Chapter Four

Hey guys! Hope you're doing awesome on this fine summer hot humid day ><

Hope you enjoy this Chapter. It's finally moving onwards so hope you enjoy that :) I'm dedicating this Chapter to leourasalvator because she keeps encouraging me to write and she's amazing at encouraging. Well, thank you and hope you all enjoy~

Love it</3 or hate it<3

Gracie’s POV

Everything was going a little too fast. This kid suddenly appeared and bowed to Derek, first calling him ‘master’ then blabbering on about how he’s the ‘vampire king.’ I mean what the heck?

I asked Derek to elaborate but what does he do? He throws something more into my face. He just told me the guy with the striking blue eyes from the day before was my brother.

“How would you know anything? For all I know, my sister is dead,” spat the blue eyed guy.

“I know because when I touched you, I saw everything,” Derek explained. He told me about his special ability just once. He didn’t really go any deeper but told me he could look into people’s mind and memories with a touch or a brush of a hand.

“What are you exactly?” the guy asked. He lost the kindness he had when he first greeted Derek.

The random kid scoffed. “Are you kidding me Amos? He’s the vampire king!”

“Some vampire king he is,” the guy named Amos smirked. “What permission do you think you have to trespass?”

Derek suddenly pulled Amos by his collar and pushed him against the lockers which caused a gasps from on-lookers. “If I were you, I’d be wiser about what comes out of my mouth,” Derek hissed. “I have every right to go as I please.” He wasn’t always great with his temper and I had to admit, that Amos kid was really getting annoying. How could he even talk to Derek like that?

“Derek, you promised. No troubles,” I said, trying to get his attention. I laid a hand on his arms and he finally let go. Amos stumbled, embarrassed at the stares he received but it didn’t stop him from his attitude.

“What the hell, man? Just leave us all alone,” Amos sneered.

“No words for your sister?” Derek asked harshly.

“My sister is dead. Nothing can stop that. She was shot in the woods and disappeared afterwards,” Amos growled and stomped off with his friends. They seemed to question him but he blew them off.

“Derek, what’s going on?” I asked. I felt like I knew everything but I was afraid that if I said it out loud, it would come true.

“I’m sorry Gracie,” Derek sighed. “But that was your brother.”

“Yeah, I can feel that,” I flinched when he said ‘brother.’ “He’s definitely the blue eyed boy from my flashback,” I mumbled. I wished he would come back and hug his long lost sister but he strongly believed against it.

“Don’t fret, little wolf. I promise I will resolve this,” Derek said, pulling me in the direction of my next class.

“Wait, so you really are the vampire king?” I asked, looking up at his green eyes. Who could have ever guessed? He looked incredibly young and immature if you asked me. Derek laughed.

“Yes, I am but please don’t let that change anything between us,” he said putting an arm around my shoulder. Did that count for yesterday’s encounter on the couch too?

“Hey, can you read my mind?” I asked instead, curious if he even knew I had a crush on him. Derek furrowed his eyebrows.

“No, not you. Your mind is blocked off from me. Your memories are all fogged up that I can’t really get any read from you,” he said truthfully. Thank goodness.