Chapter Ten

Hey guys! Sorry it's getting really hard to upload Chapters. I hope you guys will still support me ^_^ School is about to start and the pressures definitely on! Enjoy a little sweet bit of Gracie and Brandon~

Love it</3 or hate it <3

Gracie’s POV

School sucked. There’s no way to describe it. I was afraid to walk down the hallway in fear of getting bullied but all I got were strange, curious looks from the werewolves and watchful eyes from the vampires.

The breakup of Alyssa and Brandon hit every hallway and it was hard to ignore the whispers. Since meeting my mate, I’ve been able to hear and see better than I ever had and I felt my werewolf senses starting to mature.

“Oh my gosh. Brandon finally broke up with that human girl. Too bad he found his mate. I would have liked a chance to date him.” I turned around to locate the whisper and met face to face with two werewolf girls whispering. They flinched when I stared at them and they bowed, apologizing.

“Dude, she’s so hot. Brandon’s stupid for not trying to win her heart. I remember when they were best friends and lovers back in elementary school.”

“Yeah! I remember that! Haha, she gotten so much hotter during that time.”

I whipped my head back to the opposite way from the two girls and saw two werewolf boys whispering. They also flinched and punched each other.

“Dude, I think she heard us,” the blonde jock said. I could hear their mouths moving and heard them whisper but they were across the hall from me.

I ignored their conversation and tried to get to art class before I was tardy. I didn’t want to see Brandon but I was sure he wouldn’t try and talk to me since our conversation from the night before didn’t end so well.

As soon as I walked in the classroom I felt happy and cheerful but I noticed Alyssa talking with Brandon. He was probably projecting his feelings accidently to me through the stupid bond we shared. He was smiling and chatting with Alyssa and a sudden feeling of jealousy and anger swept through me. At the same moment, his face changed into a frown and he looked up to see me. I guess he could feel me too.

“Here’s your smock Gracie,” Mrs. Talian said, zapping me back to earth. “We’ll be painting today.”

I thanked her and sat down in my seat without looking up at Brandon. My stupid jealousy and the anger washed away as I tried to calm myself. Everything would be alright once Derek comes back.

“Painting is something that is used to express one’s feeling,” Mrs. Talian said once the bell rang. She went on her lecture about how every brushstroke should reflect on what we felt and what was on our mind. She showed us examples of famous paintings and told us to create our own during the class time given. I had no idea on how to paint or make art so I didn’t know where to start.

“Hey there,” a familiar voice said. I looked up from my blank canvas and sunk into a deep set of green eyes. He had a couple of paintbrushes in his hand and a pant palette.

“Alek? What are you doing here?” I asked, surprised. I didn’t notice he was in this class.

“I’ve always been in this class but I guess you were too distracted with Brandon,” he laughed it off easily. “I’m sorry about yesterday.”

“Oh, no. I’m sorry,” I said quickly. There was no need for him to feel like this was his fault. It was mine and mine only.

“Do you mind if I work here for today?” he asked.