Your Love Is A Waiting Game

By saraj2117

Arrow AU S2 Rewrite: Oliver returns to Starling City after The Undertaking and it was back to business as usu... More

Prologue
We Share Each Other Like An Island
What If It Only Get's Colder?
I Died A Little Bit Inside
In The Heart Of Darkness
Go Now Before It's Too Late
Silence Isn't Always Golden
Somewhere In The Darkness There Is Light
From Russia With Love
Just The Two Of Us
What If... There Was No Lie?
The Calm Before The Storm
I Can't Picture Me Without You
I Know Everything You Don't Want Me Too
Working On Empty
It Started With A Kiss
It Happens In A Blink
I Still Choose You
I'll Never Be The Same
You Remind Me Who I Am
Never Saw You Coming
Oblivion Is Calling Our Names
A Heavy Choice To Make
Never Let Me Go
I'm Not The Only One
It's Not Over...Until It's Over
I'm The Only Love That Changes You
Am I Wrong?
Can't You Feel My Love?
Don't You Dare Look Back
I Am For You
I'll Look After You
Who Is The Man Under The Hood?
Family Is Precious
Never Giving Up On You
Running Wild and Running Free
This Is The Beat Of Your Heart
Until I See You Again
A Deal With God
I Won't Go Down Without A Fight
Be By My Side
You're Something Else
Epilogue

Wish We Could Turn Back Time

1.2K 21 3
By saraj2117

It was taking too long to get to the estate, even going as fast as he could on his motorcycle. Digg and Sara behind him in the van. He wished Thea would have planned for the party to be inside the city instead of thirty miles out.

The Davenports were one of the oldest an wealthiest families in Starling City. So wealthy that they owned multiple houses in different countries, which in one of them they were thankfully currently residing leaving him able to stroll into the mansion freely.

He pressed him comm link. "Roy?"

"In the back room, two rights and a left," Roy answered. He followed his directions, Diggle and Sara following closely behind him. Soon he was entering the room through the double doors. Thea was sitting on a couch, her legs pulled up to her chest and her chin resting on her knees, black mascara streaked down her face. Roy was standing close by. Thea heard their entrance and her snapped in their direction.

"What is going on?" She demanded, her eyes widening as she took in the masked vigilante's and landing on John a moment later. "Mr. Diggle?" She asked confused.

John turned towards him, his eyes questioning and he only paused a moment before turning off his synthesizer and removing his hood and mask. Sara doing the same behind him.

"Ollie," Thea gasped. "Sara?"

"I know this is a lot to take in Thea but we don't have time to discuss it."

She stood frozen in shock, her mouth hanging agape. "What happened to you?" She asked presumably of the both of them.

"Short version?" Sara answered. "Your brother became a hero and I became a killer. We both did what we had to do to survive." She moved forward, bo staff still in hand. "Now we have to do the same to save Moira and Felicity."

Thea turned to Roy. "You've been helping them all this time?"

"Not for long. Only after I was injected with the Miracuru," Roy answered, his eyes avoiding Thea's in shame.

"Miracuru?" She asked incredulously. "What in the world are you talking about?"

"It's a drug," he answered for Roy. "It makes you incredibly strong. Slade was injected with it. That's why we haven't been able to stop him."

"Why is he after us? Why our family?"

"Because...five years ago I made a mistake. All that is happening now is my fault and I'm doing everything I can to fix it."

Thea's eyes, that were glistening with tears softened. "Ollie, I may not know everything that happened on that Island but I do know that you shouldn't blame yourself for what you had to do to survive. This mans need for revenge is not on you."

Her words shocked him to the core. He expected angry words and the cold shoulder. Thea had truly grown up.

"All this time, since you've been home you have been saving people," she smiled. "You're not the flake I thought you were." He smiled a little at that.

"Aww am I interrupting a family moment?"

He jerked his head around back towards the door, his body instinctively moving in front of Thea's. A small soldier stood in the doorway, a wicked smile on her face. Diggle raised two guns, Sara her staff and he pointed an arrow at her head.

"Isabel." She grinned, all her teeth gleaming white as she stepped forward.

"Surprised to see me?" She turned towards Diggle. "Thanks for killing me by the way. I'm a lot stronger now." John stiffened and he could tell the man was forcefully holding himself back.

"I'm not adverse to killing you again. Watch yourself," Digg spat.

"I'd like to see you try."

Sara looked to him. "I can take her." He stared at her out of the corner of his eye, seriously considering unleashing Sara's wrath on her but decided against it. He looked back at Isabel. Obviously she was here for a reason, and being that she worked with Slade it had something to do with Felicity and his Mother.

"What do you want Isabel?" He growled.

"Certainly not world peace, more like world domination... but that's a little reaching."

"You're here for a reason. Get to it or I'll put an arrow in your head," she smirked. "I don't miss," he stated. She sobered, her lips pulling back over her teeth.

"Slade has a message for you." His fingers itched to release the bow string. "He says 'You have a choice to make.' Then this will all be over." Her gaze moved to Thea who was peaking around his shoulder. She stepped closer and everyone tensed.

"Don't move another inch if you want to keep your head," Diggle shouted and she stopped, raising her hands in surrender.

She looked at him, her lips still lifted in the corners. "Word of advice Mr. Queen? Choose wisely and don't take too long. You're going to be quite busy." She laughed as she left the room. Sara lunged after her and he put his hand out to stop her.

"Our smallest problem is Isabel at the moment," he told the room at large.

"What do you think she meant by 'you're going to be busy?'" Sara asked.

"Knowing Slade, nothing good."

"Oliver," Roy said and he turned his direction to see him lifting his phone. "Look." He strode over and took the phone from his hands and staring at the screen, News 52 footage showing the destruction taking place in Starling City at the hands of Slade's Miracuru soldiers.

"What is it?" Diggle asked, while holstering one of his weapons.

"It's Slade's men isn't it? He released them on the city."

"I am so confused," Thea said as she sunk down into the couch.

"You know why he's doing this Oliver. It's a distraction and a way to make you choose,your city... or your family."

"I know what Felicity would say," said Sara.

His hands balled into fist. "I don't care what Felicity would say because she's not here! Because Slade has her, my Mom and my child. There's no choice," he yelled.

"We're talking about millions of people here Ollie! My Father...my sister!" Sara screamed back.

He didn't want to admit it but Sara was right. Felicity would tell him to be a hero, to go save the city. To protect the lives of many at the risk of a few. But he couldn't do that. He wouldn't. But he couldn't let the people of Starling suffer because of that decision. Felicity would be disappointed in him and he didn't want that. He grabbed his head and closed his eyes, just trying to think. How could he do it? Save the city and his family?

"I don't know what you want me to do Sara. This is my family we're talking about."

"I know that," Sara said, softer this time. "You know what I would do for them Oliver. That's why we need help." He stared at her for a moment, her meaning finally sinking in.

"No Sara, I won't let you do that." He shook his head and racked his brain for another option.

"You have a lot of choices to make tonight Ollie and that is not one of them. Nyssa and a group of League members are in the area. They can help."

"You're not alone in this man, you have to let people help you," said Diggle.

"But not at the expense of Sara's freedom."

"I lost my freedom a long time ago Oliver, it was only a matter of time until I returned to claim my darkness...and if it keeps my family and yours safe then its worth every moment of pain."

He pinched the bridge of his nose and closed his eyes. He knew it wasn't his decision. It was Sara's and he didn't have any control over what she did. A moment later when he opened his eyes he stared straight at Sara and she nodded in understanding. She left as silently as she had came.

"We're going to need more than just a few league members. I'm going to call Lyla, see if we can get some ARGUS help." Diggle said as he moved to the corner of the room.

"What do you want me to do?" Roy asked.

He glanced at Thea who was slumped on the couch, head in her hands.

"Take Thea somewhere safe." He looked into Roy's eyes conveying how important this task was. "Keep her safe." Thea's head snapped up.

"No! I want to help. Mom and Felicity are out there. There has to be something I can do."

"You want to help? Let Roy take you away from all of this. If you're safe then I'll have one less thing to worry about."

"But Ollie-" She cut off when his phone started ringing and he pressed the button on his suit to answer it, hoping it was Slade with some information on his Mom and Felicity.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Queen, Caitlin Snow, we heard what was going on in Starling, Cisco and I were able to rush production of the cure and we sent it with Carl Morgan who works for Star Labs, he's en-route to Starling City now."

"He won't get here in time," he said gruffly.

"He will, we sent him on a private plane when we heard what was happening. He should be there within a hour or so."

He turned to Roy who stared back with determination.

"Thank you Ms. Snow." He hung up. Diggle rejoined the group. "New plan."

Diggle and Roy looked at each other and Thea rose to stand next to them.

"What did Lyla say?"

"Nothing good. Waller plans to turn Starling City into a crater if we can't handle the Slade situation." He groaned. He should have put an arrow in Amanda when he had the chance. "What's going on now?"

"The cure is en-route from Star Labs by jet."

Roy straightened. "Finally something good coming our way."

Thea punched him in the arm. "Great job, you just jinxed us."

"That's bull crap and you know it." Thea crossed her arms.

"Want me to punch you again?"

"It wouldn't hurt me so do it till your hearts content. Just remem-"

He cut him off. "Exactly why it's going to be your job to retrieve the cure."

Roy's brow furrowed. "What about Thea?"

"Can you not handle both?" Diggle walked a few feet to accept another phone call.

"Yes," he stiffened. "I can."

"Good, you've got a little over an hour. You need to get Thea somewhere safe then-"

"I can take her," Diggle said as he returned to the circle. "Lyla called, Waller's not backing down. I'm going to ARGUS to help convince her otherwise."

"How are you going to do that?" Roy asked.

Diggle gave him a look and put his hand on his holster. "Whatever way that's necessary." He paused. "I can protect her Oliver."

Logically he knew that Thea would be safer outside of the city but knowing that she would be unprotected for awhile concerned him. But it was their only option. Thea looked to him. He nodded and Diggle clapped him on the back.

"I'll take care of her," said Digg.

"I know." He watched as Thea hugged and kissed Roy goodbye then strode over to stand in front of him.

"Are you sure there's nothing I can do?" Thea asked.

He smiled and pulled her into his arms. "Stay alive. That's all I ask." She nodded against his chest and pulled back a moment later.

"Bring them home Ollie."

"I promise," He said and he hoped by the end of the night he wouldn't become an even bigger liar.

With one last look Diggle and Thea left. Roy looked to him.

"Our first line of defense is to stop the soldiers from destroying the city, then we can stop Slade."

"What about Waller?"

"That's Digg's area of expertise, trust him. Get to Starling Municipal. We don't know if anyone else knows about the transport."

He nodded while picking up his bow. "Where do I meet you?"

"The old foundry. There's some things I need."

He and Roy left, their motorcycles roaring in the cool night air.

Every time he thought of Felicity his heart stuttered in his chest. He needed to stay focused. That was how he would save her.

The road forked and he and Roy parted ways. He just hoped it wasn't permanently.

"Felicity," Moira called. Her eyes opened and for a moment she forgot everything. She was laying on the couch in the living room where she'd fell asleep coding something. It only took a moment for the reality to come rudely knocking.

"How long have we been here?" She asked, her voice thick from sleep.

"Two hours? I'm not completely sure." Moira paused as she readjusted her position against the column. "What do you think is happening?"

"Oliver is probably strategizing with the team."

"Team?" She turned to look at Moira and a pain shot through her neck. She palmed the ache and tried to knead the knot out from laying awkwardly against Moira's shoulder.

"Well...it's not exactly just me, Oliver and Diggle." Moira's eyebrows rose. "There's a lot you don't know."

"Enlighten me then. After all we have nothing but time."

She sighed. "Its not really my secret to tell."

"Felicity, dear if we get out of this alive I'm betting all secrets are off."

"When you put it that way..." She sat up straighter, her back aching. She recalled what her husband did when she was in pain and she closed her eyes wishing she was at home in bed, smack in the middle of the California king hogging up all the covers as Oliver snuggled into her back, his stubble tickling her neck as he became her own personal heating pad. Her back would most definitely not be hurting then. She had a feeling even after the baby came that they would sleep the same way. They might have to crank up the AC in the summer though. She couldn't believe she was thinking about that when they were being held captive. She guessed it showed the complete faith she had in Oliver to save them.

"Roy's been helping, but not for long. Only after Slade got to him and injected him with the Miracuru..." Moira seemed confused so she hurried to explain before Moira could ask. "It's a drug that makes you really strong."

She nodded in understanding. "Is it safe for him to be around Thea?"

"Yes, he's under control. He's no danger..." She tilted her head and scrunched her nose as she remembered the way he had punched straight through a practice dummy last week. "Well to us anyway."

"Who else?"

"Do you remember hearing about a woman in black saving people in the Glades?"

"Yeah....." she paused, recognition dawning in her eyes. "Don't tell me, that's not-"

"Sara? Yeah."

Moira's head fell back. "This is all so bizarre."

"Tell me about it. A few years ago all I was worried about was having a clean sweater for work and if I got the right box of hair dye from the drug store." She put her hands on her pulled up knees.

"Time flies."

"Tempes fugit," was her automatic response. Moira looked at her out of the corner of her eye and she just waved a hand. "Old case." She pulled one side of the cardigan off her shoulder. "It's actually how I got this," she said as she pointed in the general direction of her scar.

"You got shot?" Moira asked disbelievingly.

"Yep, it's kinda a requirement of being in Team Arrow."

"Team Arrow?"

"Oliver hates it when I call it that, but I do it anyways...just to irritate him."

"You've got the wife thing down pat, I'll give you that."

"I have so many titles it's nice just to be called 'wife.'" She smiled at the word. It still sent a wave of happiness over her every time she said or heard it. She rubbed her belly and closed her eyes again, just focusing on the baby's movement inside her.

"Have you chosen a name yet?"

"I have one but I haven't talked to Oliver about it yet."

The door opening startled both of them and they jumped. Moira gasps in pain and she takes one of her hands in reassurance.

A figure comes out of the shadows and she sucks in a breath. "No," she muttered.

"Yes, yes, surprised to see me? I know. Thank Mr. Diggle. There's only so many of those conversations I can take it one night." Isabel sits in a chair under one of the lights hanging from the ceiling and crosses her legs. "I'm here to give you two some company."

"Thanks but no thanks," she smirked as a thought hit her. It wouldn't be wise to say it but she couldn't keep it from rushing past her lips. "Besides. You've already gave me all the company I needed."

Isabel seethed, rising from her chair. "You little-"

"Actually I'm not little, I'm quite large actually. Being 21 weeks pregnant will do that to you."

"Don't think for one second that you being pregnant will keep me from killing you," Isabel bit out.

"Under different circumstances that would scare me but knowing that Slade will want Oliver to be present when he 'kills' me gives me some semblance of safety."

Isabel slapped her, hard. She felt blood trickling from her busted lip but she only wiped her hand across her mouth, smearing the crimson liquid across her pale skin.

Moira kicked Isabel in the shin. "Don't you dare touch her again!"

"What are you going to do Moira?"

"This is between you and me so you leave her out of this."

Isabel crouched in front of them and grabbed Moira's face roughly.

"If only you're little brat wouldn't have fallen off that horse. Then all of this could have been avoided. I would be the wife of a billionaire and running my own company by now. Instead my life is now ruined thanks to you," Isabel turned to look at her. "And you."

"So you see Moira, this isn't just between you and me...this is between us."

"We didn't ruin your life Ms. Rochev, you did that just fine on your own. Revenge is it's own enemy and you fell into it's clutches. Listen to someone who knows first hand. My husband made a lot of mistakes, but he loved his family fiercely. You were nothing but another one of those mistakes. You could have moved on, made a new life but you chose differently. That is what ruined your life."

"I didn't want to move on. When I want something I go after it."

"And look how that turned out for you." Isabel hand rose to hit Moira but she stuck her hand out to block the blow. She groaned in pain as she felt something fracture in her arm. She held her arm as Moira put her hand across her body.

"You're forgetting who my son is Ms. Rochev. He won't take kindly to you injuring his wife. He's extremely protective."

"I'm not scared of Oliver Queen," Isabel spat as she grabbed her arm. Whatever had fractured inside of her broke just then and she screamed in agony. Moira screamed. She couldn't make out what she was saying over the pounding in her head. Pained surged through every part of her body and a wave of nausea crashed over her. She closed her eyes and tried to breathe through it.

A phone ringing worked it's way past her cloudy mind and she opened her eyes. Moira was squeezing her hand tightly, trying to give her an outlet to release some of the pain. Isabel answered the phone and spoke into it for a few moments. Her breath left her lungs in short gasps and her back arched reaching for the air around her. Some of the pain started to subside and she swallowed.

"Well you two have been charming company, but I have other business to attend to," Isabel said just before kicking the bottom of her foot as she left the room sending another jolt of agony through her.

Moira wrapped her uninjured arm around her shoulder. "It's okay, it's okay," she murmured.

But was it?

He was going through the destroyed foundry trying to find some more injection arrows when the alley door slammed open and closed. Roy stormed around the corner a moment later.

"What's wrong?" His body straightening as he notices his empty hands save his bow. "Where's the cure?"

"I didn't get the cure."

"What? Why?" He growled.

"Because it wasn't there." His brows creased in confusion. "Somebody took it."

"Was there anyone there? Did you ask-" He didn't get to finish because Roy interrupted.

"I couldn't ask because the only people that were there were the crew and lab guy...and they were all dead."

>>------>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 398 13
When Oliver and Felicity spend the night together, everything changes. Oliver pushes Felicity away after wards. He's got his reasons, and she's got h...
135K 2.9K 16
Oliver Queen, billionaire playboy and future heir to Queen Consolidated. That's what the public thought of him. Then he joined the army and disappear...
177K 3.4K 21
There's been a new killing and someone is trying to frame the Hood. Oliver and his team have to track down the murderer before he kills again. Tangle...
4.2K 194 36
Part four of rewritten second chances. My name is Oliver Queen. After dying to restore the multiverse, I found myself back at the beginning of my sto...