Crash Around Me

By taylorbreannexx

In Dillon Texas, a small town where football is absolutely everything. When things start crashing down around... More

You Belong With Me
Unbreakable
Boys of Fall
Fix You
Fire Meets Gasoline
You Gonna Kiss Me or Not?
All I need
The Only Reason
In My Veins
I Knew You Were Trouble
Loosing Your Memory
End of The Day
Fools
Let's Get It On
Over And Over Again
Bed of Lies
Elastic Heart
Company You Keep
Girl Crush
Pity Party
Soap
Soap Part 2
Tailgate Town
Wings
Golden
Lightning
Thank U's
Unstoppable
Author's Note

Skinny Love

1.2K 13 2
By taylorbreannexx

-Paisley's POV-

"So tell me about you and Saracen!" Hayleigh's voice rang through my ears.

I could feel my cheeks turn a bright red. I bit my lip and smiled "We're good friends that's all." I look at my ice cream and took a bite.

Hayleigh wasn't accepting that answer "No seriously. I want to know EVERY SINGLE DETAIL!" She giggled and so did I.

I nodded and took a breath "Well, he's pretty great," I smiled, "he's so nice and caring. He takes care of his grandmother when he's not busy with school and sports. His Dad's in the military right now. He's stationed in Iraq and should be home soon. Matt is cute, funny, amazingly sweet, he tells bad jokes sometimes but they're funny. Let's just say he's the Red Hot Chili Peppers!"

I giggled and smiled at the thought of him. Matt was my crush. I haven't even told Tyler yet. I had a feeling Hayleigh and I were going to be great friends. That's exciting me. I've tried so hard for her to finally accept me as a friend. "Awww Paisley that's adorable!" She chimed in smiling at me.

I blushed more looking at me feet smiling like an idiot. I was kind of shy about boys. I've never had a boyfriend. Before I knew Tyler I had a crush on him. But once I talked to him and found out he didn't like women I kind of backed off and became his friend. Now he's literally my bestie!! But anyway, guys and I never worked out. I've never asked one out and they've never asked me out. It's been hard really. I am teaching myself to be more outgoing than I used to be. I want to make more friends and hopefully have a boyfriend sometime before I'm 30.

"Thanks Hayleigh. What do you like so much about Jason if I may ask?" I saw her look over a shrug.

I bit my lip nervously hoping she wouldn't be mad "Um. I don't want to talk about it." She looked down and ate more of her ice cream.

I hugged her tightly and nodded "It's okay. Let's go upstairs and do each other's make up."

She smiled and we went to my room and sat down. I got all my make up out of my make-up drawer "Do you think Matt likes you?" Hayleigh asked as we walked back up to my room.

I shrugged "I hope so. I really like him. He's been real nice to me lately."

Hayleigh smiled and awed "You two would honestly be the cutest thing ever!!"

I smiled and blushed looking down. Maybe Matt and I would be cute.

The next day was Saturday. Hayleigh and I got up and watched cartoons al morning in our pajamas. Hayleigh asked "Want to go to the mall? I want to buy some new outfits."

I smiled and nodded "Sure the mall sounds awesome!" I smiled and changed out of my pajamas.

I was excited to spend the day with Hayleigh. I think we're becoming pretty close! We got out the car and went straight to Hollister. "I would love to work here just to stare at the boys!" I said laughing.

Hayleigh giggled and nodded in agreement "They are pretty hot!!" She giggled.

We walked out with our bags and got hungry. We started walking towards the food court when I saw Matt. I gasped and blushed trying not to make any eye contact. Hayleigh saw him and waved him down then elbowed me and whispered in my ear, "You got this! Don't worry. It'll all work out!"

I started to panic and he came over "Hey Hayleigh! How is everything?" Matt smiled giving her a hug.

She smiled and hugged back "I'm good Matt. Are you okay?" She sounded a bit worried.

Matt nodded and Hayleigh smiled softly "Okay, I'm glad. Well I'm going to get a smoothie you two can talk I'll be back!"

He smiled and Hayleigh left. I looked at Matt and he smiled saying "Hello Paisley. How are you?"

Matt smiled hugging me and I hugged him back. I felt butterflies in my stomach, I was so nervous but excited "I'm good." I smiled at him.

"I'm glad. So you looked good last night cheering." He blushed then scratched the back of his head nervously.

I smiled blushing "Thanks Matt. You did well towards the end of the game. I was very proud of you!" He smiled widely and proud.

You could tell he was happy to hear that and he said "Thanks! I was really nervous. I haven't really played so being put into the game had me really excited!"

I smiled at him. I could listen to him go on and on about football all day if I could. He was so cute. When Matt gets excited he kind of talks fast and stumbles over his words. It's honestly the cutest thing I've ever heard. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Matt asked me a question.

"Huh?" I said looking at him.

He chuckled saying "I asked, if you want to hang out sometime. Maybe go bowling?"

I blushed, Was this a date? I ask myself and got major butterflies "Sure! Anytime is good for me."

He smiled excitedly and replied "Sweet!"

I smiled, I can't believe he asked me to go out with him. I was so excited. I know it's just bowling but what do I wear? What do I say? Is it really a date? I've never really been on a date. I really need help with this. Hayleigh walked back towards us smiling and said "Hey! What are we talking about?"

We smiled back chiming in "Oh nothing. Just about the game. How's your smoothie?"

Hayleigh smiled and answered "Perfect! Thank you."

I bit my lip thinking about how the date could portray. It could honestly go two ways. One way it could go is extremely well. We could hit it off and have so much in common. Even if we didn't we could have fun and be opposites who attract. Or it could be really awful and he'll never want to be with me and we have to just be friends forever. I really hope it's not the second choice.

"Well Laundry is probably worrying about me. I'll talk you y'all later. Bye Paisley." He smiled at me and walked back to Laundry.

I blushed looking down. I had major feelings for Matt. How could you not? He's beautiful!! Most importantly he's an amazing guy. "So I want to know every detail!!" Hayleigh said excitedly.

I glared at her playfully "You don't deserve it." I teased.

She gasped and let her jaw drop "Yes I do! I got you to talk to Matt!!"

She pleaded and I giggled "Okay, okay. Fine. He asked me to hang out with him Thursday for bowling. I'm not sure if it's a date but-"

She cut me off and said "Oh My Gosh Paisley! That's fantastic news!! See he's totally into you!"

She smiled and patted herself on the back. "I knew I could do it!" She chimed.

I giggled and shook my head, saying "We already met. It's not like you introduced us."

She nodded "This is true BUT I did help you speak to him again so HA! I win."

I laughed and let her have it. She did win. She won the greatest friend ever award! Honestly I'm really excited Hayleigh gave me a chance to be her friend. I love her as much as a sister already. I can tell that this bond we have will not break! No matter what! We smiled and Hayleigh went back home. Tyler called me right as I walked into my room.

"Hello?" I heard a male's voice come through the phone.

"Hey Tyler!" I smiled laying down on my bed.

He didn't really seem happy and said "You're replacing me with Hayleigh aren't you?"

I frowned at what I heard "What do you mean?"

You could hear his jealousy when he spoke "I saw you and Hayleigh with Matt today at the mall. So you think it's okay now to go shopping without me!"

He started being a bit dramatic. I giggled to myself and shook my head "Tyler you are my best friend, But Hayleigh needed some cheering up! Matt just so happened to be there! Come over and I'll tell you all the details."

I could practically see the smile creep on his face. Everything was fixed! "On my way!" he said.

At that moment Tyler was probably half way out the door. It's honestly the best thing ever that everything had worked out so well. I was so glad me and Hayleigh finally talked and becoming best friends. Now I just need to figure out how to tell Tyler about my date with Matt this Thursday. I wasn't sure how he would take this information but hopefully well because I for sure don't want to lose him.

•A.N•

-thanks for reading! Hope you enjoy! :)

-Patti

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8 0 69
Everything was as I wanted it; happy family, great friends, love and kindness in my life...everything was perfect. Until it wasn't. That one fateful...
20.2K 183 22
Matt dillon imagines and headcannons
Broken By Claire

Teen Fiction

5.3K 215 40
Grace Jackson has been dealing with self hatred since middle school. It only became worse as the school years went by, and just when Grace feels it's...
685K 12.2K 42
UNEDITED! "I can't act like I'm not in love with you!" he says at last. Every single drop of confidence fades away from my body. "What did you say?"...