Hunter Academy (Edited)

Galing kay Miss_Ever_After

Damien is a hunter of vampires, werewolves, all things paranormal so you wouldnt expect his life to be normal... Higit pa

Chapter 1 (Edited)
Chapter 2 (Edited)
Chapter 3 (Edited)
Chapter 4 (Edited)
Chapter 5 (Edited)
Chapter 6 (Edited)
Chapter 7 (Edited)
Chapter 8 (Edited)
Chapter 9 (Edited)
Chapter 10 (Edited)
Chapter 11 (Edited)
Chapter 12 (Edited)
Chapter 13 (Edited)
Chapter 14 (Edited)
Chapter 15 (Edited)
Chapter 16 (Edited)
Chapter 17 (Edited)
Chapter 18 (Edited)
Chapter 19 (Edited)
Chapter 20 (Edited)
Chapter 21 (Edited)
Chapter 22 (Edited)
Chapter 23 (Edited)
Chapter 24 (Edited)
Chapter 25 (Edited)
Chapter 26 (Edited)
Chapter 27 (Edited)
Chapter 28 (Edited)
Chapter 29 (Edited)
Chapter 31 (Edited)
Hunter Academy 2: Next Book

Chapter 30 (Edited)

1.4K 12 3
Galing kay Miss_Ever_After

Chapter 30

I suppressed a groan as the drug once again wore off. The scene hadn’t changed much. My family was still passed out on the floor and the room was exactly as it was before, the only difference was that the guards seemed to have changed. As if on cue, Jeremy entered the room and came close to me.

“So you’re awake, that’s interesting. You were given a much larger dose of the drug and you still managed wake up before your family.” He inspected me and shrugged dropping the topic. “I thought you said no one knew you were here,” Jeremy said. I shook my head.

“No one does know I’m here, I told no one where I was going.” Jeremy laughed disbelievingly. I gave him a confused look. Why were we talking about this?

“Don’t lie to me. I have your friends, they had to have followed you.” Who did Jeremy have in his clutches now? I heard footsteps and glanced towards the entrance of the room and was surprised to see Erik, Liz and Jordan.

“You, you’re the one that took Damien’s family?” Liz exclaimed. Jeremy smiled at her and Liz took a step back disgusted but that only caused her to run into the guard behind her. She looked up at the tall guard and stepped away. What were they doing here? Were they actually caught or was this part of their plan? If they were actually caught though that would mean Erik’s father would have been captured too. That knowledge lifted my spirits. Maybe there was hope for us yet.

“So, which one of you is the witch?” Jeremy asked. The three of the exchanged shocked looks and looked back at Jeremy with determined looks. “Fine, just handcuff all three of them with the handcuffs that prevent the wearer from using magic.” The guard behind Liz pulled out three handcuffs and handcuffed all of them then pushed them to the ground a little while away from Kayla. Erik’s expression as he was cuffed told me that he hadn’t expected this, he was now really captured.

“I knew there was a reason I never liked you,” Erik said as he tried to shift into a more comfortable position but judging by his pained expression he couldn’t. “There was just something off about you to me. I didn’t know how nobody else saw it. Now you’re a vampire, and that just makes everything worse.” Jeremy glared at Erik and then got some duct tape from the guards table. He cut a long strip of it and then put it over Erik’s mouth to shut him up. Erik seemed to be talented at annoying vampires.

“Now that that’s taken care of, I can get to the fun part. Who shall I kill first…,” Jeremy pondered aloud as he looked all around the room. He ended up facing Jordan. “You aren’t all that important so I’ll just kill you first.” Jordan’s eyes widened and he glanced at Liz before Jeremy hauled him to his feet. In a quick and efficient way Jeremy snapped his neck and let him fall to the floor. “It’s a shame to let all that blood go to waste, so, its dinner time,” Jeremy announced. He gave me an annoying sideways glance before crouching beside Jordan’s body.

The guards descended on the body and started drinking his blood. My family shut their eyes to avoid the gruesome sight but Liz, Erik and I all watched horrified. Liz sat still and quiet throughout the whole thing, only struggling and crying after they had finished.

“How could you,” she screamed at them. The guards displayed no emotion and only Jeremy responded.

“Shh, it’s alright,” he said as he lifted her chin to look into her eyes. Liz forced herself out of his grips and Jeremy’s bloody fingers left trails on Liz’s face. Liz closed her eyes to stop looking at the monster before her and to mourn Jordan, the guy who had been her partner and friend for years. “That didn’t seem to have really affected you, Damien. I want you really to hate yourself, so who shall I kill next. How about a pretty, distraught damsel in distress?” Liz’s breath caught as she figured out that Jeremy was talking about her. “It’s really a shame you had to come to Damien’s rescue, I didn’t want to have to kill you but now I have to.” Funny, Jeremy didn’t seem all that sad.

“Boss, apparently there is a vampire here to see you. They say they want to join you.” Jeremy brightened and walked away from Liz who sighed, relieved. He gave Liz a nod and then smirked.

“Oh don’t worry, I’ll be back to deal with you later,” he called over his shoulder and Liz shuddered. It seemed as if one second Jeremy was gone, and the next he was back with a female vampire following him.

I forced myself not to react when I saw Alexandria. What was she doing here? She was wearing a really short, dark denim skirt and a low cut, purple t-shirt; the whole outfit wasn’t exactly Alexandria’s style. She gave Jeremy a flirty smile as she nonchalantly stepped over Jordan’s body.

“What’s going on here,” Alexandria asked in a clueless voice. She fluttered her eyelashes at Jeremy and the three guards whistled. Jeremy silenced them with a wave of his hand, not even looking in that direction. He looked over Alexandria appreciatively and smiled.

“Nothing much, just personal stuff, don’t concern yourself. So you want to join me? Why?” he asked suspiciously. Alexandria shrugged.

“Well see, I used to hang out with Derek Bellamont, he just seemed so powerful,” Alexandria explained, acting like a stereotypical dumb party girl. “But then I found out he had a boss, and that wasn’t appealing at all. I was so curious; I just had to find out who this new powerful vampire is. I asked around and found out that rumours were going around saying you were already a powerful new vampire and you are sure to get more powerful,” she said, skilfully appealing to his ego.

“I wasn’t looking for new followers but I’ll make an exception,” Jeremy replied not seeing a threat. “My cause is going to be ridding that world of hunters.”

“Oh my gosh,” Alexandria squealed. “I totally hate hunters. They are so annoying; I mean, why must they attack me with pointy pieces wood?” At this Erik snorted and Alexandria got a hurt expression. “That’s really mean, it’s not nice to laugh at people,” she said still acting hurt.

“Oh it’s okay,” Jeremy said comfortingly as he gave Alexandria a hug. Alexandria just barely restrained her eye roll and discretely stuck her hand into Jeremy’s pocket making sure no one noticed. “I can get him back for you, or would you like to do it?”

“Me?” Alexandria asked surprised. “What do I do?” she inquired still being clueless. Her acting skills were amazing. I barely stopped myself from laughing.

“I can just do it then,” Jeremy said but Alexandria pouted unhappy. She grabbed his wrist as he moved towards Erik.

“No, you said I could do it,” she whined. “So tell me what to do.” Jeremy paused and nodded.

“Haven’t you ever had to fight a vampire of discipline someone,” Jeremy asked incredulously. Alexandria shook her head.

“Nope, if a hunter tries to kill me I just run. I don’t really want to risk my life. All the other times, I just influence humans so they never cause trouble in the first place,” she answered.

“You have a lot to learn,” Jeremy laughed. “Just go over to that hunter and hit him.” Alexandria smiled.

“Okay that’s easy,” she said. In a moment she was beside Erik. She paused for a moment then crouched beside him before slapping him. Erik clenched his jaw annoyed and Alexandria stood up. I prayed that no one had seen Alexandria give Erik something. Even Liz hadn’t appeared to have noticed it, but the vampires might.

“That’s it? All you do is slap him?” Jeremy asked, shaking his head.

“Well yeah, it was a hard slap,” she said defending herself. “Why? What else was I supposed to do?” The guards snickered but Jeremy shot a silencing glance.

“Well you could have drunk his blood, or hit him a few more times.”

“Oh, but I wasn’t thirsty and I’m not that abusive,” Alexandria murmured as she played with the sliver bracelet wrapped around her wrist, she twisted it many times.

“Yeah, I can see that,” Jeremy sighed. “Now go sit by the guards while I get on with what I was going to do before you interrupted me.” Alexandria looked apologetic at that and she fiddled with the edge of her shirt and her hair fell into her face as she looked down. She reminded me of a child that just got in trouble.

Jeremy watched her for a moment as she made her way over to the table that the guards were near. She leaned on it and smiled at the guards. The guards barely acknowledged her as they kept vigilant watch on the hunters chained up.

Jeremy made Liz stand up and moved her to the middle of the room near where Jordan’s body was. Liz gulped and averted her eyes from the gruesome sight. Instead she stared fearfully at Jeremy wincing slightly as he dug his fingernails into her arm.

I looked over at Erik and saw that he seemed as if he was concentrating hard on something. Jeremy pulled Liz closer to him and pushed aside her hair exposing her throat. Just as Jeremy was about to bite Liz, he screamed out in pain and dropped to his knees. Erik stood up and dropped the handcuffs to the ground. He tossed the keys that Alexandria had given him and I used my foot to bring it closer. Once it was close enough I grabbed it and started trying random keys to see if they would unlock the chains.

Jeremy’s scream must have attracted more guards because in moments the room seemed filled with them. Liz ran away from Jeremy and over to Erik. She had managed to get a stake from Jeremy’s jacket pocket and she was using it now to fight the vampires trying to get her and Erik. The guards must have distracted Erik and he lost the focus needed to keep Jeremy in pain.

He dusted himself off and then just watched as Liz and Erik fought against the guards swarming them. They weren’t alone though, Alexandria was also fighting guards near her. She was smiling; she must enjoy finally getting to be herself.

Jeremy seemed to realize that he would not have enough guards to defeat a witch, a vampire and a hunter all working together. Not to mention there would be more hunters fighting once they managed to free themselves. He looked around and then headed to the door abandoning everyone here. He couldn’t just be allowed to get away.

I kept attempting to stick keys into the handcuffs around my wrists but none of them seemed to work. I was just starting to despair but I felt the key going in. I twisted the key and felt it give then I let out the breath I had been holding. I pushed the keys to Kayla and she took them surprised. I slipped the handcuffs off and made my way through the fight, for some reason the guards didn’t pay attention to me. I paused by the guards table and grabbed a stake and then left the room.

As I turned back to look at the mess going on in the room I saw Erik watching me. I’m guessing he was the reason that none of the guards seemed to notice me. He frowned but was unable to follow me since he was already busy with the fight. I headed along the corridor and came to a hallway going both ways; Jeremy could have gone either way. I took a deep breath and randomly picked right, for some reason I had a feeling about that way. I just hoped my feeling was lucky.

I relied on my instincts as I navigated my way through the building. I almost felt relieved when I saw a set of stairs leading up to an open door. I neared the stairs and looked up warily but nothing happened. It seemed okay, the cold air brushed by me and I stared at the stars as I went up the stairs. I went out on the roof slowly and heard the crunch of rocks beneath my feet. If Jeremy was up here, he definitely would have heard me.

I gripped the stake tightly as I stepped further out onto the roof. It was pretty big and it had a lot of places for someone to hide. I kept walking forward, aiming to round the corner and see if I could see Jeremy. A piece of fabric caught my eyes and I headed towards. It was too late when I had realized that I was being stupid. I hadn’t kept a wall behind me so that no one could ambush me from behind.

I whipped around and caught sight of Jeremy coming towards me quickly and I held up the stake. Jeremy knocked it away and it landed a few metres away. He pushed me to the ground and we struggled. I was trying to get away from him while he was trying to win the fight. His hands wrapped around my throat and tightened cutting off my circulation. With my remaining strength I kicked him off and crawled a bit towards the stake even as coughs racked my body. Jeremy noticed what I was doing and quickly snatched the stake and then towered over me smirking.

“So what are you going to do now? Do you really think you can beat me unarmed?” he asked condescendingly. “I must say I’m impressed, first your hunter friends followed you and allowed themselves to be caught and then they managed to get free. I never knew they had it in them.” He ran his fingers over the stake as he stared out at the nearby scenery. “I’m curious though, how did you manage to get a vampire to aid you?”

“How do you know she was actually helping me?” I whispered; my voice still not recovered. Jeremy’s eyes narrowed.

“Do you think I’m stupid? What are the chances that a vampire infiltrates the building and randomly starts fighting guards when Erik managed to get free? It’s obvious now that she was helping you, I have no idea how she managed to fool me.” He studied me for a moment. “This wasn’t originally my plan but if you end up dead that’s good enough for me. I still have to decide how I’ll do it. I can choke you, drain your blood,” he said counting on his fingers. “Or, I can throw you off the roof, or even kill you with the stake you were planning on using on me.”

I crawled backwards a bit and he didn’t do anything, he didn’t expect me to do anything. A thought occurred to me and I slowly got to my feet and then rushed to tackle him full force, well, the full force I could achieve being as weak as I was. As I predicted he didn’t expect me to attack him so he did nothing as my body collided with his, the momentum sending us off the roof. I hit the ground painfully and I gingerly sat up. Jeremy was lying on the ground dazed and I took the moment to look for the stake.

Luck was on my side because it was lying near me; Jeremy must have dropped it on the way down. I wrapped my fingers around it and concealed it in my shirt then started walking away making it look like I was trying to get away from Jeremy. He slammed me in the building with a hiss and then smirked.

“So this is where you finally die,” he announced but I shook my head confusing him. I gave him and smile as he seemed to realize something was off.

“No, this is where you finally die,” I corrected him before shoving the recently concealed stake through his heart. He touched the stake weakly as if to confirm it was actually there and then dropped to the ground, dead.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

AHHHH, one more chapter to go. i have mixed feelings about that. anyways, the question i want to ask is if people would read a second book if i decided to post a sequel. im curious to see if people actually would want to read it.

:( after im done this story i have to go back and edit it, not my favourite thing to do in the world. i've made bunches of mistakes.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

60 0 3
This is apart of an introduction to a fictional story im writing. Im very passionate about it and hope you enjoy. If i make any mistake i do apologiz...
141 46 46
Every thing about him was once normal. Normal life, normal job, normal family. At least, that's what I thought. Taylor, my best friend in the whole w...
52.9K 1.9K 21
Devin once had a great life. A mother and father that doted on him, more friends than he could count, and a great outlook on life. That all changed w...
613 70 19
Damien Masters is your average 17-year old nobody. He's not the most social person ever, and his father happens to work for a independent constructio...