Chapter 7 (Edited)

i have added a bit more to this chapter to make it longer

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Chapter 7

I sighed in annoyance before I bit a second time into the apple that was my breakfast. The niece who lived here was blasting music loudly in her room. It was almost like she was in our apartment. Erik came out of his room and scowled at me. He had stubbornly ignored the noise and kept on sleeping until now. I was impressed with how long he had managed to sleep, I woke up almost as soon as the music started and the tone deaf singing reached my ears. He stumbled past me to the bathroom and took a shower; it seemed that the noise of the cascading water made the singing less heard.

By the time I had finished my apple; Erik had finished showering and had gotten dressed clearly indicating he couldn’t stand another moment of singing. I slipped on the other jacket I had in my bag, already dressed. I wanted to leave as soon as the singing had started but had waited for Erik to wake up.

Ugh, I need a coffee to get rid of this stupid headache,” groaned Erik as I glanced down at my phone and saw that Liz had texted to tell me that she and her partner were on the bus and close to the city.

“We can get coffee after we pick up Liz and Jordan first,” I replied as we left the apartment. We hailed a cab and then made our way to the bus station to greet Liz. When we got there we exited the taxi and told the driver to wait, hopefully we wouldn’t be here long. We sat down on one of the benches and waited for fifteen minutes until the same silver coloured bus that had taken us to the city came. Liz and Jordan were one of the first few people to get of the bus so that meant they got their luggage before most of the other people.

Liz spotted us and waved while dragging a suit case behind her with the other hand. When she got over she dropped her stuff and hugged me, happy to see me. I returned the hug for a bit then gestured to the annoyed taxi driver, he probably was really bored. Liz nodded and picked up her stuff once more to put it in the trunk of the taxi. After she did that she got in the back seat, taking the middle. Jordan took the front seat so Erik and I would sit on either side of Liz.

“So before we go and catch up can we first go to the hotel room that my mom booked for Jordan and I?” asked Liz. I nodded not caring as I had nothing else to do today. Liz leaned forward and whispered the name of the hotel to the taxi driver who immediately started driving.

“So what happened to Michael?” I inquired unable to contain my curiosity. Liz gave me a look unsure of how much to saw in front of the taxi driver.

“Well for starters he can’t do the year off like the rest of us,” Liz began and I nodded having already guessed that. “He’s also been suspended for a while. He’s being sent away to stay with family in another province. While he’s there he’s going to go through a rigorous training center for the trouble he’s caused.”

Liz allowed herself a smile; she didn’t feel bad for Michael one bit. Michael probably was thinking that what he had done really wasn’t worth the consequences. I wouldn’t wish the rigorous training upon anyone. It was rumoured that while at the special training center they made you go back to the basics and basically retrained you. It’s supposed to shape you to be a better hunter but really it’s to make sure you never do the things you did to get there ever again. It’s a sort of boot camp for hunters, much worse than the average training a hunter goes through in the Academy. Hunters never came back quite the same. I don’t think they ever are really themselves after.

“I know you’re probably happy about his punishment but when you think of what he has to go through, you’ll realize he doesn’t deserve it,” I chided Liz. “Don’t get me wrong, he definitely deserves some kind of punishment but not to that extreme.” Liz rolled her eyes but I knew she was considering my words.