The Beta's Mate

بواسطة sandstorm2453

I found my mate at school. He was eighteen, I was seventeen. He was one of the school's populars; I was one o... المزيد

The Beta's Mate
The Beta's Mate Ch.2
The Beta's Mate Ch.3
The Beta's Mate Ch.4
The Beta's Mate Ch.5
The Beta's Mate Ch.6
The Beta's Mate Ch.7
The Beta's Mate Ch.8
The Beta's Mate Ch.9
The Beta's Mate Ch.10
The Beta's Mate Ch.11
The Beta's Mate Ch.12
The Beta's Mate Ch.13
The Beta's Mate Ch.14
The Beta's Mate Ch.15
The Beta's Mate Ch.16
The Beta's Mate Ch.17
The Beta's Mate Ch.18
The Beta's Mate Ch.19
The Beta's Mate Ch.20
The Beta's Mate Ch.21
The Beta's Mate Ch.22
The Beta's Mate Ch.23
The Beta's Mate Ch.24
The Beta's Mate Ch.25
The Beta's Mate Ch.26
The Beta's Mate Ch.27
The Beta's Mate Ch.28
The Beta's Mate Ch.29
The Beta's Mate Ch.30
The Beta's Mate Ch.31
The Beta's Mate Ch.32
The Beta's Mate Ch.34
The Beta's Mate Ch.35

The Beta's Mate Ch.33

9.9K 272 19
بواسطة sandstorm2453

"You have to promise not to tell anyone though." I make him promise then add, "They would never let me go."

"And maybe for a good reason, Maiken pack isn't a bunch of pups. They take training a lot more seriously, wolves get promoted for knocking their training opponent out. Deaths during training aren't rare and not completely discouraged." Keane explains with a worried expression.

"I'll just find another way to contribute to the pack, I don't have to be a warrior. You seem to know a lot about Maiken pack," I comment.

He's shaking his head at my response when I look up at him, "Caroline and I have spent some time with them on our travels, they don't work like that. In Maiken everyone is a warrior." He assures me, making my stomach twist, what if he was right? I wasn't warrior material.

"Lana!" I heard my name being called, I looked away from Keane to see Caleb approaching. I take one last look at Keane reminding him of my request that he doesn't tell anyone my plans before standing up to meet Caleb. "Hey, what are you two talking about?" Caleb asks as I reach him, his arm is out reaching for my hip to pull me to him so he can kiss my temple.

I smile before pulling away and looking up at his face, he is giving Keane a neutral but calculating look, probably trying to figure out if he was a threat to our new developing relationship but not wanting to threaten the delicate relationship we had by questioning my friendships with other males. "We were just discussing a music assignment. We pretty much have to make a cover of a song. The only problem is he won't tell me what song we're doing."

"How are you two going to practice if he doesn't tell you what song you two are doing?" Caleb inquired as puzzled as I was.

"I know right. Anyways you came looking for me?"

"Yeah I figured we could walk to class together, because couples do that together right?" He questions uncertain. I can't help the small laugh escaping my lip, wasn't he the one who'd been with a ton of girls, I was going on my short lasting relationship with Mark. It wasn't bad by all means, it just meant Caleb had a lot more experience.

"You tell me, did you walk all your girlfriends to class?" I ask innocently then squeak as he pulls us to an abrupt stop.

"Please don't ever use that against me. I admit to my mistakes and I apologize from the deepest parts of my soul, just help me make my mistakes better." He requests.

I smile softly and gently cup his stubble covered cheek, "I didn't mean it in a manner to use against you. You seriously have a shit ton more experience than I do in this. But I promise to try my best not to use it against you. Unless you really really piss me off, then anything is fair game." I tease but his smile is tight, I shake my head at his touchiness on the subject but let it drop. This wasn't the place for this conversation in case it went downhill. "We'll talk about it later, but we have to get going or we'll be late for class." I inform him pulling him along with me.

"Will you come over for a game night with my family Friday?" I ask Caleb in the middle of biology, "Jenna can come too!"

"I'll have to talk to Jon to make sure I don't have any Beta duties but I'm sure it should work." He agreed, "Do you want me to bring anything?"

"MMM, your mother's cheese cake, it's my favourite!" I tell him excitedly.

"The chocolate one?"

"That's the one!" I say too enthusiastically making the teacher turn around to scold the loud student, but I quickly hide my outburst by going back to writing notes. Across the row Caleb is splitting his guts.

"Mr. Foster you can excuse yourself to the principal's office." The teacher stated waving her hand to the door.

"Me? but she's the one who shouted!" He said incredulously motioning to me, I could tell he wasn't angry at me though.

"And you are the one that is continuing to disrupt the class. Now go take it up with the principal in his office." The teacher retorted becoming impatient.

Caleb scoffed and collected his things, I gave him a small smirk as I continued with my note taking. "You keep that smirk on your face Lana. We'll see who's smirking when I'm through with you after school." He whispers in my ear as he heads out, also leaving a quick peck on my cheek. The blood rushed to my cheeks as I heard the class mumbling. It was getting out quick that Caleb and I were finally together. If only they knew how brief it would be, I had less than two months with Caleb, and even less time before I had to tell him that we wouldn't be able to be together.

Sure enough Caleb found me after school, he approached me from behind without my realizing and grasped my head in a headlock before ruffling my hair, "Hey," I complain before straightening up and fixing my hair, "What was that for?" I ask looking up at his smirking face.

"Oh, I think you know what it's for." He replied with his devilish smirk. "By the way your little stunt cost me my freedom Friday night. The principal told Alpha Jake and I'm on double patrol now." He scowled.

"Damn it, I'm sorry. I just really wanted cheese cake." I pout.

"Well no cheese cake for anyone this time." He replies. "Come on, let's go to your place. I haven't seen Gavin in weeks." I followed a step behind him impressed, he really was trying. I'm glad he realised that my family was important to me and that it was important to me that he got along with them.

We ended up spending the evening playing COD with Gavin who for once kicked both of our asses even though we were trying our hardest. "Man kid you've gotten good." Caleb comments enthusiastically after Gavin had defeated us six games straight.

"Yeah, have you been taking private lessons?" I ask seriously, nobody gets that good that quickly without someone showing them how.

"Yeah, dad's been playing with me." Gavin sounded disappointed which made me really look at him, "You've been busy with all the pack stuff and all the guys. You never play with me anymore."

I felt a lump rise in my throat, he was right my life had been hectic lately and I had totally forgotten to include him in it. I realize then that maybe he would understand best what I was going through, he'd been adopted into this pack too not really knowing his real parents. I looked at Caleb for what to say but he seemed just as lost for words as I have.

"You're right Gav, I don't always include you. But my life has change in so many ways in the past weeks I've found out that Holloway isn't really my pack, I've broken up with Mark, I've made new friends with Keane and Caroline, I found out I'm the daughter to an Alpha and just yesterday Caleb and I have decided to start working on our relationship. But that doesn't mean you're not important to me, you're my rock, something that will never ever change in my life. Even though we're not blood related you're still my brother and you always will be." I promised embracing him in a hug which he returned tightly.

"Hey I have an idea," Caleb spoke up suddenly, "Let's go for ice cream. We can try all the flavours!" Gavin of course agreed enthusiastically. So we walked to the ice cream store, trying all the flavours because Gavin couldn't decide on one and insisted we try them all to make sure we get our favourite. I ended up with a salted caramel flavour, Caleb with a black cherry and Gavin with bubble gum, typical kid.

It was getting late when we got back to our house and we all had school the next day so Gavin ran inside to get ready for bed as Caleb walked me to the door.

"Thank you for tonight Caleb, I'm really glad Gavin likes you. You two seem to get on well." I state.

Caleb give me a shy smile, "I always wanted a little brother. Maybe someday he'll be that younger brother. And it was nothing, I like seeing the two of you together he brings out the happy, carefree you. Don't be offended when I say this but Mark never did that for you."

I honestly tried not to be offended by that but what did he know? He never witnessed mine and Mark's intimate moments, he would also probably be the blame for me not being able to be happy and carefree with Mark –I was always on my guard with Caleb around waiting for the next "accident". But I didn't want to sour the mood so I kept my thoughts to myself. Instead I smiled and kissed him on the lips before pulling away, "Goodnight Caleb," I say quietly as I slip into my house closing the door gently behind me.

I hear him walk away as I lean against the door with a big grin on my face, finally things are looking up on mine and Caleb's relationship. I may only have two months left with Caleb but I wouldn't waste a moment of it, I would spend my moments with Caleb to their fullest and hope something would save me from my only option to join Maiken pack. If nothing saved me in that time I would accept my fate willingly with the Maiken pack, prepared for whatever came my way.

**************

A/N 

So what do you think? Is Caleb truely over his previous ways or will old habits die hard? And will Lana find away to avoid joining Maiken pack?

Sorry for the long wait again! It's not the longest chapter, kind of a filler chapter half because I needed an update half because I needed to kill time in the story. I'm really angry because I feel as soon as Lana is with a guy I forget all the cute couple scenes I plan out for them, this is probably the ultimate reason why I broke Mark and Lana up I felt their scenes where either cheesy, cliché or just not right. Let me know what you all think in the comments

The Beta's Mate has also made it to #302 in the werewolf categorie at least that was the highest I saw it as and WTF that is unreal! 

You can now find me on instagram: sandstorm2453 . I may post updates on what I am doing when I'm not writting and possibly send some writting updates!

I hope you all have a safe week filled with hope and strength!

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

653K 20.1K 33
My name is Kacey Artega, I am 17 years old, and I am in the risingmoon pack. Wolves are normally meant to find there mates at 15 years old, yet I'm 1...
Alpha بواسطة k

المستذئب

61.4K 1.9K 37
My name Kelila. I know it's weird for a 17yr old girl to have that name but oh well. Well I'm a Werewolf. Yeah go run away screaming whatever, I'm...
366K 10.6K 24
Y'know that one girl who's they called the pack slut. That's me, Arielle WaterCrest. I'm actually a virgin I just flirt with boys, to get his attenti...
556K 12.5K 29
Taylor Greenwood only had two friends; the alphas son and her twin brother. When the future alpha turns eighteen, two things will happen: he will be...