Crash Around Me

By taylorbreannexx

In Dillon Texas, a small town where football is absolutely everything. When things start crashing down around... More

You Belong With Me
Unbreakable
Boys of Fall
Fix You
Skinny Love
Fire Meets Gasoline
You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?
The Only Reason
In My Veins
I Knew You Were Trouble
Loosing Your Memory
End of The Day
Fools
Let's Get It On
Over And Over Again
Bed of Lies
Elastic Heart
Company You Keep
Girl Crush
Pity Party
Soap
Soap Part 2
Tailgate Town
Wings
Golden
Lightning
Thank U's
Unstoppable
Author's Note

All I need

713 9 0
By taylorbreannexx

*Hayleigh's POV*

            I hadn't spoken to hardly anyone in a few days, I had been in my room only coming out when I must since the blow up with my parents. Paisley and Callie had both called but I hadn't answered, hopefully Paisley's date went well.

            I got out of bed and threw my hair up, I had to make the players some treats for the homecoming party today, and the game was later tonight. We always tried to do something for them before the games but we did something a little bigger for Homecoming. I walked downstairs and into the kitchen, pouring a cup of coffee. My parents looked at me "Good morning Darling" my dad said and smiled.

            I smiled and sipped my coffee when my mom said "Hayleigh, I am really sorry about the other night. I felt so bad for saying that, I know you wouldn't do that I was just scared. I didn't know if you were ok or if something had happened to you. I love you."

            I smiled and hugged her "I love you mom and I love you too dad. I am really sorry about not calling the other night." I looked at the clock "I really got to get these cookies in the oven."

            Mom smiled at me and helped me get started on the cookies. Once we got them in to bake, I started mixing up the batter for the cupcakes. I knew I would see Paisley at the party and I needed to talk to her, tell her I was sorry. Oh crap I would also see Lyla I had been trying to avoid talking to her as much as possible at practices this week. I knew things about her and who knows what she knew about me. My mom looked at me and said "You look stressed baby, you okay?"

            I nodded and replied "Yeah I'm okay, just thinking about a lot of things. You and dad are going to the game tonight right?"

            She smiled and nodded and honestly I knew the answer was yes but didn't want to talk about my thoughts. I got the cupcakes in the oven and went to fix my hair while they baked. I got them out and was doing my makeup while they all cooled. My dad walked in and said "You look very pretty darling and is lots of glitter a must?"

            I giggled at his comment and thanked him, finishing up my makeup. I changed into my uniform, as mom was icing the cupcakes yellow and blue. I put little footballs on them and we got everything boxed up. I was going into school late and the party was right after school.

            I grabbed everything and left, driving to the rehab center. I hadn't told my parents about this stop on the way to school but that's ok, I'd just be a little later. I walked in his room and smiled "Hey, I brought food."

            Jason smiled "Hey, it's you, the girl who comes and spends the night and then vanishes. So what's the food for?"

            I smiled and sit it on the table saying "I didn't mean to stay and you have a girlfriend, the food is for the team so I brought you some."

            He started to say something when Herc came in and said "Hey! Who are you? QB please tell me she is replacing Lyla! You know how I feel about that girl. "

            I giggled and looked away, freaking out internally. I liked him already, I didn't personally like her either. Jason looked at him and then at me and said "I'm sorry about that, you got to ignore him."

            I smiled, hoping that if I was blushing you couldn't tell "oh its fine and I got to get to school, I'm already later than I should be."

            I left and went to school getting with the others and set up for the party for the team. I was unbelievably happy and it wasn't something I could control at this moment. I was starting to feel like Paisley did on a daily basis. Speaking of Paisley, there she was and I walked over there. "Hey Paisley, I am so sorry about snapping on you and I really hope you can forgive me and we can be close again. Did your date with Matt go good?"

            Paisley looked at me and I gave her a smile hoping she would accept my apology. A smile soon crept up on her face and she said "Of course I will forgive you, I am so sorry about what happened that day and my date was amazing!"

            We talked over everything, she told me about her date and her kiss. I was so excited about that for her. I then told her about my adventures lately and all the things I had found out, after she swore to secrecy. It was amazing and I was so happy to be talking to her again.

            Later that evening at the game we were warming up, I looked at Paisley and smiled. I went over to her and said, giggling "You expecting more kisses after the game? You know that comes with dating the Quarterback."

            Her face turned every shade of red and it only made me smile more. It was so cute that she felt this way about him, I was so happy for her. I smiled even bigger thinking about this morning, I am not sure what was going on but I liked it. It made me happy, the happiest I have been in forever.

            The game was ready to start, the crowd was already pumped for it. We started cheering and the Laribee Lions had already came out. Everyone was waiting for the Panthers to run through the banner onto the field. The Announcer then said "Hello there Panther fans, we sure have a game for you tonight! You can just feel the electricity here in the Football stadium tonight. And here are your Dillon Panthers!"

            Jason opened up the banner and the football team was behind him. The stadium went completely silent and the announcer said "Ladies and Gentlemen welcome tonight's honorary Dillon caption, number 6, Jason Street."

            The crowd goes wild and I could tell everyone was starting to get emotional. They were chanting his name and the football team walked on the field following. Tim pushed him across the field and they got into a huddle. I could tell he was emotional and I knew I was, that was when I looked around and realized Lyla wasn't here. I was doing this and that made me freak out even more.

            I took charge of the team and we started cheering as the ball game started. Laribee made the first touchdown and when try to make our come back, Smash just isn't with it. The panthers were just shut out in the first half of the game and weren't with it at all.

            Starting the second half of the game, we are still down by ten points. Smash Williams is still not in this game, he takes a hit and fumbles the ball. The Laribee Lions take the ball and make another touchdown.  Smash comes out of the game and Riggins is now the player to go with.

            The ball is given to Riggins and he fights his way up the middle of the field, to get the Panthers their first touchdown. We kept cheering with full energy and Riggins was pulling us back to that win. Matt hands off to Riggins and he pulled off touchdown after touchdown, winning the game for the Panthers.

After the game the crowd was going crazy, we had just won the homecoming game. I smiled at the others and said "Guys, I didn't know I would be in charge tonight but we did and amazing job and I'm so proud of every one of you. Now we can go party about this win and Paisley you can go get your kisses."

She turned so red and I smiled and grabbed my things. I was heading out to the car when I heard my name. I turned around and looked at Jason, saying "Hey, I'm mad at you Street."

I walked over there and he looked at me with a shocked face "And why is that?"

I smiled and said "Because I brought you food this morning and you didn't say one thing about coming to the game tonight!"

He smiled and pulled me closer, saying "Well if you're going to be mad, I'll just"

I was pulled into a kiss and was amazing, it was all I has wanted for as long as I could remember. But I pulled away and said "I can't do this Jason, I can't be that girl. I mean what about Lyla and everything...I can't" I teared up and started to walk away. "I'm so sorry."

He got my hand and said "Hayleigh, you don't have to be that girl, Lyla isn't in the picture. That isn't something to worry about. I want to be with you okay?"

I smiled, and kissed him with everything in me. I cupped his face and said "You are so amazing! I want to be with you too, more than anything." and kissed him again passionately. "I see you got the game ball."

He smiled and looked down at it, struggled a bit to pick it up but finally got it and said "Hayleigh go long!"

I giggled and did it and when it was thrown at me, I can say I tried to catch it. But in all honesty I probably looked like a baby deer trying to stand for the first time. I dropped it and he laughed, saying "You fumbled!"

I nodded, giggling and ran back over to him. I handed him the ball back and kissed him sweetly. He then said "So you going to Tyra's Homecoming party to celebrate with everyone?"

I smiled and replied "No, I am going to stay with this really amazing guy at the rehab center, I don't know if you know him."

I watched a smile appear on his face and kissed me, pulling me closer.

•A.N•
-thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy! :)
-Taylor

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

116K 2.5K 34
An anxious homebody gets roped into her university quarterback's scheme to get back at both of their exes. **** Highest rating: #7 in books | 7 - 1...
413K 20.6K 41
"They never thought it would end as it did..." Keenan Lockhart is the star quarter back of his senior football team. He has money, girls, and the goo...
60.1K 1.6K 27
UNEDITED! "We're just friends, Cam." his eyes go to the left and he avoids my gaze. I walk up to him and he immediately looks up to my eyes, flickeri...
13.7K 705 27
They had known each other since they were little. Something has happened that will change their relationship. They are no longer friends. She's at th...