Chapter Fifteen

I feel like a terrible person for posting this after a three month break. I was so focused on school and my Wattpad time was more towards my other main stories that I didn't have time for this. I'm sorry!!! I spent a lot of time making an outline for the rest of the story and I can say for sure there is four more Chapters left after this one. I'm sorry!!! I probably lost all you wonderful readers but hopefully you'll forgive me :(

On a good note it's a really long Chapter-or maybe it just felt that way after writing this for an hour and half. Forgive me!

Chapter Fifteen

Brandon and I ran inside the house as quickly as possible when I met my mom with red eyes and Kleanex in her hand.

"Mom, where's Amos?" I asked desperately. She only cried and Brandon wrapped his arms around her as she blew her nose. She sniffed and looked at me.

"He's upstairs. He's hurt badly but he's healing. A minute later and he could've been dead," she started saying but it became lost in her crying. My dad came back in and gave us each a hard look.

"It was a vampire attack. He lost a lot of blood. I think I know who did this." He could barely contain his anger and my heart began to panic. He was accusing Derek.

"It's not Derek, dad. He would never do such a thing!" I said, defending him against my family. I could never imagine him doing that despite of who he was.

"Maybe not Derek but one of those rodents he brought," my dad said, shaking in anger. He was struggling to keep his wolf calm and collected. I instantly remembered Violit and Xavier from a few nights ago when I saw them at the fair. It was most definitely Xavier.

"It was probably the guy that Derek brought. Xavier." I shook in anger but I had do go see Amos first before I confronted Derek.

"I'm going over there right now," my dad said before storming out of there in the anger of a true Alpha. I worried for Derek and prayed silently that he would be safe and let my dad take care of this.

When the door shut, I quickly ran up the stairs to Amos' room with Brandon right behind me.

Amos laid there in bed, covered in white bandages on his head, neck, and chest. I let out a small cry as I saw his damaged body, mangled in a mess. Blood was already seeping out of the bandages but they were dark red, almost brown indicating that it was old blood. He had already begun to heal himself but it was still a painful process to see him like this.

"Amos," I called out to him, wondering if he was even conscious. I knelt by his bed and he opened his eyes weakly and breathed something out but it was lost as he gasped for air.

"Oh Amos," I cried, feeling the pain of seeing my brother like this. Although it hadn't been that long since i got back, he was always so nice to me and took care of me like a real genuine brother.

"Gracie," he said weakly, trying to bring his hand up to hold my hand but he failed halfway there so instead, I took his hand and kissed his forehead gently.

"Amos," Brandon said hesitantly as he came up behind me. I felt his legs touching my back and he sat on the bed next to Amos. Amos gasped as he felt the movement of the bed.

"Brandon, you bastard. Get off my bed," Amos said weakly but managed to smile. Brandon got off and stood behind me.

"Who attacked you?" Brandon said, quickly getting to the main question.

"I don't know who it was. He approached me and started to pick a fight. Who knew he was a vampire?" Amos chuckled but grabbed his chest as if those movements hurt. "I couldn't just change into a wolf in front of people so he beat the crap out of me and then dragged me to the woods when I was weak enough to stay human."