My Last Request- Newt Death C...

By macaronilove

She chose to leave her safe life and be with a life near death Just to be with him She chose to leave everyth... More

Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
A/N
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
NOTE!
16
17
18
19
20
21
21 pt.2
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
35
36
37
38
TISSUES
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
Epilogue
Final note!! (Important)
Death Cure Movie

34

1.1K 38 2
By macaronilove

"Are you sure this would work?" Angela spoke inside the pile of clothing and grocery supply. She clutched the baby in her tummy. While squeezing themselves inside the shopping cart.

They got each other's names earlier and tried to work out the whole plan.

"Newt, are you sure this would work?" She looked up repeating the question and addressing someone in specific. The piece of bra covering her eyes, slid.

He didn't know the answer. She was sure of it. All he did was nod. Forcing a smile while adding another piece of clothing to completely seal her inside. "We'll try our very best to get you two shanks to that bloody station."

Skylar placed her hand on the cart and gave it a light push. Making sure this would play it cool. "I have something to ask."

"Do the cranks, I mean the other cranks, know if you're a munie or..." She was asking for their protection. And obviously hers also. "and how will they know? Can they smell if a munie is near or do they have this weird sensor?"

"Some of them. Not most. They just know it okay. Also it's pretty obvious to tell if someone is Immune. There are two kinds ." Angela said it as if she was giving an enumeration answer key.

"And what are those two ?" I need this if I want to stay a little bit longer in this game.

On the corner of her eye, there was Newt. He was facing the broken window which was giving him his reflection. She saw his face falling when he and the person inside the mirror met.

Hair filled with boils and incorporated with dirt, skin filled with rashes and scattered with bruise, clothes barely hanging on his skeletal figure, teeth chipped, and his face was painted with his grape eye.

That wasn't the worst scenario. It was what he was looking inside of him was. A crushed spirit? All the terrors he had seen? Lies and False hope?

"There are two kinds of munies" Angela further explained. "Munies that hide. They don't go out facing everything instead they seek their shelter and hide there forever. Once they saw a crank it's moving time, without much moving. They're afraid of what might happen next. The second one is what me and this kid are currently doing. Munies who ran. They get out from their comfort zones and they find something, blend-in, which is rarely to happen, or attack. They are running from something that will never stop chasing them and there's even no point anymore. What happens if they don't continue? If they do what else? And cranks could tell that."

She paused for a moment. That gave her a hard time to think. Was I a munie who hides or the one who rans? I ran. I'm being chased by a haunted pass and I'm just trying to keep this guy alive and sane. But in reality there's no point anymore. I was hiding. Hiding from him. Hiding everything I know and everything I am from him. I know it's not yet the time but suddenly this is giving me a guilty feeling.

"I see" Newt came back and placed his hands on the shopping cart. She saw him catching his breath.

"Let's roll." He made a quick recovery before trailing off and pushing the cart out of Mister Gabby's.

"Play it cool" Skylar addressed them as they step inside the department store. Play it cool.

There was no riot or any shenanigans happening inside. Like her bestfriend was here. The tension. The feeling that someone is always been watching you ready to jump and drag you.

The whole place was scattered with clothes that are tossed everywhere. Mannequins broken down and their body parts were twisted. Jewelry were gone.

Wow. You can take away people's minds but you cannot take away greediness and lust. I mean what else are they going to do with all the jewelry. What's the point? She stopped when she realized that she was sounding like there's no hope anymore.

Suddenly, they all started appearing. Those cranks weren't familiar. They're not their friends. She could tell.

It took her and Newt a moment to realize that the whole department store was invaded by cranks.

They were lucky that the noise here was
bearable. Unlike the cranks from the palace and the forest. Everyone seems to be busy here.

The handle of the cart suddenly shook. She looked back seeing Newt trembling. His face was covered in sweat and his eyes started bulging. No.

"Newt" She was about to grip his arm when he suddenly jolted backward and fell straight towards the floor.

"My b-bloody h-head" His hands were around his temples as he was pushing it together. Please not now Newt.

He compressed his knees and curled into a ball across the tiled floor.

"What's happening?" She could hear Angela whispering inside the cart.

Skylar gave the cart a little push and dived towards Newt. She tried to reach for him. Help him move. Everything he does, even lifting his finger, seems to spend all his effort. Every nerve inside his body was tensed. Saliva was already coming out from his mouth and his veins were either green or violet.

She was reaching for him. Suddenly, his arms shot out from him. "Bloody bliss!"

His claws landed on her wrist scratching it. Shuck it.

Her body jumped away from him and she grabbed her wrist away.

"I-im s-sorry" Newt's hand tried to reach for her. Trembling.

But it landed miserable on the floor, bouncing uncontrollably. "Just p-please. Sky-lar t-the b-bliss." Desperation was an aftertaste on his tone.

How many do I have left? She dug inside her pocket. She felt the small piece of paper inside it again. The one that she forgot to look at or it isn't even important on what's written in that paper. It doesn't matter anyway. All I need to do is to is get through this and maybe find some bliss or a lifetime supply, If I got lucky.

She pulled out one pill and tossed it to him. If there are still any bliss left or if  you two or atleast one of you is still alive by that time. Her subconscious added. While she pushed that thought away like she always did.

Newt acted immediately as soon the bliss made an impact towards the floor. His hands both shot out from him and he swallowed the bliss as if it was the last piece of chocolate in the universe. Swallowing it without anything to push it inside his throat.

"Newt, are you?" Skylar tried to take a step closer from him. Keeping a safe distance.

He crawled towards the nearest clothes line and sat down. Resting his back on the piece of crushed metal.

His forehead trickled with sweat. His mouth was still open and traces of saliva were found. Although, the violet and green veins had miraculously disappeared. Somehow, he looked like he participated in a marathon.

"Get them out'ta er' please." His voice cracked as he spoke. "I'll catch'up with ya'll. I just need to take a bloody recovery."

I don't know about this. She wasn't sure if the bliss was acting inside his body or the flare mutated or was already unbearable that it was fighting the bliss.

"Are you sure you're okay here?" She placed her hands back to the cart. We need to get these guys out of here that's our priority.

Newt closed his eyes and nodded. His head leaned back also, as he was catching his own breath.

Skylar tried to pull herself. She stood up and her eyes scanned the whole area. Making sure if we're safe or if there are any casualties.

Each counter seemed to be clustered with cranks. Or let's just say every corner is clustered with cranks. They're either in groups or on their own. Now where is that? Her eyes tried to stretched from her current position.

Two hundred feet from her lies the beloved counter eighteen. The number "18" barely hanging on it's place.

Luck had hit her that time. There were atleast seventeen or nineteen cranks on the way but it seem to have lesser threat than the other pathways. And there were no crank clusters.

Although it seems like a mini obstacle course. Clothes scattered around and racks. And body parts of some mannequins are laying on it. Well I should be thankful this was the easiest pathway.

She took in a deep breath before making a step. Skylar, you've fought street fights back at the crank place and cranks who eat other cranks. You've made it this far and did things which you don't know that you could do. You can make it without him.

But suddenly something pulled her back from doing so. I'm leaving him behind in this hellhole.

The next thing she knew she was the one to loose control.

Her grip from the cart break loose and she charged her self towards him. Her hands wrapping around his body as she pulled him into a deep embrace.

"Please catch up Newt. Hold it a little longer." I still need you. Please don't leave me. She felt his arms wrapping around her body. His head leaning on his shoulder.

"I would. I won't leave you yet. I would never if I only could." He made a small chuckle trying to light up the scenerio. "Just please promise you would do the same."

They both knew that the odds of a crank going berserk and plucking someone's eye, is high. The fact that they divided gave that chance a little boost.

"I promise" That's all she said before pulling herself away from him. Taking one last look and raising her thumb. As he did the same. It's going to be okay.

I'm not afraid of the responsibility I'm taking and the thing that I'm doing. I'm afraid if what will happen to him. I can't leave Newt alone. Not in this place. Not with his current state.

She went straight forward to the cart and started moving towards counter 18.

Her eyes move around as she took each step. Everyone was busy with their own thing. No one took notice of her. Atleast not yet.

Everything was smooth along the way. 100 feet left.

When suddenly, the cart had stopped moving and Skylar's feet and halted on its tracks. What the shuck.

She slowly moved her eyes. Muscles all tensed and paralyzed.

Behind a huge rack of clothes, tiny fractals of glass were scattered on the floor. Glass that were covered with oozing blood and some sort of goo.

The part that made her stop was the fact that the glass was coming from somewhere. And it made her want to throw up everything she had eaten earlier.

Crickle Crackle. Her eyes moved a little to the right and that's where she saw it.

A five year old girl with pigtails and apron was eating out and chewing glasswares. Her mouth was covered with broken pieces and blood as it spilled inside it. The fact that she was smiling, as she chewed on the broken pieces made her feel worst.

Wrong turn. Wrong turn. She tried to pull her eyes from that horrible scenery. This is the part where I had to face the first monster. First, meaning it's not the only one. But in Minho's movies these guys were the creepiest.

"Carty Warty." Skylar was about to continue when a high pitched voice hovered. Shuck it.

She slowly turned her eyes towards the child. Her bloodshot eyes was glued on the cart her mouth shimmering with ruby red blood as fractals fell from it.

Her glance shifted from the cart. That's when there eyes met.

She could see it inside of them. There was a five year old girl inside that horrific figure. Inside her eyes that girl was screaming for her to help her. To make her body stop doing this. But she was also screaming for her to run.

"Can I borrow your carty warty pretty lady?"  Adding a hysterical laugh.

--------------

Chapter 34!

Well anyways I really promise you'll get some action soon! And Let's all pray for dylan! I know he's recovering but he needs our prayers and support 😊

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

134K 3.5K 28
{Completed} One day while out running in the Maze you come across two mysterious boys who take you on something you had only dreamed about... an esca...
6.7K 108 30
Hi I wrote this fanfic first for myself but I thought why not share it on wattpad for those who want to read it as well? Basically it's a Newt fanfic...
38.9K 1K 31
COMPLETED Book 2/3 The Maze was only the tip of the iceberg as Rose tries desperately to understand who she is and why she's so different from...
254K 6.7K 45
They thought Thomas was the only one who could cure the flare, but there were tales of a savior who could cure full-blown cranks.... even if they wer...