World meets Percabeth

By writerrr_234

This is a bunch of one shots where people meet the famous Percabeth! This story was originally on my Fanficti... More

Travis Young
Notice
Phoenix Quinn
Trinity Vega
Rebecca (Becca) Santos
Dylan Adams
Keili Jensen
Alyssa Maxwell
Jonah Gallagher
Lillian Gilbert
Kevin Hyland
Amy Lavender
Matt Sloan
Nancy Bobofit
Jamie Hilliker
Aaron Davis
Charity Fieldman
Emmett Oakley
Mollie Fitzpatrick
Fred O'Neil
Bruce Levin
Silena Beauregard
Ellie Callister
Yay
Kristina Primakov
Tagged
Libby Doiron
Zoe Jackson
King of Anything

Santana Ramirez

9.6K 197 110
By writerrr_234

Hey guys! I have three main ideas for some oneshots including this one so stay tuned! I'm super busy this week but I'm still trying to update for you guys. The character in this oneshot is a nurse. I don't know much about hospitals or how they function so if I say something wrong, feel free to politely correct me in the comments. This one is quite a bit linger then all my other ones. Hope you enjoy!

Santana Ramirez's POV:

I sighed. Today was just another day at the hospital where nothing happens. A few people come in for checkups and us nurses check on a few patients. Our hospital wasn't in a very busy area so I didn't expect much to happen on a daily basis. It's not that I don't like my job. I love helping others and I've always wanted to be a nurse, ever since I was a little girl. I love my job but sometimes I feel like they have too many nurses hired and I never do anything. I was roaming around on my break. Today I had checked up on the patients in the cancer section. They were all so cheerful and it made me wonder why people had to get diseases. I checked the black watch that was strapped securely on my wrist. It read one thirty. I switched the direction I was walking in and continued my slow steady pace to the cancer ward.

"Santana Ramirez, Dr. Hua, Griffin Hayes, you are needed in OR" I hear a voice over the speaker system. My eyes widen. Wouldn't they page me? I search my pockets to see that I hadn't put my pager in there this morning. I silently curse myself as I rush to the surgical floor.

I push open the doors and quickly walk over to the front desk of the surgical wing.

"Diana, where am I needed?" I ask urgently.

She checks her computer.

"OR 2" she replies.

"Thanks Diana" I say and take off.

The patients lungs were crushed. He had bruises and cuts, very unstable breathing and to top it off, he was unconscious.

(I'm not a doctor or nurse, I'm a middle school student so I'm going to skip all that technical stuff.)

Sometime during the procedure, the doctors told me that everything was going better and I should check the waiting room for any family members. As soon as I took my mask and gloves, I was greeted by a women who looked a few years younger then me. She was drenched in tears and she looked like a mess. I felt slightly guilty for wishing something to happen other then the usual.

"I assume you're here for the new patient?" I ask.

She nods.

"I-I'm A-Annabeth J-J-Jackson" she wheezes out.

"My name is Santana and I'm a nurse here. Stay calm Annabeth, everything will be alright. He's doing very well. I'm assuming you're his wife?"

She again nods.

"I thought so. Anyways, when he was rushed in, he had very unstable lungs. The right one collapsed and he had multiple cuts and wounds. Not to worry, the doctors are successfully hooking him up to a ventilator which in some ways will breath for him. You can visit soon. But for now, is there anyone you'd like for me to call?"

"Sally Jackson and Paul Blofis, his mom and stepdad" she replies.

I nod.

"Hang tight, Annabeth" I squeeze her shoulder for reassurance and head towards the front desk for Diana to make the call.

After I made sure Diana called his family, I went back to check on the others progress and help out. We finally had him hooked up to the ventilator to stabilize his breathing.

"When will visitors be allowed to see the patient?" I ask for Annabeth's sake.

"In a bit, as long as someone stays for a bit to supervise the patient, Percy's breathing" Dr. Hua answers.

It is only a while later when Annabeth enters. She rapidly goes over to get a chair and brings it over to the bed. She sits down as close as possible and squeezes her husband's hand. She stayed in silence but didn't once take her gaze off of him.

"I can see you really love him" I told her.

She nodded, not daring to pull her eyes off her husband.

"He's been my best friend for 13 years. I can't lose him now" Annabeth's voice was shaky.
I knew she was trying really hard not to cry.

Thriteen years was a long time. She was in her early twenties so she would have met Percy as a young teenager. I'd only met my husband two years before I'd married him and I've known him for roughly seven years now.

"I'm sure there's nothing to worry about. The doctors here are very well trained and have years of experience. Besides, your husband looks like he's a fighter" I assure her.

She smiles slightly.

"Yeah" is all she manages.

I decided she wanted to be alone. I had finished checking up anyways and everything seemed to be fine. I waved goodbye and headed towards the door. As I walk out of the room, I wonder what had happened to him to end up in such a horrible state.

I was checking up on a man in his forties who had been in a car crash a week ago. He had been in a coma ever since his accident and he hasn't had any visitors. He's a John Doe. They haven't found any evidence as to who he is, which really saddens me. My mind wanders off to Annabeth and the events that just occured.

I suddenly might know how her husband got into this condition. I finish up with John Doe and walk back to where the new patient was.

To my relief, she was still there. I walk to where she sat and hover over her.

"Mrs. Jackson? What I'm about to ask you may be very personal and I might be out of my mind. But if I do know the answer, I might be able to really help" I say quietly but strong, looking at her with a serious stare.

She stands up to face me and gives me a questionable look.

"I'll say one word. Judging by your expression, I'll know my answer" I explain.

"Ok" she agrees while nodding.

I take in a deep breath.

"Half-Blood?"

She sucks in some oxygen and her eyes widen, as if she was wondering how a stranger knew about one of her deepest hidden secrets. I could feel the tension floating in the air.

"Yes" she confirms.
"Half-blood."

"I won't tell anyone" I assure her.

She stares at me, still shocked.

"How did you know?" She asks me.

I give her a warm smile.

"I'm one too. My father is the god of medicine, Asclepius" I explain.

She smiles slightly and nods.

"What about you?" I ask.
"It might be too personal, sorry."

She shakes her head, reassuring it was fine.

"I'm a daughter of Athena. My husband, Percy, is the son of Poseidon."

I nod, slightly surprised. I heard something about them a while back.

"How will you be able to help?" She wonders, getting back on topic.

"Ah yes. Before I can help, I need to know one more thing. This might be hard to tell me but what happened to your husband?"

She takes a deep breath.

"It was some kind of sea spirit. I don't exactly remember which one. It was all hazy. I remember something with a sleeping potion" she tells me.

"It's vague but don't rack your brain trying to remember. I just might be able to find something. Follow me" I gesture for her to follow.

She seems hesitant leaving Percy, even though she knew he wouldn't be waking anytime soon.

I walk through the glass doors with Annabeth following. The place I was searching for was located at the other end of the hospital. It would take several minutes just walking in awkward silence but I had been in far more awkward situations then this. The time at my Nana Ramirez's thanksgiving six years ago where I got my head stuck in a turkey... Don't ask. You might say that's not awkward but trust me, once you have your head in a turkey butt, you'll understand.

We finally reach my destination. It was a small office that contained my father's medicine. There were several children of Asclepius and Apollo working at the hospital, believe it or not and we all decided to create this mini storage for medicine. The rest of the staff think it's my office or a janitors closet; either one.

"This is it."

"A medicine storage room especially for demigods" she exclaims.

"Exactly" I nod.

"You can have a seat if you want while I rummage through drawers and shelves" I tell her.

She shakes her head, "No, it would probably be best if I help. It might jog my memory if I see the name of the sea spirit."

It seems like forever since we started searching. I haven't had luck yet. A shimmer of teal catches my eye. Is that... Yes it was!

"Annabeth, I think I found it!" I exclaim, happily.

She rushes over to see what I have in my hand.

"My father, Asclepius as you know is the god of medicine. He discovered a few decades ago how to create a medicine so powerful that it could heal a demigod. It's way stronger then ambrosia and nectar so you only require the smallest drop. If Percy has already had some ambrosia and nectar..."

I look at her to see a nod.

"Then it won't affect it. Don't worry, he won't explode. It's safe since it's made with such pure ingredients that it would only do good for someone" I explain.

"That's fascinating!" She exclaims.

"It's truly remarkable" I agree.

"Just one small drop will do" I say, dropping a the tiniest bit into the cap of the bottle.

We arrive back in Percy's hospital room and I explain to her the instructions.

"You place the medicine on the back of his tongue. If it works properly, it will take an hour to work it's magic" I say.

"Thank you" she thanks.

"No problem. I'm a nurse, it's what I do. Ask me if you have any questions" I say then leave for dinner. I was working a late shift tonight, go figure but that would mean I'd make sure the medicine worked properly.

I finish roughly an hour later. I finish up the last of my pasta and go to find the hospital room. I walk in just in time to see him lift up his head slightly. He groans and lets his head fall back into the bed.

"Where am I?" He asks hazily.

"Seaweed Brain, you scared me to death! I was so worried about you!" She yells, enveloping him in a bone crushing hug.

"I don't remember anything" he tells her, still crushed in the hug.

"You were so hurt. I don't know how a few sea spirits would do it. You defeat Kronos, Gaea and then you almost die by some sea spirits!" She says, as if she couldn't believe it.

Gaea and Kronos?! Wow he is one powerful demigod.

"Seaweed Brain..." Annabeth says, her voice now quiet and soft. She releases from their hug and looks at him in the eyes.

"I could have lost you. I was so scared" she told him.

He gives her a goofy grin.

"Oh come on Wise Girl, did you think you could get rid of me that easily?"

I decided to leave since I felt like I was intruding on a special reunion. They were literally made for each other. Being a nurse is really rewarding when I can help couples and families like that stay together for many more years to come. I've seen many couples reunite after a traumatic experience but this one was by far the best and most rewarding.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.9K 30 19
This is my first fanfic, sorry if it's really cringey!!
37.9K 350 10
{Hey, before reading the description let me warn you I suck at writing descriptions so, just don't mind, okay ? Anyway, here goes my stupid descripti...
783K 10K 33
Hey, it's Percy again. I know what you're thinking: 'not another prophecy!' but luckily for you, this isn't about another quest. It's about mortals...
236K 3.2K 20
A cliché on how demigods meet mortals. The classic crushes and random encounters. Mostly one-shots. Please R&R. This was my first fanfic I had ever w...