Chapter Eight

Hey guys! Whew, I hope you like this Chapter. Gahhhh, so much going on my head will explode x_x R.I.P. lol welll, ANYWAYS. Hope you enjoy this new installment and hope you have an awesome day ;D

Love it

“OK, try it again,” Amos asked when we got home. I was sitting on my desk back at the house with the art book in front of me. Amos made himself comfortable on my bed, having his arms over his head and his legs spread out.

“Ugh, Amos please. Not the bed,” I sighed, looking over my shoulder from where I sat.

“Oh come on. You forget everything about our past yet you still remember how you loathe people on your bed. It’s ridiculous,” Amos complained.

“If I didn’t know any better you’re jealous of my bed,” I smirked. Amos got off the bed and came over to my desk.

“Oh come on. That’s stupid,” he scoffed. “But seriously you don’t remember anything at all?” He looked deep into my eyes to try and pry anything but he found nothing.

“Nope. Sorry,” I shrugged. “I usually had a flash or a glimpse of mom, dad, you, and Brandon.”

“Well at least you’re here,” Amos sighed, smiling. “Now try using your ability again.”

“Amos, I can’t. It doesn’t work when I want it to. I think it only comes at certain times.” I stretched and got up from my chair and plopped myself on the bed.

“OK, I’m pretty sure dad can tell us more about your ability,” Amos shrugged and sat on my chair. “Hey, it’s not fair how you get to sit on your bed but I can’t.” Amos frowned but I laughed at his childish complaint.

“Oh come on!” I rolled my eyes. “Don’t act like a baby,” I teased.

“Wait. I just noticed something,” Amos said, sitting up straight on the chair and leaned forward. “ You kind of have a British accent. What’s up with that?”

“Well, I think I might’ve picked it up from Derek. When I was still young, I didn’t really go out much and he was the only one I talked to,” I explained shyly.

“Did he ever…do things to you?” Amos asked slowly.

“No! Of course not!”  I exclaimed. How can he even think that? “Derek is a gentleman and he would never hurt me!”

“OK, OK, just asking,” Amos raised his hand in defeat. “Just worried for a sec there sis.”

“Has Brandon ever done things with his girlfriend?” I blurted out asking before I knew what came out of my mouth. “Crap. I didn’t mean to say that,” I said quickly. What in the world was going on with me? Amos, however, thought that was the funniest thing in the world.

“You got to be kidding me,” he laughed, close to tears. “But then again, you two were always jealous at each other.”

I frowned. “What do you mean?” I had no reason to be jealous of Brandon. Geez, he could go all over his girlfriend. See if I care.

“Well you two knew you guys were mate since the day you were born,” Amos said, thinking back. “Gee, I think he claimed you the week you were born,” he chuckled.

“What is being claimed mean?” I asked. All these new vocabulary was getting me confused. Derek had tried to teach me about werewolf society but he didn’t know much himself.

“Instead of marking, werewolves might claim their mate earlier by vowing,” Amos explained. “The vow can’t be broken unless the claimed mate also agrees to let go of the promise.”