Illegal love ~ the skinchange...

Par LordOfHobbits

Hi!! I am working my way through this book, updating the chapters! (the chapters WITHOUT special titles are n... Plus

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 19
Part 20
Part 22
Part 23 - don't cry
Part 24 - funeral
Part 34 - The afterlife
HEEYYYY! Please read
Hello again!
BOOK 2
Throwback 1
Throwback 2
Part 25 - Throwback 3
Part 26 - Throwback 4 (1)
Part 27 - Throwback 4 (2)
Part 28 - Throwback 5
Part 29 - Throwback 6
Part 30 - Throwback 7 (1)
Part 31 - Throwback 7 (2)
Part 32 - Throwback 7 (3)
Part 33 - Throwback 8
I am still alive??? an update

Part 21

214 8 0
Par LordOfHobbits

The dwarves was securing the gate, when Aspect had lurked away inside Erebor again. She hadn't fully recovered from her injury, and needed some rest. Her wolf-ears was out, and she could hear the dwarves talk and yell to each other outside. By the camp they had set up, she found Bilbo.

"Hi, Bilbo, how are you?," she asked, sitting down besides him. He jumped and hid something in his knapsack.

"Aspect," he said before he cleared his throat. "I am fine." He looked at her and smiled.

"Good, good," she said, still a little suspicious of what he was hiding, but didn't think more of it when Bilbo continued talking.

"How are you, and not at least you and Fili?," he said, with a small, nervous laugh.

"Fine," she said, smiling. "It is a little weird. I feel so locked up and have a urge to flee, but at the same time there is no where I would rather be than right here." She looked around her. "Fili is a good person, isn't he?," Aspect asked, looking back at Bilbo, who looked confused at her.

"Yes, yes of course he is, Aspect. He can barely handle himself when he is with you, I have seen the way he looks at you," Bilbo said reassuring.

Aspect nodded. "I should not doubt that," she said. "But I just have problems... In the past I have been bad at reading people, and have gotten their signals all wrong, I am just afraid to ruin everything with him by making the wrong..." She suddenly stopped to listen to the talking outside.

The dwarves had stopped yelling to each other, and a new scent was in the air. "Something is happening outside. Come," she whispered before she stood up and ran to the balcony.

"Why do you come to gates of the King under the Mountain armed for war?," Thorin asked loud, looking down at something under them. Aspect stepped out on the balcony, and gazed over Dale. An elven army was spread through the whole city. In front of the gate to Erebor was Bard on a white horse.

"Why does the King under the Mountain fence himself in like a robber in his hole?," Bard answered.

"Perhaps it is because I'm expecting to be robbed," Thorin said, looking at Dale.

"My Lord, we have not come to rob you, but to seek fair settlement. Will you not speak with me?," Bard asked. Thorin thought for a little while before nodding. He went down the stairs, and the rest of the Company followed.

"I'm listening," Thorin said, looking through and opening in the stone wall.

"On behalf of the people of Lake-town, I ask that you honor your pledge. A share of the treasure, so that they might rebuild their lives," Bard pleaded.

"I will not treat with any man, while an armed host lies before my door," Thorin said, stone cold.

"That armed host will attack this mountain if we do not come to terms," Bard commanded.

"And your threats do not sway me," Thorin said without flinching.

"What of your conscience?," Bard asked. They both froze and looked at each other for a second. "At least give us the princess. The people need a new hope and a new start. Princess Aspect would be perfect to represent that."

Thorin turned his head quickly, looking at Aspect who was standing with the others, grabbing Fili's hand when she heard Bard's words. Thorin looked back at Bard. "Does it not tell you our cause is just? My people offered you help and in return you brought upon them only ruin and death," Thorin said blank.

"When did the men of Lake-town come to our aid but for the promise of rich reward? A bargain was struck!," Bard yelled.

"A bargain? What choice did we have but to barter our birthright for blankets and food. To ransom our future in exchange for our freedom. You call that a fair trade? Tell me, Bard the dragon-slayer, why should I honor such terms?," Thorin said, putting pressure on the last sentence.

Bard froze. "Because you gave us your word. Does that mean nothing?," he asked, empty.

Thorin took a step away, hiding from Bard's view behind the stone wall, looking at the rest of the Company. Aspect still held Fili's hand tight. This had also given her something to think about.

"Begone! Ere our arrows fly!," Thorin suddenly yelled, after a few seconds of silence. Bard turned away, leaving Erebor in anger.

The Company walked up the stairs to watch Bard make his way back to Dale. Bilbo suddenly spoke up. "What are you doing? You cannot go to war," he said. The others turned around to look at him.

"This does not concern you," Thorin said, like he was talking to a little child.

"Excuse me, but just in case you haven't noticed, there is an army of Elves out there. Not to mention several hundred angry fishermen. We...we are in fact outnumbered," Bilbo stuttered.

"Not for much longer," Thorin smiled satisfied.

"What does that mean?," Bilbo asked, looking at the others standing around them.

"It means, Master Baggins, you should never underestimate Dwarves. We have reclaimed Erebor. Now we defend it," Thorin said, walking down the stairs from the balcony.

*

Aspect was sitting by herself at the stone railing of the balcony, just like she and Fili had done a few days before, thinking. She had tried to make up her mind, whether to take charge in Dale, or hide inside Erebor. The thoughts had been eating on her the whole day, but she couldn't figure out what to do.

"Aspect," Bilbo suddenly whispered behind her. She looked surprised at him. "I am sorry if I startled you." He looked at the railing like he was considering climbing it, but didn't. "I just have a question... I feel like you are the only one I can talk to abut this..." He lowered his voice even more. "Since... You are no dwarf," he whispered low.

"Bring it on, Bilbo," Aspect said, turning around to face him.

"If you had a way to solve this conflict, but it meant breaking the trust of one you could consider... Let us say, a dear friend... Would you do it?," Bilbo whispered.

"In a way, that is something I have been thinking a lot about," Aspect whispered back with a little glimpse in her eyes. She thought she understood what Bilbo meant. "I think I would... I mean, this is going to break out into a battle bigger than anything else, and I feel like there is more to come - not only the dwarves against the elves and the humans, but something has changed in the air. I do not think the orcs was finished with us in Lake-Town."

"Then I think I will do it, though it can be one of the dumbest things I have ever done, it is worth a try, isn't it?," Bilbo asked with a small, hopeful tone, looking at Aspect. She smiled to him.

"It is, Bilbo. You have a lot of courage taking this step, and I will support you, no matter what," Aspect said, smiling to him.

"What are you two talking about?," Fili suddenly asked, stepping up at the balcony.

"Nothing," Aspect said as calmly as she could. Her eyes flickered with a green light. "Bilbo was just telling me about his... idea for when he comes back to Bag End," Aspect continued, looking at Bilbo.

"I am planning on starting my own library when I come home," Bilbo stuttered as normal, looking at Fili who stood tall and proud in front of him. "I will write my own stories."

"Very well, master Baggins," Fili smiled. "Is there any possibility that I could speak with Aspect alone?," he asked, still looking at Bilbo.

"Yes, yes of course," Bilbo said, smiling and nodding. "I will leave you alone." He quickly glided down the stairs and disappeared into the great hall.

"So," Fili said, getting up at the railing. They both hang their feet out towards the fields. "What is happening in that great mind of yours?," he asked, looking at Aspect. She looked at him with a small, sad smile, before looking over at Dale. "I know what Bard said has been spinning around in your head all day, and I want to hear your thoughts about it." He grabbed her hand.

"To be honest, I do not know," Aspect said, looking back at Fili. "I want to stay here, with you," she said, grabbing his hands tighter. "But I also know how it feels to have nothing, to be out where you do not belong at all with nothing and no one to help you. These people are innocent and deserves so much more than this. They deserve someone who will fight for them and do everything to make sure they are okay." Aspect had tears in her eyes as she looked over at Dale. "But that leader is not me. I am not the right leader for that people." Aspect looked back at Fili.

"Aspect, what are you saying? You are born to be a leader," Fili said, grabbing her other arm.

"But I am just not sure that I can lead these people into safety. I do not know where they should go. You too heard what Bard was saying to Thorin. Bard is their rightful leader, not me. I have never been there to help them," Aspect said frustrated.

"Maybe that have been the problem," Fili said, grabbing her hands tighter. "You saw how the situation in Lake-Town was. The people was suffering there too. Here, they have the chance to live in a safe city with walls around them, not on a burning lake."

"In a way, you are right..," Aspect said soft, looking down at the ground under them. "But I want to stay here." She looked back up at Fili. "I do not want to leave you. Can you not come with me?" She looked hopeful at Fili, who suddenly let Aspect's hands go.

"I am sorry, Aspect, but I cannot," Fili said, looking away.

"Why not? You are free to go wherever you would like," Aspect asked with a frustrated undertone.

"Thorin does not want either of us to leave," Fili answered, carefully looking up at Aspect. "Especially not me. I belong with the Company."

"Then why were you talking me up like that?," Aspect asked with detestation.

"Because that is what I think you should do!," Fili said excited, grabbing Aspect's arms again. "Aspect, you are one of the most inspiring and loving people I have ever met. Of course, at first you were a bit cold and hard to read, but once I got to know you I fell in love." He took a moment to smile. Aspect blushed. "You are born to be a leader, and I do not think you should stop just because my uncle says so." He laughed. "But of course," he continued, getting more serious. "I would love for you to stay here with me."

"I... I do not know what to say," Aspect said, laughing. "I sure do have a lot to think about." Aspect said, smiling. "But one thing is sure; I have fallen in love with you too." She grabbed his chin before kissing him.

"Fili, get in here!," they heard Thorin yell inside.

"I guess we will have to finish this later," Fili said charming, giving Aspect a small wink before turning around, jumping down at the stone-floor, running down the stairs.

Aspect was left alone in her own thoughts, when she saw a black crow flying towards her.

The crow landed on the railing besides her. Aspect popped her wolf-ears out. "What is it?," she asked, looking at it. At first the crow's language was hard for Aspect to understand, but when she heard he repeated the same thing over and over, she got it.

"Big tent Dale, we need to discuss important manners," the crow repeated.

"I got it now, thank you," Aspect said, hushing the crow away. The crow screamed two times before flying back the way he came from. Aspect turned around, putting her feet on the balcony, before walking inside. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

128K 4.3K 13
There were many myths about the forest kingdom, whether it was real or not. Some claimed that it's people were immortal while others claim they are t...
14K 558 33
BOOK 1 | Bilbo X OC // Legolas X OC Avatar/Hobbit crossover ~ The only phenomenons that any creature of any given race can not stand up against, are...
29.4K 913 10
In the next part of our story, the company of Thorin Oakenshield rush across Middle-Earth in order to get to the Lonely Mountain by Durin's Day. (Y/n...
1.8K 63 11
There was a Princess in the Woodland Realm. She was the oldest of four children. Unlike her siblings, though, she was forced to stay inside the kingd...