Falling Hearts (Papyrus X Rea...

By MemoriesDancer

#1 TEM Skeletons don't have hearts. They don't have any organs. But... These ones do have feelings. Hurt. P... More

Author's Note
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Eleven (Real)
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen (LEMON)
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen

Chapter Nine

2.4K 78 73
By MemoriesDancer

(Listened to this song when writing this chapter i thought it went well with my Sans. It's called "An Adolescent Boy is Crying" by Morning Musume, aka Morning Daughter)

You looked down to see a bone through your Soul.

You drew in a sharp breath, hearing Papyrus scream.

Sans looked blank. Nothing in his face but a light glow in his left eye.

Slowly, you looked at Papyrus.

GAME OVER.

(Y/n).. You must not give up.

Save reloaded.

You jumped to consciousness. You let in and out a breath.

How...? You thought to yourself. Frisk died from lack of determination... How come I'm not dead?

A wave of panic hit you and faded as you realized Mettaton left again and you were behind Papyrus.

"Papy.." You whispered, needing to tell him.

"WHAT?" He asked.

You felt yourself shaking. Too much happening at one time. It was stressful. You missed Frisk. She was able to fix everything. You just struggled to understand. She knew what she wanted to do in every timeline. You just followed.

You left the TV alone, Supernatural repeating. You dragged Papyrus to sit with you.

You had to day it short and concise.

"I just resaved from Sans. He will be arriving in a little." You said.

"What did he do?" Papyrus asked.
"Bone attack last moment." You sighed.

Papyrus flinched slightly from that. "Sans?" He asked.

"Yeah." You said.

Just then, Sans appeared. With a whoosh.

"Ohh hey bro." Sans said.

Papyrus gave a slight wave.

"Can I talk to you alone for a moment?" Sans waved for you to leave.

Papyrus grabbed your arm. It caused you to slightly blush but you went along.

"SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO GO. ANYTHING YOU SAY GOES TO THE BOTH OF US." Papyrus said.

You felt your heart flutter. Yeah, it was a little cute, but there was a chance this would fail.

"Oh ok." Sans shrugged. He threw his arm around his head. "Well. You see, your little girl there isn't as nice as she seems."

You winced at that like a knife in your face.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?" Papyrus asked in disbelief.

"Well.. Bro.. This is what I wanted to say alone. I know she killed everyone before." He said.

Papyrus narrowed his eye sockets. "AND? THAT'S THE PAST. WHAT YOU SEE IS HERE TO STAY."

You looked at Sans, who seemed uncomfortable.

"SHE ISN'T LIKE THE OTHERS. CAN'T YOU TELL?"

Sans looked up at you.

Then let out a laugh.

Don't..Please.. You begged.

Saved.

"You know what, you're right." Sans said. "She's more.. Genuine."

Sans tilted his head, closing his eye sockets and smiling.

"How about a hug, kid?" Sans asked.

You felt Papyrus pull you away as Sans got near you.

Papyrus glared at his older brother.

In Sans' eye sockets came a flash of realization.

"So this happened last time, eh? How come I didn't see it in your eyes?" Sans asked with a light chuckle.

You shrugged.

"Nice poker face, kiddo." Sans said.

He pat your head.

A pain pierced through.

You sadly stared at him.

GAME OVER.

(Y/n).. You must not give up.

Save reloaded.

You blinked.

You were back in front of Sans.

"Sans!" You called before he could say his line. "Please just say what's wrong. I can try. Trying is better than getting nowhere. If you kill me, then what? You'll feel bad about yourself? I know in your eyes I'm a friend. I know you care. I know you still want to care, at least. Why can't you just talk to me?" You asked.

Tears were stabbing your eyes.

You moved your arm so that you were only holding Papyrus's hand.

Sans was looking down.

You stood up.

You walked to him.

Then you lifted his skull up to face you.

"I know you're crying on the inside." You said.

It took a while for him to look up at you.

When he did, he looked so depressed.

Tears fled his eye sockets. He then burrowed his head in the crook of your neck in a hug. He collapsed. You fell to the flor with him, hugging him as he cried.

"You've been through a lot... It's okay.." You whispered.

You could guess he didn't cry as much. It made sense because it was as though he had a reputation to keep.

But everyone crumbles at some point.

You looked back at Papyrus.

"Give us time, please?" You asked kindly.

Papyrus sighed then left to the kitchen.

"Sans.. Tell me what's on your mind." You said.

He looked down uncomfortably.

"Sans. I forgive you. It's all okay." You told him.

Sans sighed. "Why did you do that first?"

He was asking about the first run.

"Frisk wanted us to.." You said shakily.

"Couldn't you argue against?" He asked.

You smiled.

"I was too dumb. I didn't understand. She understood things, it seemed, so I just went along."

"That doesn't mean its right." Sans stated.

You nodded. "I never said it was the right thing. If I knew you and everyone else better I wouldn't have done it."

Your first run?

Genocide.

"Why did you leave me..?" Sans asked.

You looked away.

"Let's just say I like you more with someone else. I'd hold you back. I don't love you that line of way. You call me kid, but I think of you as a bro. We might get under the others... Into the others bones but we'll be there for each other." You said.

Sans let out a laugh. "And if not you'll keep trying..." He grinned at you. "You are more genuine than the other humans."

You smiled.

"So, you promise to not do anything to Papyrus?"

You nodded.

"You know you'll have a bad time, if you do, right?" Sans asked.

You tilted your head. "Tch. Yeah."

You remembered when you and Frisk fought against Sans.

"Okay, Papyrus, you can come out now." Sans called, getting up.
When Papyrus got in he hugged you than backed up.

"SO EVERYTHING IS OKAY?" he asked.

You looked at Sans.

"Yeah. Yeah, we are." Sans pulled up a thumb. "No need to pull a fibula."

You facepalmed.

"OH HECK NO SANS." Papyrus snapped.

"You know you're smiling." Sans joked.

Papyrus narrowed his eye sockets. Recognizing that joke.

"I am. That doesn't mean I like it."

You smiled at the nostalgia the two were having.

You were relieved everything was alright.

The TV flickered.

"Breaking news from Mettaton." The TV squeaked.

A mouse sat there eating cheese.

On TV.

What.

Mettaton appeared. "Dearest fans! Please join me on my website for something important. Its OfficalMettaton.com."  (a/n- I had to)

Then it flicked off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

394 41 20
*this story is an AU of Auction Item... things will start off similar to Auction Item at first then take a huge turn so its a stand alone work and no...
61.3K 1.5K 24
Its been a year since Frisk and their gang freed the underground. Humans got used to it but youve never met one. You've actually never gone outside y...
53.5K 1.5K 26
You find secrets, have embarrassing moments, and fall in love with a special skeleton who loves you back! Here's book two!! http://my.w.tt/UiNb/DiAp4...
32K 424 15
Sequel of There LOVE for me. Please read if you havent already. I do not own undertale or any photos or videos I use in this video unless I say othe...