The Rebound.

By Elle_hcim08

Hello guys! !:}} Okay, so after thinking about a lot of things, i came up with an idea for this story. It wil... More

The Rebound.
Introduction: YOLO
Trespass.
Sneaky Sneaky.
Meet Libby.
Last day.
The disguise.
Me and the magazine.
Saturday night.
Uh-oh!
A date?.
Peaches.
Hear it from Cooper.
Teehee.
Girlfriend.
The Untold.
Don't save me.
I'm free.
Welcome to our world.
Time to spill the beans.
This is it.
No memory.
Trouble.
Plan B.
The evil behind.
Trip.
Meet the parents!.
The rebel.
On hold.
It gets weirder by the day.
So near yet so far.
Who is Ulrich?
Small world.
Is it real?
The truth.
What happened.
Bliss.
Back to the real world.
Who you are.
Mrs. Rueford
Prince Apollo.
And she's back.
Awkward.
Pls read.
Where do I stand?
Closure.
Trouble.
Confrontation.
Parental Guidance is advised.
When it rains, it pours.
Welcome Home.
Sneaking.
My choice.
Turning point.
Back to life.
Annual banquet.
War zone.
Falling apart.
Epilogue.

Untitled.

2.9K 94 40
By Elle_hcim08

*This chapter is divided in Sadie and Chelsey's POV. Cooper's POV as requested will be on for the next chapter. Love you much guys! Thanks for your continued support on this. Sorry for the errors! Peace out! :}}

Sadie's POV.

<<>>

I woke up blinded by the bright lights from the ceiling. I took a moment to adjust to it until I could properly open my eyes. I looked around still a little blurry and figured I was laying down in a hospital bed. I moved a little swiftly and slowly to my side as I heard a little crack on my back that made me yelp a little in pain.

I blinked a few more times until my vision was clear and saw my hands with some dextrose on it. To my left was a table with a lot of stuff in it. Flowers, fruits, some balloons and cards and post-it's plastered on the wall.

To my right was a long brown leather couch and another table and I slowly moved my body up so I could at least sit down and when I did, I realized I was in a wide room, not a regular ward. There was a glass in between the whole room, and outside was a space wide with an LCD television set with couches and another door on the other side which is likely to be the bathroom.

I looked over at the wall clock and it was 1 in the afternoon. I wonder how long I've gone to sleep. I feel a lot better though and I feel like I've rested long enough though I've got minor back pains. Slowly, the events from the last time I was awake started to dawn at me and remember being in a stretcher.

I slowly took off my sheet and got down slowly as I could and approached the table beside, I scanned through the cards and notes and read em' one by one. Sweet nothings of get well and see you soon were heart warming enough from my colleagues from the resto's to the production team. The cards were from Emma and another from Candice.

The other was from the orphanage and the head of our foundation.

I started to wonder, was it that bad? I mean, what happened when I collapsed anyway?. I shrugged the thought off thinking I would get a chance to ask the doctors later. I drank up some water and walked quicker this time outside but I guess my arrogance went too much that I tripped and fell on my knees.

That's when I heard the door open and I looked up to see Avie and Lexi just as stunned as I am. They rushed to help me up and settle me back in bed.

"You're up! Finally!" Lexi said out of relief.

"I'm so glad you're awake now." Avie continued as I try and process what's going on.

"I'm sorry but I don't quite understand the fuss about it." I said honestly and Lexi looked at Avie with confusion. What is Avie doing here anyway? I thought as they exchange looks.

"How long have I been here? What happened? Where's Candice?" I asked and they looked at each other even more strange. Finally Lexi sighed a big one and faced me once again.

"You've been in a coma for a week Sadie. You suffered a severe asthma attack and you scared the hell out of us." She said.

"A week?" I asked in disbelief as they both nod their heads.

"What matters now is you're awake and you're well but please Sadie, please don't let there be a next time." She said worriedly as she pulls my head in a hug and I was still left dazed about the length of my slumber.

"They just took off your breather machine yesterday cause you were able to breathe on your own. I have a lot of concerns but right now I'm so glad you're safe." She continued.

"Damn your peaches, you never should've gotten out that very night! And why the hell didn't you call!!" She said uncontrollably speaking of the attack I suppose.

"It wasn't really a big deal and besides. They came for me." I said pointing out to Avie and that got her even madder.

"You're really crazy! You could've been seriously hurt out there or even killed. What if they didn't come huh? geez Sadie, you're gonna get me wrinkled too early. You got your aunt Emma worried as hell too and she never left your side. We only convinced her to go home just this morning."

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. I'm sorry I didn't know it was gonna get this far. I'm sorry I got you worried and I promise to be more careful this time." I said.

They then continued to tell me that my roomie brought me here and sent a message to Lexi through my phone, who then called Emma and word got out since then. They said they couldn't find my so called roomie around since she had to fly out somewhere for work but wanted me to know how much she badly wants to stay and I understand since she probably figured out that Avie will be somehow involved and it's safer for her to go unseen at the moment.

Avie also told me they reported what happened outside the grocery shop and thankfully there was a cctv around the area that was used as evidence against those bastards, turns out those guys have their own records for robbery, assault and even murder for that matter. And turns out, I wasn't the first victim. There were a lot more ladies who were even raped and left for dead. After hearing all of the facts, I felt really lucky that I escaped it, thanks to the good Samaritans who came to my aid.

Later on Shelby and Eiffer and Enzo came and asked how I was doing. According to them police are now on the hunt for the perps. I thanked them again and again for saving me and again and again they told me not to worry about it. Avie even apologized, saying she should've insisted me to go to the hospital cause she felt like something was really wrong with me that night but I told her it's not her fault cause it was my own choice.

They find it weird that my roomie isn't around but I made them understand that it's okay cause her job requires her out of town most of the time though I didn't elaborate on that and they didn't push the subject any further.

The doctor and some nurse came in and did their checking.

"Your bruises were photographed for police files and your back suffered minor fractures but repairable. I'll give you another 24 hours close monitoring and maybe tomorrow you can go home and get your life back" The doctor said positively as I smile and thank him.

"Doctor, is it really possible to fall into a coma in my case?" I asked curiously as he nods.

"Your brain lacked oxygen that led to your coma, you can't take your asthma for granted. I know you've been doing well, but you have to be more careful this time and not excessively push yourself too much. One thing more, you'll be needing your inhaler again." He explained.

"I gave that up in a very long time now."'I said frowning a little. I don't like depending on that puffer to breathe.

"Like I said, you can't take it for granted. This time you need it again and then I'll be prescribing you meds you're gonna have to take. Now, you rest and catch up with your friends." He said and left the room.

Enzo and Eiffer later on left for work and Avie and Lexi stayed. They insisted staying though I told them they don't need to cause I'll be fine on my own and I don't want to be hassle on their own work but they won't budge.

We ate up as we talk about current events. They filled me up with what's been going around lately. I realized how normal Averine is to be around. Like we've known each other for a very long time already.

I was thinking of a way to repay Avie when I thought of something good. I mean, I can't give anything cause they sure have everything and whatever gift I will give, I'm sure they can afford it so I came up with one thing.

"For Lily's birthday, I'll do it for free. It's all on me so you can discard the cost of it and not worry about it"

"Thanks but I wouldn't want to accept that. It's your job and I hired you and there's no way I will let you do it for free, if you're thinking about us saving your life, your gratitude is enough, you don't have to give something back." She said.

I've always thought that nothing is ever free in this world. Everything comes with a price and I'm not the type who really wants to do nothing after being saved or being helped in any way, I always ought to give something back to that person and I'm not about to break it now. Call it my pride, but I never wanna owe somebody something.

"I insist. It's the only way I could think of and besides, it's nothing compared to what your husband and Enzo has done for me." I said as she frowns.

"I don't really think that's necessary, had it been somebody else, we wouldn't ask for anything in return."

"You're not asking, so I'm offering." I said not wanting to back down. She seemed to want to stand her ground until Lexi butt in between.

"Even if you disagree, she won't take your payment so I suggest you cave in to this stubborn ass cause she won't budge ever." She said smirking at me sarcastically.

Avie later on sighed, and then looked at me before nodding.

"As much as I don't want to, fine, I won't pay you." She said making me smile and laugh a little. No one ever won over my stubbornness. I guess it's in me.

"No arguments then. And Lex, the bills, you can just cash them out on my card. I don't know why Candice brought me to this expensive hospital when there's one nearer my place." I said calculating how much it would cost me.

I have a budget as you can see. Before I left the island I already set aside some for the children of the unknown island, I've been exchanging mails with Rick so he could update me about them and I wouldn't want to touch the money but I guess I'll just cash that out on my next pay day.

I also have the orphanage to think about and I wouldn't want to cut off my budget for them as well. Whew! Anyway, it's just money, I'll earn it back.

"When you look like that, I know you're thinking of financial concerns but right now, can you drop worries about money, geez Sadie, you just woke up from a coma to be thinking of those things." She said snapping me out of my thoughts while Avie chuckles a little on the other side.

"Yes ma'am!" I said sarcastically.

"Your bills are fully paid. And for your information, your roomie brought you to the nearest hospital, then sent me a message and we transferred you the next day here." She explained.

"You met Candice?" I asked and she nodded.

"Yeah, she's a bit weird, she left after leaving your valuables, she needed to go somewhere for work as she wrote it in a paper. I didn't know she's mute. I called up your aunt Emma who came rushing back and then a certain Libby kept calling you, so I told her what happened and minutes later she and Cooper came busting in the hospital. It was Cooper who asked for your transfer, he said you'd be better taken cared of here." She explained. I was glad Chelsey didn't forget that I introduced her to Libby as a mute.

Cooper? I thought. He came for me? I felt that familiar joy upon hearing his name, thank heavens I didn't bump my head or something and woke up without a memory. I know I woke up from a long slumber and I should be thinking of things more important but when you say Cooper, it just feels soothing. Like there's no other feeling than happiness inside me.

But of course I wouldn't show that. I'm smart enough to act normal about things, like its nothing.

"I called up Libby to ask about something and then she told me what happened so I came rushing cause I know it was because of what happened in the parking lot, we we're really worried sick." Avie said with pure sincerity. Not 2 faced and I like her even better now.

"Okay so who paid the bills? You said it's fully paid already." I said and Lexi rolled her eyes at me.

"Didn't I just tell you to quit worrying about money! Geez!. Sadie were talking about your near death stuff here." She scolded me sounding so annoyed and she could get really monstrous when she's annoyed so I put my hands up to surrender.

"Okay, okay, I won't ask about it anymore."

"It was Cooper who paid. Just so you know" she answered and then my heart fell flat. Why would he pay for my bills? I don't know what to think of that but I'm gonna have to clear that up soon. As of now, I should be calmed and not worry about things too much or every one else around me will get pissed.

"But why would he do that." I blurted out unable to control my curiosity. I didn't know I said it aloud though.

"He wants the best treatment for you, after all, he was the last person you were with and he said its his fault you had colds." Avie explained and I gave her a look of annoyance.

"No it's not his fault, it was entirely my choice to dip in." I said making Avie chuckle a little bit.

"Sadie, that's Cooper, and he's just really a very generous person and he kind of has this attitude of taking responsibility for things even though it's not entirely his fault." She explained.

I didn't know that. But hell, it's too much and like I said awhile ago, I don't like owing someone something, even if that person is Cooper Rueford. Specially not him .

"We we're a little shocked to hear he's dating, we didn't know it was you." Avie continued with her sparkling eyes. I gave her a baffled look though.

"We're not dating. We just went to have some dinner" I said and they both laugh at me shaking their heads off.

"To us, it's dating." Lexi said and I dropped the subject off. Yes, I know it was a date but I don't really wanna read a lot into it since I don't even know where I stand.

"Guys, we're just friends" I said rolling my eyes.

"Whatever you say" Lexi said in a whisper.

In a matter of 15 minutes, Emma came busting in the door like she hasn't seen me in forever, she cried as she ran to me and cradled me like I was a baby. I was squeezed really hard. I let her school me about getting out late at night unaccompanied, and I let her school me about taking care of myself and asked me to join some judo classes to learn self defense, that I shouldn't have let that slip away and should have checked myself in the hospital right away.

I let her vent out her frustrations and release her worry until she felt better. That's how parents are, that's how worried people can be and I completely understand. That's how Emma is and I love her for that. I love that she sees me as her own.

Avie said her good bye and so as Lexi. Emma stayed up for a long while before I finally convinced her to go home and take a rest since she's been staying here for a week and I don't wanna burden her no more now that I'm awake. She insisted but I persuaded her that I'll be fine and I'll give her a call as soon as I'm home. She didn't want to go but I had to make her cause I don't want her to worry too much.

Thankfully the nurses asked for her to go home too since they needed me to take some rest to recover fully. I took some meds and later dozed off for a nap and when I woke up, I saw a figure standing over the window looking out. I knew it was Cooper, I guess I already memorized his back figure since I've been gawking at it since the first day I saw him and I was doing it again now for some reason. I smiled and chuckled to myself and gawked at him for awhile before taming myself down.

"Hey you." I said and he quickly turns around and rushes to my side with a big smile on his face. I missed that. I know it's been like 24 hours to me but I already missed it. Crazy right?.

"Hey red nose." He said pointing at my nose lightly.

"Is it still red? I'm not having colds anymore." I said as I rub it off. He chuckled a little and pulled up chair, flips it and sits down.

"Still red to me. How are you sleeping beauty?" He asked scanning my face over then I felt the sudden consciousness, I haven't even looked at myself in the mirror.

"I just woke up, and I smell bad but I'm okay, thanks for asking." I said distancing myself a little away from him thinking I might smell really awful and he'd be turned off. He seemed to have noticed it and scooted his chair closer this time.

"You don't smell bad and you look pale but you're still beautiful." His hand trailed on the side of my cheek making me face him. His thumb then brushed the little mark of the side of my lip.

"Next time you want peaches in the middle of the night, give me a call okay?" He says as he eyes me with so much concern and with so much tenderness and softness in his voice.

I smiled and felt that moment of care before speaking up.

"It weren't for me though." I said smiling as he looks back into my eyes and we get stuck in that staring game once again.

"But if you need to, just tell me." He said as I nod slightly and smile.

"Aye aye blue eyes!" I said cheering the mood up and my tummy rumbled at the same time making it known to me that I haven't had anything and I'm starving.

"And that tummy should be fed." Cooper said pointing to it and standing up to take out something from a bag. There was a lot to choose from.

"I didn't know what you want so I got all I could carry in my hands." He said winking back as I gawk at the food, I was so lost in his sight that I failed to even notice there were a lot laying around. There were pizza boxes with different flavors, some burger, there was even some salad, and a lot more I couldn't name.

"Cooper, its too much!"

"What do you wanna eat?" He asked ignoring my remark, I looked at him as he looks back thoughtfully so I shrugged my insights and chose some salad. He helped me sit up and carefully handed me over a bowl.

"I didn't think you're crazier than me, you know. And Cooper, about the bills, send me the receipt so I can pay you back" I said as he seemed to ignore my last statement.

"Just eat and get well okay." He said looking at me so seriously this time so I caved in and indulged in some food.

I ate a lot mind you, and Cooper was amazed as I was. Hell, I've been sleeping around for a week and there's no way I wanna lose some weight which I already probably have. The food left, I genuinely asked if we could just give it to the nurses and staff, he thought the same too and later on, they started emptying the tables with quick glances at me and Cooper. But of course, it's no other than Cooper Rueford.

I rested for awhile and Cooper excused himself to make some call saying he'll be back in a sec. When the door closed, I couldn't help but smile, even after the unfortunate events that happened in my life lately, he came in my life and he's here now, and that's all that matters.

I don't know why I feel strangely and strongly attracted to him, like I have nothing to worry about. It's really ridiculous for me to even think about it, right?.

I don't know how long I was drowning in my thoughts, next thing I knew, Cooper was back beside me and sat on the chair as he slowly pulls out my hand and puts it in his. Doesn't this gorgeous Adonis got work to do? Yet he's still here with me. I thought maybe it's his guilt. His guilt trip. Ya know, cause he was the last I was with that night.

I smiled my smile as he looks at me a little worried.

"What's the matter?"

"The cops are coming over and they will be asking questions. They've got the evidence, they've got witnesses, but they need your final statement. But if you're not ready to talk about it yet, I could ask them to move it to another date instead." He said carefully as he could and I was deeply touched by the gesture and the sensitivity he has for what had happened but I gave him my bubbly laugh and smiled widely as I could.

"I'm fine Cooper. Let's get this over with and done cause I just wanna move on from it." I said positively as he eyes me for awhile with the same amusement and amazement.

"You're really tough you know." He said in admiration and I smiled again with a nod.

"It's not like I have a choice. I'm not really the frail fragile kind, I've been through worse than this and I always keep in mind to remain positive and when something bad happens, I let it go as soon as I could and move on. It's life." I explained in all honesty.

I wouldn't be moping around here relieving the events over and over again or cry over it again and again. In my life, I've learned not to cry out loud, once is enough and then I get up and smile even though its forced and move along.

That's why I am perceived to be the bubbly tough Sadie, cause they never once saw me get upset over something for too long, at least I'm good at hiding, it's my defense mechanism. My positive outlook is just a bonus.

"You really surprise me you know."

"I'm glad I do, at least I'm not that predictable even though I could be transparent as you put it." I said quoting the word transparent in the air.

"You can say that."

"I've been wondering for the last few days why you would drive all the way to that shop in the middle of the night to get peaches, couldn't that wait till the morning?"

"It was for Candice, she's.." I paused debating mentally whether or not I should tell him about her condition but he never met her anyway and never saw her so I guess it's safe enough or not.

"She really wanted it badly and I presented to get her some." I said but he didn't look satisfied with my answer though.

"Speaking of her, she never came and visit, what's her work anyway?"

"Well.. she, uhmm, she works for some organization dealing with isolated cases in some parts of the world, cases she can't talk to me about since its highly confidential. She travels a lot and when they need her, she has to be there. Any time any where so yeah, that explains her absence." I said finding it easier to lie about it. I have no choice but to stand by it.

He nodded his head.

"I see, I was hoping to meet her though."

"There's always a next time." I said.

When I checked on my phone, Chelsey sent me messages hoping to hear from me and all, I replied quickly that I'm up and well and that I'll see her soon. She also told me she had already. She said we'll just catch up soon and showered me with her apologies and concern.

I understand her situation though. It would be too risky for her if she'd been sticking around. Its just sad that when I get home, she won't be around anymore.

"Hey, you okay?" Cooper said snapping me out of my thoughts about it. I looked at him and forced a smile.

"Yeah, I'm fine, why?"

"You frowned, I saw it. Wanna talk about it?" he asked making me sigh.

"Its just sad that I'll be going home and she won't be there anymore."

"Yeah, I remember you said she's relocating in Timbuktu but I didn't think it would be too soon." He said creasing his brows.

"So, she's in Timbuktu now?" he continued making me alertly think of another lie.

"No, I mean, yes, she's going there soon but she's staying out now and shipped her things in Timbuktu, she's probably staying in hotels, depending on their location"

"So it's gonna be you on your own." He said and I nodded.

"I'll get used to it." I said hoping I really would. It's kind of hard to adjust again, that's why I hate having roomies, I hate attachments cause you know, it's always hard to get out of what you were used to but it's life, we always gotta move along and move on.

"You seem to easily adapt on things." He commented and I gave him a nod indicating a yes. Indeed I am. Because that's what I've been doing since I was a child. I grew into it.

The knock on the door interrupted and some FBI guys came over for the interview. It wouldn't be hard telling them cause I remember every single detail of it. Things like that, I don't and won't forget in a lifetime. I may move on but I never forget.

They both looked at Cooper who stood there still.

"He can stay."

"Yeah, cause I wanna hear every single detail of what happened that night. Everything." He said with such fuming anger in the side of his eyes. There was fury in them that I noticed.

So they got comfortable as I slowly and in details told them about what happened.

"Peaches couldn't wait till the morning?" The detective asked and I released another sigh, I've been hearing that all the time since I woke up but seeing as it would be ridiculous to tell them a lie, I just gave in.

"She's pregnant and she was craving for it, she couldn't sleep without having a slice of peaches and it's been her comfort food." I said glancing at the side of my eyes looking at Cooper who was finally satisfied with the answer I gave this time but he had a mix of confusion in his look.

When all questions were done, they got up telling me they will let me know about the case. I didn't wanna know ho many they victimized, I just want them behind bars so as not to harm any one else.

"What's the latest with these perps?" Cooper asked.

"We got 2 of them, but not the leader of their little group. They claim they didn't do anything but stayed there playing with their guns and in the cctv, it pretty much was it, they were audiences." The officer said.

They had everything to do with it. They could've stopped it, instead, they just sat there and watched like a film was rolling in front of them.

"Yet that doesn't make a difference, they were there." Cooper said sternly and the detective nodded his head.

"Absolutely."

A nurse came in with a doctor to greet them and handed over a copy of my x-ray, my medical certificate and documents. In the last envelope were the photos.

"These are the photos taken after she was brought in. And yes, the cause of her asthma attack was that of the beatings she received. I'm willing to testify in any time." The doctor said.

Cooper took out the photos and scanned through them as the doctor explained them. Cooper stood there still as he listens and sternly looks at the pictures. Gone was the easy going smiley blue eyes. He was like transformed into a dictator.

His fists were balled up though they were crossed in his hard rock chest. I just sat there and listen not paying too much attention to the pictures, I hope they're gone by now though.

After all the formalities, they eventually all left leaving Cooper and me once again. It was already night time and he was also advised not to stay too late. He came around and I remained with a smile. He stared for awhile and probably made sure I was alright about the process.

"Cooper, thanks."

"What for?"

"For everything, for being here." I said.

"Anytime."

"Cooper, one thing more, hmm, about the payment for my stay here, if you think I'm really transparent then you know I will insist on paying you back right." I said.

He chuckled lightly and there was his smile back.

"I don't want your money Sadie Kiara". He said making me a little dumbfounded upon hearing my whole name being said. If it had been someone else, I would have flipped out in saying not to call me that again but with him saying it, it sounded really really sweet in my ears like nothing could go wrong. Why! Now, I'm beginning to hate myself for this.

"I don't want your money either" I retorted making him break out in a laugh.

"And I know you will insist paying me back so I thought of an alternative instead." He said and I creased my brows at him.

"What's in it for me?"

"Be my personal chef for a month." He said reminding me when we first met, I recalled the days in my head and smiled looking at him probably thinking of the same thing.

"That wouldn't be enough to pay my dues." I said and then he frowned a little and sighed.

"Just say yes Sadie and we'll never talk about your bills ever again." He said and I thought of it. If he won't accept my money then it's either I let it be or accept his offer and me being the type of person who doesn't want to owe somebody anything, I nodded.

"Deal." I said as he slowly held his hand out and then I took it for a hand shake over the deal.

"Alright." He said and glanced up his watch and put back his coat on.

"Now, you gotta rest and I'll be here to pick you up tomorrow to bring you back home."

"Cooper you've done way too much already and you're not really obligated to do more, I can take care of myself and I'm not sick anymore meaning I can bring myself home. You don't have to do this because of your guilt, you don't have anything to be guilty about in the first place."

He looks at me and sighs another.

"Sadie I wanna do it because I wanna do it. No questions asked okay? Now get some sleep and I'll see you tomorrow."

"But.." I wasn't able to continue cause he placed his hand over my mouth to shut me up.

"If you insist once again." He said leaning too close until he was an inch away from my face.

"I will have to shut you up in a different way.." He said winking before placing his lips over my forehead planting a soft brief kiss.

"You going home already?" I asked trying to divert away the moment. He chuckles a little at me before digging his eyes in a stare in mine.

"I'm gonna go for a fist exercise."

"Exercise at this hour? You're weird."

"Sleep tight Sadie." He whispered and took off his hand and slowly exited the room leaving me behind with panting breath like I've run out of air. I held my chest feeling my heart jumping up and down almost wanting to come out.

'That was close Sadie!' I thought calming my nerves to moderate.

It was a kiss on the fore head this time and what exactly did he mean by shutting me up in another way. His gestures, his eyes, his words, they really leave something inside me making my hormones act all different. For some reason I can't really explain, I feel so strange about this unfamiliar feeling but it feels really great.

Saying it's great is even an understatement.

I shouldn't be reading too much into it but my other side says there is something to read about it. Shrugging it off hardly in my head, I found myself smiling at the thought of him being here with me, and even coming tomorrow even if he doesn't need to. I pulled up my blanket and then I realized that I haven't even showered and smelled myself.

Oh geez, thank heavens I don't smell that bad but still how did I not even think about that when I woke up. I shook my head realizing I've been thinking about things too much and that I have to ease my mind and prepare myself for another adjustment tomorrow and so I reminded myself once again that I've been here for over a week meaning I should be accepting the fact that I have been in a slumber while the rest of the world was doing its thing.

They say people who go in coma and wakes up usually remembers voices or having vivid dreams but as for me, I didn't have any. I didn't dream about anything I could remember and I didn't hear voices around. To me it feels like yesterday was my date with Cooper. But really, should I worry about that too much, I don't think so.

I tried getting some sleep but I just couldn't. I guess I slept too much already. I looked over and stared at the ceiling for a few minutes or so when the door slowly opened and I slowly looked over to see who it was.

It was Chelsey wearing something over her head, like a scarf.

She came running to my side with a smile.

"I'm really glad you're awake, I've been worried sick and I'm so sorry for putting you in this state, I mean, I never should've really let you go that night." She said as I roll my eyes at her.

"Everybody's gotta stop blaming themselves for what happened. It's my fault, not yours. I chose to go and you didn't force me and you even absolutely told me not to go but I insisted and you've gotta stop thinking it's your fault. Its not gonna be good for the baby" I said to her. I am royally pissed over people taking blame over something they haven't done.

"I'm glad you're awake." She looked relieved and hugged me once more.

"Me too, I mean, I don't feel like I've been away for a week but I'm glad I awoke sooner." I said as she holds my hand.

"How have you been this week?"

"Godiva helped me transfer my things, I left your place clean as always, the room is now back to being your guest room. Its been tough adjusting but I've been well. I've been really wanting to come over but Cooper and the rest are just always around with your godmother. So I thought best to ask Libby about you, I got her number from your phone." She explained.

"It's late at night, don't you need to rest." I said glancing up the clock and she looked really tired plus, she's prego.

"I'm fine. I just couldn't wait to see you even if I was informed you're heading home tomorrow. Sadie, thank you, You put your life at risk for me." She said genuinely as I smile back and touch her tummy and rub it a little.

"Anytime for you and the baby."

"Cooper has been hanging around all week, I think he really likes you." She said making me blush a little thinking of what she said.

"No he doesn't, he's just like you, feeling guilty." I said hiding traces of the butterflies singing along in my tummy. She grinned and shook her head knowing I was in denial.

"Fine. Whatever you say." She said reminding me of something I forgot to tell her about. I scanned through my memory while I look at her until I remembered.

"Before I totally forget chel, Me and Cooper had a deal. He brought me to the hotel and we kind of talked about paintings his designer was planning to put up on the wall and there's no doubt that's you so I told him that I know someone, Nick for that matter, who can supply paintings from an anonymous artist. I think it's me who's suppose to be saying sorry for offering without asking for your permission" I said crossing my fingers and hoping she won't get mad at me.

She smiled and nodded though contrary to what I was expecting.

"I'm really sorry, I just thought you probably have ideas of what paintings should be on the walls and Cooper said he won't finish it if you won't be the one designing it."

"Did Cooper agree?"

"He did. Put a price on your painting and I don't want you having troubles with money so it's a way I could help you without directly lending you some." I said as she bends to hug me, catching me off guard once again.

"Thank you so much Sadie! It means a lot to me." She said sincerely as I rub her back.

"Like I said, that's what buddies are for."

"Truth is, I had visions for those walls, the paintings for it are done but I didn't know how it would reach him without them tracing me but now you kind of like answered all my troubles." She said brushing off her tears. I'm kind of used to her being too emotional specially in her stage.

"Now, it's time your paintings go noticed and in display. I've no doubt they will love it."

"Chelsey, why have you never painted before? I mean, how come they don't even know you paint? I just find it really strange they've no idea of the magic in your hands" I said curiously as she smiles a little and looks away for awhile before breathing in and out.

"Well I never had the time to do so, busy days, catering to Landon and I guess I kind of made him my world you know, I let myself spin around his world too much that I forgot about painting. It used to be my first love until I met Landon and there were a lot going on at that time. But I did paint when I was inspired. I had paintings, its just that I never showed anyone." She explained.

"But you showed it to me."

"I never had the confidence about it. I mean, I've never let anyone in all my life see my art works, just like your reason why you never let anyone watch you. I guess I always thought it's not good enough and when I started painting again, I wasted a whole lot of easel and sheets because I couldn't get it right until landon told me something about doing what you love and that's when I started again" she explained as I listen carefully understanding her better now as to why she never showed her talent. I get it, cause just like me, she always thought it wasn't good enough.

"Go on, I'm listening, and I really wanna know." I said to her smiling as she tells me about it.

"There's a room in the basement of our house where I keep my paintings, whenever Landon would be out somewhere and I would get bored, I secretly go there and paint, I guess I have 20 or so of covered paintings that are probably dusty right now cause I locked it up and I have the key." She explained smiling and later on her eyes turned a little sad.

"The last painting I finished was of me and Landon, it was suppose to be my present for him on our anniversary but things happened. I was planning on that day to surprise him with it and tell him that I was able to paint again."

"You never told him about it?"

"I told him that I used to paint, that I loved it I lost interest and I gave him and myself the impression that it's just like one of those childhood phase you go through when you think you wanna be this but later on realized you wanted another thing" she said.

"Yeah, when I was little I used to say that I'll be some police officer one day, when I shifted in 5th grade I wanted to be a pilot and a soldier." I said as I chuckle at how many things I wanted to become when I was younger.

"I never really thought I would fully go back at painting, that I still got it."

"You should cause you're great." I said encouraging her to keep going at it and it somehow became her therapy, and it did help boost her confidence.

"Just tell me when you're ready with the paintings and then I'll show them to Cooper." I said making her smile.

"I will. I have to earn as much as I could for my baby." Yeah she is inspired by her child. By now she's thinking of the child's future and it's true when they say that when you become a mother, you start putting yourself on the last and your child is always on the priority list. For someone like Chelsey who never had courage in her paintings is now wiping that off for her child, for them to survive and I like the independency she acquired.

"I'm gonna spread the word about it and get you clients. But please don't tire yourself too much. We can't have you stressed about it."

"I won't. I'd love to paint more."

<<>>

Chelsey's POV.

I look over at Sadie who gave me a bright smile as always. She's got really positive vibes and she's really a great person making me so grateful that it was her I bumped into that day. Meeting her is the best that happened after Landon. I found a friend, a sister in her and with her help, I found myself again. The part of me that I thought was gone still existed and here I am living the life I've always wanted before taking that ride. Before Landon, before the marriage and the heart ache. This is what I've wanted, to be here and live independently on my own to discover what more I can accomplish.

It's been really tough for the past few days but I can say I've been better and even better now that I have my child growing in me. This child is my hope, my everything. Now, I am more determined to keep going and even though I am currently under the radar, I am happy that I am able to be myself.

Not that happy but I am. I don't know if you'd understand that though. It's the kind of feeling that you're fine, you're okay, but something is missing in your life. With Landon I had everything, I was happy until I found out I didn't have his whole love. Right now, I don't have much but I'm fine cause all I ever wanted was to live off a simple life and falling in love with Landon, all I wanted was a life with him.

Anyway, life goes on.

Right now, it's not the time to show up yet. Specially when I keep coming across some articles about him and Callie going here and there, stolen photos of them now and then and the media is circulating whether or not Landon is openly cheating or that we're secretly divorced like how we secretly got married.

I know not to trust in every article and not believe in them but every time I see a picture of them, even one just boils me up inside. The long nights I've longed for him, I had to suck that up cause I had to give myself time to be on my own and I wanted him to realize what he'd lost. Truth is, I'm readying myself for the final blow. For the last blow that would make me hit rock bottom.

I'm running away, I'm hiding from him because I'm not ready for him to tell it to my face that he doesn't wanna be with me anymore. I'm not ready for him to openly slam it to my heart that he never loved me and that it's always been Callie. I'm not ready to pass on the crown when I feel deep inside me that I have every right to fight for it. To fight for my king. I'm just not ready for an awaiting official separation.

Looking at their pictures and basing on what I've heard, I can picture them laughing and happy together. I want to show up when I'm ready to face all that. To face the facts. I love him but right now, I've been loving myself a little more and been loving my child even more. This is my life now.

"You alright?" Sadie said snapping me out of my reverie. I turn my attention back at her and smile.

"I'm fine." I said.

"I think you need to go home and take a real good rest." I thought I needed some, I haven't been really sleeping well lately. But right now, I have to cause I have my child who needs it more than I do. I definitely need a dose.

"You look paler than I am and you even look sicker than I am. I was going to ask you to take my bed." She said bubbly lightening the mood up once again but I knew in her words, there was truth in them. I look pale cause I haven't had much in my veins.

Truth is, I'm running out of stock and I'm gonna need more for my child. Godiva is working on finding a source that will go unnoticed.

"Keep this bed for the night, I'll hit mine." I said as I get up and tuck her in.

She's never really the showy type of emotions and I respect that. She's still on the process of embracing new people coming in her life and that's what I see. She caught me one time having my dose, I was quick enough to cover that up and make it appear like a dream though.

She's all in all a great person with personal issues. She doesn't trust easily, she's reserved, some would say she's really happy go lucky, but deep inside, she's afraid. Rejection is her biggest fear since that's how she felt since her younger years and to cover that up, she learns to stay impassive and keep her emotions to herself.

I know one day, someone will come along and that someone will hold the key to unlocking her walls.

"I'll go home now and I'll see you soon okay?" I said as she smiles.

I walked past the table when I accidentally hit the table making folders and some envelopes fall off.

"Ooppss!" I said bending down to pick them up and as I scan through them, I knew it was her bruises and wounds and reports but when I read the 3 letter word that gave me an idea, I got up and turned to Sadie.

"FBI is on it?" I said.

"I don't also know why but yeah, I mean I also thought I'd be dealing with local police." She explained.

"Connections Sadie."

I learned all about connections in the human world. Landon and Cooper and the Caulkins have tight allies loyal to them and in one word, they can put any case to priority so I know that Cooper might have been the one responsible to push this through a little faster.

Cooper never used his skills, as much as possible he always relies in the human way unless depending on the case. I can see just by this one gesture that he really likes Sadie, who wouldn't?. I smiled inwardly at how Sadie is being in denial about all these. Cooper asking for a quick transfer on the most expensive, most updated hospital also says he cares for Sadie.

Yes, Cooper is one of us. His mother is the sister of Landons mom and yes they belong to the royalty as well. They are the ones taking care of businesses here in the human world exposing Cooper in this world and while he was growing up, he's been coming in and out of the Kingdom and Landon is the only one he's been close with in our world, his parents sank in the business lifestyle making Landons mom resent them for neglecting Cooper because of it.

That's when the silent war went on until Cooper's family never went back but Landon and Cooper stayed in touch and has been the best buddies up to now. They remain discreet about the misunderstanding of their parents and to avoid much fuss in the media, they opted to remain discreet here in the human world about concerns regarding the feud of their parents when it comes to raising a child and contributing to the kingdom. Apparently to Landon's parents, Coopers parent's have done nothing for the kingdom and they don't deserve to go back nor deserve any rights on any title in the counsel.

"Connections? " she asked innocently.

"Nothing." I said not wanting her to think too much about it.

I put the folders back properly.

"He was here the entire time when they were questioning me." She said making me get back to her attention.

"He wanted to hear everything that happened, it's weird that he even goes for some exercise late at night" she said making me turn to her once again.

"Exercise?"

"Yeah, he said he's going to exercise his fist. Who does that."

I took a moment before figuring it out though and I again have one proof he does really like Sadie, and cares a lot about her. Indeed he is going to exercise his fists.

"Get some rest now. I'll get going. I hope they catch the bastards before he does." I blurted out cursing myself for letting that out. Sadie looks at me in a very confused manner.

"Before who does?"

"I hope local cops get to them before the FBI does." I said.

"Ahh, nah, I think it would be better for the FBI to handle them" She said making me inwardly say 'not really'.

I said my nth good bye and good night and slowly exited her room looking around once more to make sure no one has seen me. I took off and got on my hummer as I silently head home and call up Godiva.

"Hey, any update yet?" I asked.

"I found one but it'll be good for a month, but that's better than nothing, right?"

"Yepp, of course. Thanks a lot." Now I have a blood bank source for a month, but within this month, I should find another. It's gonna be tough but I need to survive.

"No worries, I'll bring you a bag tonight at your place, are you on your way home?"

"Yes, I'm on my way. Uhmm, Godiva, can you make that 2 please?" I asked.

"2? Change of diet?"

"I'll tell you later." I said and then hung up as I continue driving. As of the moment, only the doctor and Sadie knows about my pregnancy but this time I think its best if Godiva would know. I know she will persuade me to show up but I will persuade her other wise. She's been wanting me to give myself and Landon a chance but I keep shunning the discussion off.

I park my car and hop off as I head to my one bedroom apt. It's not that big and the place isn't really as safe but it's where they would least expect me to be.

Not later than 30 minutes, Godiva arrived and the minute I sensed it, I realized how much I needed it. I quickly finished 2 and then Godiva stunned stood there handing me a small ice box filled with at least 5.

"Life saver. Thank you!" I said as I jump and hug her.

"Is there something you need to tell me?" she asked giving me her knowing look. I asked her to take a seat first.

"I'm pregnant." I said smiling as her eyes widened and she jumped off her seat to pull me in a hug and congratulate me.

"I'm so happy for you!!"

"Thank you!" I said as I join her excitement.

In the middle of our discussion, I explained the set up between me and the doctor and Sadie.

"How is she doing by the way?" she asked

"She's fine now and will be going home tomorrow thankfully."

"That's good to hear. I didn't have the time to go pay her a visit though. She find me really weird, she's got strong instincts. "I agree. Sadie does have strong instincts.

"Yepp, she does."

Then I told her about what happened in the parking lot and why.

"I can't believe she let it slip!"

"I know right, hadn't she known those bastards were terrorizing more, she wouldn't even push through it. Now, those heads are gonna be paying for what they've done. They better surrender to the cops if I were them."

"Who's on the case?" she asked.

"Cooper and I guess landon and the wolves are too. They're not going to get away with it easily as they think. Jail time would even best be their choice." I explained.

They have a way of their own retribution. Specially with people, human or not who takes advantage of their strength to victimize another one. And talk about caring for Sadie, Cooper won't make it easy for them I bet. When he said he's going to exercise his fists, it just means they're on the hunt for the perps and when they get to them, it's most likely going to be hell for those assholes which I think they deserve. People have been afraid of them and it's about time they be put in their place. Sadie will be the last victim, that I'm sure of.

"So Cooper is on it huh? let me get some update on it" Godiva said scanning through her phone and contacted someone she scooped information from.

When I was in the kingdom, learning the ways of how it used to be and how Avie changed it made me feel relieved. It was quite tough to get to the hearts of the people but eventually they caved in and I did the same.

I became the best I could be despite the hard time adjusting to their kind and to my own transition. It was fun discovering my skills yet it took time developing them and learning to control them but in every step of my way, Landon was there to guide me through. He never really let me down, never left me hanging, he always made time for me and us despite his busy ruling.

Landon was careful with me, he always ensured my protection against the rebels and not once did I feel alone. We were happy, he did shower me with affection and so much attention and I'd like to believe I did the same. I didn't even see a trace of him seeking for more. Or maybe I was too blinded that I hadn't seen it coming.

If I have a question, it would be, why haven't I seen it coming? We were happy. We were fine until Callie came. Sometimes I'd like to be consumed with anger to forget the pain but I couldn't. But I do have this resentment towards Callie. I see her as a home wrecker so different from what I thought she is.

But did she really ruin me and Landon? Or was it I that ruined her and Landon? The confusion clouds me up again till' Godiva slumped in the couch beside me.

"Cooper's at it." She said.

"What do you mean?"

"There's been 2 who got caught, someone posted bail for them and they disappeared without a trace. I asked Avie and she said, Cooper won't budge about it, and right now Cooper and the rest are on it to exercise their fists." She explained.

"I hope Cooper won't over do it though,"

"He won't, he's not a killer, he's just gonna squeeze what he can no matter how much he probably wants to murder them."

Those 2 will be beaten up real bad. That's how Cooper fights, he fights without his skills, he fights fist to fist. He's good at martial arts, he's got black belt on judo and taek. And he's a pretty big guy with muscled toned and man, his punches are worse than what you can get from a pro boxer.

"Yeah, Coop will always do it the human way."

"But if it was you on her shoes, those guys are caught up and dead by now." She said and I won't disagree with that. Landon can kill and he will kill if he has to. I had a hard time understanding that but later on realized that he doesn't just kill, but he does if he has to.

That's why everyone around me were careful with me, not to harm me cause one wrong move on me and they will have to face Landon for it. It's possessiveness? I don't think so, cause I felt secured and loved and cared for and with the position he holds he has this shield in protecting his queen. And that's exactly how he made me feel. A real queen.

"You miss him, don't you?"

"Always" I said.

"Wanna know what he's been up to lately?"

I politely asked for her not to open any subject regarding Landon except for their progress in trying to find me.

"I don't but maybe I need to hear it"

"He's been restless and frustrated and anxious about who's helping you out. They're having a hard time locating you and he's been scouring each place one by one and when I tell you one by one, I mean every place, any place. But don't worry, I'll let you know if he's close enough and then we'll find you another place"

"Okay."

"Aren't you getting tired of hiding?" she asked.

"To be honest I am. Tired of wearing these wigs and doing disguises but I need more time."

"Take as much as you need but I hope it won't be too long. You know you'll have to face him one day. And you know you'll have to tell him about your unborn one day." She said as I rub my tummy.

"I will, but not now."

"Future king is in the bun and I'm sure your kingdom will be delighted." She said.

"What about the kingdom? Who's taking care of things there while Landon is here?" I asked worriedly.

"Jared and Em are doing a good job. The parents are worried about you too you know. They might not have shown you much fondness but they are worried too. They wonder how you're surviving. And they sure as hell want you back"

"They're much happier when Callie arrived." I said with a taste of bitterness over the truth.

"Yes but you're the queen, and for the record they had a closed door talk with Landon and they reprimanded him for his actions towards dealing with Callie, he's had his share of motherly advice and dad's quite disappointed about the whole thing." She explained.

I didn't expect it but maybe they're just really thinking of the kingdom and what it would make their family out to be specially that I am already the second queen next to Avie, a third one would be normal if he was king henry but in our kingdom, people value having one queen. Being second was acceptable but having a third wouldn't suit well with most elders and the counsel.

"How is he and callie?" I asked even though I know what I'm going to hear would hurt me big time.

"They're okay, I guess. But most of the time Landon is just in a corner, waiting, or outside searching. Callie is being Callie, being there for him."

"That's good, at least he has her taking care of him" I said.

"Which is suppose to be you. And the last time I saw Landon he doesn't look like he's being taken cared of really well." She said.

"He needs time as much as I do. He has to make up his mind and think about things before he decides what he really wants."

"Guess you're right but I think he's learned his lesson the hard way."

"Maybe, but that doesn't mean he'll win over what he wants. I don't wanna keep a marriage for the sake of reputation."

"Did he prepare legal documents already?" I asked and Godiva chuckled.

"I don't think he's ever gonna file. He's not willing to give you up."

"Well then, I can't be kept for just that reason. I can't go on, talk this out and pretend like nothing's wrong while he sneaks behind me and goes to Callie, I won't have that kind of set up and I never will. Its either he hands me out the document or keeps me and only me." I said venting out.

"Do you really want him to divorce you?"

"If he wants to be with Callie, yes, I do. I don't wanna get tangled in a web of lies and deception. Callie has slapped that over and over again and I'm done hearing her say she's the first, so she can do what she wants and if they both really can't get enough of each other, I'd rather step out of the way."

"So you're willing to give way for them?"

"Yeah of course." I said though I was dying inside just thinking about it. But isn't that how its suppose to be, when you love them and they don't', you gotta let them go. All I need is time to accept it, accept that I'm defeated when I had nothing to fight for in the first place anyway.

What's crazy about it is Landon never promised me anything after our marriage, we both knew there was nothing but the physical pull that was there. Yeah it was pretty strong, it's where it begun but that was it.

So I don't really blame him. I guess I just fell too hard.

"You need some rest." Godiva said.

"You can stay for the night if you want to." I suggested.

"Nah, I'll be going somewhere else. I'll give you updates soon" she said and I agreed and walked her to the door.

She looked around and looked at me worriedly.

"I'll find you a better place, I don't feel its safe for you here. It's too violent outside."

"I'm looking for a better one too." I said cause I agree with her. It's not realty a safe place. Violence is just too rampant and robbery and extortion is just really the norm in this area and I wouldn't wanna stay long here either. It's too risky for my baby as well.

"You better double your lock and you keep safe out here okay?" I nodded as I give her one squeeze.

"Will do.Night night" I said as she waves good by and I do as she says. Lock the door up and hit the bed for some rest.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Markie By RuHu

Werewolf

1.2K 82 9
All werewolves have mates. So what happens when you fall for someone before you're 18... "Hopefully hes my mate" is all Markie can think as she waits...
14.4K 383 15
I watched as he rubbed the back of his neck and turned around, walking away but stopping after a few steps and he turned around to face me, with a sm...
169K 4.4K 26
If you enjoy this story please check out my rewritten version on my profile. Landon stood up and pressed Lyla against the wall so she couldn't escap...
762K 17.6K 22
"I Logan Smith, reject you Emily West.", I try to smile. "I Emily West accept your rejection.", I try to say in the most cheerful voice, even though...