Infinity and Beyond (n.h)

Par doersandbelievers

"Truthfully I could talk about you all day and all night and I'd still have a million more things to say. But... Plus

Prologue
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14:
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Authors Note
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue

Chapter 43

47 1 0
Par doersandbelievers

Chapter 43:

Destiny's POV

"I'm just really nervous." I bite my lip subconsciously, but then stop because I need to keep this lipstick on my lips. I'm on the phone with Louis right before the first performance of the school musical, Into the Woods. Luckily, I got the part and I've put so much work into this up until now, the first performance. 

Louis chuckles softly, "Des, you'll be fine. You're the most talented one out there and you'll do amazing."

I play with the end of my red silk cape and grin to myself, "You promise?" 

"I promise. I need to go now, the lights are turning off. Break a leg!" The line goes dead and I go back to the costume room to put my phone away in my bag. 

Whilst in the room with mirrors covering one wall and a clothing rack on the other, Zach is talking to Haley and Kyle and laughing with them. I persuaded the three to be part of the costume and makeup crew so I wouldn't be in this whole production without one close friend. The boys don't really do anything but costumes for the extras, but Haley is really good at makeup and does a great job with all of the characters. 

"Hey Destiny, are you nervous?" Kyle asks. I shrug and go over to the mirror to gaze at my stage makeup. It's a little darker than my regular skin tone, but that's just because the lights would wash me out if I weren't wearing anything. My lipstick could use another coat. 

Apparently, Haley is already on it, "Here, your lipstick needs another coat," she hands me a black tube of the pale pink lipstick. I thank her and begin to apply another layer. 

"You'll be fine up there. I don't know how you do it, but you're bloody incredible at pretending to be someone else," Zach says, smiling brightly. 

I smack my lips together in a content manner and gaze at Zach through the mirror, grinning as well. "Thank you, but now I better get backstage."

Hugs are exchanged and my nerves seemed to lift away as I go to stage right, waiting for the director to be done speaking to the audience and also for my cue to enter the stage. 

~

About an hour and a half later, all of the cast and crew is back on the stage, bowing and curtseying to the clapping of the audience. Not until now did I find Louis in the crowd. The auditorium is quite large, fitting about a thousand people, and with all of the bright lights I couldn't find him whilst acting on stage. He seemed to be accompanied by Dani and Liam which brightened my mood. To know that they came to see me act in a musical and took time out of their day to just see me really means a lot. 

I love to act on stage. It's quite the exhilarating feeling to be telling a story as a totally different person to an audience. Singing is the only part that makes me nervous due to the fact that my voice wasn't meant for big dramatic songs that require a soprano with strong vibrato. My voice cannot go nearly as high, but I'm working on it. Maybe one day I'll be as good as Zayn. 

Later on, I find myself outside of the auditorium in the entryway among clusters of people. Some congratulate me as I pass by hurriedly, and I thank them and continue on to find Louis, Liam, and Dani. Where could they be?

Luckily, I find a head of brown tousled hair and make my way over to him. His back is turned to me, but Liam is facing in my direction and waves as I come closer to the three. 

"Destiny! You did amazing," Liam compliments me, pulling me into a tight squeeze. I smile brightly, finally feeling as if my family doesn't hate me for once because he's proud. 

Dani nods, "You're voice is so good, I wish I could sing like that." She seems awestruck and I shrug, not knowing exactly how to answer to that. She embraces me as well, but when she pulls back, she looks at me worriedly and places her hands where my ribs stick out. 

"Have you lost weight?" she frowns, mouthing the words to me. I nod tentatively and move from her grasp and over to Louis who hugs me as well. 

"I'm definitely coming to see it again next weekend," he tells me, tapping my nose. 

I shake my head at the boy, "That's your choice, but alright." 

"I'm serious," he raises his eyebrows, "you have some serious talent and I love seeing you do something you love and having such a wonderful time doing it." 

I can't help the smile that grazes my lips, "Thank you, Lou, that means so much to me." 

We're all quiet for a moment, not knowing what to say. Because we all have sort of been drifting from each other, well, Liam and Dani from me, conversation is difficult to think of. Even though he is my father and she's my mother, our relationships are not very tight knit. 

"Well, we should be heading back home," Liam motions his thumb towards the door and places his hand on the small of Dani's back, "see you soon, yeah?" We exchange our goodbyes and Louis and I watch as they exit the building. 

The crowd seems to be thinning out now and Louis and I stand, watching as people pass by. I sigh out of tiredness, acting really exhausts you. 

"Do you want to see backstage? I'm sure my director will be fine with it," I ask Louis, and he nods giddily like a child in a candy store. We share a love for drama, and he hasn't been acting in forever, so I assumed he would enjoy something like this. 

We walk in silence for a while until Louis decides to bring up a touchy topic. "Niall broke up with Tiffany last week." 

My heart clenches at the mention of his name. Niall. I really do miss the boy. Even if I have changed so much, I doubt that he would even want to be with me again because he can't forgive me. A small part of me, however, feels hopeful that if I would go and talk to him, he would possibly forgive me. 

"Why are you telling me this?" I ask the boy as pass through a doorway and climb up stairs onto the stage. Louis looks around in wonder at the massive stage with red velvet curtains. 

He finally turns to me as I stand with my arms crossed over my chest. He looks sort of pitiful for me, but I try to brush his gaze off and stand up straighter with my chin held up. "Destiny, you two were perfect for each other. I know you miss him, and I know he misses you. One of you just need to go to the other, have a conversation, and try to make both of your lives better by getting together again."

I bite my lip and turn to go backstage stage left, he follows me of course. "He hates me, Louis, you know that. He would never in a million years want to get back together with a girl like me," I open another door and show him into the costume and makeup room where a few of the cast members are chatting and taking off their makeup. 

Louis pouts at me and shakes his head in disagreement, "Don't be silly, Niall doesn't hate you. Remember when he said he still loves you? I'm pretty sure that's still true now." 

I take a baby wipe and begin taking my makeup off as well as Louis watches my reflection through the mirror. I try not to let any emotions be seen through my visage because I have no idea how to feel about this. I mean, I never admitted to Niall that I loved him, but I sure did. I just wished I had the guts to call the police on this stalker person and everything would be fine. Everything would be normal and Niall and I would still be together and in love. 

"Why did you even break up with him? I'm just curious because you two seemed to be so head over heels for each other and couldn't imagine why you'd end that," he trails off awkwardly. 

I finish taking off my makeup and go over to the costume rack to put my cape and my dress on my designated hanger. Thankfully, I'm wearing some shorts and a tank top under my dress. Should I tell Louis the whole story? I try to stall by looking like I'm thinking as I slip on my denim jacket and sandals. I pick up my bag as well and motion for Louis to follow me out of the dressing room and out of the auditorium. 

"It's a pretty long story," I begin, once I know that no one is around, "so how about we have lunch over it?" 

He agrees and we exit the building, making our way over to the campus coffee shop that Kyle and I go to regularly. As we walk, I explain the story a little but don't come anywhere near finishing it until we receive our drinks when we're in the restaurant. Since you all know the story, I don't think I need to repeat it. 

Louis listens intently at every little detail. He nods in understanding as I tell him how my life was completely and utterly ruined by my own roommate who was merely a jealous fan. He sits in disbelief for a few moments after I finish my story and just shakes his head at my words. 

"Now I get it," he mumbles to himself and he scratches at his scruff on his jaw. All of this thinking of Niall really has gotten me into a hole. A dark, cold, and lonely hole that I'd like to stay in and wallow in my own emotional pain by myself. Wow, that's depressing. 

"I'm so sorry, Des. I'm honestly speechless over this," he takes a tentative sip of his soft drink. The waitress comes by just now and sets down my plate of salad and his plate with a burger and fries. To be completely honest, the look of his meal sort of ruins my appetite because my head is spinning from the number of calories that are probably in that. 

We don't speak as we eat, mostly because Louis is trying to think of some sort of advice to give me on this problem I'm having. I pick at my salad and don't feel hungry at all, so I pretty much just let it sit there and go on my phone to answer some texts. 

"I think all you need to do is confront Niall about this and explain this whole ordeal to him," Louis tells me once he's finished eating, "I know he'll understand, he's not that mean."

I shrug and sigh out of defeat, "I guess, but I barely have any time to do anything anymore with school and all," I tell him. 

"Is missing a day of classes worth being happy again? Destiny, I know that you've lost a lot of weight, and that's not healthy. I know you're not happy." I freeze at his words and clam up under his concerned gaze. Is it really that noticeable? 

Ashamed, I look down at my plate still full of food and swallow the lump in my throat. I tried so hard to be skinny and beautiful for Niall, and now I'm crying over the fact that I've basically lost thirty pounds over a boy that I'm not even in a relationship with. 

Louis stands up abruptly and pushes his chair in, slapping some pounds down on the table, "Come on, I'm taking you home to talk to him, this needs to stop." 

I look at him like he's crazy and don't move from my spot, "Are you out of your mind? Niall will never forgive me for what I did. Talking won't fix anything."

Louis' shoulders slump and he looks at me pleadingly, "Please, Des, I just want what's best for you." 

The look on his face really does portray defeat. I bite my lip anxiously and stand up out of reluctance. I can't let another person down, especially Louis because he's already done so much for me. I still am highly doubtful that Niall will ever forgive me, but it's worth a try I guess. 

*****

it's been wayyyy too long... oops 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

16.3K 443 22
"Ella, please." He said. "What are you doing here?" I looked at him confused. "Please don't shut me out of your life." "Shut you out of my life? What...
770 74 78
“Are you alright love?” I heard a soft voice say. I looked in the direction where the sound was coming from. A middle-aged woman with a dog was looki...
103K 2.3K 60
PROLOGUE: I can still remember the day I first met Niall Horan, we were just kids and some guy was picking on me the first day of school, of course N...
612 26 58
!!!!!UNEDITED AND CRINGY AFF!!!!!! ______________ I take slow, unsure steps towards him and place my hands on his tense forearm and he softens at my...