Chapter Nine

Hey guys! Hope you like this Chapter. New characters!!!~ Enjoy:D

Love it</3 or hate it<3

Feedbacks are VERY welcomed (:

Gracie’s POV

Dinner was awful. They made us sit next to each other which only made things awkward for us but the parents didn’t notice anything wrong. They were too busy planning and discussing about our future.

I tried to take interest in my food but I didn’t have appetite to eat at all. Amos gave me a couple of worried glances but I shook my head telling him I didn’t want to discuss it at the moment. He respected the distance and ate his food quietly.

Brandon didn’t say anything either. He ate his food quietly and excused himself shortly after he finished. “I need to go back home. There’s a Human Anatomy test tomorrow and I need to study,” he said, copying Amos’ excuse.

“Since when did you study?” Brandon’s dad scoffed. “Sit down boy. There are still many things to discuss.”

“I rather not,” Brandon trailed.

“Oh, let the boy go,” Brandon’s mom insisted. “He’s not the one doing the planning.”

“Thank you mother,” he bowed slightly and left before his dad could say any more.

“That boy needs to learn his place. He’s probably going to sneak off with that human girl,” his dad said disappointed.

“Actually he broke up with her today,” Amos quipped and the parents looked at each other pleased.

“It’s a good thing for Brandon. That girl always came over and sometimes stayed over for the night,” Brandon’s mom said angrily. “She doesn’t have any respect for her elders.”

“What?! You mean your son had sex with her and you haven’t done anything about it?” my dad shouted angrily and my mom had to remind him to not go overboard in front of me. I already felt the need to barf. Sex with Alyssa? Why didn’t I see that one coming? That could’ve helped me in my argument.

“We don’t know but our son is out of control, that one. We’re sorry for the actions of our son,” Brandon’s dad apologized.

“It’s all the past,” my mom spoke up. “Let’s just leave it at that.”

After the little unsettling conversation, they went on a different topic about the pack and business things. Amos and I had excused ourselves from the table, skipping dessert.

I made my way to my room but before I could close it, Amos blocked it from shutting with his foot.

“Talk to me, Gracie,” Amos said, worriedly. “What happened?”

“What do you mean?” I asked, trying to look confused. “I don’t know what you’re trying to say.”

“You know you suck at lying?” Amos chuckled and invited himself in. I sighed, seeing no point on letting him in when he wasn’t going to take ‘no’ for an answer. “So tell me,” he said, sitting on my bed making me scowl.

“There’s nothing much to say. We just don’t like each other,” I shrugged, choosing to sit on my chair instead of the bed.

“Brandon would never give you up,” Amos said. “Even if you don’t remember him, he’ll still come for you.”

“Well, I’m sure he’ll get off my back,” I said, feeling relieved although guilty of what happened.

“Don’t be so sure,” Amos warned, giving me a look. I shifted uncomfortably in my chair, wanting to move onto a different topic.