Chapter Five

Hey guys! Hope you have been having fun reading this far! Thanks and I hope you enjoy:D

Love it</3 or hate it <3

Gracie’s POV

Mrs. Awbrey continued sobbing but Amos pulled her away. “She’s not Gracie mom. Let it go and accept that she’s dead,” Amos said harshly but I could tell that even he started to doubt his own words.

“It’s her. I know my daughter when I see her,” Mrs. Awbrey argued. So she was my mom.

“I don’t see how that’s possible. She just came to town with this guy,” Amos said pointing to Derek.

“It’s rude to point little boy,” Derek said annoyed. “Mrs. Awbrey, is your husband by any chance, the James Awbrey. One of the Elders?” Mrs. Awbrey seemed to find her senses and notice that there was another male in front of her. She brushed the tears from her eyes and smiled.

“Why yes he is,” Mrs. Awbrey sniffed. “Please, all of you come in.” She led us inside the house, holding my hand the entire time. I gave Derek a nervous look but he nodded for me to continue. I trusted him on this and followed her in the house and towards a large home office.

“James dear, there’s someone here to see you,” Mrs. Awbrey said, barely able to contain her excitement.

“Yes, come in,” a great voice boomed, inviting us in. I gulped but Derek put a hand on my back and I felt reassured. Amos scowled at Derek’s hand but kept his distance

Mrs. Awbrey opened the door and announced myself to who I guessed was Mr. Awbrey, my dad, because he had the same bright blue eyes.

“Marcy, are you joking? Abducting girls who fit the description of Gracie is not going to bring her back,” Mr. Awbrey said angrily but there was complete sadness in them as he spoke.

“But it is her,” Mrs. Awbrey said smiling. “Go on child.” She gently pushed me toward him and I stood still, afraid of his big shoulders and buff arms.

He swiftly came up to me, looking at me face to face. He was so close to my face, I could notice the stubble of a beard that was growing and the smell his cologne. He walked around me slowly, examining me and it felt weird but I tried to keep still. I saw him coming from the other side of my eye and he walked to face me again, completing his three hundred sixty degree observation.

“It’s really you,” he said barely in a whisper and he squeezed me tightly rather than hugging me. I stood there, smiling, feeling accomplished that I finally found my parents. He let go of me after what seemed to be decades and smiled.

Derek coughed from behind and Mr. Awbrey looked up as if he hadn’t noticed him. “Hello, James,” Derek greeted by name.

“Ah, Derek Hainsworth. We’re you responsible for this?” he beamed at him. I felt nervous and scared for Derek since werewolves and vampires weren’t so fond of each other but Mr. Awbrey, I mean dad looked as if he was a good friend of his.

“A very long story but yes. I think we should talk about this privately without the children,” he said, looking at Amos.

“I’m not a child. We’re in the same grade,” he scoffed.

“I’m immortal,” Derek said patiently. He turned his body towards Amos, giving him full attention. “I was only in your grade so I could watch over Gracie inside the school building.”

“Father, is this true? Is he really the vampire king?” Amos looked up at his dad, hoping he would prove him wrong.

“Yes, son. He is and a very good friend of mine in fact,” Mr. Awbrey smiled. “I expect better manners from you next time. Now go take Gracie to her old room and have the maid order some clothes for her. She will need new ones.”