Crash Around Me

By taylorbreannexx

In Dillon Texas, a small town where football is absolutely everything. When things start crashing down around... More

You Belong With Me
Unbreakable
Boys of Fall
Fix You
Skinny Love
Fire Meets Gasoline
You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?
All I need
In My Veins
I Knew You Were Trouble
Loosing Your Memory
End of The Day
Fools
Let's Get It On
Over And Over Again
Bed of Lies
Elastic Heart
Company You Keep
Girl Crush
Pity Party
Soap
Soap Part 2
Tailgate Town
Wings
Golden
Lightning
Thank U's
Unstoppable
Author's Note

The Only Reason

554 6 0
By taylorbreannexx

-Paisley's POV-

"Paisley you go get your kisses!" Hayleigh said.

I blushed a deep shade of red. I can't believe we won! Panthers won! I'm so happy for Matt, He did so well playing the game and passing the football off. I was so proud of Matt. I ran towards all the football players, I couldn't see him anywhere. I ran over to Tim "Tim have you seen Matt?!" I asked trying to catch my breath.

Tim drank some water and cheered for winning then said "Nope. The last I saw he was going into the locker rooms with the coach."

I walked over to the locker rooms but didn't go inside. The coach came out and I stopped him in his tracks and he asked "Hey Paisley, how may I help you?"

Coach Taylor smiled and I and I smiled back "Good. Have you seen Matt?" I asked hoping he would know the answer to the question.

"He just left my office. I haven't seen him after that."

I groaned and nodded thanking him. Where is Matt? I kept searching for him. I sighed and sat down on the bleachers kicking my feet. I watched all the other football players kiss their girlfriends and cheer in happiness for winning, I was starting to worry about him. Where would he have gone? All of a sudden it got really dark, I couldn't see anything! I screamed in fear not registering what just happened. "Guess who." I heard a familiar voice call out.

Almost instantly a smile shot on my face, Matt. Finally he's here! After looking all over he found me!

"MATT!" I turned my body around and kissed him hugging him tightly.

He smiled and chuckled a bit hugging me back. I squeezed him tightly not wanting to let go. I whispered a 'congratulations' in his ear. He smiled and just hugged me. You could tell he didn't know when to let go or if he should stay there. I let go of the hug and smiled at him. He smiled back at me and looked at the ground. "Did...Did you enjoy the game?" He asked still a bit nervous.

I smiled and kissed his nose blushing. He was absolutely adorable when he was nervous. He wouldn't make eye contact with you, he looks at his shoes or the ground, he plays with his hands, and he bites his bottom lip. "Yes! You did so well Matt. I'm proud of you." I smiled and hugged him again.

I stayed on his arms for a while just letting him hold me. I was thinking about if I should give him a celebration kiss or let him do it if he wants it. I looked up at him and he looked down at me and smiled. I smiled back and the next thing I knew was our lips connected. Our lips were so in sync with each other's, it felt so right. The way he was holding me, the way he kissed me, everything about Matt was perfect.

"Matt Honey!!" Matt's grandma said, running over to us.

He hurried away from my face and cleared his throat. I giggled and looked at his grandma as he said "Grandma this is Paisley, Paisley my Grandma."

"Nice to meet you darling." His grandma said

I smiled at her and replied "Thank you it's nice to meet you too!"

He smiled at us meeting each other. He was so excited two of his favorite people liked each other. "I'll be sitting over there Matt." His Grandma smiled and left to sit at the bleachers.

I smiled at him and he smiled back. He was standing there awkwardly. I didn't know what to do or say. I just stood there looking down at my feet. He smiled and stood there. He cleared his throat and I looked at him. "So." He scratched the back of his head.

"Congratulations on the win!" I smiled at him and said.

He smiled back and replied "Thanks."

He smiled and we hugged tightly and I looked up at him, he smiled down at me. I awkwardly leaned in standing on my tippy toes he smiled and leaned in slowly. Our lips connected. I smiled into the kiss. I felt fireworks shoot off my heart burst. I felt a shockwave go throughout my body. It felt amazing. I loved this kiss more than anything. I smiled and looked at him blushing.

"You're a good kisser." I said, Right as I said it I regretted it slapping my hands over my mouth.

He laughed at me and nodded "Thanks. You are too." He blushed and smiled awkwardly.

We stood there and talked about anything and everything. Eventually he had to leave to take his grandma home. I didn't know what to do. Scream of happiness? Cry tears of
Joy? Both? I walked away thinking about it. I couldn't stop thinking about it. The kiss, him. Everything was just perfect. I didn't want to go home. I wanted to talk to someone but who? Anyone really! Maybe Hayleigh was free? I grabbed my phone and called her.

"Hello?" I heard a voice through my phone.

I smiled once I heard her voice "Hayleigh!" I smiled excitedly.

"Yes Paisley?" She said sounding kind of tired.

"I need to see you where are you?" I got into my car.

"I'm at the hospital. What do you need?" She said.

"I'll see you in ten." I hung up and drove to the hospital.

I walked up to Jason's room and knocked on the door hoping Hayleigh would be right there. I walked in and Jason was sleeping, Hayleigh was sitting there watching him. She saw me and smiled. We walked out into the hallway.

"What's up?" Hayleigh said smiling.

"So Matt and I kissed again!" I squealed.

She giggled, shaking her head "Congratulations Paisley." I smiled at myself proud I finally had someone who liked me. "How was it?" She asked noticing I was smiling thinking about it.

"It felt awesome! He was so sweet and kind and ugh! He was amazing. I really like him Hayleigh." I blushed.

"Aww that's so sweet! You two should date." I gasped once she said that.

Date?! Would we really be cute?! What would happen?! I don't know. Would people hate on us or be rude? I bet he doesn't even like me like that. He's Matt Saracen! Everyone loves him! I sighed and shrugged "I don't know. He's Matt Saracen. He probably doesn't like me like that anyway." I looked down at my feet.

"Why would you say that's?!" Hayleigh sounded upset with me for saying that.

I sighed and shrugged, it was true. Matt was becoming more popular. He and Smash have been hanging out a lot more. It was the oddest pair of friends you would have ever thought possible. Smash was...well Smash was Smash. Matt was really sweet and understanding. I just didn't see him hanging out with Smash.

"He is just becoming more known around. I'm just a happy Italian who cheers. It wouldn't work out." I sighed.

Hayleigh laughed and shook her head "Oh Paisley you're adorable. He likes you! Obviously he does if he keeps coming back kissing you and hugging you." She smiled at me.

I snapped my head up and looked at her excitedly "Seriously? You're serious!" I smiled like an idiot.

She laughed and nodded "Yes Paisley! If he didn't like you trust me you wouldn't get the time of day to be with him!" She smiled and hugged me.

I hugged back and smiled thinking about it. Hayleigh was speaking the truth. If Matt didn't like me he wouldn't kiss me. He would have ignored me or tried to hide from me when I was searching from him earlier. "Thanks Hayleigh. You're right. I'm just nervous!"

She smiled and hugged me "Anything for you!"

"What?" I said and she had a look on her face.

"What?" She said looking at me weird.

"What happened?!" I smirked at her.

She blushed and replied "Well...Jason and I kissed!"

I gasped. No way! "Oh My Gosh! Seriously?! Don't play with me!!"

She giggled and nodded saying "Why would I lie about this?"

I giggled and hugged her tightly "I'm so happy for you! How was it?"

I was so excited for her and she said "It was everything I could have imagined and more! He was amazing!" She smiled and bit her lip thinking about it.

"That's so great Hayleigh! I'm so happy for you!" I smiled at her.

We giggled and fangirled about it more. Eventually I had to go home so we said our goodbyes and I left. I went home before my parents started to worry.

I laid in bed thinking about the whole day. We won our homecoming game, Matt and I kissed again, Hayleigh and I are becoming even closer! It's been a great day. I'm so excited to lay down in bed and just relax, reflecting on the day. Everything flooded through my head like Niagara Falls. I smiled and giggled thinking about how cute he is and how much I wanted to be with him. I never really thought about how much I wanted to date him and call him my boyfriend until now. I'm not saying I'm obsessed or in love but I really like him. He's kind of mysterious. No one really knew about him until he became QB 1. I looked at my phone it was 12 in the morning. Matt texted me "Hey Paisley. I was just wondering...um would you like to come over tomorrow for dinner? My grandma wanted me to invite you."

I blushed and smiled at how cute this was and replied back "Sure! Sounds lovely!" I smiled at my phone and was excited for the day to come! I rested my head on my pillow thinking of how it might go. Eventually I fell asleep thinking about Matt.

•A.N•

-thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy! :)

-Patti

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

126K 2.6K 38
Lila Daniels has spent all of her life living under the protective wings of her three older brothers, Charlie, Lucas and Tucker or in the gymnastics...
34.1K 732 26
Dillon, Texas. A tight-knit town, deeply rooted in tradition and devoted to its high school football team, the Dillon Panthers. It is a place where r...
20.6K 184 22
Matt dillon imagines and headcannons
2.2M 55.6K 29
Ayanna Jones has always loved football. She loves playing it, she loves watching it. That's why her friends call her Football Girl. As she settles in...