Chapter Twelve

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't uploaded in a looooong time. This Chapter is pretty long I think but it doesn't have those "OMG" cliffhangers...or maybe it does. I guess it depends on your opinion xD

The picture on the right column is Jake Hartley, a new character. I don't know if he's going to be important yet though so tell me what you think(:

Well without any further interruptiongs, here's the new Chapter:D

Love it</3 or hate it<3

Gracie’s POV

“Gracie! We’re going to be late for school!” The weekend past too quickly to my distaste, I found myself slipping on my heavy bag and making myself go downstairs. It was still weird to live at such a nice house with a real family.

“Amos, we’re not late,” I said when I checked the clock. We were actually half an hour early. I pulled off my bag and placed it at the kitchen island.

“I know but I thought it would be fun to make you rush,” Amos laughed. I frowned but I couldn’t keep the smile off my face.

“Whatever,” I stuck my tongue out. “What are you doing anyways?” He seemed to have some sort of mix in a bowl and was stirring it with an apron that read: Kiss the cook.

“It’s pancakes,” he grinned like a child. “Well it’s mix right now but I promise that it’ll be delicious once it’s ready.”

“You know how to cook?” I smirked. Amos was tall and widely built with natural muscles that ran in werewolf’s blood but he seemed very out of place in the kitchen making pancakes with the hilarious apron.

“Of course I do!” Amos gasped, pretending to be deeply offended.

“What? Do I look like a helpless jock to you?” he asked but frowned. “Wait, don’t answer that.” We shared a light laugh about what he was meant. Most of the high school basketball team was made of werewolves and very strong, yet clueless humans. Only if they knew what they were up against.

“What’s so funny in here,” a grinning Derek said.

“Derek!” I gasped, taking in his attire for the day. He had a leather jacket he always loved and jeans with black Vans. “What are you doing here so early?”

“Thought I might stop by,” Derek shrugged. “Am I not allowed in?”

“No, you just frightened me,” I smiled. “It’s good to have you back.” I hugged him which startled him but he held no resistance with hugging me back.

“Little wolf, you’re a little emotional this morning,” Derek chuckled.

“More like offensive,” Amos wrinkled his nose. “She offended my pancake making skills.”

“You don’t look much like a cooker, Amos,” Derek commented, making me laugh.

“I told you Amos,” I cracked up as Amos stuck his tongue out and began to flip his pancakes in the air. It looked easy by the way he was doing it but I knew it was probably harder than I thought. “You’re pretty good at that,” I laughed at his trick. Derek and I continued to watch Amos’ pancake show until there was a coughing sound by the entrance.

“Hey Brandon.” Amos was the first one to notice and waved to his friend. “Would you like pancakes?” Amos asked but we all ended up laughing at our short but fun pancake experience.

“No, it’s OK. I just thought I should stop but it seems you guys are already preoccupied with a guest,” Brandon said it but it wasn’t harsh as it sounded. Derek nodded and an acknowledgement came between them. They must have spoken together because they didn’t look hostile nor had any discomfort in the other.