Chaos

veronicasoli tarafından

Taylor's father disappears one day and she takes it upon herself to find him and in the process, she loses al... Daha Fazla

Prologue
I: the reputation that I preserve
II: without my wealth
III: my last shred of pride
IV: you said times change
V: popularity comes at a cost
VI: under the scrunity
VII: never be the same
IX: to love who you don't see
X: my perceived reputation
XI: david's curiosity
XII: the devil of your dreams
XII: how not to be numb
XIV: shocked at your ignorance
XV: all the lies
XVI: trust is never enough
XVII: the meathead seeks meat
XVIII: my hidden shame
XIX: the lover of dreams
XX: one second is all it takes
XXI: to be lost is to be found
XXII: he bulldozed my life
XXIII: my deepest desire
End [Part 1]
XXV: beg for mercy

VIII: in the storm

199 29 12
veronicasoli tarafından

Please, please comment and vote, it's a very excitable mood that it puts me in and makes me want to update more for you guys! Please VOTE and Comment! I love reading them.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

        WE STOOD on the corner of the street, staring at the bright lights and drunk bodies at Stephanie Lawson's house.

        "Let's go." I said, just as I had at the hospital, grabbing Matt's arm and dragging him alongside me.

        "Taylor." He complained. I ignored whatever he said after and continued walking.

        "Taylor." He repeated as I continued my weak attempt at dragging him.

        "Come on, Vanessa is waiting inside!" I laughed, not actually knowing if she was in there.

        "Who?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

        "The girl from the game. . ." I blatantly say, tugging on his arm as he resists.

        "Not my type." He smirks.

        "What's your type then?" I laughed, "come on Matt!" I whined, not leaving any room for argument as he followed behind me.

        This party is lit.

        There were dim lights everywhere as loud music blasted across the street. A fondle of people were squished against each other as others stood by the doorway laughing as they stupidly threw alcoholic drinks at each other. Welcome to highschool.

        "You sure about this Taylor?" Matt seemed to tense up slightly.

        "Let's go Matt!" I laugh wildly, wrapping my hand around his wrist and practically dragging him inside.

        He stood by the doorway, eyes bulging as he stared at the grinding bodies. Maybe not his kind of party.

        "Come on." I said above the noise, my silver blue eyes glimmering as they stared into his. It was dark out and in this time of night, I felt powerful.

        "Taylor, I'm sorry, I don't think I'm have it in me to party tonight. I'm exhausted." He put quotation marks in the air as he said the word party. My jaw almost dropped and hit the ground. Did he just say he didn't want to PARTY? How could anyone not want to party?!

        Parties were meant to be fun, their reputation was known for being filled with drunk morons and fun relations. I kept my eyes trained on him, thoughts of how I easily escaped that hospital room filled me. I was pretty clever sneaking out that place. I didn't actually expect them to let me visit the garden at midnight.

        "Matt. . ." I groaned, following him out of the extravagant house. "You're no fun." I muttered.

        "You're blonde." He smirked cheekily, looking oh so proud of himself. I could see the dark tint under his eyes. He was definitely exhausted after spending the entire day basically taking care of me. He couldn't even come up with anything better than pointing out the color of my hair.

        "Is that supposed to be an insult?" I laughed, "because yes I am blonde."

        "Listen Taylor, you can go inside if you want. I'll just stay out here and wait, it's going to be a long drive home and I might get arrested for stealing a hospital patient." He crossed his arms and stepped away.

        "When did you turn into freaking David." I groaned, staring at him dumbfoundely and tossing my hair over my shoulder. He chuckled slightly, a different color, a darker brown to his eyes.

        "You're no fun." I said, mimicking his action and crossing my arms over my chest.

        "And you already said that." He laughed, "Taylor, I've got an idea."

        "What would that be?" I raised an eyebrow and uncrossed my arms.

        "Close your eyes." He said as I followed along what he asked.

        "What? Why Matt?" I shivered as his hand touched my arm. I didn't realize it was so cold out until the warmth of his touch stung me.

        "Matt?" I opened my eyes widely and gasped, my eyes meeting his. "What are you doing?"

        "I said close your eyes." He smirked, a joking smile in his eyes as he covered ny eyes with his palm. He smelled nice, like soap.

        "And what if I don't?" I laughed, backing away and near the door, ready for some booze. I figured he would pull a David and pretend we were going to do something fun then stuff me in his car and drive me home. David can be such buzzkill and apparently so can Matt.

        "Hey there sweet cheeks." Someone grabbed my waist and pulled me beside the open door of the house. I stood still, making eye contact with Matt as I threw my arms up. The blue cast shining through the dim lighting.

        Come in. I mouthed as he stood there. Staring. Just staring. What I would give to know what goes on in his mind. I turned my head, to look at who had captured me. He had a cheeky grin, then he let go of me to grab the next girl.

        "Taylor!" Steph's perky voice sounded in my ears, "so glad you made it! Where's Jake?" She craned her neck to look around me, searching for my ex-boyfriend. Surely someone like Steph would have heard the news by now. It literally happened at school yesterday.

        "I don't know." I smiled as whoever else now that had grabbed me began kissing my neck. I elbowed the guy, watching him slump over and land on the ground. Drunk. Well, that was easy.

        "Oh, let me know if you see him, I'm so glad you came!" She gushed again, the fake tone of her voice and the annoying smile seeping through her words. I turned around, my eyes meeting Matt's. Who was still standing there like his feet had suddenly become planted to the ground and he could no longer move. Still his brown eyes never left mine as I approached him.

       "Fine. I give up, let's go." I muttered, pushing his shoulder and walking away from him, expecting him to follow, "Come on, it was your idea." I called from far off, I could hear his silent footsteps behind me.

🌹

        "No."

        "Come on Taylor, please."

        "No."

        "Taylor, just try it one time, I won't even bring it up after if you hate it."

        "No."

        "It won't hurt!" He tried as I crossed my arms, staring at the horrible thing.

        "No, I don't think I'm ready for this." I held in a gasp, my voice sounding raspy.

        "Just one time." He said, standing beside the hot dog stand. Yes, this was certainly his idea of something better than the party. Force a girl to eat some nasty street hotdog. I've never eaten anything that came from a street. I groaned, eyeing the juicy red meat in a bun. Okay, it may have looked pretty delicious. But it was also almost morning and there shouldn't be people selling hotdogs this early in the morning.

        We hadn't slept. In fact, he'd decided to drive in circles and walk around the city until his favorite hotdog stand began selling. And now he wanted to force me to try it.

        I looked from the hotdog to his hopeful eyes and back. Expecting to be poisoned and die as soon as the hotdog entered my mouth. I knew I had lost this battle. I looked at the hot food wrapped in foil in my hand, eying the hotdog in my hand and back to Matt. He gestured for me to go on. He seemed overly excited over a simple hotdog. With my good hand, I looked at him.

        "Just so you know, I've never eaten nasty street food before." I looked back at the hotdog and took a bite.

        A splash of tang erupted in my mouth as my eyes widened in surprise, I felt my eyes watering, enjoying the flavor of the hotdog. It couldn't have been any better if it was eaten in heaven. The mouthwatering, delicious hotdog that we had so patiently waited hours for.

I couldn't take my eyes off the thing until it was completely gone.

"I need another one." I told Matt's amused eyes. He shook his head laughing as he gestured to the hot dog stand. There was a line that probably reached Egypt from here. My mouth hung open. This was definately worth the wait.

🥀

        I'm off the cheer team. Officially and sadly. Our captain, Claire Romero's exact words were, "We don't need you dragging us down, you can't do anything with just one hand."

        After my horrible breakup with Jake, everyone had been treating me differently, well almost everyone. It seemed like people had only liked me because I was with Jake, now that I'm not, nobody cares. Nobody dares to spare my feelings or invite me to parties. Maybe they'd heard I downgraded, that my father left our family. I found myself blaming me- had I changed in the span of these few months. Had I become someone unbearable?

        And I had asked if I could rejoin after my wrist heals. She said yes, but I'm not really sure I want to rejoin the cheer squad. It was full of fake bitches that were after multiple varsity guys. I guess that's another comfort that dating Jake had brought me. He was definitely someone I could rely on when asked if I had a boyfriend, and I never had to worry about being set up on random dates like the other girls.

        Anyway, I had always felt like a slut wearing the mini skirt and the short top that barely reached below my ribs. My belly button and most of my back was usually exposed.

        It doesn't bother me though, losing things like my position on the cheer team, my dad, and my boyfriend, that's all in season right now.

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

307K 9.1K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
2.1K 116 30
Scarlet just wants to be left alone and finish high school as she moved away from her home. People at her old school saw her as odd and she only had...
352K 10.7K 44
"Hello Autumn, I don't need to introduce myself cause everybody knows who I am, but I'm Blake." How does he know my name ? He answers my unasked ques...
114K 10.5K 29
Delena is determined to have a good time at summer camp and forget about her backstabbing ex-best-friend Mei. But when Mei shows up at camp too, sudd...