Chapter Seven

Hey guys! How are you doing? Hope you enjoy this Chapter

It's a lot to take in but I'll take my chances ;)

Love it</3 or hate it<3

Gracie’s POV

I woke up with a sudden gasp at my surroundings. It was hard to take in the fact that I was at my parent’s house now. Parents, mom, dad, brother, family, all seemed like foreign vocabulary on my tongue that I had not yet tamed.

I got up slowly and realized I didn’t have any change of clothes to change into. All the stuff was left back at the hotel. Suddenly, there was a knock on my door and Derek came in with my bag.

“Good morning, little wolf. Thought you might want this,” he said, tossing my bag with my clothes. “Went to the hotel this morning and got everything settled.”

“Thanks Derek,” I replied. There was no hint at all from yesterday’s kiss. It made me giggly and happy finally feel his lips on mine. I wasn’t a lip virgin anymore!

“No problem. Marcy-I mean your mom is making breakfast downstairs. You should go grab something to eat,” Derek advised and started for the door. Any sign of the kiss had completely vanished and now I couldn’t help but feel disappointed.

What was more disappointing was that Derek didn’t go to school at all that day. He said he had to take a short trip back to his house in Michigan to see how everything was running. The whole day went by rather dully that I didn’t even have any energy to bother a teacher. No, instead most of the teachers liked me because I was Amos’ brother, the school’s basketball star.

I walked down the hallways to my last class, trying to avoid the curious looks from others when I saw Brandon coming down the hallway with a girl snaked in his side. I instantly walked to the opposite side of the hallway, hoping I wouldn’t attract any more attention but my move had made most of the werewolves in school to whisper louder like annoying gnats that would never leave you alone.

Brandon seemed to notice it and took his hands off of his girlfriend. He whispered something in her ear and could tell she didn’t look particularly happy. I then saw Brandon coming up to me and I walked faster to my destination.

“Gracie, hold up!” he called after me and put his hand on my shoulder, making the tingling sensation we already had to a full volume. I flinched and shrugged his hand off of me, letting the excited feeling die down. I had to tame whatever feeling I had.

“What do you want?” I asked, mockingly sweet.

“Seriously, don’t be like this,” he pleaded.

“Be like what?” I snapped. “I’m not the one with a girlfriend and it’s not my business. I don’t know what we were exactly eight years ago but I know where we stand now. You made it pretty obvious.”

I left him there speechless with louder whispers surrounding me but I didn’t regret it once. It was now his problem to deal with.  I quickly walked to art class which Derek had forced me to take. He told me that art was something to be treasured for and look greatly upon. I rolled my eyes as he went on about Da Vinci and Michelangelo.

Yesterday’s class was all about abstract drawings but the teacher gave us a free day to catch up with whatever projects we hadn’t completed. Since I just started school yesterday, she handed me a black leather bounded book with blank pages.

“Use this well. This is where artists create their thoughts into drawing. Let your thoughts draw for you and then show me by the end of class for credit.” Ms. Talian handed me the book and let me start on my drawing.