Desolate ▿ Teen Wolf

By taileilei

You would think she would be used to it by now. Always being thrown aside, sent back to the beginning where n... More

Prologue
Disclaimer
Welcome to Beacon Hills
Dark Encounter
Meeting the Mystery
New Eyes
Ashes
School Sucks
Identity
Sleep Walking
Mysterious Skills
It's Nothing
Trying to Breathe
Missing Information
The Return
Safe Haven
In Your Arms
Bigger Problems
Hold Your Breath
Mexic- Oh No
We Don't Get Sick
I Know You
Truth; No Lies
Plus one
Hope WTF
Something's Wrong
Invisible Connections
Unlisted
When You're Gone
Unexpected
Departure
Off-Road
Connections
Author's Note

Missing in Action

1K 33 9
By taileilei

That night I locked myself away. 

There was a thick tension hanging in the air and I didn't know what to do about it. Nobody knew what to do about me. I was different, and now they knew it.  Now they know that the assassin's did not want me dead- but alive. 

And nobody knew why. 

Nobody knew why I was more valuable alive than dead. And that made everyone terrified. But no more terrified than myself. 

With my back pressed against the wall and the open window above me, I pulled my legs up to my chest. My breathing was shallow and labored and my senses were going absolutely berserk. I could hear everything, even the slight catch at the end of Stiles' dad's exhale as he slept soundly in the room next to me. 

Ever since we returned from the veterinarian's Stiles has looked at me differently. I'm sure he's worried about me but it's not just that. 

The rest of the pack have been looking at me differently too. 

I think what really scared me was the fact that now they were suspicious. I'm the new girl. None of them know me. And all of a sudden assassins are coming and killing people and then when I get caught by one they keep me alive. 

A timid knock sounds on my door, my eyes darting up to the entrance of the room. "Terra? Are you okay." 

"I'm fine." I call out, gripping my head. 

"Can I come in?"

"No." I splutter out abruptly. 

A sigh is heard on the other end before I hear the soft footsteps walking away from my room. At least he listened for once. 

Stiles cares to much for his own good. 

I'm just going to get him hurt. 

Where ever I go people get hurt. Every time. Only the last time I got close to people they ended up dead, and I was forced to watch Tommy get dragged into that fire. 

I know it wasn't my fault. But it feels like it. 

Every time I picture that fire I think about what would have happened if I would have stayed in bed for just a little longer. Maybe they all would be alive. 

Or at least maybe I would be gone as well. 

It would be so easy. 

There would be no pain and I can guarantee that nobody would care. Maybe the person who has to fill out my death certificate. But other than that, nobody would care if I was still alive or not. 

But that was then, and if that were to happen now- all these people. 

My pack. They would be devastated. Even if they were a little bit suspicious of me now- if I just died they would still mourn. 

At least I think so. 

Now not so much. 

They've been through so much- and I'm just another burden. 

And Stiles. I can tell he cares about me so much. More than the others. 

But I can't allow him to get any closer. I don't deserve it. And he shouldn't have to suffer through my hell. 

My fingers clench against my knees, sharp claws digging into my knee caps and a small trail of blood trickling down my leg. The pain is numbing- nothing compared to the stabbing pain in my chest. 

I know it is not a physical pain- but a pain of the heart. 

I was only kidding myself- thinking that for once things would be different. But I should have known better. 

How could someone possibly love me when I have never even looked at myself with caring eyes. My crystal blue eyes reflected the hateful glares that I was so used to receiving. I viewed myself as they viewed me. 

Just a burden. 

Shaking my hands out, I force the claws back into my finger tips. That's enough of that.

There's no time to be wallowing. People are dying and if they are going to keep me alive that means that I can do something. 

Maybe for once I will be able to do something before it's to late. 

Cracking my neck, I slowly raise from the ground. I turn on my heel, prepared to close the window above me when a strange scent catches my attention. Craning my neck, I peak out of the window, my eyes glowing a sharp amber as I enhance my sight. 

The backyard is empty, the edge of the forest teaming with noise. 

Terra. The wind whispers my name. A slight feminine tone conveyed. 

Hush, she can't know yet. Another breeze blows past the room, a new voice being carried to me. 

How much longer do we need to wait for? 

Not much longer. A new voice answers the two, silencing them completely. 

My eyes widen as I lean further out of the window. I know that voice. 

Lukas. 

I growl, my eyes burning. I can only guess that my once golden eyes are now shifting to the red, out of place color.

What is he doing here? 

Glancing back to my locked door, I sniff for Stiles' scent. He's not here anymore, I didn't even hear him leave. He must have gone to Scott's. I leap from the window, breaking off into a sprint as soon as I land. 

Lukas, you son of a bitch, I'm ending this. I don't know why you're here, but you should have stayed away. I'm not the same girl I used to be. 

Two years ago

I tighten the over sized leather jacket around my body, my vibrant blue eyes scanning the crowd for anything out of place. 

It's been three days. 

So far nobody has noticed me. 

I glance at my stolen watch, the second hand having stopped exactly seven minutes ago. I'm going to need a new one. 

I'm suddenly shocked out of my inner thoughts when I collide with another person. I yelp out in surprise, my eyes widening as I glance up at the person who I ran into. 

Another kid, probably two years older than me stands before me. His annoyed expression turning into a small smile as he gazes down on me. 

"I'm sorry- I wasn't watching where I was going." I mutter out, glancing over his shoulder to make sure I don't see any one from the foster home I had just ran away from. 

"No problem." He smiles, placing a hand on my arm. 

I look down at his hand, my lips tugging down in a frown. "What are you doing."

"Just keep talking to me. You seem like you're hiding from someone and....." He trails off as two police officers walk past us. I freeze, grabbing onto the hand that's grasping my forearm. My eyes follow the two as they walk past us, not sparing us a glance as the boy leans down towards me. 

My breath catches in my throat as his lips brush against my ear, "Uh-" I stumble over my words, my eyes fluttering closed as he moves his lips to my neck. 

"Just relax- they're almost gone." I nod into his embrace, his arms now wrapped around my waist as if we were a couple. "I'm Lukas by the way." 

"Terra." 

  ❂ 

Current time 

The three scents scatter as I enter the foliage. Each person running in different directions- but I don't care about the other ones. 

I only care about Lukas. 

And right now- I think I may care a little to much.

To kill him that is.

It may be because of everything that has happened recently or maybe because I'm actually starting to feel attached. But I can't have anything else ruin this. I don't want to have to leave again. 

Not after everything. 

They actually care about me here. Or at least they did until what just happened. 

I swipe at branches left in my path, my claws easily snapping the bark away from me. "Lukas!" I shout out, my voice coming out as a more animal like growl than anything. The sound of his footsteps increase, his pace picking up as I gain on him rapidly. I bare my teeth in his direction, pushing myself further and harder in order to catch up with him. 

One moment it's just me in the forest, chasing after Lukas, the next his figure appears before me. I leap, colliding with Lukas, sending the two of us tumbling down a nearby hill. As we slow to a stop, I still on top of him, my hands pressing down on his chest and my hair hanging down around us. Blocking us off from the rest of the world. 

Lukas gazes into my transformed eyes, the red reflecting back to me. The egotistical shit smirks at me, his hands grazing my hips lightly. "Just like hold times, huh, princess?" 

  ❂   

Two years ago

Lukas and I recline back in the makeshift bed. Our bare chests pressed together as I rest my head on his chiseled chest. His hand rests gently on the back of my head, his fingers running through the brown strands. His other hand lightly grips my waist. 

I've been staying with Lukas ever since he saved me from the cops that one day. Evidently the cops were looking for a runaway orphan and if it wasn't for Lukas I would have been caught on the spot. That was a little over a week ago. 

Lukas like me was all alone. It was just me and him against the world. 

Over the course of the week Lukas and I developed something. If anything I would say it was more physical than emotional. I could tell however that we did care for each other, we just never said it out right. 

A sudden ringing makes me tighten my arms around his chest, "Not again." 

"Sorry princess, business calls." He sits up, bringing me with him. He keeps his hand around my waist but removes his other one to answer the call. 

I pout, rolling off of him and bringing the sheets tighter around my body. He talks quietly for a moment before hanging up the phone. "When can I come with you?"

He leans over me, his fingers trailing down the side of my face, "You want to?" I nod, pouting my lips and batting my eyelashes, "I don't know if you're cut out for it princess."

I place both hands on the side of his face, bringing his lips down to mine, "Are you sure about that?" I whisper against him, our lips lightly brushing together before I pull away to look at into his eyes. 

"Don't tease me." I smirk, trailing one of my hands down his face and to his chest. A low growl sounds from deep within him as I continue my path down his body. Batting my eyelashes, I pause right above his waist line. 

"I said, are you sure about that." 

"Fuck it." He growls, diving into my embrace and feverishly kissing me and pressing his bare body against my own. 

  ❂ 

Current time  

"Shut up." 

"Aw come on now princess, don't tell me you didn't like it." 

"I said shut up!" I shout, slamming my hands on his chest. 

Lukas raises his hands above his head in mock surrender. "You know I'm weak for you."

"You son of a bitch, tell me what you're doing here." 

"Don't tell me you don't know why princess." 

"I swear to god if you call me that again I will kill you." I growl, my claws ripping into his navy blue shirt. 

"Kinky, just like old times." 

I slap him, my claws shrinking back into my finger tips as tears prick at my eyes. "Lukas, you manipulative, fucker, you have no right. No right at all to be here." 

"I just thought you missed me."

"What in the world would make you think that?" 

"Well I heard you ran away again and whenever you run you always end up back to me." He says calmly, not even affected by the growing red mark on his face. "But it looks like I've been replaced." 

"Stiles." I whisper, my thoughts going to the hyperactive brunette who I've grown close to. 

"And then I got this job, and I just couldn't pass it up." I freeze at his words, allowing Lukas to switch our positions in my moment of weakness. His hands tightly grip my wrists, his knees on either side of my hips. "A chance to see my princess again. I mean what's a prince without his princess?"

"The job," I whisper under my breath, knowing that he's close enough to hear me, "What is it."

"Come on, you're smart, I'm sure you can figure it out." 

"Just tell me."

"I'll give you a hint little Bambi." He leans down, just like how he did all those years ago, his lips brushing my ear, "It's called a dead pool." 

A/N: WEll that happened! I hope you understood the back and forth, it was like a flash back ya know? and sorry no Stiles this chapter but man oh man, Lukas what you doing? 

edited 10/18/16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

216K 3K 20
Jessica Dixon is alone with her daughter Maddy (Madison) trying to survive. Jessica is married to Daryl Dixon. What will happen when they find each o...
321K 8.5K 47
When the angel Castiel loses the one thing he has ever cherished he changes, he no longer cares about the well being of others. Hell bent on getting...
1.9K 259 18
"Darkness took everything from me, so I have to become darkness to take them back." Natasha Walker is a general and president who served her country...
70.5K 1.8K 13
{Steve Rogers x Diana Prince} Captain America: The First Avenger