’π’Šπ’—π’†π’” π’Šπ’” π’Šπ’ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 8𝒕𝒉 π’šπ’†π’‚π’“π’” 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒔𝒉𝒆 π’˜π’Šπ’”π’‰π’†π’… 𝒕𝒐 𝒉�...
962K 25.5K 61
#64 in Romance 08/02/18 #11 in Dark Romance 07/30/18 #18 in Dark Romance 07/20/18 #139 in Dark Romance 07/05/18 #30 in Dark Romance 07/12/18 Amelia: ...
138 16 11
"We're in public," she said with an agitated tone that sounded more forced than her natural bite. "They all know who we are." My lips moved to her e...
1.6K 2 33
(Latin) Adflicto Affligo - to injure, weaken, discourage, damage, break. "The first time I saw you, I remember having this conversation with someone...