Forever Unfinished // Carl Gr...

By anonfaerie

|Book Two of the 'Forever' trilogy| Sequel to 'Forever Alone // Carl Grimes.' "Your journey will be hard. It... More

~Forever Unfinished~
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Part 2: The Survivors
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Christmas Special: Have A Merry Bloody Christmas
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Part 3: Forever Unfinished
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Epilogue
~ Book 3 ~

Chapter 40

1.2K 49 52
By anonfaerie

Slowly, her eyes opened to a new day. She was surrounded by warmth, his fingertips caressing the smooth skin of her bare hips. Her head was resting in the crook of his neck, his arm wrapped around her and hers lying across his naked torso. She looked around, slightly confused as to where they were until she remembered that they had found a lone house to spend the night in, away from the bussle of the group. She smiled, looking up at Carl who was watching her intently, she could she her reflection in his bright blue eye.

"Mornin'," He mumbeled, a dazed smile on his face. He brushed a stray hair from her face and leaned in slowly, tilting her chin to meet his lips. Lauren bit her lip and smiled.

"Are you proud of yourself, Grimes?" Lauren cocked an eyebrow, a smirk playing on her lips.

"Oh definitely," He pulled her closer.

"How long have you been watching me sleep?" Lauren questioned, her eyebrow raised again but a smile remained on her plump lips, "We probably should have let the group know we're not dead or missing."

"You looked peaceful," Carl shook his head ever so slightly, swiping his thumb over the bare skin of her shoulder, "It's something I haven't seen in awhile."

"I feel happier," Lauren mused, her fingers caressing the chestnut strands of his hair. It had grown considerably since she had reunited with him, now reaching just over his ears, "More.. contented. Three weeks ago it felt like my world had shattered, but our story isn't going to end just yet."

"I don't plan on leaving," He said, his voice raspy. Lauren smiled and rolled on top of him, placing a chaste kiss to his lips before getting up from the bed. She grabbed her bra and picked up Carl's t-shirt and pulled them over her head, the material of the blue shirt reaching just below her bum. She stretched her arms out, her joints cracking, a yawn escaping her lips.

"We need to go do the walk of shame," Lauren chuckled, grabbing a couple hair ties and pins before throwing her long brown hair into a bun. She rubbed the sleep from her eyes, and grabbed her signature black ripped jeans, silently thanking Carol for washing her clothes down by the river.

"Yay," Carl enthused sarcastically, pulling a clean partially sleeved grey shirt over his head. Lauren tossed him a granola bar once she was fully clothed. She tucked a small part of the t-shirt into the front of her jeans and packed whatever was lying around into her and Carl's bags.

She pulled the beat-up denim rucksack over her shoulder, grabbed her machete and bow before descending the stairs with Carl in tow. The sky was a greyish red colour, not offering much warmth. She began walking towards the street and the resteraunt where the others were staying.

"Do you think they'll like Greenview?" Lauren asked, turning her head to look at Carl.

"You know my dad," He sighed, "He'll be skeptical, but he'll realise sooner or later not everyone is looking to kill him."

"I wish there were more examples of good people," Lauren grumbled, mentally cursing all those who tried to kill her and her family.

Rick, Daryl and Glenn stood outside the resteraunt, checking ammunition on their weapons and food stock for the group. Lauren caught Daryl's eye as she approached, he cocked an eyebrow at the pair and Lauren glared. Glenn smiled at Lauren, a smile that always told Lauren she'd have someone to talk to if need be.

"I'd rather if you didn't run off," Rick chasted, "Anything could have happened to you and we wouldn't know if you left, were taken or killed."

"We've survived alone for a long time, Dad," Carl grumbled, rolling his eyes, "We can take care of ourselves. You don't have to lock me in a room to keep me safe. I'm living, Dad. I'm not going to hide away in fear of the dead or the living forever. That's no life for me."

Rick opened his mouth to speak but closed it again, only nodding. Carl grabbed Lauren's arm and pulled her inside the resteraunt. She nodded towards Maggie, Michonne and Carol and Sasha who stood chatting, Maggie holding Judith. Rachel and Jo sat together in a booth packing there meager things into backpacks.

"Hey," Lauren said as she approached. Rachel looked up and smiled, zipping up her bag. She held her machete in one hand, twirling the blade between her finger and the floor. "You looking forward to getting a bed to sleep in?"

"We get rooms?" Jo furrowed his eyebrows.

"Yeah," Lauren laughed softly, "I'm sure you could get one together."

She turned with a wink and pulled the bag further up her shoulders, preparing herself for a long walk ahead. She smiled at Carl, leaning her head on his shoulder.

I love you.

~•~

"I don't like the look of that sky," Lauren said her thoughts aloud, the greying clouds putting her on edge.

"Storms coming," Daryl gruffed, "How much longer to this place?"

"Maybe another half a days walk," Lauren frowned as a miniscule drip of water landed on her head. "We need to find shelter."

She felt a hand on her shoulder and Carl offered her his blue flannel which she gratefully accepted, shrugging the material onto her shoulders with a smile. She tightened her grip on her machete, her bow sitting securely over her shoulder.

"So are you two together again?" Maggie asked, a smile playing on her lips.

"Yes," Carl answered, an awkward feeling descending on him.

"How long did it take you to find her?" Carol questioned.

"Almost two mon-"

"Walkers!" Rick yelled, gripping his hatchet tight in his hands.

Undead approached from the front, the sudden noise drawing more from the forest area. Lauren cursed and launched herself into the fight, bringing her machete down hard on the decaying infected. The group fought in unison, they fought like a family. They covered eachothers weaknesses perfectly.

"More at three o'clock!" Lauren yelled out, conscious of the growing group of undead on her side of the road. Michonne appeared at her side, decapitating the one closest to Lauren. Rain began to fall on the group, growing heavier by the second.

Once the undead were cleared Lauren turned to help the others, she fought hard, her clothes and skin staining with the blood of the dead. A Walker closed in on Jo, only to be soon taken down by Rachel. Rick and Michonne stood alongside eachother, Carol nearby. Daryl, and Glenn took the other side. Maggie stood close to Lauren, three undead closing in on her. She jumped to action, fending off two of the biters while Maggie fought another, her gun going off every couple of seconds. When the second undead fell Lauren turned to see Maggie, her gun out of ammunition. She backed up, tripping on a rock and landing hard on her back end.

"Shit."

Lauren ran forward, the undead falling forward, its teeth chattering as it landed on Maggie. Lauren had already brought her hand back, crashing it into the skull of the infected. It fell limp against Maggie who was breathing hard. Lauren hauled the corpse off Maggie and scanned her for bites. She lay almost frozen, her hands on her stomach almost protectively.

"You're not bit are you?" Lauren said frantically and Maggie shook her head, pushing herself to her feet. She locked eyes with Lauren, who watched her cautiously. Her gaze willed Lauren to stay quiet and she did, nodding silently to her.

"I'm fine," She breathed, "I'll be okay."

Lauren moved closer to her, and whispered.
"Does he know?"

Maggie shook her head.
"Not yet, I only really realised now. I'm about two months."

"Tell him when you get back to Greenview," Lauren smiled, "He'll be so happy, Maggie. Also, congratulations."

Maggie nodded with a small smile. The rain began to pelt down, the drizzle turning into something much more. Rick gestured for everyone to follow and they jogged through the rain, desperatly searching for somewhere to find shelter. Lauren's clothes were stuck to her skin, her jeans completely soaked through.

Thunder boomed loudly in the sky as Rick turned down the small trail to an open field. He yelled over the loud rain, but nobody could hear him. A small farm stood ahead, a large barn sitting in the centre of the area. They all filed into the red wood barn, the smell of old straw filling their nostrils.

"Everyone in?" Rick asked and murmers of 'yeahs' overpowered the sound of heavy breathing and shivering. "It's turning dark anyway so we'll have to spend the night here. Find somewhere comfortable and settle down."

Lauren plonked herself down on a pile of old straw and peeled the water-logged flannel off her. She searched her bag and pulled out some dry clothes. She went into the corner and dressed herself. She left the wet clothes in a pile before pulling on a dry pair of socks. It was moments like those she wished she had a jacket.

Carl wrapped his arms around her from behind, he was already dressed. His hair was stuck to his head, droplets soaking into the neck of his dry t-shirt.
"You're really cold."

"I know," Lauren joked, turning around so she could wrap her hands around his torso, her head buried in the crook of his neck, "At least I have you to warm me up."

At least I have you to warm my heart, to keep away my demons and to be my forever.

You are my soulmate, Carl Grimes.

"No PDA in the barn," Daryl grumbled jokingly from the centre of the barn where he was attempting to start a small fire to cook some food.

"You're gonna burn this barn down, Dixon," Lauren rolled her eyes, moving Carl and her closer to the warmth.

"Yer' a Dixon too, don't last-name me," Daryl glared before returning to his job.

"I found some camping equipment," Carol exclaimed, "I have some sleeping bags and a tent if someone wants to pitch it to get warm."

Carl grabbed a large sleeping back and set it down, gesturing for Lauren to climb inside. He used a pile of straw as a pillow for them both and climbed in next to her, wrapping his arms around her. She shivered but relaxed at his touch. Food was passed around and they all devoured it, the storm still raging outside the barn. Rick and Michonne sat next to eachother, talking. Lauren squinted her eyes observantly.

"I think your Dad and Michonne have a thing," Lauren whispered, turning towards Carl. She buried her head in his neck, her lips brushing against the soft skin.

"I was waiting for that to happen," Carl chuckled, pulling Lauren tighter to him, "Just waiting for Daryl and Carol now."

"I know right!"

Lauren cuddled closer to Carl, her body fitting into every groove of his. She smiled up at him, bringing his lips down to meet her own. One of his hands found her head, his fingers running through her damp hair. Her hand ran under his shirt, tracing the dips and curved of his bones and muscles.

"You are my forever, Carl Grimes."

~•~

FLUFF ( Eww)

And yes Maggie is preggers! Woo
The first like 4 pages of that is filled with ;) ;) hints ;) ;) waiting to see how many people got it .... XD

VOTE AND COMMENT!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.5K 1.4K 67
\Carl Grimes X Reader/ COMPLETE Rewrite is out now "This world was made for us. We were meant to be together. To fight together, to make it through...
39.5K 1.1K 30
"I may have saved her from the monsters that crawl through the dark, but she saved me from the worst monster of all. She rescued me from who I would...
108K 4.1K 33
"Because I needed to put them out of their misery," you respond. His intense, bright, blue eyes. His sleek, long, brown hair. His smile that's hard t...
281K 9.1K 61
32 year-old Y/N was all alone on the streets of Atlanta when a man in a sheriffs uniform trots down the road on top of a horse. She decides to join h...