Chapter 12 (Edited)

This chapter is dedicated to her because she asked for a new chapter just today and although i replied i would do it on the weekend it made me feel like writing a bit and eventually i finished the chapter when i wasn't at all planning to. Thanks :)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Chapter 12

As soon as I saw her move towards me I instinctively reacted. I broke off a piece of wood from a nearby piece of furniture to protect myself. Before I knew it I was pinned to the wall and the receiver of a murderous glare from someone who had a piece of wood placed just below their ribs. It was angled just so, if I pushed it would travel straight into the heart.

“I will stake you if you don’t back off,” I warned. Alexandria drew her lips back over her elongated fangs with effort but didn’t move. I stared into her dark purple eyes ready at an instant notice to stake her if she so much tried to even move closer to me than she already was. Alexandria closed her eyes as she breathed deeply and when she opened them they were the lighter colour of purple she had before.

She took a moment to get herself under control. Then she grabbed my arm and twisted sharply causing me to drop my only means of protection, the makeshift stake. She smirked at me as I cried out in pain.

“I’m sorry, that’s just habit when a stake is way too close to me,” she said as she released my arm letting me sink to the ground. I glanced at her and then back at the stake lying on the floor. It didn’t seem like she’d attack me again but I couldn’t be sure. I reached out and took the stake when she wasn’t looking. She knows that I have it, I thought as she spun around and gave me an amused smile. I got up from the carpeted floor holding the stake in plain view seeing as there was no reason to hide it.

“Yeah well, I’m sorry but I didn’t feel like dying today, but that’s just me,” I said.

“Well you would think all hunters have a bit of a death wish, it is a dangerous job where anything could happen; the things you fight are way more superior to human hunters,” she explained, her usual self once more.

“Huh, and yet how many of members of these supposedly superior species do we kill a year? The answer is a lot more than we care to count,” I retorted rubbing my arm. Vampires had such a strong grip and I had had my share of vampire attacks over these last few days.

I looked over at Alexandria but her attention was elsewhere as she watched out the window. I cleared my throat and she blinked slowly taking in our surroundings once more.

“I have something for you,” she said as she reached into a plain black shopping bag. I tensed up momentarily before realizing it was probably nothing harmful. She pulled out something wrapped in tissue paper and threw the bundle at me not waiting to see if I caught it before going into the bathroom and shutting the door behind her. I watched her go before looking down at the tissue papered package in my hands.

I ripped off the tape holding the bundle together and removed the paper. What was inside it was a long sleeved blue sweater and some dark black jeans; they both looked new and expensive. I looked up from the clothes I was holding when Alexandria left the bathroom and sat on the edge of the bed on a part that wasn’t soaked.

“Are you planning on getting changed? Or are you planning on going outside looking like you were just part of a gang fight?” She asked sarcastically. I rolled my eyes and went into the bathroom.

Once the door was shut and locked, not that a lock would be any hindrance to a vamp if they really wanted to get in I put my hands on the edge of the sink and looked at my pale, sickly reflection. I removed my bloody t-shirt and didn’t feel any pain that time. I surveyed the damage done and the dried caked blood before sighing. I took the smaller towel of the stack of towels that all looked not quite clean and ran it under water. I washed my face with it removing the grime and traces of dirt then proceeded to wipe the blood off my body. With persistence I wiped most of the blood off and cleaned up the wound caused by the stake stopping every once in a while due to intense pain.