Chapter 21 (Edited)

Also I'm sorry i haven't posted in a while, I've just been really busy not to mention its near the end of the school year for me so i have a bunch of projects and things. i have exams near the end of June so after that i should have time to write more.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Chapter 21

I pulled out my headphones and picked the portable DVD player off my lap now that the movie I was watching was over. Alexandria was watching the movie with me until she fell asleep so then I decided to watch it by myself with headphones to minimize the chance that she would wake up.

I got up and stretched, and noticed that we were close to the airport where the airplane would land. I set down the DVD player and touched Alexandria’s shoulder intending to wake her up to tell her we weren’t there. Alexandria must have been deeply asleep and not heard me moving about because as soon as I touched her shoulder she sat up quickly and grabbed my wrist as if I was a threat.

“What are you doing?” she asked me once she determined who it was and where she was. Her violet eyes searched mine before looking around and noticing what I had. “Oh we’re near the airport.” I nodded and pulled my wrist from her grasp.

The plane got lower and lower finally landing on the runway of another private airport. Once the plane came to a halt the stairs lowered and Alexandria was the first one out of the plane.

“Don’t you have a bag of belongings or something?” I had only just noticed she brought almost nothing with her on the plane. She shook her head.

“When would I have had time to pack? This was kind of a last minute decision. Don’t worry, I have money so getting things won’t be a problem,” she replied.

“Right, so what do we do now?” I asked setting my bag on the ground. Alexandria rolled her eyes and waved to an airport employee and minutes later a black limo screeched to a stop in front of us. The limo driver got out and bowed to Alexandria before picking up my bags and putting them in the trunk. He then held open the door for Alexandria and I, staring curiously at me when I passed him. He was probably wondering who the hell I was.

The limo had chocolate brown leather seats, two TVs and a mini bar with a range of beverages. Alexandria poured herself some white wine that she got from a black cupboard and then gestured to the mini bar.

“Do you want anything?” I was about to shake my head because I didn’t feel like alcohol but then I saw that there was a label on the mini fridge that said it had water. I slid open the fridge and contained a shudder. There were water bottles near the top shelves of the mini fridge but on the lower shelves were bags of chilled blood. I quickly picked up a cool water bottle then took a gulp of it letting the fridge door automatically shut. I looked over at Alexandria and saw she was fighting a smile, she knew exactly what I had seen.

“Where to Miss Alexandria?” the limo driver called from the driver’s seat. Alexandria thought for a moment as she took a sip of her wine.

“Just take us downtown.” Alexandria sat back and got comfortable as the limo started driving. She gazed out the window as the scenery flew by.

“Why are we going to downtown Ottawa?” I asked. Alexandria didn’t turn to look at me.

“Well, I don’t think a vampire such as Derek Bellamont would be content to live in the country for most of his life. Downtown is much more crowded and interesting and it tends to have more humans than the country. That is just my hunch but I’m feeling confident.”

“Have you been to Ottawa before?”

“I’ve had a lot of time ever since I was turned, do you really think that I would be happy with staying in one spot for many years? I’ve travelled to many countries and places including Ottawa to answer your question,” she told me.