The Bet That Broke Me ~ Book•...

Door ERoseAuthor

(BOOK ONE) Highest rank so far #2 in teen fiction This story has been completed but I unpublished chapters b... Meer

The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter One
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Two
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Three
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Four
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Five
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Six
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Seven
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Eight
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Ten
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Eleven
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Twelve
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Thirteen
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Fourteen
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Fifteen
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Sixteen
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Seventeen
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Eighteen
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Nineteen
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Twenty
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Twenty One
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Twenty Two
The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Twenty Three
The Bet That Broke Me Chapter Twenty Four
The Bet athat Broke Me Chapter Twenty Five
The Bet That Broke Me Chapter Twenty Six
The Bet That Broke Me Chapter Twenty Seven
The Bet That Broke Me Chapter Twenty Eight
The Bet That Broke Me : Chapter Twenty Nine
The Bet That Broke Me : Chapter Thirty

The Bet That Broke Me: Chapter Nine

112K 4.3K 1.8K
Door ERoseAuthor

My fingers ran over the soft skin on my bottom lip. I kept swiping it back and forth. He had kissed me. I kissed him. We kissed. I kissed Aiden Parker, and it would never happen again.. Right? I didn't want to kiss Aiden, in fact he'd be the last person I'd choose. If anyone, I'd pick Jake. He's nice and cute. He hasn't slept around, well, at least the didn't think he had. Plus he seemed to care. Aiden didn't. And I wasn't going to fool myself into thinking he did. It was a kiss. A mistake. I was a wreck. I wasn't thinking. I needed someone and he was there. I'm sure if Jake were to replace him in that situation I would have kissed him too.

"So, about this weekend; my mom said that you can come over. We can have a girls night: watch movies, talk, bake cookies and shit. Plus, my brother won't be there so we will have the house to ourself because my parents are going out on business. You can come over after school if yo-"

"He kissed me."

Kelsey got caught mid sentence, "What?"

My fingers brushed against my lip again, "Aiden kissed me."

"What?"

"I kissed him."

She looked at me for a few seconds with nothing more than a blank face. I almost thought she didn't care until her face lit up. "You kisses Aiden Parker!" Her voice came out in a high pitched squeal. Completely embarrassed, I shushed her. I scanned the tables around us to make sure no one was paying attention. I already had the title of the school slut, the news of Aiden and I kissing was the last thing I wanted to be spread around school.

She instantly caught herself. She sat up in her chair while propping her elbows onto the lunch table, "Sorry, but did I hear that correctly?"

"You heard it perfectly."

She continued it gleam at me. "Stop. You're being weird."

She laughed, "I can't believe it. Details now!" Kelsey leaned further onto the table. The details of that night flashed through my mind. There was no way I'd tell her what Hailey and I fought about but I would mention the argument.

I partially filled Kelsey in on the details of that night. I mentioned the argument but not what brought it on, except I did mention Hailey liking Kelsey's brother. I mentioned the cliff as well but I didn't tell her about why I went there.

"So he showed up and thought you were about to kill your self?"

I nodded.

"It's cute and all that he was being protective but how did he even know you were there?"

That was the question I had been asking myself since it happen. How did Aiden know I was there? Was he following me? I didn't notice anyone following me on the drive there. Of course he wasn't following me, it was his place first. He very well could have just been there to get away like me. But he was no where to be seen when I was walking towards the clearing. Plus I didn't see his car. It didn't make sense.

"I don't know."

"Speaking of the Devil," I followed Kelsey's gaze. Walking through the cafeteria doors was Aiden. He scanned the room as he did almost every day, searching for the same person, me. His eyes caught mine and I held a gaze with him for a moment before turning back to Kelsey.

"Don't say anything about it if he comes over here." Of course he was going to come over here.

"Ali,"

"Aiden."

My stomach swirled.

"Hey Aiden." Kelsey beamed up at the dark haired devil. I couldn't see his face because he stood behind me, but I didn't doubt that he was either glaring or staring blankly at the bubbly girl in front of me.

He placed his hand on my lower back, "We need to talk." Instantly, fear flooded my veins.

I glanced back at him.

"Okay." His eyes followed to where I was motioning for him to sit. Instead of sitting down, he grabbed my bag and pulled it over his shoulder.

He looked down at Kelsey who was still staring at him, "In private." I didn't blame him, Kelsey was hard to manage some times. In the short amount of time that I've known her, she talks a lot, stares a lot, and asks questions a lot. Plus, she loved to gossip. I knew she wouldn't go around throwing out my business but I knew she would probably slip up and spill eventually.

I looked at my half full lunch tray before tossing it in the bin. "See you in a bit." Kelsey smiled back as I headed out of the Cafeteria with Aiden by my side. Doing my best to ignore the unwanted attention, I hurried out of the double doors. No matter how many times Aiden walked me to and from class, I don't think I'll ever be able to get used to all the stares and comments from people. Surprisingly, Amber hasn't got ahold of me yet. Surely she would flip her lid. She had a "boyfriend", but that wouldn't keep her from Aiden. Once she saw us together, it would be over for me.

"Eli mentioned that you were going on a date with someone else." His comment caught me off guard. How the hell did Eli know about that? Was Aiden following me. A sudden burst of anger caused me to ball my fists.

"What the hell? I'm not going on a date with anyone but you. And why the hell are your friends stuck up my butt?" Aiden seemed surprised by my sudden confidence. I'd complete forgotten who I'd been talking too.

"Then tell that shrimp dick to stay away from you."

I was taken aback by the name he had given Jake. He didn't even know him. Plus, I wasn't even going to date Jake. Aiden made it clear I had a choice and I chose be with him to get to know him. There was nothing more than that for me. But for Aiden, there obviously was. I knew he was using me but I couldn't figure what for. He knew that I wasn't going to have sex with him, and I knew he wouldn't force me. So if it wasn't sex what else could it be? Aiden was hard and stubborn. He claimed me as his but I knew I could walk away if I wanted too. But there was something about him that drew me in. I wanted to know Aiden Parker, the real Aiden Parker. I wanted to know why he was so cold.

"By the way, even if you take me on dates and hold my hand, I'm still just your friend." Aiden's surprised look contoured into an amused one with a light smirk. His dark eyes were filled with humor, which caused my cheeks to heat up even more.

His fingers grazed the skin on the side of my forehead as he tucked a loose strand of hair behind my ears. My mouth went dry as I waited for him to speak, "Just friends don't make out Ali."

"God I hate when he does stuff like that." Kelsey smiled at my aggravation. The spoon in my hand was turning my knuckles white from where I was gripping it too hard. "This damn ice cream won't come out." I was explaining to her about our conversation earlier. After Aiden made that smart comment he just walked away, but not before placing a quick peck on my forehead.

"Let me help." She took the chocolate mint container away from me and easily scooped it out and into the bowl. Why the hell couldn't it come out easy for me?

"He just walked off."

"I know, you've repeated it five times now." Kelsey handed me back the spoon.

"Ugh." My eyes roamed the huge room, "By the way, why didn't you tell me that you lived in a mansion?" Kelsey's house was the definition of huge. It had six bedrooms and 9.5 baths. Each bedroom had a private bathroom and each level had a main bathroom.  There were three levels, not including the basement.

"Why do you even have a house this big?" Kelsey never mentioned any siblings apart from Jake.

"We have family stay with us a lot."

"Do you bought a house this big just so family could stay with you?"

She shrugged, "My mom is a family person. Only her parents, and sister stay in the house though. My dad's parents get the last room and then whoever else gets the guest house.

"There's a guest house!" She nodded as if it was nothing special.

"Anyways back to Aiden, who is Eli?" The thought of Eli spying on me and Jake crosses my mind again.

"An utter ass, though I don't think he's as bad as Aiden."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
I know this chapter is short but I haven't had much time to write much and I know you all have been waiting for an update, so I wanted to get someone out for you guys. Love you all!

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

4M 86.7K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
572K 51.1K 34
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...
62K 2.6K 37
ᴅɪᴠᴇʀɢᴇɴᴛ; ᴛᴇɴᴅɪɴɢ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴏʀ ᴅᴇᴠᴇʟᴏᴘ ɪɴ ᴅɪꜰꜰᴇʀᴇɴᴛ ᴅɪʀᴇᴄᴛɪᴏɴꜱ.
61.7K 10.3K 71
නුඹ නිසා දැවුණි.....💙 නුඹෙන් මා නිවෙමි......💙