Crash Around Me

By taylorbreannexx

In Dillon Texas, a small town where football is absolutely everything. When things start crashing down around... More

You Belong With Me
Unbreakable
Boys of Fall
Fix You
Skinny Love
Fire Meets Gasoline
You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?
All I need
The Only Reason
In My Veins
I Knew You Were Trouble
Loosing Your Memory
End of The Day
Fools
Let's Get It On
Over And Over Again
Elastic Heart
Company You Keep
Girl Crush
Pity Party
Soap
Soap Part 2
Tailgate Town
Wings
Golden
Lightning
Thank U's
Unstoppable
Author's Note

Bed of Lies

286 5 0
By taylorbreannexx

-Paisley's POV-

Hayleigh left and I went over to Matt. I honestly would do anything to be with Matt right now. I just want to hang out with him right now. "Hey Paisley." Matt said smiling.

"Hey Matt want to go do something?" I smiled at him.

He smiled right back at me "Sure what do you want to do?"

"We could go to the store and buy a whole bunch of snacks then go to my house and watch movies." I said.

He smiled at the idea and nodded then ask "Okay sounds great, Can Landry come too?"

"Of course! Let's go." I answered and we went and grabbed a whole bunch of snacks from our local grocery store. We decided to go to my house so afterwards and made some popcorn and put in Ratatouille. It was honestly my favorite movie of all time. I cuddled up to Matt and Landry say on the other side of him.

I was quoting some of the movie and laughing like a child. Matt and Landry would laugh at me at certain parts but I didn't mind it much because I was having a great time. Half way through my Mom walked in and I gasped. I didn't tell my Mom about Matt and I or that Matt and Landry were coming over so I'm cuddling Matt and my Mom just barges in. "Paisley who are your friends?" My Mom sat her things down, she was going to start something I couldn't finish.

"Well this is Landry and that's Matt. I go to school with them." I sat up and said, not cuddling Matt anymore.

"Are you and Matt dating?" my mom asked.

This was embarrassing "Yea..." I said, I couldn't make eye contact anymore.

She walked upstairs to her room, I looked at Matt and Landry and they sat there awkwardly. "Should we go home?" Landry asked slowly.

I didn't want them to but it was the probably for the best. I nodded slowly and helped them grab their things and walked them to their car. We said our goodbyes and I kissed Matt goodbye. I walked back inside and my Mom was waiting for me and said "So Paisley why didn't you ask me if they could come over?"

I shrugged and said "I forgot. I thought it would be okay."

Mom yelled "You forgot but you also thought it would be okay? Okay Paisley well it's not okay. It will never be okay! Two boys in the house by yourself could have led into trouble. Two men equals twice the force which also means you couldn't get out of it and for all I know you could be pregnant now with one of their children." I couldn't believe she just said that. Seriously?!

I then said "I will take whatever tone I want with you! You told me my boyfriend and his best friend are rapists! That's ridiculous. I can't believe you. I'm pretty sure at my age you were pregnant with me and your baby daddy didn't like that so he left you and now you can't find anyone because you let them have sex with you before they even know I exist so once they find out they leave. That's what happens every time so if I can't freaking have someone I can call my boyfriend but you can go out there and have sex with the whole town then what am I supposed to do?! Stay single for my entire life? Yea no that's definitely not happening no matter what you say." I couldn't believe I just said that. I mean she kind of deserved it but man that was really harsh...

My mom then replied "Paisley! I can't believe you just said that...well now I know how you feel about your own mother and sense you won't listen to me and feel the need to talk back, well then I guess I have no choice but to ground you. You can't see Landry or Matt. You can't do anything but go to school and cheer practice."

I then said "You can't do this to me!"

"I can and I think I just did. Now go to your room and do your homework. I know you have it." I groaned and ran up the stairs to my room. I couldn't believe this actually just happened. She wasn't even supposed to be home for another hour or two! Ugh what made her come home so freaking early?

The next day I got up went to school told Matt and Landry how I'm grounded from everything but school and cheer. My mom probably has spies on me so what can I do other than nothing? I went to cheer practice, I saw Hayleigh but Lyla stopped me before I got to her.

"Paisley I heard what happened with your Mom that's pretty rough." Lyla came over and said as she stretched with me.

I sighed not really wanting to talk to anyone "Yea but it's whatever. Things happen I guess..." I sighed switching legs and stretched again.

"Wasn't your Mom at work?" Lyla smirked towards herself after asking.

I was confused as to why and answered "Yea? She wasn't supposed to be home for another two hours."

"I know why she came home early." Callie said, as she walked over to us.

"Oh really." I said, I was so done with this conversation.

"Hayleigh told her, she knew you weren't going to tell your Mom so she thought she should help." Callie sighed.

I didn't want to believe her, this has to be a lie. "Guys I don't believe that for a second, Hayleigh wouldn't do that to me." I said, starting to panic a bit but also didn't want to believe it.

Callie said "Oh come on Paisley, I'm one of Hayleigh's best friends since freshman year. I know exactly what she did, she tells me everything."

Lyla then replied "This is true. I heard Hayleigh even tell Callie today what she did to you. I just don't think Hayleigh is a good friend after that."

I shook my head, no this isn't true I thought "If Hayleigh was a bad friend why didn't she do it to you?!" I said and looked at Callie.

Callie answered "Oh because she knows I'm different than you. She knows I wouldn't tolerate that behavior, I tell my parents everything, also my Mom doesn't care who I date or what I do as long as I use protection. See Paisley I'm different than you, I don't let anyone walk all over me. You're too nice, you do whatever anyone says. Like if I got banned from seeing my boyfriend I would go behind my Moms back and see him at school or say I'm going to Hayleigh's house. But you listen, you listen to every single word your Mommy says to and that's cute in all but that's not a good thing. Learn to stand up for yourself and disobey and maybe Hayleigh wouldn't go and snitch to your Mom about your plans."

I didn't want to be here. I didn't want to see anyone. I felt like I was going to be sick. This is crazy, I looked over at Hayleigh who smiled and waved at me. I smiled and waved back but then looked at Lyla and Callie.

Tessa walked up and smiled "It'll be okay Paisley. She's just a dumb girl in the crowed."

Lyla smiled at us and said "Yea Paisley, Tessa and Callie are right. If you need anyone just know we're here for you. We could all be best friends!"

"I need to go home." I said while I grabbed my stuff and went home. I couldn't believe it. Hayleigh did that to me. I didn't want to believe it but everything in my brain was telling me they were telling the truth. Who does that?! Especially to their so called best friend! I hate her. I don't even want to be on the same cheer team as her anymore, this is crazy!

The day before competition, my mom let me throw a party for good luck. I invited the cheer girls as good luck, I made sure I didn't invite Hayleigh though. I don't want a back stabber at my party. Everyone got here but my Mom noticed Hayleigh wasn't.

"Paisley, where's Hayleigh?" My Mom said, grabbing my arm confused.

I replied "Oh I invited her but I guess she got really busy with homework and everything so it's just everyone else."

My Mom smiled and nodded "You're so sweet for inviting her even though she's busy." My mom hugged me and left the room.

"Okay girls who wants to play truth or dare?" Tessa stood up and asked.

I went over and sat down in the circle filled with girls "Paisley sense this is your party you should go first." Tessa said smiling, Callie and Lyla nodded in agreement.

"So truth or dare?" Callie asked.

"Truth." I said but probably should have picked Dare if Lyla, Callie, and Tessa are asking the questions.

"What are your thoughts about Hayleigh?" Lyla asked.

Oh great I thought and Callie said "Don't sugar coat it either, be 110% honest."

"Oh and no one tell Hayleigh." Tessa explained, probably cause she wanted to tell her herself.

"Well Hayleigh is a nice girl...so I thought. She has so many issues and she's so hateful. She thinks Matt and I are together because of her. She's really judgmental and blames everything that happens on someone else, even if it is her fault. What she did to me was so low and disgraceful I don't even want to call her my best friend anymore. I can't believe she would stab me in the back like that...she says she likes Matt and I together but I guess that was a lie. Everything that comes out of her mouth must be a lie. If I had one thing to say to her right now I would probably say, at least my boyfriend can walk." Okay maybe that was real low but she honestly deserved it for everything she has done.

"You go girl!" Lyla shouted.

"Oh Paisley that was worded greatly." Tessa smirked.

Callie smiled giving us a hug "Don't worry were your new best friends now."

•A.N•

-thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy! :)

-Patti

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

687K 12.2K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...
413K 20.6K 41
"They never thought it would end as it did..." Keenan Lockhart is the star quarter back of his senior football team. He has money, girls, and the goo...
60K 1.6K 27
UNEDITED! "We're just friends, Cam." his eyes go to the left and he avoids my gaze. I walk up to him and he immediately looks up to my eyes, flickeri...
20.5K 184 22
Matt dillon imagines and headcannons