Hetalia Ghoul

By AngelxFlores

° December 25 2018 - #2 in Prucan° °January 5 2019 - #1 in Gerita° °April 24 2019 - #1 in Ameripan° °June 21... More

This is Me
Another One
A Friend
Who's This?
Savior
An Idea
Mask Maker
The Hero
More Information
Hanging Out
Another Day
The One-Eyed
Frog Prince
Problems
The Revenge Deal
The Doctor
The Waiter
Memories and Secrets
Invisible
Gossip
Help
Jealousy
The Rules
The Girl
Clingy
Camera
A Picture
Conversation
Brother
Careful
Suitcase
Protect
Family
Introduction
Blood
Trust
author's note
Suspicion
Child
Love
Investigation
Moving Out
Threat
Fun
Kiss
Stay
#1918
Gáta
Tears
Run Away
Persecution
Cry
Memory
Recall
Worried
Sorry
Warning
Redemption
Plan
Young
Who?

Where Did He Go?

937 43 9
By AngelxFlores

-Ludwig's POV-

"Gilbert... Gilbert where are you? This isn't funny!"

Vather went to work and Gilbert was suppose to be looking after me while I did my homework. I was still doing it either ways, but then I realized Gilbert was gone. I looked around everyone in the house, thinking he was doing some sort of prank. I couldn't find him anywhere. I was only 10, a child. Where did the idiot go? I was worried at this point, but I wouldn't be surprise if he sneak off to his friends. I didn't know what to do, so I just stayed and continue doing my work. I could take care of myself.

It was not long until someone knocked on the door. Guessing it was Gilbert, I rushed to open it. It was not him, but a woman in work clothes similar to vater's and had a serious expression.

"Ludwig Beilschmidt?"

"Y-yes. Who are you? How do you know my name?"

"Is your brother here too?"

"No... I think he went out but he hasn't come back..."

"Oh no...", the women now had a concerned face, "Ludwig, I work with your father from the CCG. I need you to come with me quick,"

"W-why? Is something wrong?"

Vater always goes on missions and comes back safely. This is the first time someone from work had to come to us.

"I'll tell as much as I can when we get in the car. Come on,"

"But what about Gilbert?"

"Others will look for him. Follow me,"

I was reluctant to go without Gilbert, but I had no choice.

As we drove in the women's car, she started to slowly explain what was going on.

Vater was one of the top soldiers in the CCG. He was smart and strong and quick. He always finishes his missions and took down many ghouls. It was dangerous, but he always was brave. I inspired to be like him.

This mission was to finally finish off The Gladiator, a high class ghoul who has been finally located.

We finally got to the building where Vater works at. She took me inside as I watched many soldiers run out. They were probably going to do another job. I continued to follow her. The place was huge. People who were working stopped to look at me. Some smiled and waved, others turned around quickly or frowned.

Finally, she let me sit down outside an office and went inside after knocking. I waited in my seat and got anxious. It was like getting in trouble and waiting to go to the principal's office, except you didn't do anything wrong and don't know why you're here.

A man walked out of the office and looked down at me. He made a small smile. "So you're Alaric's youngest son, huh? You two do seem similar. Come in,"

He opened the door and let me walk through and he followed. The women was already sitting in a chair in front of a desk and let me sit to another one next to her. The man sat down on the other side of the desk and looked at me.

"Well, I'm Arthur Kirkland. I am actually a Comrade of your father. He is a respectable man,"

I nodded and he paused. He leaned forward and put him hands together. He seemed to be thinking of what to say.

Suddenly, another man walked in, "Sir, we got feedback from the mission."

Arthur stood up quickly and whispered to the man. The man nodded and gave him documents and left.

Arthur sighed and went back to sit and started skimming through the papers. His expression was hard to read. He finally stopped and looked at me with worried eyes.

"W-well? Where is Vater?"

"Young man, this is going to be hard to say so listen up. No interruptions,"

I became quiet and looked at the woman who was looking down.

"Alright. From the reports, they claim that The Gladiator was located and your father led the mission to the building he was hiding from. They quickly made a surprise attack and caught him off guard. He as strong and took out many of our soldiers like always. Many ran off to get back-up but Alaric continued to make sure the Gladiator stayed there. Alaric and the ghoul..." Arthur paused. He walked over to me to kneel down and looked at me with his soften eyes.

"Kid, your father was a very brave man. He fought with all his might. He fought up to his limit and beyond. He did everything he could to finally destroy that monster. When they found him, The Gladiator was dead and Alaric was in critical health. When he arrived to an ambulance, it was too late..."

I felt my heart beat faster. I couldn't breathe. It can't be. This must be a mistake.

"I'm sorry,"

I didn't want to cry, but I couldn't help it. The lady tried to comfort me as I shaked and tried to talk through my tears.

"W-what about G-gilbert?..."

"Yes, I've been informed that he wasn't with you. We sent a group to look for him. We haven't received any more news about him. I'm sorry,"

"What am I suppose to do now? My mother died long ago, vater is dead, and Gilbert is missing. I'm all alone..." I started to cry more and covered my eyes to try to stop.

"Hey, you're not alone. We are here for you. If you don't mind, I would gladly take you in," the lady gave me a soft smile and helped me dry my tears.

"Are you sure about that Emma?"

"Of course! I have an older brother and a younger brother! Another one is alright to me! So Ludwig, would you like to stay with me?"

I had to agree. I knew no one else who would take me in. And Emma seemed like someone I could trust on.

Arthur finally started to talk again.

"Well, that's settle. Don't worry kid. I'm sure you're brother will be found soon."
---
I guess 10 years later isn't soon enough. I still remember that day clearly. It seemed like Gilbert had disappear from existence. Nothing was found after that.

I stayed with Emma and her brothers and moved out as soon as I could. I didn't want to take up much of her space and thanked her for everything. I was deeply grateful for her kindness.

And when I did move out, I had started training to be part of the CCG. I guess I did follow my Vater's footsteps. I continue being part of being top of the class. It didn't take long to become an official worker.

Vater's death is still painful, but it hurts more not knowing where Gilbert is. If he even was alive. I try not to think about so much. I just need to know. Where did he go?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 299 10
[DISCONTINUED] GHOUL: {A monster that kills it's prey then eats the human flesh} That's what y/n was, a monster to the eyes of the world. At the ag...
12.4K 557 13
When a not-so-perfect date almost costs you your life, you're unexpectedly rescued by a certain ash blond ghoul, and thrown into a new life at a smal...
36.9K 1.7K 60
Joseph Nelarna was a boy whose existence wasn't supposed to be possible. Ghouls were supposedly extinct for a long time, yet he and his ghoul mother...
38.7K 1.9K 58
- By Writer 'ArMyBebe' Hybrid Geonhak x Reader (mature scenes) Human Youngjo x Reader (no mature scenes) Start: July 2019 End: February 2021 For exc...