Your Love Is A Waiting Game

By saraj2117

Arrow AU S2 Rewrite: Oliver returns to Starling City after The Undertaking and it was back to business as usu... More

Prologue
We Share Each Other Like An Island
What If It Only Get's Colder?
I Died A Little Bit Inside
In The Heart Of Darkness
Go Now Before It's Too Late
Silence Isn't Always Golden
Somewhere In The Darkness There Is Light
From Russia With Love
Just The Two Of Us
What If... There Was No Lie?
The Calm Before The Storm
I Can't Picture Me Without You
I Know Everything You Don't Want Me Too
Working On Empty
It Started With A Kiss
It Happens In A Blink
I Still Choose You
I'll Never Be The Same
You Remind Me Who I Am
Never Saw You Coming
Oblivion Is Calling Our Names
A Heavy Choice To Make
Never Let Me Go
I'm Not The Only One
It's Not Over...Until It's Over
I'm The Only Love That Changes You
Am I Wrong?
Can't You Feel My Love?
Don't You Dare Look Back
I Am For You
I'll Look After You
Who Is The Man Under The Hood?
Family Is Precious
Never Giving Up On You
Running Wild and Running Free
This Is The Beat Of Your Heart
Until I See You Again
Wish We Could Turn Back Time
A Deal With God
Be By My Side
You're Something Else
Epilogue

I Won't Go Down Without A Fight

1.1K 25 1
By saraj2117

Seeing his Mother laying in a pool of her own blood was something he would never forget. His heart stopped beating when she had fallen to the floor and It all happened too fast to fully understand what was happening.

He had always heard that when something bad was happened. it was in slow motion but it had never been that way for him. He prided himself on his quick reaction time, his ability to predict what would come next. But he didn't see it coming. He hadn't foreseen his family being taken, or Thea coming into the warehouse at the worst time, he hadn't seen Slade shove a sword through his mothers chest. He just hadn't seen. And now because of that his mother is dead. That thought alone spurred him on. He would avenge his mother's death. He had too because there was no other option. Slade would never stop otherwise. So he did what he had trained for over the last 7 years. He ran, adrenaline coursing through his veins making every ache, every sore muscle disappear in his pursuit.

Slade was smart, but he was also unstable. Especially now that the thing that had made him nearly invincible had been taken from him. He could hear him running in front of him, his feet heavy as they pounded on the pavement. Slade was an impeccable fighter but he had one thing up on him. He knew Starling City like the back of his hand and the direction Slade was running towards now, was a dead end. He reached the end of the alley, his head swiveling in search of an escape route, but there was none.

"It's over Slade!" He shouted coming to a stop at the head of the alley, his bow drawn.

"You should no me better kid." He shook his head and stepped toward him. "I'm not going down without a fight."

Slade rushed forward and he fired an arrow that missed him narrowly and ended up fixing itself into the brick wall behind them. He didn't have time to reload so he used what he had at his disposal from the area around him. First he used his bow to block one of Slade's punches. He kicked his leg from under him but Slade caught his arm and pulled him down too and wrapped his legs around his throat.

He flipped them and slipped out of Slade's grasp and put his fist to his jaw then shoved a hand into Slade's throat making him gasp for air and fall back enough for him to get up.
Slade wasn't down long before he was back up and throwing punches, one hitting him in the nose and. splitting his lip. The metallic taste of blood filled his mouth and sweat poured down his face, the salt burning his open wounds.

Slade threw a sucker punch to his gut and he bent over, Slade used that opportunity to knee him in the face. His head whipped back and blood splattered Slade's suit and as he bent over Slade pulled him into a headlock. That was one thing he hadn't taught him to get out of. That was all Anatoly. He'd have to thank him when he got out of this.

The trick was to stay balanced, grounded...and to fight dirty. He struck Slade in the groin and as he doubled over beside him he moved his arm around his shoulders and against his face and shoving him backwards bringing both of them to a upright position where he landed a jab to his ribs. He punched him under his jaw making him fall back into the brick wall. A punch came out of nowhere he stumbled backwards and Slade kicked him hard in his bad knee making him cry out and fall to the ground.

Sometime during the fight his quiver had came loose and had rolled onto the asphalt. As he laid on his back panting, watching Slade approach he knew he would only have one chance at this. Slade came closer and he noticed that blood trickled down his face from open cuts, his one working eye was nearly swollen shut and one of his front teeth was missing.

He didn't think of his family or his friends, or all the things Slade had done. He only saw him as a threat that needed to be eliminated so as Slade loomed over him, he took his chance. His hand shot out in a flash and his fingers wrapped around a arrow then he pulled his arm back and jammed it into Slade's knee. He used his opportunity and landed an upper cut to his face and he fell backward onto the pavement and it was finally he who stood over him. He retrieved his bow and knocked an arrow, pointing it straight at Slade's heart.

"Do it kid." Slade said, blood splattering the ground as he spit. "After all if there's one thing you're good at, it's killing."

He moved closer his arrow only feet from Slade's chest.

"Take your chance. You won't get it again. I'll never stop. Not until every single person you love is dead."

It was tempting. To take Slade out of commission permanently. To eliminate the threat he posed to his family. For the first time during the fight he didn't see Slade in front of him but the blonde haired blue eye vision of Felicity, what she would say if she were here. He shook her picture from his mind and steadied his hand, breathing in and out.

Could he kill a man in cold blood, a man who was currently defenseless against him? It would be so easy. One arrow through his heart and he would never touch his family again. He could do it and feel nothing. But the real question was... should he? Was he worth giving away a piece of his soul to the devil?
He stared at him hardly. Slade raised his chin defiantly, he wouldn't go down a coward, he would not beg for his life.

His finger inched to loose the arrow but a moment later, grating against his every instinct he lowered his bow.

"Decided to use your hands?" Slade spat. "Do you want to watch as the life leaves me? Feel my pulse stop beneath your fingers?"

"There's one thing you're right about Slade and that is that I'm good at killing..." he stepped forward his boot pressing against his neck, Slade's head lowered to the ground. "But that's not who I am anymore."

"You fancy yourself a hero kid? People who've killed as you have will never be seen as anything but murderers. You're just like me."

"No, I'm nothing like you." He said, his voice hard and firm as steel.

"Wrong, you're everything like me."

He pressed his boot to his throat cutting him off and making him choke.

"Prove me right. Do it," Slade boasted.

"I have too much to live for to let someone like you ruin. You're not worth it."

Slade smiled and before he could say anything he pulled his boot back and kicked him successfully knocking him out. He closed his eyes, his tight muscles finally released and he nearly fell to the ground beside Slade.

The thought of Felicity and his sister being with Malcolm had him making quick work of binding Slade. As he looked at him, the man that had saved his life multiple times, the man who was the only reason he was alive today he couldn't believe that it had come to this. But it was done. It was over. He had proved Slade wrong today and Felicity right. He wasn't the same man anymore. He may have been tempted but he had not fallen prey to Slade's expectations and his killer instinct. He had found another way. Just like Felicity had asked him too. It wasn't really a surprise considering he did anything she asked.

He resolved to live his life freely, to love freely and give everything to his family. There would be no more lies. Life was too short. Too precious. It was time to focus on what really mattered and that began as soon he delivered Slade to Amanda Waller.

>>---->

If he thought that the trip to the mansion had been long the ride to the hospital was even longer. John had called him and told him that they had taken his Mom, who much to his surprise was alive, back for surgery. Her injuries were extensive and they didn't know if she would make it. Thea was psychically fine but was shaken up. Felicity had been admitted with a broken arm, expansive bruises and a myriad of other small injuries.

He wanted nothing more than to be with his family when they needed him most but he had something important he needed to do. Knowing Digg was with them gave him some comfort as he escorted Slade to ARUGUS headquarters where Lyla promised to personally escort the prisoner to his new home on purgatory. Waller hadn't been happy with their uprising but must have came to terms with the fact that Starling City had been saved and that it's downfall hadn't been her doing.

He paced down the hallways, as fast as he could with his injuries. Phones were ringing off the hook and nurses and doctors were running around trying to treat the many who were injured during he attack. He could hear Felicity before he saw her as he neared their family's private room.

"I told you I'm fine. There's are hundreds of people this room could be used for," Felicity pleaded, her voice weak.

"Mrs. Queen, please lay back down," the nurse asked firmly.

"Thea please-" She cut off when he entered the room. "Oliver," she said breathless.

He didn't even feel the pain in his knee as he hurried over to her and when she was finally in his arms he was able to take his first real breath since she had been taken.
She pulled back to look at him, her fingers ghosting over the injuries on his face, her thumb smoothing softly over his busted lip. She let out a breath and he pulled her back into his arms and buried his face in her neck. Her arms wrapped around his shoulders and he barely contained a groan of pain at the action but wouldn't have moved from his position if the building were falling down around them.

"Are you okay?" she asked softly.

"I am now," he replied, his voice muffled by her shoulder.

"Maybe the doctor should check you-" He pulled back and cut her off with a chaste kiss. He didn't even care about the pain that it caused him. Just feeling her warm lips against his, soft and pliant was worth it because it meant that she was alive, that blood was coursing through her veins.

"I'm fine, I promise," he assured as he pulled back and placed his forehead against hers.
Sometime during the reunion the nurse had quietly exited the room, giving them privacy for their reunion. He sat on the corner of Felicity's bed and turned to John who was standing in the corner of the room. Thea was sitting in one of the chairs on the other side of the bed.

"What happened?" John asked.

"I could ask you the same." He answered as his eyes moved to Thea. Her head was hung low and her hands were clasped together.

"Lyla and I infiltrated Argus. I left Thea in the van with a comm unit so she could hear what was going on with us and Roy and Sara. We broke some members of the Suicide Squad out of their cells and convinced Waller to stop the drone. She wasn't happy about it but Lyla still has her job and her head so she must have understood on some level. When it was over I asked Thea if she was okay but I got no answer. When I got outside she and the van were gone. I'm sorry man."

"It's not your fault," he supplied as he moved to stand in front of Thea. "What were you thinking?"

"I heard over the comm that Slade was holding them in the ware house. I thought I could help."

"You could have been killed," he said gruffly.

"I wasn't thinking straight. He had Mom and Felicity. I thought that maybe I could convince him to let them go."

"How? Slade doesn't make deals."

"I wasn't going to make a deal," she said softly, her fingers twisting together.

Felicity sucked in a breath behind him and alarmed he turned to see if she was okay.

"Thea...you were going to give yourself over to him? To save our lives? How could you do that?" Felicity asked, her voice cracking on the words.

"You're my family. How could I not?" Thea answered, her hand reaching for Felicity's.

"Don't ever do anything like that again," Felicity said choking a little on her tears.

"I make no promises." Thea gave her a watery smile.

"For what's it's worth you threw a great baby shower, you know before it ended in a rain of gunfire." Thea chuckled, her face lifting in a slight smile.

After kissing his sister on the cheek he went back to sit next Felicity, her hand found his and their fingers intertwined. He brought their hands to his lips and placed a light kiss on the back of her hand and she laid her head against his shoulder.

"Your turn. What happened? Where's Slade?" Diggle asked.

"On his way to purgatory. He won't be bothering us again."

"I knew you could do it," Felicity said as she nuzzled his neck.

"You're belief in me is why I could." She opened her mouth to object but he cut her off.
"I know it's against your nature but just give me this one." He smiled and she nodded. Something beeped and he jerked. "What was that?"

"The fetal monitor. It tracks the baby's heartbeat." She pointed to the bands wrapped around her stomach. His forehead creased in worry. "Don't worry. The Doctor said it was just a precaution." That didn't really convince him.

"Ollie the doctor said there wasn't any real cause for worry, relax," Thea piped up.

"Exactly why I shouldn't be in this bed," Felicity exclaimed as she used her non- injured hand to smack the mattress.

"You're staying right there until the Doctor releases you." She pressed her lips together and he couldn't help but think she was adorable when she pouted. "You can do that all day and it won't change my mind. No matter how cute you are."

"If you think I'm cute now then I'm about to get freakin gorgeous," Felicity said, a hint of red coloring her cheeks.

Thea patted her leg to calm her. "She's a little grouchy, they gave her some pain med's."

"I have every right to be grouchy," Felicity said in reply as her eyes started to close, no doubt heavy from the medication and her whole body finally giving into the nights events.

"Never said you didn't," Thea said softly as Felicity slipped into unconsciousness.

"Is she really okay Thea?"

She nodded. "They told her that she needed to rest but she refused to sleep until she saw you."

He readjusted her and lowered her head softly to the pillow, brushing a strand of blonde hair from her forehead before placing a kiss there.

In the hall pounding feet slapped against the tiled floor and soon Roy appeared in the doorway. "Thea?" he asked and the next moment she was in his arms. She pulled back a moment later and pointed to a sleeping Felicity. Roy ducked his head and Thea pulled him into the hall. He could hear them talking in hushed tones, Thea explaining everything that had happened. John moved to speak with Roy but he couldn't find the will to leave Felicity's side. He just held her hand, trying to prove to himself that she really as safe and there with him right now.

John reentered the room quietly and he looked to him. "It's going to be hours before your Mom is out of surgery. You could do with some rest. I'll wake you if there are any updates." He nodded and Diggle started to leave.

"John," he called softly. "What about the city?"

"The important thing is it's safe now." John replied before he slipped out of the room.

The details could wait so he kicked off his shoes and settled close to Felicity's on the wide bed. Their bodies pressed together and she snuggled closer to him muttering something that sounded like 'cold' so he pulled a extra blanket from the foot of the bed and draped it over them. He pressed his body closer to hers and her fingers took hold of the fabric of his shirt. Not long after he was lulled into sleep by the sound of her breathing and the familiar warmth of her body against his.

Three hours later and what felt like only minutes to him he was being shaken awake. He opened bleary eyes to find Digg standing over him. His eyes opened fully and he lifted his head. "Digg?"

"A nurse came, your Mom's out of surgery, the Doctor is coming to speak with you shortly." He looked at Felicity who's head had drifted to his shoulder to find she was still sleeping peacefully. He eased out from under her and climbed from the bed as quietly as possible. Diggle had gone to wake Thea who had fallen asleep next to Roy on the sofa.
He was slipping on his shoes when a hand reached out and grabbed his sleeve.

"What's going on?" He turned to find Felicity blinking owlishly.

"Mom's out of surgery." She sat up straighter. "The Doctor is coming to speak with us."

"You weren't going to wake me?"

"You need your rest Felicity." He heard Digg speaking to the Doctor in the hall. Felicity held onto his sleeve tighter.

"So help me Oliver I will climb from this bed if you don't bring that Doctor in here...and you don't want that." He sighed and called for Digg to bring the Doctor in. They all gathered around the bed.

"Mr. and Miss Queen, I'm Doctor Gallagher. I was your Mother's surgeon," the Doctor said in announcement as he looked hesitantly at all the people in the room.

"Dr. Gallagher, this is my wife," he said gesturing to Felicity. "And the rest of the people here are as good as family. You can speak freely." The man nodded, taking off his surgical cap to reveal dark hair dusted with white.

"There was extensive damage to several of your Mothers organs as well as a head injury. We were able to repair most of the damage but it's going to be touch and go for the next twenty-four hours. We have her in a medically induced coma now."

"Wait...coma? Why is she in a coma?" Thea asked from beside Roy, who had his arm wrapped around her shoulders.

"Mrs. Queen had a considerate amount of swelling on her brain. Putting her into a coma will give her body it's best chance to heal. But there are always risks."

"What kind of risk's?" He asked. Felicity's small hand squeezed his tightly.

"When we induce patients we use a drug called Propofol which can cause the patients blood pressure to drop. The nurses will monitor her closely and provide the right amount of medication to keep her blood pressure stable. There are other less likely risk, I don't see a need to worry you with those."

"How long will you keep her under?" Felicity finally spoke up, her voice soft.

"It depends, it can be anywhere between a week and six months. Also on how well she responds to the anesthesia and how fast her body heals. If Mrs. Queen does come out of it I warn you her road to recovery will be a long one." The man nodded, closing the file he held. "Any questions?" They all looked to each other but shook their heads. Dr. Gallagher pulled a card out of his pocket and handed it to him. "If you do, don't hesitate to call me."

"Thank you Doctor," he said while shaking the mans hand.

"Wait!" Thea called when the Doctor reached the doorway. "When can we see her?"

"Not for awhile. I recommend you go home, get some rest." He gave her a small smile before leaving.

Thea sagged against Roy's shoulder as he led her back to the couch and Diggle just stood by the door looking a little lost. He kissed Felicity's temple before he sidled up next to him. "Digg? Go home."

"No man, you need me here."

"There's nothing you can do. It's been a long night. You need rest too."

Roy approached them. "Thea want's to go home."

He glanced over to where his sister was now hugging Felicity and crying.

"Take her home Roy." The young man nodded and he and Thea soon left. He moved back to Felicity side. There was a wet trail going down her cheeks and she was sniffling.

"I should have done something," she sobbed.

"Oh Felicity..." He took her into his arms and let her cry. He rubbed her back soothingly as he gently rocked her. "There was nothing you could have done."

"I could have stopped her. I could have-"

"What? Given your life up for hers? She wouldn't want that. Believe it or not Felicity my Mother loves you and when Moira Queen loves someone it's with her whole heart and nothing and no one will keep her from protecting them." He pulled back and her blue tear filled eyes met his. "It's not your fault Felicity." She closed her eyes and put her cheek to his chest, her arms wrapped around his abdomen. He felt her nod as his fingers ran through her hair.

"I want to go home Oliver."

"The Doctor said-" She pulled back, pinning him with her gaze.

"Please...please take me home," she begged. Who could say no to that? So as usual Felicity got what she wanted.

Diggle who had been watching the exchange slipped from the room. Ten minutes later her release forms had been signed and Diggle loaded them into the van and soon dropped them off at the mansion. Upon arrival Felicity just stood in the foyer for long moments.

Raisa hustled into the room. "Oh Mrs. Felicity, you are home. Is there anything I can get you?"

"No thank you Raisa," Felicity said barely above a whisper. Raisa sent him a worried look and he stepped forward and lifted his wife into his arms. It was a testament to how exhausted she was that she didn't protest.

"Where to?"

"Bed....I just want to sleep." She laid her head on his shoulder and as he climbed the stairs she drifted off again. Raisa followed behind him and as he laid her on the bed and covered her with the comforter she closed the curtains against the early morning sun.

"Is there anything I can do for you my boy?" She asked softly.

He kissed her on the cheek. "No, I think I'm just going to join my wife."

She smiled gently. "Я очень горжусь тобой." Her eyes moved to Felicity. "Вы выбрали также"

"I am very proud of you. You chose well."

"I had little choice in the matter, Felicity took my heart the moment I met her," he replied in Russian.

She laughed with a smile. "Then your heart chose well." She started to leave the room. "Good night Oliver."

Soon after she left he slipped off his shoes and climbed into bed next to Felicity and snuggled into her back, his arm wrapping around her and laying against her stomach. She muttered something and for a moment he worried he had woken her but she only placed her hand atop his and pushed her back closer to him. He smiled and kissed her shoulder. After what they had been through he was going to take joy from the small things.

He laid awake for awhile, his eyes staring into the darkness, his mind a jumbled mess. There were so many things wrong but the woman in his arms reminded him that there was always something good, something to live for. He didn't know what the future held, there were too many variables, too many things that could happen to rip his life apart and the only things he was sure of was Felicity, the life they were building together and the child they would raise.

He didn't want to think about losing her.. He wanted to live to be old, gray and wrinkly with her and then die the die before she did so he wouldn't have to live without her. It was quite a selfish wish but the thought of living without her for even a second was unthinkable. If he was going to go the unselfish route he'd say he would want to die old and gray right in the position they were in now. Curled up in each others arms, warm in their beds. He didn't have any guarantees so he was going to have to live in the here and now. Starting tomorrow. He and Felicity were done living for the future, for the maybes. No, he was going to give her a real life. As normal as a life that he could give her.

A plan formed in his mind and he couldn't help but smile and pull Felicity a little bit closer, the baby kicking against his hand making him close his eyes in contentment. Not long after it he surprisingly he fell into a deep sleep, finally at peace.

>> ------->

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 398 13
When Oliver and Felicity spend the night together, everything changes. Oliver pushes Felicity away after wards. He's got his reasons, and she's got h...
22.8K 511 22
Oliver and Felicity are deeply in love, they are engaged and excited about their future. But the truth comes out revealing Oliver's secret and causes...
178K 3.9K 30
Accepting that Oliver and Sara are together, Felicity buries her feelings for him and moves on with someone else. Meanwhile, Oliver thinks he's happy...
53.4K 1.4K 79
Fandom: Arrow (TV 2012) When Oliver Queen and the Vigilante need help, they go to the best IT specialist in Starling City. She just doesn't know th...