Chapter Thirteen

You probably thought this story was left untouched but have no fear, I uploaded!:D I just realized I haven't uploaded in almost two months which really seems like it was all yesterday. Hope you enjoy this long Chapter! There are special guests from the main story so hope you enjoy! Remember to comment! I want to see what you think of our special guests :) ENJOY~

No matter where I looked, I wasn’t able to find Brandon. Bell after bell I checked his next class but there was no sign of him. I told Amos everything that had happened but he seemed less interested on Brandon’s whereabouts. Instead he had other issues he would rather talk about.

“Don’t be friends with Alek! Don’t talk to him, look at him, or have any association with him. Do you understand me?” Amos growled. It was his first time he let his inner wolf lead him to act angry towards me and honesty, I was scared on the inside.

I must have been obviously frightened because he sighed and looked at me, deep into my eyes. “Just do us a favor and stay away from Alek. He’s not good for any of us.”

“He thinks I’m Derek’s sister, not yours,” I said but Amos didn’t look relieved. He looked around nervously to see if people were looking and bent towards me so that his head was tilted down right past my ear.

“You don’t look like Derek. You look like me and people are soon going to notice that, Gracie.” Amos said in a low voice.

“Amos, I can make my own choices but I’ll be careful,” I assured him. “Alek isn’t a threat.”

Amos ran a hand down his cheek and groaned in annoyance. “I’m telling you Gracie, don’t talk to him.”

“What kind of grudge do you have against him?” I crossed my arm, wanting more explanation. The longer he kept warning me only fueled my anger little by little.

“I don’t know what his problem is but I get this really bad vibe off of him. Brandon feels it too and he’s almost never wrong at guessing people’s feelings,” Amos warned. He sighed when he saw that it was no good convincing me so he patted my back instead, leading me out the building. “Let’s just go home sis.”

***

Amos’ car slowly went up the long driveway in front of the house. I looked at it again, still finding it hard to describe the feeling of being loved by other people besides Derek. I finally had a home and a family. One thing missing from the perfect picture life was Derek’s car.

“Where’s Derek?” I asked, noticing the empty driveway. The parents always parked their car inside the garage so Derek and Amos always occupied the outside.

“I’m not really sure,” Amos said, his eyes furrowing. “Maybe he’s just not home. He’s probably busy.”

“Or maybe he moved out to rent a place in town so he can watch those two bloodsuckers while he stays here,” a voice suddenly said amused. I froze upon hearing Brandon’s voice and slowly turned around to face him.

His face bore no expression but I saw him stop in his track when our eyes met. There was a small twitch in the corner of his mouth but he shrugged it off.

“How do you know Brandon and what the hell are you doing here man?” Amos asked, walking in front of me as if to protect me.

“Your mom needed help with some of the decoration for tonight,” Brandon said, pointing behind him. “She’s out doing herself.”

“What decoration?” I asked. I had no idea what Brandon was talking about but it seemed to me that I was the only one out of the loop because Amos nodded his head. Brandon seemed to ignore me and smile.