The Lost Wolf-(Derek's Side S...

thepasthascome által

Hi. My name is Gracie. Just Gracie. I don't have a last name. Most likely because I don't have a family. I've... Több

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Aftermath

Chapter Seven

1.6K 35 9
thepasthascome által

Hey guys! How are you doing? Hope you enjoy this Chapter

It's a lot to take in but I'll take my chances ;)

Love it</3 or hate it<3

Gracie’s POV

I woke up with a sudden gasp at my surroundings. It was hard to take in the fact that I was at my parent’s house now. Parents, mom, dad, brother, family, all seemed like foreign vocabulary on my tongue that I had not yet tamed.

I got up slowly and realized I didn’t have any change of clothes to change into. All the stuff was left back at the hotel. Suddenly, there was a knock on my door and Derek came in with my bag.

“Good morning, little wolf. Thought you might want this,” he said, tossing my bag with my clothes. “Went to the hotel this morning and got everything settled.”

“Thanks Derek,” I replied. There was no hint at all from yesterday’s kiss. It made me giggly and happy finally feel his lips on mine. I wasn’t a lip virgin anymore!

“No problem. Marcy-I mean your mom is making breakfast downstairs. You should go grab something to eat,” Derek advised and started for the door. Any sign of the kiss had completely vanished and now I couldn’t help but feel disappointed.

What was more disappointing was that Derek didn’t go to school at all that day. He said he had to take a short trip back to his house in Michigan to see how everything was running. The whole day went by rather dully that I didn’t even have any energy to bother a teacher. No, instead most of the teachers liked me because I was Amos’ brother, the school’s basketball star.

I walked down the hallways to my last class, trying to avoid the curious looks from others when I saw Brandon coming down the hallway with a girl snaked in his side. I instantly walked to the opposite side of the hallway, hoping I wouldn’t attract any more attention but my move had made most of the werewolves in school to whisper louder like annoying gnats that would never leave you alone.

Brandon seemed to notice it and took his hands off of his girlfriend. He whispered something in her ear and could tell she didn’t look particularly happy. I then saw Brandon coming up to me and I walked faster to my destination.

“Gracie, hold up!” he called after me and put his hand on my shoulder, making the tingling sensation we already had to a full volume. I flinched and shrugged his hand off of me, letting the excited feeling die down. I had to tame whatever feeling I had.

“What do you want?” I asked, mockingly sweet.

“Seriously, don’t be like this,” he pleaded.

“Be like what?” I snapped. “I’m not the one with a girlfriend and it’s not my business. I don’t know what we were exactly eight years ago but I know where we stand now. You made it pretty obvious.”

I left him there speechless with louder whispers surrounding me but I didn’t regret it once. It was now his problem to deal with.  I quickly walked to art class which Derek had forced me to take. He told me that art was something to be treasured for and look greatly upon. I rolled my eyes as he went on about Da Vinci and Michelangelo.

Yesterday’s class was all about abstract drawings but the teacher gave us a free day to catch up with whatever projects we hadn’t completed. Since I just started school yesterday, she handed me a black leather bounded book with blank pages.

“Use this well. This is where artists create their thoughts into drawing. Let your thoughts draw for you and then show me by the end of class for credit.” Ms. Talian handed me the book and let me start on my drawing.

I sat there on my stool, looking around the room to watch people work on various projects when I spotted Brandon and his girlfriend in the back of the room. His girlfriend was touching him in certain places that made me cringe it anger? He tried to brush her off which just made her stomp off madly to her friends who were at other table.

Brandon suddenly looked up and our gazes locked. A bright hopeful look flashed in his eyes but I looked down at my blank paper, hoping he wouldn’t come near me. I heard whispering around me and the class quieted down.

Crap. He must be walking towards me. I closed my eyes, scared for what he would try to do if he came over. I wished with all my might to be zapped someplace else. Anywhere but where I sat. I would do anything to get out of this situation. Please please make him leave me alone, I silently prayed.

Ms. Talian’s advice suddenly popped in my head so I tried to calm my thoughts and let my thoughts draw for me. The buzzing whispers of the class evaporated from my head and I began to see images. Before I knew it, my hands grabbed the pencil and began to sketch madly as if I had no control over it but I felt every stroke, every lining that the pencil had created.

“Gracie, what’s that?” Brandon asked casually, zapping me from my thoughts. I opened my eyes to hear the whisperings again, making my ears hurt.

“What?” I snapped, looking up at him and regretting I did. His grey eyes looked so sad, making me feel his sadness and I wanted to punch him for it.

“Interesting drawing,” he commented and I looked down at my creation. Interesting was about the same words I would have described it.

There were two stick figures with both their arms around each other as if they were either dancing or fighting. Lockers surrounded them on both sides so I guessed it was the hallway. There was a crowd around them, some cheering them and others looking nervously. I had created a fight scene. Wow.

“Although you could learn how to draw actual humans,” he said looking at my stick figures disapprovingly. Well sorry, I never drew in my life. However instead of apologizing, I punched his arm.

“Ow, what was that for?” he hissed as another eruption of whispers spread across the room.

“Don’t they have something else to do?” I asked, ignoring his idiotic question. He should know very well why I did that.

“They like gossip. Welcome back to the neighborhood,” he mumbled. He grabbed a stool across from me and sat down. “Please Gracie. Can’t we talk?” he said, ignoring another breakout of whispering.

“Much to my disappointment, we are talking,” I mumbled, turning to a new page and started to doodle, acting too busy to look up. Brandon sighed, clearly annoyed which only elated my feelings even more.

“You were always stubborn,” he said tightly but I saw a small smile forming. I scowled and he furrowed his brows.

“What did I do?” he asked but shook his head. “Wait, don’t answer that. Please Gracie. I’ll break up with her but I can’t make it fast because she won’t understand. She’s human.” For that, I scoffed.

Oh, she’s human!” I exclaimed sarcastically, receiving weird looks from the other students who were probably human themselves.

“Yes, so you understand?” he asked, relieved.

“No,” I told him bluntly. “You might as well stay with her since there won’t ever be an ‘us’ no matter what you do.”

“How can I prove it to you?” he asked desperately.

“By leaving me alone,” I smiled sarcastically.

 “Are you playing hard to get again?” he smirked and I had to look at him so he could receive my death look.

Again?” I asked accusingly. What had happened in my past life?

“Yes, again. I did it before so I’ll do it again. I promise you will be mine.” With a last grin and a spark to his grey eyes, he left my table and strutted off to his own table, working on his artwork as if everything was alright.

I stayed dangerously gloomy throughout the whole day, slugging my backpack with my new art book. Finally it was the last period of the worst day ever. The rumors about my fight with Brandon spread through the school which made more girls asking me for the details.

“Dang girl. You had some spicy words for Brandon, didn’t you?” one of the girls asked. They all surround my desk, giving me no room to breathe. Geez, talk about privacy. It had been like this since the start of class and I thought I was saved by the teacher’s lectures but unfortunately he saved us a few minutes before the bell to socialize. The teacher already earned a trip to my bad side.

“Leave her alone girls.” The scatter of girls dispersed so fast that within a blink of an eye they were all gone and revealed a guy who sat to my right. Once the girl’s conversations ended about me and Brandon, they directed it back to how hot Brandon looked today which made me stifle a laugh. I smiled at the guy, thanking him.

“You saved my butt there,” I said, letting out a sigh of relief. Why did Brandon have to have so many fan girls?

“My pleasure,” he smiled and I noticed his deep set of dimples. I observed that his dark brown hair wasn’t swept over his eyes, Justin Bieber style, like most guys but it was hastily brushed upwards, giving him a fohawk without the gel to hold it in place. It all looked natural on him. His deep set of green eyes sparked with splashes of gold. Conclusion: he was hot. He coughed from my thorough investigation and chuckled lightly when I looked down, embarrassed.

“My name is Alek,” he said with a smile. I adverted my eyes again, feeling foolish for being caught staring.

“Uh,” I said nervously. “My name is-“

“Gracie,” he finished. I finally looked at him surprised but instead I was sucked into his green eyes. He shrugged as if it wasn’t a big deal. “The news of you and Brandon has been going around the school like wildfire.”

I groaned at the mention of Brandon’s name. “Please don’t start that again.” Alek laughed at my torture.

“Why do you say that?”

“Because he keeps insisting we’re mates and that we need to talk everything out but it’s all BS,” I rolled my eyes.

“Wait, mates like soul mates?” Alek furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“Wait, you’re human?” I asked, cursing under my breath. I shouldn’t have said anything at all. Better to ignore him for the next few years until he forgets we had this conversation of ours.

“Well, the last time I checked I’m pretty sure I was from this planet,” he laughed. Aliens. He thought I was talking about aliens. I laughed along with him, trying not to beat myself too hard for almost blowing my cover.

Before the final bell rang dismissing everyone, Alek and I had been able to get to know each other more. While walking to our lockers which were conveniently next to each other, we were talking about whether action movies were better or romance movies.

“Obviously romance is better,” Alek smirked. He didn’t look like those guys who actually liked click flicks. He looked like a jock or an athlete, by the looks of his arm muscles.

“No action movies are better. What are you a girl?” I laughed and he grinned.

“If I’m a girl then you’re a guy watching those action movies.” He pushed me playfully, both of us laughing when suddenly he was pushed hard into the lockers.

“What do you think you’re doing?” It was Brandon who had pushed Alek. He gripped onto Alek’s shirt and both of them seemed to try and grab hold of each other.

“Brandon! What do you think you’re doing?!” I yelled, grabbing Brandon and pushing him back. I had the element of surprise so he was instantly torn from Alek, letting Alek have the precious moment to punch Brandon. Brandon, enraged, shrugged off my arm and went for Alek.

I stood horrified as I began to notice that this was a fighting scene. With lockers. With a crowd behind me cheering and looking nervous. My drawings came true.

A wave of dizziness swarmed through me and I felt like I was about to collapse but Amos came to my rescue before I hit the ground.

“What’s happening?” he asked and turned his head towards the fight. “Brandon’s in a fight? That bastard,” he growled and went in for himself.

I thought Amos was going to help Brandon finish Alek off but Amos held both of them in each of his hand.

“You two will stop this nonsense and act reasonably,” he growled and the two looked at him, startled.

“He was bothering Gracie,” Brandon said, throwing daggered looks at Alek. Amos looked at Alek for an explanation.

“I was talking to her Amos,” Alek said, annoyed at Brandon. Amos turned back to Brandon.

“You’re at fault. Don’t bother her when you have a girlfriend yourself. It’s only fair for Gracie to choose Alek.” Amos let go of them and turned to address the crowd. “I advise everyone to resume with their evening activities. Please be on your way,” he commanded and immediately the crowd dispersed.

“Wait, I didn’t choose Alek. We’re just friends,” I said horrified by the misunderstanding. I didn’t want any more messes in my wake. I already had a handful to worry about.

“Yeah so back off Brandon,” Alek rubbed one arm. “You’re the one hurting Gracie by still getting it on with the school slut.”

“Shut up,” Brandon said bitterly and walked off.

“Gracie, we should go,” Amos said, taking my hand.

“I’m so sorry Alek,” I apologized sincerely and he nodded.

“It’s fine. Brandon needs to learn a lesson or two,” Alek said, sparks still flying in his electric green eyes. “Don’t worry. I’ll see you tomorrow at school.” He gave me a bright smile and waved.

Inside Amos’ car I remembered my drawing and the fight scene. I quickly opened my bag and took out the leather book.

“You’re taking art?” Amos asked curiously, trying to make a conversation.

“Yeah, but that’s not the point,” I mumbled, flipping through the pages until I found what I was looking for. The stick figures looked exactly like the scene Brandon and Alek had made.

“Uh, you know you can’t draw stick figures fighting each other in high school art Gracie,” Amos said slowly, looking at my drawing while trying to keep his eyes on the road.

“No look. I drew this during art class,” I said pointing. “And this is Brandon and this is Alek.” Amos took another good look at my drawing and frowned. He thought for a moment, letting the tension in the air crackle around us.

“I think you might have just found your ability.”

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

2.9M 109K 34
She was born with the power to control the universe at her fingertips. An immortal deity carved from the stars, she spent centuries watching over the...
163K 8.2K 67
Book 3 of the Regal Eclipse Series This book contains spoilers for Book 1 - Alpha King's Missing Mate and Book 2 - The Alpha King's Slave After wi...
384K 8.3K 42
Sheltered shifter Celeste runs away after disappointing her parents with another failure to secure a worthy mate bond, but she accidentally stumbles...
16.3M 545K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...