I'm Not Okay (rewrite)

By Oolijku

Caroline was almost a normal girl. She had a few friends, but she spent most of her time locked away in her r... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine

Chapter Eleven

53 1 0
By Oolijku

A girlfriend? He was going on a date with his girlfriend? We didn't even technically break up! I sit down on the closed toilet and pick up my razor from the side of the shower. Was I really going to do this? Yes, I was.

"Caroline, please don't do this!" Gerard called from outside the door. It made me a bit happy that he cared, but sad that he cared more than Frank did.

"I have to Gerard! Please understand that!"

"Caroline, just come out!" It was Frank this time. He sounded like he was crying. I'm glad he's sad! He did this to me! I slowly drag the edge of my razor across the soft flesh on my wrist. I've never cut my wrists before, just my hips and thighs. I watch as the crimson blood pours out of me. I make another cut, this one deeper.

"Come out! We can talk about this!" I can hear the sobs in Franks voice.

"Go away! You did this!" I scream at the top of my lungs. I can hear him gasp from outside the door. I hear both boys walk away. I finally feel ok. I just need some space. I cut a few more times, and exit the bathroom. I walk into one of the bedrooms, and see Gerard quietly crying on one of the beds.

"I.. Uh." I start to back towards the door, not wanting to disturb him.

"No, come here." He pats the bed next to him, and I sit down in the spot he offered.

"I'm sorry. It just really upset me that he got over me so quickly." I wipe a tear from my cheek, and feel a drop of blood drip onto my shirt.

"It's ok. If Frank really cared about you in the first place, he wouldn't have let you go so easily." I nod sadly.

"Who is his new girlfriend anyway?"

"She's, um... It's.... I'm sorry Caroline, it's Nelly." Oh my god. I feel like I'm going to be sick.

"But she... I..." I struggle to find words to describe my current situation. Gerard understands, and pulls me into a hug. I actually really like Gerard, but I'm not over Frank. I still want him back. I think. I'm not so sure anymore.

Gerard pulls away, and has a hopeful gleam in his eyes. He leans in, and so do I, and I feel literal sparks. Our lips move in sync, and I feel his tongue gently press against my bottom lip. I grant him access and feel his tongue explore my mouth. We pull away when Frank begins to speak.

"You got over me that easily? For my own best friend?" He speaks bitterly by the door.

"You're talking? You are with Nelly! The girl I've been friends with since sixth grade! I was kidnapped for gods sake! You didn't call or text or look for me! You continued on your normal life, like it was no big deal. You said you loved me! Well, guess what I fucking hate you!" I scream, my face growing red with anger. Frank looks at me confused. He shakes his head sadly, and leaves the room.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that." I apologize to Gerard.

"It's ok. I don't blame you. Why don't I cook us some dinner?" I nod and he leaves the room. I decide to check up on Claire while he's gone.

"Hey." I mutter.

"Oh my god! Where have you been? I thought you went home, but Nelly said you weren't there. You know, she was pretty worried."

"Let's not talk about Nelly. Adam kidnapped me, and I was passed out for two weeks. I'm coming back on tour, but it's gonna be pretty awkward."

"Why would it be awkward?" She is so clueless.

"Well, Frank and I broke up, and then he walked in on me and Gerard making out."

"Omg, why has no one told me this? You and Gerard would make a cute couple. But you would need to control your hair. Brown fluff does NOT match sexy red." I chuckle at her descriptions for our hair.

"Ok, I'll straighten it more often. Happy?"

"Yup. What are you doing right now?"

"Not much. Gerard is cooking dinner, so I'm waiting on him to finish."

"Oh, cool cool. What is he making?"

"No idea. I'm too lazy to go check."

"Seems like you. I have to go, Mikey is taking me out. I'll see you later."

"Bye." I hang up, and see I have a few missed texts from Nelly.

*r u dead. if u r Frank is mine I call him* OMG, rude or nah.

*so you've been gone for like a week, I'm making my move...*

*r u even alive? Ur mom says ur not w her.* wow, the one person I don't want to see is the one who actually wondered where I was.

"CAROLINE, DINNER!" Gerard screams from outside the door. I hop off the bed, and skip into the kitchen. Talking to Claire always puts me in a good mood. Gerard has two bowls of macaroni and cheese at the kitchen table.

"Sorry, it's all we had." He blushes.

"It's fine! I love macaroni and cheese!" I sit down behind one of the bowls, and dig in. It is amazing! Gerard is a great cook, even if it is just macaroni.

"Caroline, can we talk after dinner?" I turn and see Frank entering the kitchen.

"I guess..." I brush him off and continue with my food. I'm so confused right now. Do I like Frank or Gerard? I like Gerard, but I still have feelings for Frank. But today has changed that a lot. Frank left me for Nelly! After two weeks of me being gone, and unable to even call him.

When I finish my dinner, Frank leads me into the living room while Gerard cleans up.

"Are you ok? Let me see your arms." Frank pulls my hands into his lap and examines the cuts I made. "I'm sorry" he whispers.

"It's ok. It's not really your fault, I was just angry."

"Of course it was my fault. I made you do this. I'm not suprised that you hate me. I would hate me too. I do hate me," Frank says his eyes starting to water.

"Are you crying?" I ask.

"No, my allergies are acting up, that's all," He explains, but I can tell that he is lying.

"What are you allergic to? Plant sperm?" I ask with a small smile.

"WHAT?! What did you say?" Frank cries out, suprised.

"Pollen. I said pollen, duh," I say then giggle. Frank narrows his eyes at me and smiles, but his face goes back to serious almost too quickly.

"I'm really sorry, but I think I love Nelly. She's so funny, and beautiful, and amazing. She's so low maintenance and it's great."

"Yeah, I guess I am a lot of work. No guy would ever want this much work for a girl." I smile sadly. Self degrading jokes are always funny, right?

"Well, don't say that! Gerard really likes you! I'm sure he's up for the challenge!" Oh, I'm a challenge. I frown and Frank realizes what he said.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" Frank says apologetically.

"Don't be," I say sadly and walk away. I feel Frank's tattooed hand grab the back of my shirt, but I keep walking. When I reach the door, I open it and it hits Mikey in the face. "Sorry Mikey," I say, then keep walking.

"Where are you going?" He asks, with a slight tone of worry in his voice.

"Don't know," I say and keep walking. Then I realize something and turn around. "Hey Mikey!" I call from the other side of the hotel hallway.

"Yeh?" He calls back.

"When did you get here?"

"Like an hour ago."

"Alright," I say then keep walking until I am standing outside of the hotel in the cool, crisp air of the night. I continue walking down the sidewalk, until I accidentally slam into someone.

"Hey, baby cakes!" I look up to see Adam towering above me.

"Come on! I just got rid of you! Why won't you just leave me alone?" I whine.

"Because we're in love, sugar." He seems confused at my outburst.

"Just leave me alone!" I turn and walk back towards the hotel. Anythings better than Adam.

"Come back, babe! Let's talk about this!" I feel tears spill onto my cheeks, and slide down my face. Why won't this stalker just leave me alone? He's the one that broke up with me! He said we were growing apart. It didn't seem like it to me, but I couldn't protest. I had wanted to leave him, so I was actually a bit happy he decided to dump me.

I push both doors to the hotel entrance open, making myself seem as sassy as possible. I see Ray and Claire at the reception desk, so I approach them.

"Hey Caroline! Are you ok? Why were you crying?" Claire questions, while hugging me tightly.

"I'm fine. I just missed you is all. You know, you've always been like a younger sister to me. I really care about you."

"Aww, you're so sweet." Ray mocks in a high-pitched voice.

"Shut up fro. I missed you too." I engulf Ray in a hug, and I feel his curly hair tickle my neck.

"And I missed you, short stack." I pull away and smile at my friend. I should go say hi to Mikey before he leaves with Claire, I've missed him too, plus I was pretty rude earlier. I take the elevator to our floor, and enter the room. I see the guys gathered at the windows, looking down at something on the street.

"What are you looking at?" I ask, walking towards the window.

"Some dude. His dog just pooped on some ladie's shoes" Mikey explains.

" I'm gonna go get Claire," I say, then run out of the room. I run into Claire and Ray who are coming out of the elevator looking at something on Claire's phone. I grab Claire and pulled her into the room and point to the window. She looks down and immediately spots the man and his dog, who have just walked away from the lady with poop shoes. She pushes Gerard and Frank out of the way, then opens the window.

"YOU DROPPED YOUR WALLET!" She screamed down at the man then slammed the window and started laughing. "Ah, memories," she says, smiling. I give her a high-five and smile. I look back down at the street and see Adam standing outside looking directly at me.

"Shit," I say under my breath. After Ray walks in the room, I lock the room door and pull the shades over the windows. Gerard grabs my shoulder.

"Hey, what's wrong?" He asks with a worried expression.

"It's...nothing. Just, nothing," I say then fall into Gerard's arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 108 30
Frank Iero is the new gay kid. At his old school, he got bullied for being gay. His parents are getting a divorce. Now that he's got a new start, he'...
7.3K 374 33
Isabella Iero just moves in with her brother Frank Iero , she loves hanging out with him and his band mates, but will eveything be the same when she...
261 110 55
Reese always felt different. She thought she'd never be able to be normal. Then, she met Mikey Way. He took her from where she was and introduced her...
13.3K 457 22
21 year old Gerard has a near perfect life. He has a loving and accepting father, his own apartment, an impressive art portfolio and even a short tat...