An Alpha's Love

By solsticed

"You're mine," he growls lowly, bringing me back into his warm embrace. "I don't understand," I whisper as a... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 14

32.8K 939 107
By solsticed

My jaw drops at Sebastian's words.  I probably look pretty stupid, but I can't help it.  This guy is an absolute psychopath!

Suddenly, a door slams open and I jump several inches off of the chair.  One of the guys that was with Damien when they knocked me out comes running in, looking totally out of breath.

"Alpha!  They're here," he pants.

Sebastian's eyebrows furrow, and his lip curls up into a frightening snarl.  "How the hell did they find us already?!"

Damien looks surprised, his usually calm demeanor gone.  "I don't know, Alpha.  We made sure no one was following us!"

Sebastian growls loudly, turning and slamming his fist into the wall, leaving a large hole.  I flinch at his actions, and close my eyes, praying that he doesn't decide to punch me next.  I'm pretty sure that one hit from him would literally kill me on the spot.

"Clearly whatever the hell you thought you did, didn't work!  We're not ready for them!" Sebastian yells, his face turning red, and his cold, grey eyes darkening to almost black.  I remember when Braxton's eyes doing a similar thing when he was mad at me.  Maybe it's a werewolf thing.

"I know, Alpha," Damien says quietly, looking down and exposing the right side of his neck to Sebastian.

The three guys are all silent for a bit, before Sebastian turns towards me, still looking pretty pissed off.  "Your little mate may have won this time, but don't think that you've seen the last of me.  I don't leave my business unfinished."

With that threat, Sebastian turns and walks angrily out the door, with Damien and mystery guy right behind him.  I wait a few moments, hearing them getting farther and farther away, before I throw my uneaten apple to the floor and start using my free hand to untie the other.

The ropes are super tight, and they take me several minutes to undo.  Once I do, I rub my stinging wrist and stand up.  I almost fall over the second I'm on my feet, as both of my legs are literally asleep.  I must have been out for quite a while for my legs to feel like this.

For real though, what is it with me and sleeping, fainting, or being knocked out recently?

After my legs regain their strength, I make my way out the door that Sebastian, Damien, and the other guy went out.  The rest of the building is no better than the room I was previously in, and I shiver because of how cold it is.  I see a staircase and figure that I must be in a basement.

I jog over to the old wooden staircase that looks like it could fall apart at any second.  It should hold me through, as it must have stayed in one piece when the guys went up it a few minutes ago.

As quietly as I possibly can, I walk up the staircase, careful to avoid any creaks.  As I get closer and closer to the top, I hear what sounds like a huge fight.  There are growls, yells, and even whimpers.  I swallow my fear, knowing that this is the only way out.

I reach the top of the stairs and find myself in an old, abandoned house.  I see a large window, so I go over and crouch down underneath it.  The fighting noises are even louder here, and I can only assume it looks like a war zone outside.

But, I can't help my curiosity, and move the curtains over a fraction in order to peak out, only to find out that my fears are confirmed.  There are at least fifty wolves outside the house, literally fighting each other.  I know that they are all werewolves, based on the fact that they attack each other just as humans would.

I scan the fight, looking to see if there are any cars that I can use to get out of here.  I find none, but I do see Braxton and Asher, both in their human form, fighting with Damien and the guy he was with before. I don't see Sebastian anywhere.

I pull away from the window, worried that someone might see me.  I decide that my best bet will be to hide out in here until this whole ordeal is over.  As I'm looking around for a good hiding place, I hear a loud bang that makes me flinch.  From my vantage point, I can see what I only assume is the front door open.  There are several guys involved in a scuffle in the foyer, and while they fight, I silently crawl back to the stairs, praying that I go unnoticed.

"Where the hell is she!?" The words are barely intelligible, as they are accompanied by a deep growl.  I recognize it immediately as being Braxton, though, and relief floods through my body.  I assume the 'she' he mentioned is referring to me.  Maybe I should let him know I'm here?

"You haven't even marked her yet... for all you know, she could already be dead," a smug voice replies.  I know it's Damien, and I can imagine the cocky smirk on his face.  His presence makes me feel super nervous again, so I choose to continue on down to the basement to find a good place to hide and wait until this whole thing blows over.

As I'm descending the staircase, I hear a loud snarl that makes me move even quicker.  Once I'm in the basement, I run back to the room that I woke up in.  It was a super dark room, and I remember seeing a table I could easily hide under.

I close the door to the room behind me and get under said table.  I try to even out my breathing, so if someone does come in, they hopefully won't hear me.

I don't know how long I wait underneath that table.  It could have been minutes... it could have been hours.  My fear is ruining my ability to keep track of time in my head.

Then, I hear footsteps getting closer and closer to.  My heart rate increases rapidly, and I pray that whoever it is doesn't come into this room.

My luck continues to be absolutely nonexistent when the door opens.  I close my eyes in fear, waiting for what I assume is my inevitable death.

A large, warm hand closes around one of my ankles, and I let out a loud screech as it pulls me out from underneath the table.  My eyes fly open, and I'm prepared to come face to face with Sebastian, who I'm beginning to believe is the physical embodiment of death.

Instead, I see the most beautiful pair of clear blue eyes in the world.  The fear I once had is nowhere to be found, and I even think my heart flutters a bit.  Before I can say anything, I'm wrapped in Braxton's strong and comforting arms.

We stay in that position for a while, my face against Braxton's chest and one of his hands tracing reassuring circles into my back.  Finally, I pull back, and meet his intense gaze.

"You... you saved me," I choke out, struggling to hold back tears.

"Of course I did." Braxton responds with such certainty that I feel stupid for ever doubting him. "You're mine," he growls lowly, bringing me back into his warm embrace.

"I don't understand," I whisper as a few tears run down my cheeks.

Braxton reaches up and softly caresses my face, before using his thumb to brush away the tears.  "You will," he promises, placing a soft kiss on my forehead.  "For now, just accept the fact that you are mine and I love you."

"You... you love me?" I ask, looking up at him with wide eyes.  I haven't heard those words in such a long time that they almost sound like a foreign language.

Braxton nods.  "I love you with all of my heart, and I pray to the Moon Goddess every day that eventually you will feel the same about me."

I feel blood rush to my cheeks, and I look down, unsure of what to say.

Suddenly, Braxton lifts me up, so that he is carrying me bridal style.  I throw my arms around his neck, not wanting to fall.

"Don't you dare drop me," I tell him seriously, leaning into his muscular body

Braxton chuckles at my words before pressing another kiss to my forehead.  "Don't worry princess, I've got you."

"Where are we going?" I ask as he carries me out the door, and back up the rickety stairs.

"Home."

~*~

Above is another picture of the beautiful Thom Morell, who plays Braxton.

Hey guys! I really hope that you all liked this chapter!

I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to update so quickly. I've been accepted into college, so I have a lot less on my plate now, meaning updates should speed up!

And Happy Thanksgiving! I'm super thankful for all of my readers :)

Thanks once again, and please don't forget to vote and comment!

- Nina

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

222K 6.3K 33
FORGIVENESS is the best form of love... it takes a strong person to say SORRY and an even stronger person to FORGIVE... ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...
9.7M 331K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...
4.7K 195 32
Second Chance Mates: Nova & Braxton's Story Being a werewolf is supposed to be exciting. The excitement of your first shift and finding your mate...
28.6M 878K 55
I glared up at him my eyes narrowed, "Excuse me?" I was beyond livid by the words that just came out of his mouth. My glare didn't falter when Parker...