The Bad Boy And The Nerd

By ShyGal_13

"What's up shortcake?" He asked me. I looked into his light brown eyes that make my heart jump. "You don't ev... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
{Authors Note}
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 3

3.8K 128 11
By ShyGal_13

"Good afternoon class." a tall male, who looked to be about in his 20's, said walking into the classroom. "My name is Mr. Kinch and I'll be filling in for Miss D this school year. Today I will be putting you into groups for a quick activity." A few students protested and he put his hand up "It's either that or you can go to the principal's office." He replied making everyone be quiet.

I looked around the room to see who I could possibly end up with. I saw Luke sitting in the front of the classroom looking like he was about to fall asleep. As I kept looking my eyes landed on Jess next to Hunter. Great, now I'm in a class with two bullies.

Mr. Kinch began putting groups together and I prayed that I wouldn't be stuck with those two morons.

"Next, we'll have Luke, Chachi, Jess and.. Hunter. Sit at the table in the left corner."

As if my day couldn't get any worse.

"Um Mr. Kinch" I say raising my hand "Can I please s-switch groups?"

I heard Jess snicker causing my cheeks to heat up.

"No you maybe not. Now get together with your classmates." the teacher replied.

Sighing I walked to the table and sat beside Luke. Across from us was Jess and Hunter.

"Don't worry about it just ignore them" Luke whispered to me. I gave a small smile and nodded.

"As long as you don't leave me alone with these idiots." I replied.

Mr. Kinch came over to our table and gave us all a paper.

"Since I don't know any of you, and I'm sure you don't know anything about me, this will give us all a chance to learn about each other. Discuss these topics with the people I paired you with and we'll read them at the end of class" He announced to everyone.

I looked up to see Jessica staring at me.

"So little Miss Chachi" she said looking down at the paper "Number oneee" she said dragging out her words, "What did you do this summer?"

I gulped. "I um, I babysat and I spent t-time with my family" I replied looking down.

"You sure?" she questioned tapping her pencil on the table "You didn't maybe spend the summer with your head in the toilet?"

Feeling heat rise to my cheeks again I looked up at her. She looked at me with a small smirk playing on her lips and her face full of amusement. I knew exactly where she was going with this. I didn't like it one bit. "No Jess I didn't"

She shook her head and leaned back in her chair. "I just don't understand how you did it. You don't look like yourself anymore"

"Leave it Jessica" Luke said defending me.

"Don't tell my girlfriend what to do." Hunter said defending Jessica. He stood up and was towering over Luke.

"Maybe if you controlled your dog better I wouldn't have to" Luke shot back and stood up.

"What did you call her?" Hunter replied stepping closer to Luke.

I stood up and grabbed Luke's arm. "It's not worth it. I can take care of myself" I say looking up at Luke with pleading eyes. He sighed and shook his head.

"Whatever" he said sitting down.

There was no way I'd have Luke fighting my battles for me. Kolby had done it enough, as did Mikey. I need to start defending myself and stop being such a pushover.

Mr. Kinch made his way over to our table. "Is there a problem?"

"It's just that Chachi and Luke are terrible to work with so maybe Hunter and I can work on our own?" Jess replied

"Sure, I don't see a problem with that. Chachi and Luke you can work at the table in the front" he replied and walked away.

For the rest of class Luke and I worked together quietly, exchanging a few words here and there. Before the teacher could have us read our papers, the bell rang. I darted out of the classroom wanting to be far from those two. I walked to my locker, grabbed my bag and headed for the football field. With only one car and Mikey going to football practice, I have to wait for him. Plus, I never passed my driver's test. Who wants to drive when they can be driven anyways?

I walked up the bleachers and found a shady spot. Grabbing my bag I pulled out my Pre-Calc book and a pencil.

"Let's go baby" a girl screamed.

"Beat their ass" another screamed.

I looked up to see a few girls watching them as if it were a real game. From the corner of my eye I saw Jessica sitting and looking down at the field. I followed her gaze and noticed Hunter on the field only he wasn't alone. A skinny small cheerleader was touching his muscles and giggling like a child. The bleachers shook as a pissed off Jessica walked down them and away from the field.

After two very long hours, practice was finally over. I grabbed my stuff and walked towards the parking lot and waited at my brother's truck.

"Sadly I'm taking you home." an annoyed voice said behind me. I turned around to see a sweaty hot looking Hunter.

Wait what?

I shook my head wondering why that thought came into my mind. "You haven't seen Jess have you?" he asked.

"Nope" I say.

"Whatever. I have to be home for dinner, let's go." Hunter said walking away.

Not moving from my spot, I stood there with my arms crossed. "Where's Mike?"

"Taking a shower. He said he has work and can't be late again."

"Then I'll just walk home." I said turning away and walking out of the parking lot.

"I really don't have time for this" I heard Hunter mumble. Before I could turn around and ask him what he was talking about I felt a hand on my wrist.

"What the hell let me go!" I shouted. I felt arms wrap around me and I was thrown over a shoulder. "This is kidnapping Hunter let me go"

I pounded my fists on his back which didn't stop him from carrying me to his car. The passenger door was open and he threw me into the seat and slammed the door. I sat there in shock not knowing what to do. I turned my head to the left and saw him opening the door and getting in.

"This is kidnapping" I say crossing my arms.

"No, it's called giving my friend's sister a ride home. Buckle." He responded turning on the car. Thinking to myself if I should jump out and run he locked the doors as if reading my mind. I sighed and buckled myself in and rested my head against the window. I closed my eyes ready to fall asleep.

Feeling something wet touch my ear I shot up from where I was and pushed something away from my ear. A very amused Hunter sat there staring at me.

"Morning shortcake. We're here" Hunter said.

I looked out the window and saw we we're outside my house.

"Did you stick your finger in my ear?" I asked him disgusted

He thought about it for a moment before shrugging his shoulders "Pretty much"

I opened the door and jumped out.

"You're welcome" he said, and I slammed the car door.

I ran inside and close the front door, my back against it. I sighed and used my jacket to get his saliva out of my ear. My brother is going to pay for that. How could he let Hunter take me home? How could Mikey trust him?

"Are you okay?"

I looked up and saw my mom walking out of the kitchen and walking towards me with a concerned look.

"Yeah" I say pushing myself off the door "Just really tired"

"How was school?"

"It was good." I walked into the kitchen with her following and I grabbed an apple of the table.

"Dinner will be done around 6" she said.

"I'm not hungry" I said kissing her cheek and walked out of the kitchen. Walking up the stairs and to my room my phone began to ring. I pulled it out of my back pocket and saw Kolby was calling.

"Hello" I answered, pushing open my bedroom door and throwing myself onto the bed.

"Chachi!" Kolby yelled.

"Yeah?"

"They broke up! Everyone's talking about it. How could you not tell me? I'm your best friend we tell each other everything." she exclaimed.

"I honestly have no idea what you're talking about" I say confused. Who knows what crazy things are going through Kolby's head this time.

"Jessica and Hunter. Someone told her about you and Hunter kissing and she's pissed. She broke up with him not that long ago" she replied.

"What?" I say sitting up "I was literally just with him. I didn't kiss him! He gave me a ride home because Mike has work. This can't be happening I never kissed him" Panic ran through me. Breathing heavily, I stood up walking back and forth. "Nothing ever happened. Oh my god Jess is gonna kill me."

"So, you guys didn't kiss?" Kolby questioned.

"No I didn't freakin kiss him." I say slapping my forehead.

"But you want to, right?"

I paused. "No. I want nothing to do with him" I replied.

"You can't fool me Chach. I see how you look at him. You basically drool at the sight of him or the mention of his name" She said laughing.

"I don't like him! Can we please talk about something else?" I yelled into my phone.

"I never said anything about liking him" she said satisfied.

"You didn't have to. I have to go I'll see you in school tomorrow" I say annoyed

"We're not done talking about this" she said and I hung up.

Throwing my phone onto my bed and taking off my shoes, I laid back down. Looking at the ceiling Hunter came into my mind. As much as I hate him Kolby is right, I'm attracted to him. That doesn't change the fact that Jess and him had made my life miserable. All the names they'd call me, all the teasing and bullying.

"How was school?" Mikey asked interrupting my thoughts. I looked to see him walking in and sitting on my blue fuzzy chair.

"Oh you know the same. It went good until you made Hunter drop me off" I said annoyed

"I know I did it on purpose. Melanie needed a ride home so I asked him to take you." he replied with a smirk.

"I thought you had work?" I asked

"What're you talking about? I don't work on Wednesdays" Mikey said confused.

Realizing Hunter lied to me I shook my head. "Never mind. Everyone thinks I kissed him but I didn't." I say looking at a confused Mikey.

"Why are people saying that? He didn't do anything to you did he?" He said standing up.

"No" I replied, "Someone told Jess they saw us kissing and now everyone knows about it."

"Honestly don't worry about it. If I didn't hear about it then I'm sure not everyone knows. It's probably nothing" he said coming towards me. He patted my head and looked at me "Thing's will get better I promise" Turning around he walked out and closed the door behind him.

Getting up and walking to my closet I changed into grey sweatpants and a black tank top. I walked back into my room and sat on my bed grabbing my phone. 8:30 pm and I'm exhausted. Turning off the lamp next to my bed I grabbed my blankets and covered myself. Snuggling into the fluffy pillows I sighed and peacefully fell asleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

143K 2.4K 43
🚧 UNDER CONSTRUCTION 🚧 γ€€In editing process, first book, revamping in progressγ€€ ❝ πΏπ‘œπ“‹π‘’ 𝑀𝒢𝒹𝑒 𝒯𝒽𝑒 π’Ÿπ’Άπ“ƒπ‘”π‘’π“‡ 𝐼𝓃 π’΄π‘œπ“Š πΏπ‘œπ‘œπ“€ 𝐿𝒾𝓀...
52.5K 2.4K 47
*UNDER EDITING* ❝What I saw in front of me was unbelievable. I felt a gut wrenching pain in my heart, as if someone has stabbed me a million times. S...
207K 8.1K 29
"Why can't you just tell me what's wrong" he whispered, getting quieter than before and cupped my face in his hands. With every passing day we grow...
6.6K 237 89
Stephanie Walker, A-straight student, sweet,pretty and every parent's dream. What happens when her simple life clashes with the golden boy at her se...