THE LIGHTNING ARCHER☇

By DragonWriter95

~ONE young archer with the chance to change his world~ Peter Johnson is tested for his might against the evil... More

Prologue
Abandoning Home
The Floating Islands
The 40 Foot Beast
Our Jungle Escape
Flight To Fury
An Almost Fatal Rescue
A New Friend
The Creation (Part 1)
The Murdered Assassin
The Power of Lightning

The Invasion

466 26 35
By DragonWriter95

"Do I have to?" I said in a lazy tone."

"Yes you do, Peter. Don't make me yell!" my father replied.

He told me to go collect some wheat from our feild.

"Make yourself useful for once Peter," he said, giving me a sickle and a bag.

"Then you can practice archery," in a rather happy tone.

I took the items and left our small cabin. My family has been staying here ever since I was born, and nothing much has changed.

I walked over to the field of wheat and started harvesting the crops.

"How's this for making myself useful," I muttered.

When I was finally finished I started walking back to the cabin, until I noticed smoke rising nearby.

Thinking it was just a nearby cooking fire I continued walking to the cabin to drop off the crops.

"Aaaaaaaaaahh!"

The scream echoed the air. It was followed by more cries of fear.

"Somebody help us!"

I started running to the cabin to notify my family.

As I was running, I saw something menacing.

It was a whole army of dark-armoured soldiers riding on the backs of huge horses

They were carrying weapons almost as big as ship anchors and were throwing torches on every building they saw!

The supposed leader of this crusade was a seven foot giant with a red sash around his armor

I dashed into the cabin, trying to catch my breath.

There's an army attacking the town! What should we do!" I said quickly.

"What?!" Clare said, bewilderedly.

"What's going on!" "What should we do John," my mother said to her husband.

He looked out the window and saw the ferocious army.

"Listen carefully," he said. "All of you go and hide inside our horse carrige and I'll take us to the city gates to escape without them knowing."

"But you'll be killed!" said my mother. "They will see you and capture you".

My father walked over to her and took her by the shoulders.

"If we dont do something now we will all be killed. Our priority is to protect everyone here and get out safely," he said.

We all listened and ran outside to our horse carrige. My father took two of our strongest horses from the stall, fastened them on the reins and sat in the drivers seat.

The rest of the family and I climbed inside of the wagon and covered ourselves with blankets in order to not be seen.

As my father started driving, we felt the bumps of the road making my sister, Clare, slightly uncomfortable.

I silenced her and we all stayed as quiet and still as we could, because we all know what will happen if we did not.

My father came close to a few soldiers by a food store. He tried to steer clear of them, but was spotted just as he is about to escape their view.

They quickly asked for his name and what he was doing.

"My name is John Johnson. I'm a farmer and I'm taking my crops to be sold in marketplace," he told them, anxious to get by.

"Are you sure," said one of the soldiers giving my father a nasty look.

"It doesn't look like it to me," he said again.

"Well that's what it is," said my father.

"Will you just let me go by. I need the money to support my family back home!"

"Well," said the soldier. let me check what you have under here," he said walking over to the wagon.

"Just to see if your not a lying fool," said the soldier even angrier this time.

As he was walking over to the back of the carrige my father acted quickly and grabbed the weapan he was holding and yelled...

"Run! Save yourselves and run!"

Hearing his screams the rest of my family and I lifted the blankets off of our heads and jumped off of the wagon.

The other soldiers grabbed my father, forcing him to let go of the weapon he was fighting over, and knocked him down with one their own, inflicting a large gash on the side of his head.

We ran away from the seen trying to avoid the soldiers.

"I can't go on much longer", said Clare a few minutes into the run.

"We have to keep moving or else we'll be captured by those knights," I said.

More soldiers saw us running and picked up their spears.

One, two, three...

They went by missing only by mere inches.

We were now running even faster, but the soldiers were not far behind.

As we were only in a 30 feet distance from the gates, one of the soldiers threw a spear which hit my mother in the leg, piercing her skin, and causing her to fall down hard.

"No!" I yelled. My mother was on the ground in pain.

I quickly ran up to her.

"Mother! Get up Mother, we need to keep going!"

"Go without me son. I can't continue now. Hurry while you still have time!" she said.

"But I can't!" I said in a quivery voice.

"I still need your help."

"Go my child. Go!" she said.

My mother had always had the sweet charm that warmed my heart. Not like my father.

However, he always knows how to keep me going even when I was in doubt. I just couln't think of losing any of them in my life. Neither did my sister.

I listened to my mother after taking one good glance of her calming face, and caught up with Clare.

"What happened to?" she said in fear. "Are Mother and Father alright?"

Ignoring her questions, I just kept running to where I wanted us to be.

As we were running, a soldier threw an axe directly at me.

I ducked and saw it lodge into the grass right infront of me.

I took it and as my weapon of defence and ran the remaining distance with Clare to the gates.

We reached them just in time, and opened the doors to run out.

Finally, we both slammed the doors shut behind us, and backed away from them.

We heard loud bumps from axes and spears being slamming into the wall behind us.

One even went through, but it missed us.

Clare and I sat against the walls.

We knew that we had to keep going. A gift we had to which we will never forget.

We waited in greif as we heard the chaos that the evil army brought to our town.

We had no idea what to do from here, and all hope had nearly vanished.

Our home that we cherised all our lives is now gone...

____________________________________
§ Thanks for reading and expect more! §

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.6K 101 29
Indulge in a seductive journey through a world of secrets, desires, and illicit passions. This Smut Book is a collection of short stories that explor...
404K 16.9K 123
SYPNOSIS Reading Purifying Love made Rachelle D'magiba feel very insulted. The ending that the author had written didn't go well with her expectation...
433K 16.5K 68
Isabelle loves reading books, especially novels. One time, she read a famous novel called 'Grow Old with You'. Isabelle was betrayed by her sister f...
147K 7.3K 45
My name is Alex Cruz, I'm a omega, so I'm just a punching bag to my pack. But Emma, Queen of werewolves Sam, queen of dragons Winter, queen of vampi...